• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Now that the season's almost over, let's try this again. In hindsight, four characters a season was unrealistic. I'm assuming that two characters and two stages will be the pattern here-on out.

Season 3:
  • Fighters:
    • Wicked Witch of the West (Battle Pass)
    • The Powerpuff Girls (Mid-Season)
  • Stages:
    • Midnight Showing (Gremlins)
    • Camp Crystal Lake (Friday the 13th)
Season 4:
  • Fighters:
    • Marceline (Battle Pass)
    • Nubia (Mid-Season)
  • Stages:
    • Over the Garden Wall
    • Wabbit Season (Looney Toons)
Season 5:
  • Fighters:
    • Aquaman (Battle Pass)
    • Daffy Duck (Mid Season)
  • Stages:
    • Cat Concerto (Tom & Jerry)
    • Candy Kingdom (Adventure Time)
Season 6:
  • Fighters:
    • Ruby Rose (Battle Pass)
    • Dexter (Mid-Season)
  • Stages:
    • Coyote Canyon (Looney Toons)
    • ACME Labs (Pinky and the Brain)
Season 7:
  • Fighters:
    • Raven (Battle Pass)
    • Scooby-Doo (Mid-Season)
  • Stages:
    • Barbie's Dreamhouse
    • Courage's Farmhouse
Nubia is cooked and being set up for failure if she has to be introduced in a two character season. If PFG were smart they'd round her out for a 3 character season rather than trying to treat her as the only super big new addition for mid-season.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah there have been a lot of teases from both AJAX and NAKAT. Let us see where they lead.

AJAX also clarified one of the teases (Spongebob reading a list and then the list super expanding) with “I hope you are all ready to read a LOT” which sounds like the next patch is gonna be a big one. Not just content wise but game wise.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Could be cool to see Warner Bros. throw a bone to some Ubisoft IP here and there.
Personally if they add non WB characters I'd rather see more characters from TV shows or movies as this seems to be the main theme of the game (although I'm expecting Mortal kombat characters to come eventually). I feel that if they add too much video game characters it will just become even more Smash bros and that's not really what I want to see.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If anything, I'm more worried about it being really good, but something really bad, or something not mentioned, happens to it after the patch.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Well season 2 was announced 3 days before it dropped, but that's because EVO was happening on a weekend. I expect an announcment this week, no way we get it next monday.

Watch it be next monday

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made it to the boss of the newest chapter. I don't think I'm going to be able to beat it on Insanity (even with maxed out gems, I'm doing scratch damage during the incredibly brief window that you can actually hit it), but I'm just glad I was able to make it past the second-to-last mission. (on Insanity, the enemy AI is downright overpowered, doing 100+ damage combos if they catch you, to the point where I only won by luring them off-stage)

Also, I got a DVD three-pack with Beetlejuice and the two Gremlins movies, so I'll at least be able to familiarize myself with some of the franchises that I hadn't seen before. (I just watched Beetlejuice last night - no idea how it got a PG rating given two scenes in particular, but I enjoyed it)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Beetlejuice I found was the best for fighting the Mojo Jojo boss, especially with his Down Attack. With the Swift Strike badge and the Badge that gives Armor while doing a Charge attack, it allows you to practically immediately do a fully charged Tap dance and when you are doing the Tap dance, you are armoured. And you can move around while Tap dancing. You basically Tap dance on Mojo's saucer and when the Reindog tries to get you on top of the saucer, your Tap dance will often start hitting them and then send them flying.
If the Tap Dance doesn't ring the Reindog out, a fully charged Up Attack almost always will if Reindog tries to float back down to you. And should Reindog get a hit in, you'll be protected by armor and should start damaging him. And because you can move while tap dancing, you can move to Reindog to keep combo'ing him and you can move away from the Anubis weapon's shots when they circle around.

Yeah, it was definitely not an easy Boss fight, since it heavily relies on two things. The main one being the Reindog, the other one being to remember that Mojo Jojo will more than often fire his laser immediately when he's about to attack with it. And because I was after the Medal, I had no one to do Co-op with and one of the other Stars was not working for me, I had to do the Mojo Jojo boss without getting Rungout in order to get the Medal, which was a frickin' pain to do. By the time I finally did it, doing the boss fight with the 2 lives was hardly an issue.

