• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
His recovery looks weak, probably to make up for the massive horizontal control he has.

From what I remembered from leaked footage, Agent Smith’s gun needed ammo, but I didn’t see it mentioned here.

Personally I’m fine with him releasing on the tail-end, it makes the end of the season not boring.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Please... never do anything like Agent Smith ever again. This sucked so bad, a character on the face of the game marketing someone we can unlock only for us to wait until the tail end of Season 1 to have him. How awful... Hopefully this and us having a month for bare minimum beta features will be the last of the dark ages whenever Ranked/Season 2 comes out.
If they pull this crap with the Powerpuff Girls next month I’m going to turn into the Joker.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Any clue who these are? Thought it was Muttley at first, since the Mystery Machine can be seen on the Water Tower too, but the ears don't match up and AFAIK there isn't a bow-wearing Muttley. Absolutely not Buttons or Runt at least.
Screenshot 2024-07-02 142319.png

osby

Smash Obsessed
The new event has a mission where you need to play 2 matches with a Scooby-Doo character wearing the shark hat. Pretty annoyed at this cuz the shark hat boxes are RNG.

Just got Shark Hat Jake by the way.
I played two Rifts with Shaggy wearing the shark hat costume and wasn't able to complete the mission.

I really hope they update the missions sometime in the future because there are a lot of instances where they don't tell you which mode to play or are plain bugged right now.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Oh yeah, it's the Hip Hippos. I see it now. I thought their eyes were dog noses lmao
Very cool reference. I was expecting them to just reference The Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain just like they did with the reboot.

Also I've just remembered I got Velma's Shark Hat, but my point still stands. Missions shouldn't be locked behind paywalls and RNG, even if we get a day extra of missions.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Smith gameplay doesn't do a lot to me, but the animations are clean. I wonder who is voicing him, I'm assuming it's a sound alike but it sounds pretty faithfull to Hugo Weaving. Also he have a robot skin.

multiversus-official-agent-smith-sounds-like-inevitability-v0-k3igic9lw3ad1.jpeg

Faso115

Smash Lord
Please... never do anything like Agent Smith ever again. This sucked so bad, a character on the face of the game marketing someone we can unlock only for us to wait until the tail end of Season 1 to have him. How awful... Hopefully this and us having a month for bare minimum beta features will be the last of the dark ages whenever Ranked/Season 2 comes out.
Welp. I got you some bad news for ya

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Rift thing with Smith is honestly far from the worst thing. I know people want to be able to get their cake right away, but the Smith event was something that was intended to reward you as time went on rather than a "Get everything right away" like the Power Pledge event, hence why besides Agent Smith, there's also the 3000 Fighter Currency, the 250 Gleamium and the skins for Bugs, Superman, Jake and Wonder Woman. Thinking long-term, planning ahead and being patient is the key here.

And with the new Rift Changes for Gems and Star Meters/Rift Cauldrons coming in as well, getting Smith is not going to be as much of a chore.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ok so it seems the standard is going to be 3 characters per season? Cause if that's the case then couple with the alleged post by fumo leaks, next season should be:

Beetlejuice (Rift reward/Confirmed), Samurai Jack (rumored/Battlepass character is my guess) and PPG (Rumored/ Character you have to buy for 6k points)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Ok so it seems the standard is going to be 3 characters per season? Cause if that's the case then couple with the alleged post by fumo leaks, next season should be:

Beetlejuice (Rift reward/Confirmed), Samurai Jack (rumored/Battlepass character is my guess) and PPG (Rumored/ Character you have to buy for 6k points)
I’m gonna go out on a limb that the PPG is the battle pass character because of the apparent Rowdyruff Boys skin, which would make for a fitting Battlepass finish.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I think this is gonna be the case.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A few notable things:

Gandalf and shockingly the Hulk have textures that have been added to the game. We know Hulk was a consideration early on before they picked a company, so these could just be leftovers, but why add them back?

