• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Since it’s still not possible to complete the Rift event without a second player, I went to the Discord to get some help. I didn’t have Taz yet, so I got him with fighter currency and got the Beetlejuice skin with the green beetle I got from rifts, so that I’d have a new character to grind the event with. (I like that Afterlife Taz isn’t just ripping off Beetlejuice’s striped look, it looks like a more originally designed zombie Taz.)

I stil have 20k Cybucks left from the last event. I could get the Ex-ICON Morty skin, but I think I might get 2 circuit skins instead, but I’m still deciding...

Funny side note, Rick with the charge speed rift gem can absolutely spam lasers like a madman, ahaha. ICON Rick now has a different pistol from regular Rick (he didn’t have it before, did he?) that looks pretty cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ICON Rick now has a different pistol from regular Rick (he didn’t have it before, did he?) that looks pretty cool.
He had it before but it was in the animation style of SEAL Team Rick

Ivander

Smash Legend
Is the XP multiplier for beetlejuice skins lower than the previous event?
Yeah, it's a 1.5 XP boost like the Sport and Circuit Crew skins whereas the 20XXL skins gave double XP. Probably because the 20XXL skins were all Epic rarity or higher, there were fewer of them to get and besides XP for the 20XXL track, the skins also doubled the Cybucks currency you got from PVP.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Potential new characters were looking at from these stages, ranked in how likely I think they are

Mad Max ,
A Harry Potter rep
Barbie \ Ken
Willy Wonka (Maybe??)
Courage
Mickey Mouse (lol no)

some of these could easily be stage only
Whoo! Yes! Yes! Courage! YES! YES! YES!

Now give us Eustace Bagge as well and then we'll definitely be talking.
I mean, since he's available it's possible.
It would just have to be the Steamboat Willie version.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Whoo! Yes! Yes! Courage! YES! YES! YES!

Now give us Eustace Bagge as well and then we'll definitely be talking.

It would just have to be the Steamboat Willie version.
worth noting stages without characters on the cards, so while this does make those characters more likey it doesn't confirm them at all. go t a good feeling about courage though

Ivander

Smash Legend
Seems like the event XP is bugged as im not getting any of it.
Yeah, nobody appears to be getting any XP in general, not even non-Event XP. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon, hopefully when Beetlejuice becomes available tonight.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah, nobody appears to be getting any XP in general, not even non-Event XP. Here's hoping it gets fixed soon, hopefully when Beetlejuice becomes available tonight.
They did tweet out that they fixed Ranked RP not being granted so here’s hoping the rest get fixed soon.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I got Beetlejuice with fighter currency, and I had enough left to buy the handful of old characters I didn’t have yet and still have enough for a future new character. Pretty cool to finally have the entire roster.

I can confirm that exp wasn’t working earlier but is working now.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Prob a lukewarm take, i really like that events let you buy characters with the special event token. Half of the roster i've unlocked through this method lol.

I'm only missing 9 characters + Beetlejuice and that's the one i'm using my shards for. Im actually an unique case of only playing the beta for like...2 hours, so at the very start of the relaunch i only had Shaggy, WW and Jason lol. So i can see why it's a struggle for actual new players to catch up

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Apparently Multiversus has hit the triple digits on Steam
View attachment 393694
Obviously this isn't the entire player base, you have PlayStation and Xbox and maybe a person or two on EGS, but it's definitely not a good sign.
I'm gonna hold out hope that the PPG end up bringing more people back. From everything I've heard, people REALLY want more Cartoon Network characters, look how many came in just to play as Samurai Jack.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
I'm gonna hold out hope that the PPG end up bringing more people back. From everything I've heard, people REALLY want more Cartoon Network characters, look how many came in just to play as Samurai Jack.
If that's the case then powerpuff girls and marceline aren't far behind.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently Multiversus has hit the triple digits on Steam
View attachment 393694
Obviously this isn't the entire player base, you have PlayStation and Xbox and maybe a person or two on EGS, but it's definitely not a good sign.
In fairness I think this could be easily, and sadly, explained by the REALLY buggy quality of the last update.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
In fairness I think this could be easily, and sadly, explained by the REALLY buggy quality of the last update.
I don’t even expect the voices to be fixed until the end of the season. It took until Beetlejuice came out for the victory animations to get fixed after Jack broke them.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I mean, maybe that was clipped at a lower traffic time

Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 17-48-20 MultiVersus - Steam Charts.png

These are the numbers right now, which i find healthy enough

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the previous screenshot was taken when steam had a blackout period, server went down for a bit. It's probably a disingenous bait to stir the pot and get the usual "dead game" circlejerk (im not blaming PeridotGX PeridotGX btw, they got the screenshot from the MVS reddit which is notoriously toxic)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Master

View attachment 393695

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the previous screenshot was taken when steam had a blackout period, server went down for a bit. It's probably a disingenous bait to stir the pot and get the usual "dead game" circlejerk (im not blaming PeridotGX PeridotGX btw, they got the screenshot from the MVS reddit which is notoriously toxic)
"btw, they got the screenshot from the MVS reddit which is notoriously toxic"
Ya, true...

LimeTH

Smash Lord
EDIT: I'm pretty sure the previous screenshot was taken when steam had a blackout period, server went down for a bit. It's probably a disingenous bait to stir the pot and get the usual "dead game" circlejerk (im not blaming PeridotGX PeridotGX PeridotGX PeridotGX btw, they got the screenshot from the MVS reddit which is notoriously toxic)
That figures, don’t it?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

View attachment 393695

You could literally see in the screenshot that the 24 hour peak was much higher so there was nothing to worry about.

I just hope they get their backlog done before 2026 and the game survives until then. I want some crossover advertisement characters, specifically praying for The Boys getting a spot Mortal Kombat 1 style. Imagine if we got a known superhero hating character in an interaction-focused game pretty much centered around DC. I'd pay to see that.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Beetlejuice keeps mentioning someone named Scuzzo.
I don’t remember anyone from the film named Scuzzo so is Scuzzo from the animated show?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m going back and doing old Crushing Horror rifts to make myself a little stronger to beat BL Supes.

How come they haven’t done any cinematics for Season 2 Rifts? I wanted to see Jack and Beetlejuice animated more. :morty:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I finally got Beetlejuice after all that grinding!

So now it's time for playing the game!
gaming.png

Oh yeah, more grinding!

Ivander

Smash Legend
I finally got Beetlejuice after all that grinding!

So now it's time for playing the game!
View attachment 393715

Oh yeah, more grinding!
I mean, when you are doing this, you can actually do some other things while you are waiting for the timer. I've been doing some of my mobile games and playing on my Switch while doing this and it's quite easy to multitask and makes the grinding less of a hassle.

That aside, I basically do this mission for characters that I've tried and don't see myself playing while characters I do like playing I work them up to Level 15 the normal way.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I mean, when you are doing this, you can actually do some other things while you are waiting for the timer. I've been doing some of my mobile games and playing on my Switch while doing this and it's quite easy to multitask and makes the grinding less of a hassle.

That aside, I basically do this mission for characters that I've tried and don't see myself playing while characters I do like playing I work them up to Level 15 the normal way.
Multiversus events make me really productive, right now im just tidying up my room while grinding lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This mean we can get a skin of the cartoon version of Juice?
I'd imagine we could. The team has basically referenced every version of the character in some way already (if you take his down attack as a subtle reference to the Musical, anyway), to the point where this entire rift was basically a big reference to the original cancelled 90s sequel, Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian.

Considering I've seen considerable amounts of requests for an Animated Series skin and the show is currently airing on Me TV Toons, I think it could happen.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You guys think they'll talk about season 3 before or after the 4th rift drops? Cause i'm pretty sure the ending heavily implies who we are getting.

My guess is that we might get an overview for season 3 on tuesday 3rd

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You guys think they'll talk about season 3 before or after the 4th rift drops? Cause i'm pretty sure the ending heavily implies who we are getting.
We still have three weeks left in the season, so probably within the next week or two.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They did announce the next hotfix will resolve the Marceline's Song ringout vanishing.

As for Season 3? I expect a reveal of some sort at least a few days before it begins.

Ivander

Smash Legend
They did announce the next hotfix will resolve the Marceline's Song ringout vanishing.
Anything regarding the Rift Event stars? Since those who didn't do the Stars before the fix are stuck at 64 Stars and can't reach 70 without Co-op.

Top Bottom