• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Ivander

Smash Legend
So i got a quest that requires me to hit neutral specials with a detective so i was forced to buy Velma. So im just missing 4 characters (both gremlins characters, Rick and Steven)
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you could've used the Season 1 Omni Rift that forces you to play 1 of 3 characters for each of it's Rifts and Velma is choosable on one of the Rifts, I think it was the Stripe boss Rift.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So i got a quest that requires me to hit neutral specials with a detective so i was forced to buy Velma. So im just missing 4 characters (both gremlins characters, Rick and Steven)

I hope the upcoming galaxy event has any of them so i can just complete my roster without forking shards (saving those for Nubia)
Shaggy and Batman count as detectives though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Shaggy and Batman count as detectives though.
The issue is that Shaggy's ground neutral special is his Charge and Batman's is his bat bomb which supposedly doesn't count towards it similar to Shaggy's ground down special where his sandwich doesn't count for the mission. Meaning that Velma, with her projectile spam, is the only one really capable of doing the ground neutral special, aside from Tom & Jerry with their detective outfits or Joker's Batman who Laughs outfit.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The issue is that Shaggy's ground neutral special is his Charge and Batman's is his bat bomb which supposedly doesn't count towards it similar to Shaggy's ground down special where his sandwich doesn't count for the mission. Meaning that Velma, with her projectile spam, is the only one really capable of doing the ground neutral special, aside from Tom & Jerry with their detective outfits or Joker's Batman who Laughs outfit.
There’s also The Unmentionables Bugs if you have that from the previous battlepass. Even if the safe doesn’t count, the melee attack he does if it’s on cooldown probably does.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Nubia is the next Into the Verse spotlight on Monday at 10 am PT.

Her gameplay trailer will also be shown here.

Edit: Other than Nubia, here are some other topics that will be included:
Combat changes/overhaul
New modes
New stage… oh wait, stages
Hitbox/Hitreact updates

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Betty Boop could easily be this game’s Peach and I kinda want that.
Nubia is the next Into the Verse spotlight on Monday at 10 am PT.

Her gameplay trailer will also be shown here.

Edit: Other than Nubia, here are some other topics that will be included:
Combat changes/overhaul
New modes
New stage… oh wait, stages
Hitbox/Hitreact updates
Combat changes? Probably not as significant as I would like but let’s see what they got.

New modes? Maybe they’ll finally bring back Arcade Mode. Maybe they’ll finally introduce the game’s main antagonist for it’s final boss.
Kinda prefer Grim first but i don't mind
Idk I feel like we’re getting dangerously close the ideal number of Cartoon Network franchises the game should have. This is a Warner Bros game remember, not a Cartoon Network game. We don’t want it to have too many characters.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Lord
Idk I feel like we’re getting dangerously close the ideal number of Cartoon Network franchises the game should have. This is a Warner Bros game remember, not a Cartoon Network game. We don’t want it to have too many characters.

Pretty sure majority of people here don't care nearly as much.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
New modes? Maybe they’ll finally bring back Arcade Mode. Maybe they’ll finally introduce the game’s main antagonist for it’s final boss.
the fact that this is meant to be a forever game makes me think that just won't ever happen, especially with how rifts have been lately

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Pretty sure majority of people here don't care nearly as much.
Fine. You can have different desires and wants for this game. But I’m still gonna speak my mind about what I want from it too.
the fact that this is meant to be a forever game makes me think that just won't ever happen, especially with how rifts have been lately
I mean, having the game’s main antagonist in the game, coded and ready, means they can start using him whenever they want and for whatever they want. They can give him a greater presence in the rifts and they can start actually telling a story, even if it’s an ongoing one with no end in sight. Just because they want it to be a forever game doesn’t mean we can’t have a main villain.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Why do people in here keep saying this? What, after Marceline, they're only allowed to put in live action characters from that point on?

Cartoon Network is not some single monolith shared universe, it's a tv channel with several completely separate IP airing on it.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I mean, having the game’s main antagonist in the game, coded and ready, means they can start using him whenever they want and for whatever they want. They can give him a greater presence in the rifts and they can start actually telling a story, even if it’s an ongoing one with no end in sight. Just because they want it to be a forever game doesn’t mean we can’t have a main villain.
If the nothing stuff is true I think it's far more likey there's just a vague dark force and not any kind of actual villain. I think they're gonna want to stretch rifts out as long as possible .

New mode is probably the mini game stuff they've already talked about

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do people in here keep saying this? What, after Marceline, they're only allowed to put in live action characters from that point on?

Cartoon Network is not some single monolith shared universe, it's a tv channel with several completely separate IP.
No. WB has other animated ips that didn’t come from Cartoon Network. They own an tonne of classic animation besides Looney Tunes and they’ve barely done anything from Hanna Barbera. Plus a smattering of other random old Saturday morning cartoons like Thundercats and Captain Planet. And I’m not saying we can’t have any more CN characters at all. But if they do too many it will start feeling like a Cartoon Network game and not a Warner bros game. And I think it’s important to maintain that balance.
If the nothing stuff is true I think it's far more likey there's just a vague dark force and not any kind of actual villain. I think they're gonna want to stretch rifts out as long as possible .

