• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still hope that, since season 4 is gonna be over the christmas season, we get more than the usual two characters in it.
If anything I feel like it would result in fewer characters if anything, not more. Like...the development staff would probably be taking time off, not working unneeded overtime.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If anything I feel like it would result in fewer characters if anything, not more. Like...the development staff would probably be taking time off, not working unneeded overtime.
But over Christmas people get presents!

I know you're right. I'm just trying to put the idea out into the universe.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Probably not before Pearl, Amethyst or Lapis, definitely, unless someone on the dev team really likes her. Kinda crazy the maybe-kinda-sorta hints in that image isn't even the first time I've heard the possibility though.
I could see them adding one of the Diamonds, because they're one of the few options for giant-sized characters. You have Godzilla and Kong, and then the well starts to go dry.

That being said I'm not sure if Blue Diamond would be the choice. She's kind of the least important of the four. Yellow was the first we properly met (and the main antagonist for the longest), Pink's legacy is the crux of the entire show, and White is The Big Bad.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I could see them adding one of the Diamonds, because they're one of the few options for giant-sized characters. You have Godzilla and Kong, and then the well starts to go dry.

That being said I'm not sure if Blue Diamond would be the choice. She's kind of the least important of the four. Yellow was the first we properly met (and the main antagonist for the longest), Pink's legacy is the crux of the entire show, and White is The Big Bad.
i think that's a bit unfair. blue and yellow are treated pretty equally after they're both introduced properly

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean. We don’t need a lot of giant characters. It’s not like it’s a character class. So far we still only have the one anyway.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Maybe it was just meant to be a more recap Rift focused around Batman and that it might've been too goofy to go from Batman recruiting the Powerpuff Girls to suddenly a Birthday party? We'll see when the next Rift comes around.
To goofy? In Super Looney Lebron Bros. Versus?

If anything I think it'd make more sense if you had the PPG and some other characters trying to throw a party for a reluctant Batman.

This is the exact kind of scenario a game like this is built for. The idea alone sounds better than the current "story" and dialogue we've gotten so far.

I think it's a lot more likely that this event was just never meant to have much to it to begin with. It's a little celebration of a milestone for Batman while doubling as a stopgap.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I protest that. Blue has a pretty hefty role in the story.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, BUT

And it seems Yakko is the train conductor of water tower stage
So it turns out if you get a close enough look at the train in the actual stage, that exact Yakko silhouette is in the conductor's window. So maybe that might not actually be a tease at Yakko or the Warners in general happening.

It's still more of a when than an if. They're not gonna have two Animaniacs stages but no character.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I finally got the two free gleamium and unlocked the battle pass, finally gonna start focusing more on Multiversus and replace my time with fortnite for Astro & Funko.

Hopefully i make this work for myself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry for the double post, BUT

So it turns out if you get a close enough look at the train in the actual stage, that exact Yakko silhouette is in the conductor's window. So maybe that might not actually be a tease at Yakko or the Warners in general happening.

It's still more of a when than an if. They're not gonna have two Animaniacs stages but no character.
Honestly I'm surprised more people didn't talk about the train cameo.

It's not even the only character cameo on the stage. On one of the sound stage roofs, there's a very explicit Goodfeathers reference too that not even the wiki takes note of, being the nest with blue, gray, and purple feathers beside it.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm surprised more people didn't talk about the train cameo.

It's not even the only character cameo on the stage. On one of the sound stage roofs, there's a very explicit Goodfeathers reference too that not even the wiki takes note of, being the nest with blue, gray, and purple feathers beside it.
Theyre kinda hard to make out. I only noticed the train cameo because the winner of the FFA got knocked out into the upper right corner as the game ended, which zoomed in enough on the background to see Yakko in the train.

Faso115

Smash Lord
There's no freecam mode yet so those little secrets are hard to notice. Like Townsville has a cockroach in it referencing the cockroach villain

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There's no freecam mode yet so those little secrets are hard to notice. Like Townsville has a cockroach in it referencing the cockroach villain
Has anyone but me noticed amethyst hiding inside the Sky Arena platform? She’s lounging with her back turned to the camera and behind a Pilar. But her whip is on one side of it and occasionally you can see her grab donuts from the other side.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The Snail is hidden in Treehouse too, I’m not sure but I think he might be in a different spot every time or on every version of the map, but if not, last time I remember seeing him was close to the blast zone.

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice

You can also had Aku

Faso115

Smash Lord
The Nubia trailer might be dropping between Wednesday and Friday, gameplay showcase on monday as usual.

The big question is if she's going to be early access nonsense like Beetlejuice

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Random sidenote that just occurred to me, but, isn't PPG the first character in MVS to have absolutely nothing in their moveset that interacts with their teammate in 2v2s?

