• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Faso115

Smash Lord
Interesting discovery

This build added a lot of voicelines for Gizmo and Lebron. Gizmo seems to also have lines from a Gremlin. Either he transforms (which would be weird), he is in a duo with a Gremlin (probably Stripe) or both him and a Gremlin (again, Stripe) come as separate characters. There is also a weird find that character 16 is not the Giant but Lebron James. Sooooo, i bet he will be coming for the Beta if he is in line before the Giant (who is already revealed). That's weird or someone accidentally left that CODE and they switched the giant and lebron's release dates around.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Been playing the alpha. Takes some getting used to, but it's pretty fun

In terms of characters, I'm currently gravitating towards Superman, Velma, Taz, Harley, and Arya

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
One issue I'm really hating is the characters keep suddenly changing positions around the stage. This has kept attacks from connecting and has gotten me killed several times.
I thought this was an online lag thing but I just played against a bot and it still did it. Is it just me or is this happening to anyone else?

Also, unrelated, but half the moves having cooldown and the other half being susceptible to attack decay makes characters like Bugs a pain in the ass to play.

D

Deleted member

Interesting discovery

This build added a lot of voicelines for Gizmo and Lebron. Gizmo seems to also have lines from a Gremlin. Either he transforms (which would be weird), he is in a duo with a Gremlin (probably Stripe) or both him and a Gremlin (again, Stripe) come as separate characters. There is also a weird find that character 16 is not the Giant but Lebron James. Sooooo, i bet he will be coming for the Beta if he is in line before the Giant (who is already revealed). That's weird or someone accidentally left that CODE and they switched the giant and lebron's release dates around.
wouldn't be the first time gizmo could transform in a game. He could transform intoa sort of half Gremlin half mogwai in Lego Dimensions. I'd prefer playable Stripe though.

Hmm. Velma did get drooped during the last beta so a surprise character like Lebron getting dropped wouldn't be too out of left field

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
How would you react if this game had a rival system?
Garnet VS Velma (Cartoon females)
Bugs VS Shaggy (Food)
Arya Stark VS Wonder Woman (Female Swordusers)
Jake the Dog VS Reindog (Dog characters)

D

Deleted member

More findings

Seems Morty will release alongside Rick. He's listed next to him in the files next to the base roster characters. Gandalf is worryingly absent but still has some data including some new taunts. Lots of data for skins, including for Godzilla.

Stripe does seem to have some presence, unknown if he's his own spot or some sort of weird switching moveset with Gizmo

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
More findings

Seems Morty will release alongside Rick. He's listed next to him in the files next to the base roster characters. Gandalf is worryingly absent but still has some data including some new taunts. Lots of data for skins, including for Godzilla.

Stripe does seem to have some presence, unknown if he's his own spot or some sort of weird switching moveset with Gizmo
It could be something similar to Tom & Jerry were Stripe chases after Gizmo for some of their movesets.

Also, Ninja has a taunt indicating her & brute to be in the roster.

D

Deleted member

Really not sure I like the idea of multiple OC's in this. One is fine enough and Reindog is actually kind of cute but rhe other two don't do it for me and I'd have rather seen those spots go to WB characters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Really not sure I like the idea of multiple OC's in this. One is fine enough and Reindog is actually kind of cute but rhe other two don't do it for me and I'd have rather seen those spots go to WB characters
supposedly, the oc characters have some of the oldest files in the game. It's been speculated that this game started as it's own original IP before they decided to make it a full on WB crossover. Would explain their existence a bit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lebron coming soon would make sense. He has a lot of voice lines and data for multiple alt costumes (including him as Robin from that part in Space Jam 2)

11 doesn't seem to have anything new (unless j missed something) but the voice lines that characters have for her are still there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I decided to make a moveset for my most wanted character now that we know for sure how movesets are formatted.

Wilt

Wilt is a Support class fighter who focuses on helping his teammate get around the battlefield, offering them a variety of buffs while debuffing their foes. Wilt is very tall and incredibly lanky, so his moves have great range, but rather low damage output, relying on sweet spots to get the KO if the need arises, as well as damage over time. A team player until the end, Wilt is an imaginary friend you'll always be glad to have around.