Agent Smith's rift intro leaked

The layout of the "Mesas" map is here, featuring the skeleton of the Road Runner, I think? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf3bIQaYAIpXwq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
The layout of what I assume will be The Lake: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4WkeXIAAKnrB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
As well as a stage for of all things, Over the Garden Wall: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4ncgaYAMldju?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
And a skin for Jason themed after Beetlejuice:
1719942519323.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the Hulk have textures that have been added to the game. We know Hulk was a consideration early on before they picked a company, so these could just be leftovers, but why add them back?
Because there is another similarly colored, similarly built character, and his name is Muscle Man.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It seems that we're getting a new gem type in the rift after the Agent Smith one? Omni?
Considering the symbol is a ringed planet, I'd imagine it's tied to Beetlejuice, given his ties to Saturn.
It's also possible it will allow for all 3 current Gem types, considering the theme is 'Triple Threat' and you have Joker as the Chaos villain, Jason as the Horror villain and Smith as the Digital villain.

The Rift thing with Smith is honestly far from the worst thing. I know people want to be able to get their cake right away, but the Smith event was something that was intended to reward you as time went on rather than a "Get everything right away" like the Power Pledge event, hence why besides Agent Smith, there's also the 3000 Fighter Currency, the 250 Gleamium and the skins for Bugs, Superman, Jake and Wonder Woman. Thinking long-term, planning ahead and being patient is the key here.

And with the new Rift Changes for Gems and Star Meters/Rift Cauldrons coming in as well, getting Smith is not going to be as much of a chore.
Then do it properly, I'm fine not "getting my cake right away" just market him in the game when you're ready. It was extremely misleading and really dumb. It's a poorly communicated event since countless players were confused and/or frustrated that they couldn't have Smith anytime soon despite the Rifts event communicating that you'd get to have him by simply playing the mode, or at least unlocking him somewhat soon than over a month.

Last edited:

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
A few notable things:

Gandalf and shockingly the Hulk have textures that have been added to the game. We know Hulk was a consideration early on before they picked a company, so these could just be leftovers, but why add them back?

Agent Smith's rift intro leaked

The layout of the "Mesas" map is here, featuring the skeleton of the Road Runner, I think? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf3bIQaYAIpXwq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
The layout of what I assume will be The Lake: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4WkeXIAAKnrB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
As well as a stage for of all things, Over the Garden Wall: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4ncgaYAMldju?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
And a skin for Jason themed after Beetlejuice: View attachment 391838
i tought it was Steamboat Willie

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I really expected other characters to come out before him. Weird that he's the first new one.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Due to a bug with Jason’s Grounded Up Special he has been disabled.

For any rifts that require using him you’ll instead be using The Joker.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

jesus **** why do they keep doing this?!? It's unacceptable to just remove content. I don't care for how long. I just unlocked Uber Jason. I don't care if there are bugs with him. Keep him in the game till it's fixed.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Cake/Jake still feels kinda weak, even after the buffs. I’m still struggling to finish off people, although maybe there’s some good combos that I don’t know about.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Good thing I played him this afternoon before he got taken off. That said, I didn't know about this cause I didn't know you could dodge after you catch somebody in his Up-Special. I always thought you couldn't dodge when doing his Up-special in general.

At the least, I'm not worried much and can wait for him to be fixed. I can play Shaggy and Banana Guard decently if I need to.

Oh, my 5th Shark week log-in box gave me Arya's Shark hat. One of the ones I didn't want to get. :glare: 3 boxes left to go.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Haven't played Multiversus in a while so maybe this is already a thing, but I personally would rather have It so when a character happens to need fixing such as Jason or Iron Giant they make them unavailable to play as online but accessible offline for those who wanna play them.

Idk, some kind of compensation would be very welcomed. Similar to how Fortnite has removed cosmetics from the game's shop forever but they still allow those who bought them to keep them.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, since Joker is being used as Jason's substitute in the Rift missions that use Jason as a guest, people who have the Joker weekly missions, but don't have Joker can use Joker in the horror Rift to get the Joker weekly missions done.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
jesus **** why do they keep doing this?!? It's unacceptable to just remove content. I don't care for how long. I just unlocked Uber Jason. I don't care if there are bugs with him. Keep him in the game till it's fixed.
All you need to do is get a stock lead, hit a grounded up special, and then dodge. Throw yourself off the blast zone, repeat one more time, and you win.

Nah, put that man back! :thedorf:

Top Bottom