• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I wanna say one more thing about the leak:

While I don't really care about Ted Lasso, I'm really glad Multiversus has some live action reps. This is something I wished NASB had aswell. The sitcoms are a huge part of Nickelodeon and it's kinda sad that they're not included in any way at all outside of the Double Dare stage.

D

Deleted member

I think most of these leaked characters may not be on base. But Ii wouldn't be shocked if we see a couple by the end of the year

the hound, godzilla and deny might finished is kind of surprising tbh

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This roster also seems too much like a fan wishlist, aside from Ted Lasso.

D

Deleted member

Could definitely be them riding the waves of theor first leak. But surely they'd do it earlier? I wouldn't put these characters on the same "pretty much confirmed" their as say, gizmo or rick but I have a feeling (and partly I'm just hoping). Don't think we'll see em at launch though but I don't mind that too much. Depends how soon it's launching

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Based on what I heard in the voiceline leaks, Craig and Wicked Witch are mentioned through some of Garnet's voice clips. I basically did a double-take when I heard her mention them since literally none of the other characters have any reference to them. Though voiceline references might not necessarily equal confirmation, as a V/A can record lines that the devs may need in the future to save on production time and costs, but end up unused anyway.

I actually don't want Ben 10 and the PPGs in the game. Mostly because I believe that if they get in they would be based on their reboot versions and not the originals, especially if Raven is based on her Teen Titans Go incarnation.
You'll be happy to know that based off of Raven's voicelines, it's extremely unlikely that they're going with her TTG incarnation.

It seems like most of the characters are being portrayed as their most popular incarnation, so if Ben and PPG are added, they would most likely be their classic versions, with maybe the reboots as skins.

D

Deleted member

Velma Also has some lines for the witch

If Ted Lasso can happen then we're absolutely getting Tony Soprano at some point,

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Imo this is a amazing roster if this is true. You have a good mix of DC characters, cartoons and Live action. This truly feels like there's something for everyone.

D

Deleted member

With Ted being roumored. A succession character is not out of the question. Greg + Tom tag team here we go

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This roster also seems too much like a fan wishlist, aside from Ted Lasso.
I mean...it's a live service game. All of these newly leaked characters are likely post-launch given the timing, and it makes total sense to have updates include fan favorites. The game has been announced long enough to get a gauge of what people want.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't want Ben 10 and the PPGs in the game. Mostly because I believe that if they get in they would be based on their reboot versions and not the originals, especially if Raven is based on her Teen Titans Go incarnation.
They went with DCAU inspired DC characters and retro Looeny tunes and scooby doo characters over modern versions. If they get in the game I'm willing to bet they'll be classic versions. It's not impossible they go reboot, but I think they know their audience and plus both of the reboots have ended now so it's not like they're the current versions anyway

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If this is all true, then I am beyond thrilled. PPG, Animaniacs, Johnny Bravo, Samurai Jack and Daffy? Get outta here, that's like half my wishlist!

Those of you familiar with me in the NASB threads know I'm not a big fan of stuffing multiple characters into one slot if it doesn't make sense, and the PPG have always been separate characters in fighting game appearances, so I hope the thing about them all being one fighter isn't true. Beyond the girls all having different fighting styles and specific abilities that only one of them can do, since this game has a small emphasis on teaming up characters from the same "universes" for stuff like missions, it'd mean more characters for "The Powerpuff Girls Universe" for team ups if they were all separate. If they really do make them all one unit, that's super disappointing and a waste of some good potential.
I'm hoping the same if we get the Warner siblings, but I'd be game for a Pinky and the Brain duo in that big suit wearing robot of theirs. that'd be hilarious.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind the Warners as a team since I've expected that anyways. We'll see in regards to PPG though.

Yeah, I'm fairly content with this supposed roster for now. Seems like a little something for everyone here.

Wicked Witch in particular was big want for me, so I'm glad she's likely in

Ted Lasso is a really random choice, but I've gotta respect it, lol.

I don't have a lot of major wants for this game, but I'm still holding out for at least Neo and the Miser Bros
On my end, I'm waiting to see if any OK K.O. characters can get in at all.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I also don't know if they would be able to pull off a 3-in-1 fighter. Even Sakurai couldn't.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I also don't know if they would be able to pull off a 3-in-1 fighter. Even Sakurai couldn't.
Considering that they assume you can have a giant in here like in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (at least the size of two Supermans in this case), it does seem like they're being more adventurous than other attempts at platform fighters.

Well, I guess you never know whether something works until you experiment, I guess.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind the Warners as a team since I've expected that anyways. We'll see in regards to PPG though.

On my end, I'm waiting to see if any OK K.O. characters can get in at all.
I wouldn't mind it so much with The Warners even if I'd probably prefer them separate, but I seriously hope they change their mind regarding the PPG. Maybe I'll hint at it in any surveys they send my way.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Considering that they assume you can have a giant in here like in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (at least the size of two Supermans in this case), it does seem like they're being more adventurous than other attempts at platform fighters.

Well, I guess you never know whether something works until you experiment, I guess.
I believe that this was why the Chorus Kids got cut in Smash 4. I believe that if the PPGs and the Warner siblings are in one slot they'll instead be stance characters similar to Pyra/Mythra or the Pokemon Trainer rather than like the Ice Climber.s

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I believe that this was why the Chorus Kids got cut in Smash 4. I believe that if the PPGs and the Warner siblings are in one slot they'll instead be stance characters similar to Pyra/Mythra or the Pokemon Trainer rather than like the Ice Climber.s
I could see Powerpuff being a stance change characters because all 3 of them stick together would be awkward, but I can totally see Animaniacs being 3 characters like Tom and Jerry interacting with the others and causing chaos around.