That being said, that Reindog needs a much longer respawn timer when it's defeated. It's not hard to KO thankfully, but man, it really needs a timer because the damage that stacks up from the Reindog is easily the biggest issue when doing the boss fight.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Beetlejuice I found was the best for fighting the Mojo Jojo boss, especially with his Down Attack. With the Swift Strike badge and the Badge that gives Armor while doing a Charge attack, it allows you to practically immediately do a fully charged Tap dance and when you are doing the Tap dance, you are armoured. And you can move around while Tap dancing. You basically Tap dance on Mojo's saucer and when the Reindog tries to get you on top of the saucer, your Tap dance will often start hitting them and then send them flying.
If the Tap Dance doesn't ring the Reindog out, a fully charged Up Attack almost always will if Reindog tries to float back down to you. And should Reindog get a hit in, you'll be protected by armor and should start damaging him. And because you can move while tap dancing, you can move to Reindog to keep combo'ing him and you can move away from the Anubis weapon's shots when they circle around.

Yeah, it was definitely not an easy Boss fight, since it heavily relies on two things. The main one being the Reindog, the other one being to remember that Mojo Jojo will more than often fire his laser immediately when he's about to attack with it. And because I was after the Medal, I had no one to do Co-op with and one of the other Stars was not working for me, I had to do the Mojo Jojo boss without getting Rungout in order to get the Medal, which was a frickin' pain to do. By the time I finally did it, doing the boss fight with the 2 lives was hardly an issue.

That being said, that Reindog needs a much longer respawn timer when it's defeated. It's not hard to KO thankfully, but man, it really needs a timer because the damage that stacks up from the Reindog is easily the biggest issue when doing the boss fight.
i haven't played against the mojo boss fight but hearing about reindog in it sounds like it'll be a massive struggle.

Ivander

Smash Legend
i haven't played against the mojo boss fight but hearing about reindog in it sounds like it'll be a massive struggle.
The big thing to know is that compared to other Looney fights, while Reindog does deal damage similarly to other Looney character fights, Reindog has nowhere near the same knockback resistance as other characters fought in Looney fights. You can even sometimes 2-shot them, which sounds like a godsend for this fight. But the absolute major problem with the Reindog is that it respawns indefinitely. And it respawns everytime it's KO'd, meaning that each time for a good bit, it has respawn invincibility frames until it attacks or it stays on the podium for too long.
It's existence in the fight is mainly to be a very sharp thorn in your fight against Mojo Jojo. I get that Mojo Jojo by himself is very much an easy boss fight and that there needed to be something with him to make his boss battle harder. But an infinitely respawning Looney-damage character that is infamous for their projectile spam makes it much more harder than it should be.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ausil confirms the Season 3 characters are PPG and Nubia

I'm sorry but Nubia is not enough of a pick to be on her own as one of only two options. I hope they have someone else in store.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I'm sorry but Nubia is not enough of a pick to be on her own as one of only two options. I hope they have someone else in store.
The one thing I can think of that would justify it is if the PPG are indeed a Pokemon Trainer style swapping character, they're different enough to where it feels like we're getting four characters instead of two, so they figured it was a good enough time to drop Nubia.

I mean, I think it's kind of lame too but I guess they might as well get it out of the way now. Just don't offer her first.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Supposedly....
There is supposedly a glimpse, hint or whatever of Raven maybe?

Edit: Basically, around 1:26 of the video, if slowed down, the purple thing in the middle is a purple pentagram or something like it.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Wicked Witch and Marcy fans we lost....but there's always season 4!

I'll chalk this up to a Banana Guard and Jason situation, where one character is so hype it balances the bummer that's the other letdown. And hell, it's even another spear user LOL.

Spears are cursed

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm gonna say 50-50 we're also getting Raven and Nubia is a stopgap in between her and PPG. It seems deliberate, but then again it took two seasons to follow up on that PPG tease in the Joker trailer

I mean, I got nothing against Nubia, I got the Powerpuff Girls, who are/were my most wanted additions, Nubia seems cool and this game could use more women and characters of color, so I got no gripes here. People will complain, but they'll use her anyway like what happened with BG.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Based on the imagery, hope everyone is ready to see the PPG in action.
I could not be more pumped and simultaneously anxious to see how they'll work.

You guys remember how I was with the Angry Beavers. I really didn't want the PPG to be all in one either, so I'm hoping for another switching mechanic miracle.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Could someone check the end of the trailer from today for me?

Just before the part confirming a gameplay trailer on the 12th there’s some fake ad about 12 am and Mogwais followed by laughter.

People are saying this laughter is actually The Wicked Witch of the West but to me it sounds like Stripe.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Could someone check the end of the trailer from today for me?

Just before the part confirming a gameplay trailer on the 12th there’s some fake ad about 12 am and Mogwais followed by laughter.

People are saying this laughter is actually The Wicked Witch of the West but to me it sounds like Stripe.
The filter makes it hard to tell, but it's definitely a stripe laught.

OR maybe Brain Gremlin?

Top Bottom