• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I haven’t actually watched the PPG show but I’m still super excited to see their trailer tomorrow!

In general, I’m personally much less fussed with “who” a character is as long as I like their design, personality, and moveset in MVS itself. (I also think it’s a lot easier for me to ”click” with a lot of characters’ movesets in MVS than in Smash.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I’m here, I want to ask:

How would everyone feel if two of our future characters were Marceline the Vampire Queen and Freddy Krueger?

Asking because there’s speculation regarding them based on yesterday’s trailer.

For the former, the red in Multiversus is drained out when they ask “What is Multiversus”, a similar trait to how Marceline eats red.

For the latter, there’s a scene of someone sitting in a doorframe and the text “end the nightmare” pops up. The font, although not the exact same, resembles the font from the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Also, in some posts of AJAX’s telling fans that “some riddles are right in front of you”, he uses a detective man emoji (🕵️‍♂️) followed by the Male symbol (♂). While I think these are more referencing Batman since Batman day is coming up so we could get an event for that, I’ve seen speculation towards Freddy. Finally, Sept 13 is Freddy Krueger day (the trailer’s tomorrow) and AJAX has been mentioning sleep a lot recently (though I think this is over speculation and means nothing).
Well, we know the former is in the works and is coming eventually. I'd prefer getting the Wicked Witch and Aquaman first just because they appeal to me immensely more, but since we know she's coming I'm fine with her.

The latter? Fully supportive. He's an icon of his genre and would give us both another Assassin and an incredibly fun moveset. I absolutely think he'll get in eventually.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Im learning towards Marceline because her data is already there. Freddy? Hell yeah, but has nothing to show so far. BUT, there are 4 slots that we have no clue who they are

And here is when i remember: What the hell happened to all those Pennywise hints we got a while back

Ivander

Smash Legend
Absolutely. I saw people on twitter just today calling Agent Smith and Beetlejuice(!!!) literally who picks.

****ing Beetlejuice! A literally who pick! Don't tweet during math class, buddy!
You can argue Beetlejuice is a boomer pick but personally i dont mind those.
If Beetlejuice is a "literal who" boomer pick, I'd be called a fossil for some of the characters I want in Multiversus.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
While I’m here, I want to ask:

How would everyone feel if two of our future characters were Marceline the Vampire Queen and Freddy Krueger?

Asking because there’s speculation regarding them based on yesterday’s trailer.

For the former, the red in Multiversus is drained out when they ask “What is Multiversus”, a similar trait to how Marceline eats red.

For the latter, there’s a scene of someone sitting in a doorframe and the text “end the nightmare” pops up. The font, although not the exact same, resembles the font from the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie. Also, in some posts of AJAX’s telling fans that “some riddles are right in front of you”, he uses a detective man emoji (🕵️‍♂️) followed by the Male symbol (♂). While I think these are more referencing Batman since Batman day is coming up so we could get an event for that, I’ve seen speculation towards Freddy. Finally, Sept 13 is Freddy Krueger day (the trailer’s tomorrow) and AJAX has been mentioning sleep a lot recently (though I think this is over speculation and means nothing).
I definitely caught the Marceline and Raven hints. We already know they're coming anyway, but I'd be happy to see them (though it kind of depends on what design they pick for Raven. If it's a composite design to match the other DC characters, fine, if it's the TTGo version, ehhhhhhhhh....)

Knew as soon as Jason showed up that Freddy couldn't be too far behind. No way they pass that opportunity up. He's probably in one of the mystery slots along with Dexter.

Sorry for bringing that poll back up, but despite being born after 9/11 myself, some of the results (especially for the cartoon characters) just didn't sit right with me. Neither did the amount of guest characters, truth be told.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sorry for bringing that poll back up, but despite being born after 9/11 myself, some of the results (especially for the cartoon characters) just didn't sit right with me. Neither did the amount of guest characters, truth be told.
I really hope the fact that AJAX is aware of this doesn't mean the devs are going to take the results to heart.

For what it's worth, nothing against the person who put the poll together, of course. They just got some crappy results.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Something that people haven't considered is the VA theory. You know how if possible they like to have one VA record for multiple characters? We've seen that with Daniel Ross and Phil Lamarr

Well i just remembered the Rowdyruff Boys and two of them are voiced by Rob Paulsen. He also voice Yakko, so could that mean we are a bit closer to the animaniacs?

...not really, but one can hope

Something that people haven't considered is the VA theory. You know how if possible they like to have one VA record for multiple characters? We've seen that with Daniel Ross and Phil Lamarr

Well i just remembered the Rowdyruff Boys and two of them are voiced by Rob Paulsen. He also voice Yakko, so could that mean we are a bit closer to the animaniacs?

...not really, but one can hope
You do have a point. Eric Bauza voices Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian, while Daniel Ross plays both Gizmo and Stripe. And yes, I know the latter pair is technically the same character, but hear me out here.

In fact, looking over the VA cast, this theory could prove fruitful for those who want Fuzzy Lumpkins, since Jim Cummings is the voice of Taz.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
You do have a point. Eric Bauza voices Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian, while Daniel Ross plays both Gizmo and Stripe. And yes, I know the latter pair is technically the same character, but hear me out here.