Ground Normals

Neutral: Dribble - Wilt pulls out a basketball and begins to dribble it in front of himself. Due to his height, there's a good deal of space in front of Wilt that becomes a rapid, multi-hitting hitbox.

Side: Underhand Toss - Wilt swings his arm in an upward scoop which launches the foe behind him. This move can be [Charged].

Up: Style Points - Wilt spins a basketball on the tip of his finger that rapidly damages overlapping foes.

Down: Clean Sweep - Wilt sweeps his arm across the ground while crouching, popping any foes in the way up into the air. This move can be [Charged]. If this move hits a [Laundry Pile] and it's [Uncharged], the [Laundry Pile] will move slightly forward. If it's [Charged], the [Laundry Pile] will disappear prematurely.

Air Normals

Neutral: Split Kick - Wilt performs a split kick, kicking his legs out to the sides. This move has a [Lingering Hitbox], but is weak in damage unless the foe is hit with the sweet spots at Wilt's feet.

Side: Strong Dunk - Wilt reaches his arm out and slaps downward. The [Hitbox] on Wilt's hand has a [Spike] effect. This move can be [Charged].

Up: Aerial Block - Wilt waves his arm in an arc over the top of his head to swat away incoming opponents.

Down: How's the Weather Down There - Wilt stretches both of his legs downward in a stomp and says "Sorry!" This move can be [Charged].

Specials

Neutral: Interception! - If a projectile attack is about to hit Wilt and this move is activated, or if a projectile attack is about to hit Wilt's ally and Wilt activates this move while in range, Wilt intercepts the projectile and throws it back at them. When this happens, the projectile gains a [Rebound] effect, where it's stronger than it was when it was initially launched. The first time the move is used, the [Rebound] also has a [Homing] effect, though it has substantial [Cooldown]. If used in the air, Wilt throws the intercepted projectile straight down.

Side: Laundry Lay-Up - Wilt lightly tosses a ball of freshly done laundry onto the ground, creating a [Laundry Pile]. Only one [Laundry Pile] can be out on the stage at once. If Wilt or an ally touches the [Laundry Pile], they will receive a [Fresh Laundry] buff, which increases their [Speed] for a limited time, and [Heals] a small bit of health. Repeatedly touching the [Laundry Pile] does not stack these effects. If a foe touches the [Laundry Pile], they will receive a [Static Cling] debuff. This will cause them to take light [Damage Over Time] for a brief period, and make foes [Cling] together if they get close enough, making them easier to hit at the same time. This move has [Cooldown] and acts the same way if used in the air.

Up: Nothing But Net - If used on the ground, this move is a [Command Grab]. If an ally is close by, Wilt will pick them up and throw them toward the opponent. The ally becomes a projectile with an active [Hitbox] and is briefly [Invincible], allowing them to break through the enemy defense in a burst maneuver. The throw speed is amplified if the ally has a [Fresh Laundry] buff. If Wilt grabs a foe, they will be thrown forward, and receive damage if they hit the ground or their teammate. If used in the air, Wilt leaps upward as if performing a slam dunk. If a foe overlaps Wilt during this, they will be grabbed and dunked downwards.

Down: After You! - A [Door] appears in front of Wilt as he holds it open, stepping into the background as he does so and becoming briefly [Invincible]. Allies who pass through the [Door] will become [Thankful] and receive a boost to their [Damage Output] for a limited time. If a foe passes through the [Door], their [Damage Output] will receive an equivalent debuff. If this move is used in the air, the [Door] will fall face down as a projectile as it is not attached to any hinges, and won't activate any buffs or debuffs.

Taunt 1: Wilt does the worm.

Taunt 2: Wilt rolls a basketball across his shoulder and down his arm.

Victory Animation: Okay so do you remember the scene from the show where Wilt starts dancing to a song that Definitely Isn't A Lawyer Friendly Rip Off of All-Star? That dance is his victory animation.

Losing Animation: Wilt smiles and repeatedly hits his fingers against his palm. He only has one harm so clapping is hard don't be mean.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I decided to make a moveset for my most wanted character now that we know for sure how movesets are formatted.