Your comparaison with Smash make no sense tho. First, this game doesn't have 8 player Smash. And second, this game is on way more powerful console than the Switch.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I wouldn't mind it so much with The Warners even if I'd probably prefer them separate, but I seriously hope they change their mind regarding the PPG. Maybe I'll hint at it in any surveys they send my way.
If you were able to play in this alpha test, then try checking your mail. I got a mail with a survey asking stuff about the game and there's a section near the end where you can pretty much put in anything there.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
all 3 of them stick together would be awkward

This is exactly what I'm worried they're going to do. It's gonna look so stupid when you hit one and then they all go flying.

If they're planning on making it a Pokemon Trainer situation where it's three unique characters in one, then just... give them their own slots?

If you were able to play in this alpha test, then try checking your mail. I got a mail with a survey asking stuff about the game and there's a section near the end where you can pretty much put in anything there.
Will do. I tried doing it yesterday and the site crashed partway through so I never got to finish it. I guess that ended up being a lucky break since now I can give my opinions on the PPG.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
I don't know why Multiversus used memes for Shaggy's kit, when they have plenty to work with like pinwheel legs and chomping.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bare in mind that stuff that sakurai got to work before couldnt work on the 3ds, such as the ice climbers, transformation and five pikmin at once. it's more likely that the chorus kids simply couldnt work rather than sakurai couldnt get them to work

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It is done. I laid out basically every reason why I think the PPG should be separate, pitched which classes they could be and why (Blossom either a Mage or Tank, Bubbles a Support, Buttercup obviously a Bruiser), and even told them that having each girl separate would mean more opportunities for costumes, taunts, dialogues, etc. Y'know, appealing to that money making talk. Win-win for everybody that way.

Honestly the Powerpuff should just be one character that you can pick the one you want since they all basically have the same powers anyway
They have the same basic skillsets yes but they also have powers unique to them (Blossom's ice breath, Bubbles' sonic scream, Buttercup being the physically strongest) and their own fighting styles (Blossom being more technical, Buttercup being more aggressive, Bubbles somewhere in between), hence the idea they could all be different classes.

I don't know why Multiversus used memes for Shaggy's kit, when they have plenty to work with like pinwheel legs and chomping.
Damn it, this was something I had in the back of my head to mention too and forgot! Shaggy only has one, maybe two moves that actually feel like something Shaggy would do and it doesn't feel like your actually playing as the character rather than some generic kung fu guy.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We're a whole (if not 2) console gen on and on more powerful hardware with a different artsyle and gameplay. Just because those things didn't work then doesn't mean they can't work now. I'd still prefer the PPG to be different fighters though
that was kind of the point, we shouldn’t expect limitations of an old console to be present of this one

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
My theory for PPG is that they will be this game's Pokemon Trainer

• You pick one to start, the other two stand in the background
  • You can freely switch around them whenever you want. Hopefully no stupid stamina mechanics
  • Each one has a different role and a few different specials (Blossom is Mage, Buttercup is bruiser and Bubbles is....tank? assassin? support? eh support sounds like a bubbles thing lol
  • Maybe they can have a meter where once full they can actually all attack at once for a few seconds

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Because people asked for the meme version to be playable in Mortal Kombat for years now, so they finally found a context where they can have meme Shaggy playable without needing to be in a non-family-friendly context.

Shaggy being the way he is is probably why Velma was added. So they could do a proper Scooby Doo character
It'll be hilarious in the event that they eventually get around to Daphne. She's been kicking butt on and off for years now, so it'd be a natural fit.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
that was kind of the point, we should expect limitations of an old console to be present of this one
This literally makes no sense. Why would the limitations of Smash 4 on the 3DS, an eight year old game on an eleven year old console that was underpowered when it came out, be a factor at all for a brand new game that's releasing on modern hardware?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I figure a good way to make the PPG separate characters would be to split up the powers a little bit, but in a way that still more or less makes sense.

Blossom: Mage. Along with her specialty ice breath, she could be the one to use a few of the things that all three can do such as the laser eyes, forming tornadoes, etc, as well as stuff that fits her more technical character, like fancy flying maneuvers or a counter. Also apparently her bow has a bomb built into it in one episode, so that'd give her a gadget to use.
Bubbles: Support. She'd still have punching. flying and her specialty sonic screams, but also she could provide buffs/debuffs, status effects, and summon Bullet the Squirrel as an assist, in reference to her being able to talk to animals.
Buttercup: Bruiser. Since she has no real unique abilities besides being the best in terms of super strength, she'd be based almost exclusively around bare knuckle brawling, maybe a command grab or something so she's not too basic.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This literally makes no sense. Why would the limitations of Smash 4 on the 3DS, an eight year old game on an eleven year old console that was underpowered when it came out, be a factor at all for a brand new game that's releasing on modern hardware?
If Sakurai, a game developer with 30+ years of experience, couldn't get a 3-in-1 fighter to work I don't know if anyone else could. So I believe that the Warner siblings and the PPGs would be separated into their own roster slots. PTE did this with the latter.

Top Bottom