In fact, looking over the VA cast, this theory could prove fruitful for those who want Fuzzy Lumpkins, since Jim Cummings is the voice of Taz.
Uhh gizmo and stripe are not the same character

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The sheer amount of Looney Tunes characters with a lower Want percent than Big Chungus has convinced me that the biggest problem the Multiversus fanbase has comes from people whose birth years start with a 2. To say nothing about the Hanna-Barbera results because oh my god.

Okay Jesus I just finished reading through all of it and if anyone on the dev team is reading this for some reason, please never add non-WB related characters to Multiversus because the people who voted on this poll are crazy. ☠
I just re-read the poll and

Murder Drones? Hazbin Hotel? Annoying Orange? Please just... shut it down now

I suffer from complete internet brainrot but these people are off the deep end of "too much internet time"

It reads to me like they just made a massive wishlist and want people to gratify them by agreeing with it

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If a movie is famous, timeless, and influential enough, and honestly, just good as a story and film, I'd hardly call characters from it a "boomer pick". Plenty of older films and characters from them are still immensely popular several decades after their original premiere, and well into the present, at that.

Like, at this point, how many people who were kids at the time that the Wizard of Oz was still new are playing Multiversus? You don't exactly have to be a senior citizen in the 2020s to have had a remote chance of watching the Wizard of Oz at some point in your life and wanting the Wicked Witch to be in the game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As someone who just hosted a big poll, I feel like giving no scores is a terrible way to run a poll like that. Is the no due to apathy? Hatred? Fear of not getting what you want? It muddies the waters.

Regardless, I don't fault younger folks for preferring things they grew up with. We all love media from the decades of our childhood.

I do get very frustrated when they refuse to give anything else a shot. It's not just the old things. They also seem to dislike the new things.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm so glad that it seems like PFG's making smart choices. Nubia being in a 3 character season is all I wanted from her regarding her inclusion. Her, Raven and PPG will go hard and it'll help make other seasons more interesting imo.
My biggest fear is that people might start to hate Raven if she's announced alongside Nubia because that will make too much DC characters.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
if teen titans go couldn’t get people to hate her then nothing will
No, there will most likely be a considerable backlash if it’s the TTGo version. Raven is very popular online, but Go is not.

Kids and people who aren’t terminally online are gonna love it though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, there will most likely be a considerable backlash if it’s the TTGo version. Raven is very popular online, but Go is not.

Kids and people who aren’t terminally online are gonna love it though.
no I was saying that if something as hated as Go couldn’t turn her fans against her then being yet another DC character in this game won’t do it

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So they're 3 in 1, much more interesting than a stance change mechanics imo. Also, what is the phone that they showing in the season splash art?
The phone is the PPGs' hotline from the show, basically their equivalent to the Bat Signal.

I find it a bit strange that people didn't like the idea of the Powerpuff Girls as a trio - the way they fight in the show is by flying above one another as a single adult-sized unit and then splitting up one by one, I don't really get how or why you'd implement them any other way.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Huh...so if i understand, all three are always on stage but you can swap around them using specials? That's neat, too bad that means all 3 are basically the same weight and you can't some PKMN trainer stuff where you can use the heavier character to try and survive longer

Assassin i wasn't expecting tho. Guess their reasoning for only going to unscrupulous or villainous characters are no longer a core thing? Then again, the girls tend to be pretty reckless and destructive some times

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sorry villains, there's some heroes in town:

Edit: The Girls will be this season's Battle Pass character. Nubia will be the mid-season character.
Oh.

They DO look cool, I’ll admit, but maaaaan I didn’t want them to be a single unit after every other fighting game appearance had them separate and highlighted them as individuals.

I’ll get over it, I’m just glad they’re here at all! It’s the Powerpuff Girls!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 394220

The way the art is presented makes it seem like the PPG phone is a character and now i'm convinced its our third character

Probably a better pick than Banana Guard /s
Unironically they probably just put phone.png there to fill the empty space. Season Two had people speculating a third character based on the empty space left over and this was probably done to quash that lmao.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not how I imagine they'd fight but I like how PPG fight as a team - definitely more well executed in practice than I'd predict. It'd be cool if they could fight individually but I get why it'd be hard to do with three characters - plus there are some neat moves they pull together.

Assassin makes sense for them in hindsight, they are all about speed.

EDIT: Also, they look a bit off but I guess it's not easy to translate the show's style into 3D.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For reference, here's an updated list of the internal character order now that the Powerpuff Girls and Nubia are officially confirmed. Characters yet to be added are bolded.

C001 - Wonder Woman
C002 - Shaggy
C003 - Superman
C004 - Batman
C005 - Jake
C006 - Arya
C007 - Bugs Bunny
C008 - Harley Quinn
C009 - Reindog
C010 - Tom and Jerry
C011 - Steven Universe
C012 - Garnet
C013 - Finn
C014 - Velma
C015 - Taz
C016 - LeBron James
C017 - Iron Giant
C018 - Marvin the Martian
C019 - Morty
C020 - Rick
C021 - Black Adam
C022 - Wicked Witch
C023A - Gizmo
C023B - Stripe
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia
C028 - Joker
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C032 - ???
C033 - ??? (implied to be Ruby Rose due to petal effects)
C034 - Banana Guard
C035 - Jason
C036 - Agent Smith
C037 - ???
C038 - ???
C039 - ???
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks
crow - Gandalf
seasons - Daffy Duck

Top Bottom