Wilt

Wilt is a Support class fighter who focuses on helping his teammate get around the battlefield, offering them a variety of buffs while debuffing their foes. Wilt is very tall and incredibly lanky, so his moves have great range, but rather low damage output, relying on sweet spots to get the KO if the need arises, as well as damage over time. A team player until the end, Wilt is an imaginary friend you'll always be glad to have around.

Ground Normals

Neutral: Dribble - Wilt pulls out a basketball and begins to dribble it in front of himself. Due to his height, there's a good deal of space in front of Wilt that becomes a rapid, multi-hitting hitbox.

Side: Underhand Toss - Wilt swings his arm in an upward scoop which launches the foe behind him. This move can be [Charged].

Up: Style Points - Wilt spins a basketball on the tip of his finger that rapidly damages overlapping foes.

Down: Clean Sweep - Wilt sweeps his arm across the ground while crouching, popping any foes in the way up into the air. This move can be [Charged]. If this move hits a [Laundry Pile] and it's [Uncharged], the [Laundry Pile] will move slightly forward. If it's [Charged], the [Laundry Pile] will disappear prematurely.

Air Normals

Neutral: Split Kick - Wilt performs a split kick, kicking his legs out to the sides. This move has a [Lingering Hitbox], but is weak in damage unless the foe is hit with the sweet spots at Wilt's feet.

Side: Strong Dunk - Wilt reaches his arm out and slaps downward. The [Hitbox] on Wilt's hand has a [Spike] effect. This move can be [Charged].

Up: Aerial Block - Wilt waves his arm in an arc over the top of his head to swat away incoming opponents.

Down: How's the Weather Down There - Wilt stretches both of his legs downward in a stomp and says "Sorry!" This move can be [Charged].

Specials

Neutral: Interception! - If a projectile attack is about to hit Wilt and this move is activated, or if a projectile attack is about to hit Wilt's ally and Wilt activates this move while in range, Wilt intercepts the projectile and throws it back at them. When this happens, the projectile gains a [Rebound] effect, where it's stronger than it was when it was initially launched. The first time the move is used, the [Rebound] also has a [Homing] effect, though it has substantial [Cooldown]. If used in the air, Wilt throws the intercepted projectile straight down.

Side: Laundry Lay-Up - Wilt lightly tosses a ball of freshly done laundry onto the ground, creating a [Laundry Pile]. Only one [Laundry Pile] can be out on the stage at once. If Wilt or an ally touches the [Laundry Pile], they will receive a [Fresh Laundry] buff, which increases their [Speed] for a limited time, and [Heals] a small bit of health. Repeatedly touching the [Laundry Pile] does not stack these effects. If a foe touches the [Laundry Pile], they will receive a [Static Cling] debuff. This will cause them to take light [Damage Over Time] for a brief period, and make foes [Cling] together if they get close enough, making them easier to hit at the same time. This move has [Cooldown] and acts the same way if used in the air.

Up: Nothing But Net - If used on the ground, this move is a [Command Grab]. If an ally is close by, Wilt will pick them up and throw them toward the opponent. The ally becomes a projectile with an active [Hitbox] and is briefly [Invincible], allowing them to break through the enemy defense in a burst maneuver. The throw speed is amplified if the ally has a [Fresh Laundry] buff. If Wilt grabs a foe, they will be thrown forward, and receive damage if they hit the ground or their teammate. If used in the air, Wilt leaps upward as if performing a slam dunk. If a foe overlaps Wilt during this, they will be grabbed and dunked downwards.

Down: After You! - A [Door] appears in front of Wilt as he holds it open, stepping into the background as he does so and becoming briefly [Invincible]. Allies who pass through the [Door] will become [Thankful] and receive a boost to their [Damage Output] for a limited time. If a foe passes through the [Door], their [Damage Output] will receive an equivalent debuff. If this move is used in the air, the [Door] will fall face down as a projectile as it is not attached to any hinges, and won't activate any buffs or debuffs.

Taunt 1: Wilt does the worm.

Taunt 2: Wilt rolls a basketball across his shoulder and down his arm.