The big question is if she's going to be early access nonsense like Beetlejuice
I don't see why they wouldn't do that (despite how obnoxious that is.) A lot of the more devoted MVS players have all the characters unlocked and tons of spare fighter currency, so this is the only way they can monetize new characters to them. Most of the money in F2P games comes from the most devoted players, after all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Random sidenote that just occurred to me, but, isn't PPG the first character in MVS to have absolutely nothing in their moveset that interacts with their teammate in 2v2s?

I don't see why they wouldn't do that (despite how obnoxious that is.) A lot of the more devoted MVS players have all the characters unlocked and tons of spare fighter currency, so this is the only way they can monetize new characters to them. Most of the money in F2P games comes from the most devoted players, after all.
I mean I’m just gonna wait till I can spend FC on her. No way I’m spending real world money on Nubia.

I just really hope we don't get any Diamonds as fighters. They're perfect NPC ish characters for bosses or further mode expansions. SU is filled with too many requested characters that Diamonds will be unnecessary. Considering the devs and community's wishy washy treatment of SU. We'll be lucky enough to get three-four more SU chars at all for the game's lifespan tbh. Please don't put one of those chances on a Diamond PLEASE.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So which remaining crystal gem would you pick? I talking the main 3 (four i guess if you count Steven)

Are you a pearl or amethyst kind of person?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So which remaining crystal gem would you pick? I talking the main 3 (four i guess if you count Steven)

I prefer Pearl as a character, but I'd probably have to choose Amythyst. We already have two spear fighters (coincidentally the two most controversial additions to the roster), and plenty of swordfighters. Meanwhile we really don't have a whip/flail fighter (Wonder Woman uses hers for one attack), giving her more of a niche.

I'd prefer Spinel, Peridot, or Bismuth before either of them though.

Faso115

Smash Lord
If Ruby Rose isn't happening, Spinel would go hard as the first scythe user

Pearl and Amethyst are the best choices for future SU chars. Their movesets would be interesting and would still add an appropriate amount of variety so they aren't just obligatory.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I haven’t watched SU, but Spinel would have a pretty cool moveset and animations, from what I’ve seen.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I mean. We don’t need a lot of giant characters. It’s not like it’s a character class. So far we still only have the one anyway.
I wouldn't mind "Giant Character Class" to be more of a thing. I could only imagine what other platform fighters could do with it. What would games like Smash, Rivals or Nick All-Stars do with it?

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I’m in agreement that we already got two spear users so Pearl is probably redundant for now. So my vote is for Amethyst.

That said, I really want Lapis or Peridot. I don’t think the lack or Amethyst and Pearl should block them from coming seeing they’re practically of equal prominence in the show.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Normally I don't mention when new emotes drop, but I have to mention this new Marvin emote that dropped. It's Legendary (meaning pricey) and in it, Marvin plays his horn.

The thing that makes it Legendary is that it's interactive. Pressing the buttons makes Marvin play music, with each button and direction counting as a note.

Now I want to see future Smash and NASB titles have at least one interactive emote, whether it be for a new or returning character.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Normally I don't mention when new emotes drop, but I have to mention this new Marvin emote that dropped. It's Legendary (meaning pricey) and in it, Marvin plays his horn.

The thing that makes it Legendary is that it's interactive. Pressing the buttons makes Marvin play music, with each button and direction counting as a note.

Now I want to see future Smash and NASB titles have at least one interactive emote, whether it be for a new or returning character.
they're taunts. Not emotes. Emotes are things that happen in other kinds of games. This is a fighting game. They're called taunts.

I’m in agreement that we already got two spear users so Pearl is probably redundant for now. So my vote is for Amethyst.

That said, I really want Lapis or Peridot. I don’t think the lack or Amethyst and Pearl should block them from coming seeing they’re practically of equal prominence in the show.
That take really isn't true. Pearl and Amethyst are MUCH more prominent than Lapis and Peridot. The latter two got shafted a lot by SU to the point the barn became infamous among the fandom as just a hated excuse to write off Peridot and Lapis as characters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
they're taunts. Not emotes. Emotes are things that happen in other kinds of games. This is a fighting game. They're called taunts.
The game itself literally defines Taunt as the general command, and specifically Emote as the animation that plays. The use of the word Emote is used in an official capacity more often and, in this case, is the more correct one going by the game itself.

This is the same game that ripped MOBA terminology for its class system names. Linguistic prescriptivism doesn't apply here.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So i got a quest that requires me to hit neutral specials with a detective so i was forced to buy Velma. So im just missing 4 characters (both gremlins characters, Rick and Steven)

I hope the upcoming galaxy event has any of them so i can just complete my roster without forking shards (saving those for Nubia)

Top Bottom