New mode is probably the mini game stuff they've already talked about
Well there is a main villain in the comic called Devoid. So that might have something to do with it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Like i always say, would be cool to get a videogame character at some point. Only one that comes to mind is Mortal Kombat, but imagine getting Maxwell from Scribblenauts too. Hmmm...i think this game would severely limit Maxwell tho...

darkvortex

Smash Champion
No. WB has other animated ips that didn’t come from Cartoon Network. They own an tonne of classic animation besides Looney Tunes and they’ve barely done anything from Hanna Barbera. Plus a smattering of other random old Saturday morning cartoons like Thundercats and Captain Planet. And I’m not saying we can’t have any more CN characters at all. But if they do too many it will start feeling like a Cartoon Network game and not a Warner bros game. And I think it’s important to maintain that balance.

Well there is a main villain in the comic called Devoid. So that might have something to do with it.
I do get where you're coming from but the issue is they're currently trying to do the most popular picks, and CN characters tend to top the fan polls

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Like i always say, would be cool to get a videogame character at some point. Only one that comes to mind is Mortal Kombat, but imagine getting Maxwell from Scribblenauts too. Hmmm...i think this game would severely limit Maxwell tho...
Most characters have signature perks that change one of their special moves - think of them like Smash 4 customs. My idea for Maxwell is for him to be like Palutena - each perk gives him an entirely different set of specials. Maybe he has a "neutral special" perk, a "side special" perk, etc. to allow you to mix and match, or all four come as a block.

Obviously this would be a lot of effort for one fighter, but I can't think of a better way to let players be creative - and that's the crux of Scribblenauts, is it not?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Most characters have signature perks that change one of their special moves - think of them like Smash 4 customs. My idea for Maxwell is for him to be like Palutena - each perk gives him an entirely different set of specials. Maybe he has a "neutral special" perk, a "side special" perk, etc. to allow you to mix and match, or all four come as a block.

Obviously this would be a lot of effort for one fighter, but I can't think of a better way to let players be creative - and that's the crux of Scribblenauts, is it not?
They could do it like this

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I really don’t think it’s gotten anywhere near as bad yet. Like there were people saying this when it was just Finn, Jake, Steven and Garnet.
We only JUST got Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls and after that there’s only one more CN character that we know of in the leaks. After that all we know is movie characters and two non-CN animated characters. We don’t even know if Dexter is happening anytime soon despite numerous hints.

It’s fine, it’s gonna be fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I really don’t think it’s gotten anywhere near as bad yet. Like there were people saying this when it was just Finn, Jake, Steven and Garnet.
We only JUST got Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls and after that there’s only one more CN character that we know of in the leaks. After that all we know is movie characters and two non-CN animated characters. We don’t even know if Dexter is happening anytime soon despite numerous hints.

It’s fine, it’s gonna be fine.
It’s just what was said before. People predominantly request CN characters and I wish that they didn’t. I wish that they opened themselves up to the wider possibilities instead of just treating it as Cartoon Network and Friends.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It’s just what was said before. People predominantly request CN characters and I wish that they didn’t. I wish that they opened themselves up to the wider possibilities instead of just treating it as Cartoon Network and Friends.
that's a rather narrow minded view. they may very well have opened themselves up to any of the possibilities of this game and still ended up with the same most wants

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I hope the upcoming galaxy event has any of them so i can just complete my roster without forking shards (saving those for Nubia)
I'm a bit late on this, but alternate costumes count as well. I had a Bugs Bunny private eye costume (I think it was a previous rift), and it counted for this.

(it's weird that Batman's neutral special doesn't count)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. One CN related idea I like is including content based on the old CN MMO Fusionfall. Not like a character or anything. A stage would be neat, but i'm mostly thinking about a rift based on the game with Fusion Infected stage variants, a Fusion Doppleganger skin set, and the main villain (Lord Fuse) as the rift's boss.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Those aren't mutually exclusive though.

People can ask for who they want and still be open to other choices getting in.

You can't really expect them to request characters that they're unfamiliar with or may not even know the existence of.

Faso115

Smash Lord
She struck me more as a bruiser but i don't mind an assassin WW. That and BG is a bruiser spear user, so props for variety.

Huh now that i think about it, people that use similar weapons are in different roles. Finn is assassin, WW is tank and Jack is bruiser. Only Arya breaks the mold if you count needle as a sword (strikes me more as a dagger if you ask me