Victory Animation: Okay so do you remember the scene from the show where Wilt starts dancing to a song that Definitely Isn't A Lawyer Friendly Rip Off of All-Star? That dance is his victory animation.

Losing Animation: Wilt smiles and repeatedly hits his fingers against his palm. He only has one harm so clapping is hard don't be mean.
Not Bad, Pretty Good and The Moveset & Animations represent Wilt's Character Well.

Reading this made me imagine what wilt would look like in the game.

Edit at 5/22/22 at 6:52 PM:
Apparently The Datamines has Movesets for Godzilla, including another that i didn't post due to potential image space called "Proton Scream"
1653267122239.png

1653267142796.png

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's good to know that, once again like for some games, unlocking the important stuff with real cash is purely optional. The cosmetics pretty much take the Dead Or Alive route in terms of acquisition here, seeing as they don't add much to the game besides customization and fan service.

My only concern is how DLC characters and stuff would work, exactly. Would the option to unlock them be added by updates?

Not Bad, Pretty Good and The Moveset & Animations represent Wilt's Character Well.

Reading this made me imagine what wilt would look like in the game.

Edit at 5/22/22 at 6:52 PM:
Apparently The Datamines has Movesets for Godzilla, including another that i didn't post due to potential image space called "Proton Scream"
View attachment 353173
View attachment 353174
>Raven
To paraphrase a certain bit: Cool...I mean, oops.

Granted, getting at least one of the Titans was a question of when rather than if, so at least she's in the running so far.

Where's Ultra Instinct Shaggy? If Ultra Instinct Shaggy's Not Here I Ain't Gonna Play The Game At All

SARCASM
Jinkies, I don't see Velma on there either. 🤓😜

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Couple Looney Tunes related ideas:

-When Daffy gets in he should have a stance change mechanic where he switches between his three personalities: wacky, greedy and adventurous

-Even if Wile E. doesn’t make the cut, I’d at least like a desert stage based off the Coyote and Road Runner cartoons that has:

1. Each character gets their own scientific title in the beginning of the match like Bugs Bunny (Lepus Smartalecus) or Velma (Opticus Impairedus)
2. The stage has its own ringout animation where if a fighter gets KO’d on the bottom blast line, it shows a view of them falling off the cliff Coyote style

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Couple Looney Tunes related ideas:

-When Daffy gets in he should have a stance change mechanic where he switches between his three personalities: wacky, greedy and adventurous

-Even if Wile E. doesn’t make the cut, I’d at least like a desert stage based off the Coyote and Road Runner cartoons that has:

1. Each character gets their own scientific title in the beginning of the match like Bugs Bunny (Lepus Smartalecus) or Velma (Opticus Impairedus)
2. The stage has its own ringout animation where if a fighter gets KO’d on the bottom blast line, it shows a view of them falling off the cliff Coyote style
Said stage should have Wile's many traps as stage hazards.

If he's a fighter, have them as part of his moveset.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Finn the Human
(Adventurus Righteus)

Jake the Dog
(Elasticus Loaferus)

Superman
(Krypotnius Boyscouticus)

Garnet
(Doubleus Deckerus)

Shaggy
(Gourmandus Nambypambyus)

Tom
(Felineus Doofus)

Jerry
(Rodentus Rapscallious)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
For those interested in datamine, this reddit post have everything we know.

Personally was hoping more for Beast boy than Raven but I'll take her. Pretty hype that the Witch from Wizard of Oz is mentionned! Hopefully she's indeed coming. Also I hope that Mad Max and Fred Flinstones are not cut or something because I really wanted them. Also I hope we get more classic Cartoon Network characters because I don't really care about Steven Universe and Craig Williams, but I can understand that they would want more modern characters too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given how stingy as **** Toho can be. It wouldn't surprise me if Godzilla is eventually cut from the game. Hell I'm actually surprised they even allowed this to even happen to begin with.

D

Deleted member

Keep in mind the plan is to have this game update often. This isn't a drop it and its done game. They want it to be kind of live service. So if a character misses base they'll prolly still get in (as long as the game does well)

I don't think our base roster will be too big. 23 sounds right. One of those is probably Raven and one should be Gandalf but who knows what's happening with him.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Finn the Human
(Adventurus Righteus)

Jake the Dog
(Elasticus Loaferus)

Superman
(Krypotnius Boyscouticus)

Garnet
(Doubleus Deckerus)

Shaggy
(Gourmandus Nambypambyus)

Tom
(Felineus Doofus)

Jerry
(Rodentus Rapscallious)
Since some characters were datamined...

Makes me wonder what characters like Godzilla would be named?

D

Deleted member

For those interested in datamine, this reddit post have everything we know.

Personally was hoping more for Beast boy than Raven but I'll take her. Pretty hype that the Witch from Wizard of Oz is mentionned! Hopefully she's indeed coming. Also I hope that Mad Max and Fred Flinstones are not cut or something because I really wanted them. Also I hope we get more classic Cartoon Network characters because I don't really care about Steven Universe and Craig Williams, but I can understand that they would want more modern characters too.
Titans stage? That's new. Do we know what it is? I assume the tower. We still dint know if this is teen titans go or not

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Given how stingy as **** Toho can be. It wouldn't surprise me if Godzilla is eventually cut from the game. Hell I'm actually surprised they even allowed this to even happen to begin with.
Yes, they're very very stingy. Of course.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Keep in mind the plan is to have this game update often. This isn't a drop it and its done game. They want it to be kind of live service. So if a character misses base they'll prolly still get in (as long as the game does well)

I don't think our base roster will be too big. 23 sounds right. One of those is probably Raven and one should be Gandalf but who knows what's happening with him.
This. I'm not too worried about the likes of Johnny Bravo and Fred Flintstone missing out at first, given the ambitious scope of the game.

Yes, they're very very stingy. Of course.

I think the main thing with them is to never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever, do something that wasn't already approved by Toho. Media Blasters found this out the hard way when they tried to include their own extras for a release of one of the Godzilla films.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think the main thing with them is to never, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever, do something that wasn't already approved by Toho. Media Blasters found this out the hard way when they tried to include their own extras for a release of one of the Godzilla films.
Yeah, Toho is infamously strict, but not to the point of being unnegotiable. They can be down for collabs and stuff as long as you don't upset them too much.

Heck, the MonsterVerse in general is just one big franchise of films Toho had to fully agree on (aside from King Kong, iirc).

If they were truly as stingy as Spikster says, we wouldn't even be having this talk because we probably wouldn't be having a MonsterVerse in the first place.

Personally, I think the reveal of Iron Giant gives Godzilla more chances because now we know size isn't an issue. Ultimately, Toho has the final say, but knowing that Godzilla can be giant probably helps.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
While the inclusion of the Iron Giant makes Godzilla a lot more likely than I previously thought (I originally thought he would be a stage), I still wonder how giant characters like Iron Giant and Godzilla are going to work in a platform fighter. All I can think about is how their hitboxes are going to make them combo food or they'll have massive weight/super armor like Giga Bowser. Neither of these options seem really fun to play for or against and seem like a nightmare to balance competitively, so maybe the devs have separate rules for giant characters to make them fair relative to other fighters.

Also since size is confirmed to not matter, maybe that could open the door for other giant fighters like Jaegers and Kaiju from Pacific Rim. Seeing them fight Godzilla would be a nerd dream come true for me

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
While the inclusion of the Iron Giant makes Godzilla a lot more likely than I previously thought (I originally thought he would be a stage), I still wonder how giant characters like Iron Giant and Godzilla are going to work in a platform fighter. All I can think about is how their hitboxes are going to make them combo food or they'll have massive weight/super armor like Giga Bowser. Neither of these options seem really fun to play for or against and seem like a nightmare to balance competitively, so maybe the devs have separate rules for giant characters to make them fair relative to other fighters.

Also since size is confirmed to not matter, maybe that could open the door for other giant fighters like Jaegers and Kaiju from Pacific Rim. Seeing them fight Godzilla would be a nerd dream come true for me
I guess this also means any mech fighter in anime is possible(Simon would've been unique on his own without the mech).

LimeTH

Smash Lord

What assurance is there that the "giant characters" are actually going to be actually giant and not, say, a head or so taller than Garnet or Superman?

Top Bottom