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 395110

This is what, our 3rd Assassin character in a row?
Was Marvin the last Assassin before Beetlejuice, before the class changes for Marvin, Morty and Taz? Because it feels like they are trying to make Assassins catch up in characters or something and before Beetlejuice, there were only 5 Assassins(Arya, Finn, Harley, Marvin and Stripe) at launch.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can see where Snake is coming from. Don’t get me wrong I’ve got quite a few CN original characters on my wishlist and I don’t think they’re near eclipsing the rest of the cast or future newcomers yet, though the fact that this game has opened the doors to WB’s greater library of IPs that span across multiple mediums and genres with all sorts of creative ideas and beloved characters that could be added, I think it’d be pretty disappointing if this game basically turned into Punch-Time Explosion 2. I wouldn’t even be bothered by with most of the popular requests being CN originals if I didn’t see quite a few of the fanbase being so vocally opposed to representation outside that window.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I can see where Snake is coming from. Don’t get me wrong I’ve got quite a few CN original characters on my wishlist and I don’t think they’re near eclipsing the rest of the cast or future newcomers yet, though the fact that this game has opened the doors to WB’s greater library of IPs that span across multiple mediums and genres with all sorts of creative ideas and beloved characters that could be added, I think it’d be pretty disappointing if this game basically turned into Punch-Time Explosion 2. I wouldn’t even be bothered by with most of the popular requests being CN originals if I didn’t see quite a few of the fanbase being so vocally opposed to representation outside that window.
I do think there's an argument here, I think some fans can be hostile to picks outside of their wheelhouse (see: beetlejucie being labelled an obscure pick) but also that gonna be an issue with any crossover based roster (and some non crossover ones), especially with such a wide scope for possible additions

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also, here is the WB Lot theme as provided by the Multiversus Youtube channel:

Note that Watertower Music (Warner Bros music label) published this song during the Open Beta.

Oh I actually agree that this game shouldn't be Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion 2 where they're adding any ****ing random CN pick. I'll be very annoyed if needless inclusions like Deedee happened. But the big and highly requested CN characters deserve to happen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, the only CN characters I still want are Dexter and Ben 10.

Like yeah, Mordecai & Rigby, Grim, Numbuh One, KO, Johnny Bravo, Generator Rex, The Edds, they’ed all be cool. But I’d rather keep a limit on the CN stuff so they don’t overcrowd the roster.

Maybe I’m weird for treating Cartoon Network (and Hanna Barbera but like none of those characters get heavily requested) like one franchise but I kind of do. I have my entire life ever since I was a kid and first started watching it.

Regular Show and Gumball are must haves. Especially when unlike the "niche childhood show" tier requests, they're still getting active worthwhile content. Excluding them would be inexcusable especially when MVS is running on a "forever service" model.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Honestly, getting 3 assassins in a row makes me think that we might be getting a lot more tanks in coming season

In fact, wasn't Marceline leaked alongside her vampire model? I wonder if the size of that will make Marcy a tank. Given that steven bucks the trend of tanks having to be massive guys, maybe she'll be one...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, getting 3 assassins in a row makes me think that we might be getting a lot more tanks in coming season

In fact, wasn't Marceline leaked alongside her vampire model? I wonder if the size of that will make Marcy a tank. Given that steven bucks the trend of tanks having to be massive guys, maybe she'll be one...
I mean, in fairness the precedent with Steven being a tank is that he has a shield, much like Wonder Woman. So it's so far, Big Guy or Shield. Out of the reliably leaked characters, the only ones I could potentially see being Tanks are Marceline's bat form and Aquaman, but honestly I just think Tanks will have fewer characters in general just due to fewer popular options.

Like, there ARE quite a few WB owned Tank options, but they just tend to be a bit lower on the popularity ranking. But ones like Foghorn Leghorn, Gossamer, Cyborg, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Bane, Gorilla Grodd, Swamp Thing, Fred Flintstone, Yogi Bear, Jabberjaw, Audrey II, Tin Man, Spike, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Wilt, or even Dexter if he's using his mech could all work.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not sure if I ever posted my most wanted fighters here.
  • Audrey II
  • Austin Powers
  • Brock Sampson
  • Buddy the Elf
  • David Powers
  • **** Dastardly (also Muttley)
  • Dio Brando
  • Dot Warner (or the Warners as a whole)
  • Droopy Dog
  • Fred Flintstone
  • Freddy Krueger
  • Harry Callahan
  • Ice Bear
  • Johnny Cage
  • Jotaro Kujo
  • King Kong
  • Lion-O
  • The Mask
  • Medusa (Clash of the Titans)
  • Nicole Watterson
  • Phoebe Buffay
  • Popeye
  • Quick Draw McGraw
  • Robin Hood
  • Rosie the Robot
  • Scorpion
  • Shaft
  • Snow Miser
  • Space Ghost
  • Speed Buggy
  • Static
  • Steve Urkel
  • Sub-Zero
  • Top Cat
  • Yogi Bear

I mean, in fairness the precedent with Steven being a tank is that he has a shield, much like Wonder Woman. So it's so far, Big Guy or Shield. Out of the reliably leaked characters, the only ones I could potentially see being Tanks are Marceline's bat form and Aquaman, but honestly I just think Tanks will have fewer characters in general just due to fewer popular options.

Like, there ARE quite a few WB owned Tank options, but they just tend to be a bit lower on the popularity ranking. But ones like Foghorn Leghorn, Gossamer, Cyborg, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Bane, Gorilla Grodd, Swamp Thing, Fred Flintstone, Yogi Bear, Jabberjaw, Audrey II, Tin Man, Spike, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Wilt, or even Dexter if he's using his mech could all work.
I could also see Brock Sampson and Rosie the Robot as Tanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom