• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Ivander

Smash Legend
I got that too. I was really excited to use it.

But for some reason, it's not in my inventory. Did I just lose it?
That happened to me and I couldn't find it either, but it appeared in my inventory and I could choose it finally when I closed and restarted my game.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Day 3 and I got Morty's Shark Hat. Least exciting one so far, don't really care that much about Rick and Morty and out of the two, I prefer playing Rick a lot more.

Also, I wonder if tuesday will finally be the day they'll add the Water Tower in the PvP rotation.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got Gizmo's hat today. Not what I wanted, but it looks cute on Gizmo, so I don't mind.

After today's Summer Throwdown missions, there should be one more set of Summer missions tomorrow and I have 600 points left to get Harley's shark hat. So yeah, thankfully the Game of Thrones Summer skin isn't required to get Harley's shark hat and some of the other quests like the Summer DC skin and the Animated Summer skin can be cleared with the Wonder Woman and Taz Surf's Up Rift missions(and on Easy too) if the player doesn't have Superman, Garnet and their Beach skins. So good on the team for allowing people to get Harley's shark hat without needing to buy a skin or get a skin from an event beforehand.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm not expecting too much out of this patch - just Agent Smith, the big balance update, and a few new costumes. Maybe Water Tower if we're lucky.

Also, for shark week, I got Shaggy Day 1, Jake day 2, the Banner day 3, and Bugs day 4. I can't really complain.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know I'm double-posting, but it's for something very important.
View attachment 391699
The Shaggy Shark hat has Shaggy put on sunglasses. I thought it was a glitch, but no, instead of eating a sandwich for his intro, he puts on shades. This Shark hat just became 10x cooler.
I think you got a bug, because I just got Shaggy, and he does not do this for me.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here are the notes regarding today's Mid-Season Patch Preview:

1. Returning:
Free for all is back! It is different from the Beta in that first 4 KO's wins the match, not "most KO's win". Spectator mode is also returning. Up to 8 players can be present in the lobby (4 playing, 4 spectating). The appearance of the game will depend on the spectating user's options and can vary between players and spectators.
Post Game Stats are returning.

2. Quality of Life:
Replay is coming to PvE. Before you were kicked back to the menu and had to reselect everything. Outlines and Color Highlights will be toggleable.

3. Space Jam Court 2 is coming to PvP (this is the one with no walls). The regular Court will be put into Free for All.

4. Input Updates:
Customizable Input Buffer timing is coming back. Control Deadzones are coming back. Swapping Neutral and Side Inputs are also coming back. Item and Fastfall Input settings. Customizable Neutral Input Bindings.

5. Character Changes
Almost every character has been changed. If a character isn't listed here, keep in mind they went alphabetically, and the full notes will cover more:
Bugs Bunny is getting nerfed (safe and neutral air in particular)
Gizmo is getting addressed a bit more, specifically on the arrow and car
Harley Quinn have been adjusted to tick down item timers once equipped
Jake is getting buffed, he will feel more like an aerial bruiser post patch
Jason is getting frame data changes to make him faster, plus hitboxes are getting fixed
Shaggy is getting nerfed. Even after the patch, he should remain the beginner friendly character.
Steven Universe is getting nerfs. His combo game will remain, but his damage and defense game will be getting changed. Down air loops are gone.
The Joker had his last laugh and will be reined in. Jab will be adjusted. Ground dodge distance has been adjusted.
Velma is considered a zoner archetype (LeBron James is as well). She is getting a lot of changes this patch. Apparently, she has the most written under her name.
Wonder Woman is getting nerfed. She will still remain the pick-up to play tank, but she won't be as easy to play as before.
Iron Giant is getting more changes.
Reindog got buffs

6. Gameplay Updates:
Hitstun frame lockout to make it harder to spam parry. Excessively long combo strings will now be easier to escape. Attacks that incapacitate fighters will now be given nerfs. It is now easier to input different attacks during a jab combo.

7. Agent Smith is pretty cool (their words)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here are the notes regarding today's Mid-Season Patch Preview:

1. Returning:
Free for all is back! It is different from the Beta in that first 4 KO's wins the match, not "most KO's win". Spectator mode is also returning. Up to 8 players can be present in the lobby (4 playing, 4 spectating). The appearance of the game will depend on the spectating user's options and can vary between players and spectators.
Post Game Stats are returning.

2. Quality of Life:
Replay is coming to PvE. Before you were kicked back to the menu and had to reselect everything. Outlines and Color Highlights will be toggleable.

3. Space Jam Court 2 is coming to PvP (this is the one with no walls). The regular Court will be put into Free for All.

4. Input Updates:
Customizable Input Buffer timing is coming back. Control Deadzones are coming back. Swapping Neutral and Side Inputs are also coming back. Item and Fastfall Input settings. Customizable Neutral Input Bindings.

5. Character Changes
Almost every character has been changed. If a character isn't listed here, keep in mind they went alphabetically, and the full notes will cover more:
Bugs Bunny is getting nerfed (safe and neutral air in particular)
Gizmo is getting addressed a bit more, specifically on the arrow and car
Harley Quinn have been adjusted to tick down item timers once equipped
Jake is getting buffed, he will feel more like an aerial bruiser post patch
Jason is getting frame data changes to make him faster, plus hitboxes are getting fixed
Shaggy is getting nerfed. Even after the patch, he should remain the beginner friendly character.
Steven Universe is getting nerfs. His combo game will remain, but his damage and defense game will be getting changed. Down air loops are gone.
The Joker had his last laugh and will be reined in. Jab will be adjusted. Ground dodge distance has been adjusted.
Velma is considered a zoner archetype (LeBron James is as well). She is getting a lot of changes this patch. Apparently, she has the most written under her name.
Wonder Woman is getting nerfed. She will still remain the pick-up to play tank, but she won't be as easy to play as before.
Iron Giant is getting more changes.
Reindog got buffs

6. Gameplay Updates:
Hitstun frame lockout to make it harder to spam parry. Excessively long combo strings will now be easier to escape. Attacks that incapacitate fighters will now be given nerfs. It is now easier to input different attacks during a jab combo.

7. Agent Smith is pretty cool (their words)
That all sounds excellent actually. I really like all of this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think you got a bug, because I just got Shaggy, and he does not do this for me.
If there was a quick patch today, that's possible. Because yesterday for me, using him with his shark hat still had him putting on the sunglasses.

Maybe it could be a Rift thing too, cause I haven't used him for PVP yet, but the times I did use him with his shark hat was working on Dailies with Rift missions.
I have shark hat shaggy and he has sunglasses. It's absolutely a bug, but it's a widespread one. Maybe it depends on system? I play on PS5.
That's also possible. I am playing on PS5.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Got to do my stuff on Multiversus just now. Got Superman's shark hat for the 4th day and got Harley's shark hat after doing the two Summer Throwdown quests requiring a Scooby Doo character and a Detective character with Shaggy(once again, didn't need to do the Game of Thrones Beach Ready mission). And yeah, Shaggy is still putting on the sunglasses when I have him with his Shark hat costume.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Double answering because we got part 3 of the plan: Guides.
Specifically the Youtube channel now has a indepth guide on how to play Arya Stark.
Yes we skipped part 2
Yep, it's the Smith trailer.

Did they say anything about when to expect "part 2"?

kylexv

Smash Master
Patch Notes from the Multiversus Discord:

Hello MVPs! Our mid-season 1.05 patch is here, and with it comes the addition of Free-For-All mode, Spectator mode, post-game stats, and various character balance changes. As always, thanks so much for your valuable feedback on Reddit, Discord, and our other social channels–you are appreciated! Let’s go ahead and dive in, shall we?

General
• New Fighter: Agent Smith joins the Multiverse! If players complete enough tiers in the “Beat Rifts, Get Agent Smith Free!” event, they can begin playing with him as early as July 8 ! How’s that for breaking reality? Agent Smith will then be available for purchase on July 23.

• New Mode: Free-For-All game mode has been added to our Normal PvP Queues! Battle against up to 3 other players to become king of the Multiverse. First player to 4 ringouts is the winner! We’re experimenting with a different, more simplified ruleset for Free-For-All. Let us know how you like the mode!

• New Mode: Spectator mode is now available for custom games! Become the ultimate support teammate and cheer on your friends without entering the ring yourself. Lobbies can support up to 4 spectators per game.

• Post-game stats have returned! You can now see your total ringouts and damage dealt on the results screen after any PvP or PvE match.

• Battle Pass Tiers can now be purchased with Gleamium.

• Added a daily free item available to be collected in the Store.

• Fighter Select Portraits have been changed from 3D to 2D art renders for Fighters only. Variants will retain the 3D renders.

• Added an option to edit Perks in Custom Game mode.

• We’ve added the option to turn on/off both Outline Colors and Team Colors in PvP and PvE. These can be configured in the Settings menu.

Rifts

The Megalodog PvE Rift is NOW AVAILABLE!

Future Rifts have been added and will unlock later in the season:
• “Age of Smith” Rift
• “Triple Threat” Rift

Rift Updates

• “Rift Cauldrons” are now called “Rift Star Meters.” Star Meters can now be completed by collecting 72% of available stars in a Rift, down from 80%. Players who have already completed 72% of available stars can claim their rewards retroactively by completing a node in the relevant Rift.
• Daily Gem Rewards now appear on a Rift of each attunement each day.
• Added a new button to auto-equip gems before the match if currently equipped gems are mismatched.
• Added a new button to retry a Rift node when the Rift is completed in single-player mode.
• Added a new button to leave Rift matches when in single-player mode.
• Defeated Boss requirements have been lowered to unlock Matrix Code Superman, Matrix Code Bugs Bunny, and Matrix Code Jake variants.

Rift Balance Updates
• Area-Of-Effect attack damage has been reduced on higher difficulties
• Reflect damage has been reduced on higher difficulties
• Armature knockback reduced

Account Systems
• Badges now show stats on Account Cosmetics screen
• Account mastery, character mastery, and leaderboards now show progress for all matches in a set in the post-match match summary rather than just the last match
• Fixed an issue where incomplete matches would display as losses on the Career screen

Input Preferences
We are re-introducing some of the input preferences that were popular during our Open Beta. We hope this helps players feel more comfortable as they fine-tune their combat experience.

Added this patch:
• Customizable input buffer timing
• Customizable control stick input deadzones (both left and right sticks)
• Swap side/neutral attack inputs for ground or air
• Toggleable option to use attack inputs to pick up items
• Fastfall method input settings (tap down or hold down)
• Customizable Neutral Dodge input binding (edited)

Combat Changes
• Upon hitstun ending, fighters now incur a 6-frame lockout on the neutral dodge action. This will make it more difficult to parry attacks in the middle of a combo. Directional dodges are unaffected.
• Excessively long combo strings now apply a vacuum attack hitstun decay penalty. This should allow for players to more easily escape previously inescapable infinite team combos such as alternating Superman rapid jab combos.
• Attacks that incapacitate fighters now apply a temporary incapacitate-resistance buff to the incapacitated fighter. This will make subsequent incapacitate attacks have a much shorter duration. This should allow for players to more easily escape previously inescapable infinite incapacitate combos such as alternating Jake bite/spit. Affected attacks will be noted in individual character patch notes.
• Side attack combo input buffers have been standardized for all fighters. It should now be easier to buffer a different attack during a jab combo without accidentally inputting further attacks in the jab combo.
General Bugfixes
• Fixed an issue where fighters that took fire or shock damage on the same frame they were hit by an attack would cause the attack to be ignored.
• Fixed an issue where fighters could respawn without spawn invulnerability.
General Perks
• Fixed an issue where all Team perks were always giving their stacked effect.
Protective Momentum
• Projectile shield now breaks after blocking one normal or heavy projectile (edited)

Maps

The Court 2 variant has been added to the game!

Cromulons
• 2v2 Variant
• Main stage and side speakers width increased 20%
• Blast box size increased 10%
• 1v1 Variant
• Main stage width increased 20%
• Blast box size increased 10%
Dexter’s Laboratory 1
• Scroll speed reduced
• Reverse scroll button cooldown increased to 15 seconds from 1 second
• Possible generated layouts updated
Throne Room
• 2v2 Variant
• Increased upper limit 300 units
Townsville
• Mojo Jojo increased interval between attacks
• Bombs and laser knockback reduced
• Mojo Jojo takes more damage before attacks are interrupted
Tree Fort
• Bounce pads should more reliably bounce fighters and prevent them from fully landing on the platform. (edited)

Characters
Legend:
+ = Buff
= Nerf
~ = Change
= Bugfix
Note: Attacks callouts reference default controls.

Arya
• Ground Dash Attack
• ~ Updated knockback to hit more consistently near the ledge
• Air/Ground Neutral Special
• * Fixed an issue where Arya would float into space while attempting to use face steal

Banana Guard
• Air Neutral Attack
• + On-hit branch window 5 frames earlier
• Air Side Attack
• - Damage reduced to 11 from 12
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 4 frames
• - Strength buff is now consumed after a successful attack to an enemy
• Ground Down Special
• + On-hit branch window can be canceled 26 frames earlier
• Ground Side Special

Batman
• Ground Dash Attack
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 8 frames
• * Fixed an issue where Bat Bomb could be applied to two enemies simultaneously if hit on the same frame
• Air Down Special
• - Leg hurtbox size increased

Black Adam
• Ground Up Attack
• - Lightning strike projectile now applies a 4-second cooldown
• Ground Down Attack
• + Knockback increased to 2300 from 2200
• - On-hit dodge branch window delayed 5 frames
• Air Up Attack
• - Final hit base knockback reduced to 1500 from 1750
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 5 frames
• Air Neutral Attack
• ~ Visuals now better match hitbox size

Bugs Bunny
Bugs Bunny is living up to his identity as a strong mage a little bit too well right now. We’re hoping to reduce the time that his safe can remain on screen by making it a bit more fragile, and we’re looking to tone down some of the more toxic loops that come from his air neutral attack.
• Air Neutral Attack
• - Repeat-move lockout increased to 18 frames from 8 frames
• - On-hit jump branch window delayed 4 frames
• ~ Attacking a safe will now only knock back the safe on the last hit of the attack
 We're keeping an eye on this change and may adjust in a hotfix if this makes neutral air attack + safe interactions too difficult
• Air Up Attack
• - Hitbox active duration reduced 2 frames
• Air/Ground Down Attack (Pie)
• ~ Pie projectile hurtbox size increased to match hitbox size. Should address issues with inconsistent projectile interactions.
• Air Down Attack (No Pie)
• + More aerial momentum is maintained on attack start-up
• Air/Ground Neutral Special (Safe)
• ~ Enemy attacks only do one damage to the safe; armor break hits still immediately destroy the safe
• - Safe health reduced to 3hp from 16hp
• Air/Ground Neutral Special (Cooldown)
• - On-hit branch window delayed 5 frames
• ~ Knockback angle made more horizontal
• Air/Ground Up Special
• ~ Lowered platform height of vertical rocket to address issues where platform collision would push enemies away from the hitbox
• Air/Ground Down Special
• * Addressed several issues with tunnels where fighters could be trapped indefinitely or teleported off-screen without ringing out
• Bugs will now attempt to reverse direction if his destination tunnel is destroyed while he is traveling between tunnels
• “Lingering Love” Perk
• + Now has a melee hitbox while projectile spawn is on cooldown (edited)

Finn
• Ground Neutral Attack
• + Knockback scaling to 15.5 from 14
• Ground Up Attack
• + Knockback scaling to 20.5 from 19.5
• Ground Down Attack
• * Fixed an issue where this attack was not breaking armor on both hits

Garnet
• Air Side Attack 1
• - Now applies a repeat-move lockout after ground side attack 1; air lockout duration matches ground lockout duration of 16 frames
• Ground Side Attack 2 (Up)
• - Hitstun reduced
• + Knockback increased to 1750 from 1650
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 5 frames
• Ground Down Attack
• + On-hit branch window advanced 2 frames
• ~ Placing the star will automatically adjust its position to prevent Garnet from ringing herself out on star dash
• “Marker” Perk
• ~ Gauntlets no longer spawn a star if the gauntlets were destroyed from leaving the arena

Gizmo
Gizmo’s balance has looked much better after his nerfs in the 1.02 patch. We are hoping to address a few lingering issues with his arrow and car gameplay before we let the dust settle for a bit.
• Air/Ground Neutral Attack
• * Fixed an issue where Gizmo would get multiple jumps in air while charging an arrow
• ~ Adjusted jump height during arrow charge to better match his normal jump heights.
• Ground Up Attack
• - Popcorn charge no longer affects arrow explosion damage/knockback
• Ground Side Special
• - Car speed reduced to 2350 from 3000
• - Car health reduced to 5 hp from 8 hp
• - Car is now automatically destroyed if left idle for 6 seconds
• Air Side Special
• Air/Ground Up Special
• ~ Increased attach radius to 575 units from 250 units; Gizmo should have an easier time snapping to his car or his allies without needing to precisely aim the attack

Harley Quinn
Harley’s balance was mostly tackled in the 1.02 patch, we made some additional finer tuning based on feedback. We have adjusted Ground Up attack to feel more responsive and to allow Harley to pressure her opponents with follow ups. Both Harley’s neutral special Bat Doll and Stripe’s down special Dynamite have been adjusted so the item timer begins to tick down immediately once equipped to make these items have windows of counterplay.
• Ground Up Attack
• + On-hit branch window advanced 6 frames
• Ground Down Attack
• + Maximum movement from charge increased 5%
• Air Up Attack
• - On-hit branch window delayed 5 frames
• + Knockback increased to 1250 from 1175
• ~ Explosion timer now begins while the bat doll is in Harley’s hands
• ~ Cooldown timer now begins while the bat doll is in Harley’s hands
• ~ Bat doll will only spawn an explosion hitbox if it explodes after being thrown by Harley
• ~ Bat doll is now considered an item while Harley has it equipped
• + Throwing the bat doll no longer consumes an air special
• * Fixed an issue where bat doll would not attach to a fighter after colliding with certain projectiles or terrain
• * Fixed an issue where bat doll could be equipped while Harley had an available bat doll to detonate
• ~ Explosion now classified as a “projectile” hit, meaning it can proc projectile effects like the “That’s Flammable, Doc!” perk

Iron Giant
• Passive
• ~ Allies can no longer enter the pilot turret while Iron Giant is in a grabbed state
• * Fixed an issue where Iron Giant could still use rage mode attacks while polymorphed
• Ground Side Attack
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 6 frames
• Air Side Attack
• - Hitbox size adjusted so it is less likely for Iron Giant to hit enemies behind him
• Air Neutral Attack
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 6 frames
• Air/Ground Up Special
• ~ Attack now transitions to final hit after successfully damaging an enemy
• + Upper body is now projectile intangible while Iron Giant is spinning
• * Fixed a bug that would allow this attack to hit 5 times on occasion instead of the intended max of 3 hits

Jake
Jake has been having a rough time since our official launch. With these changes we’re looking to make him feel more like an aerial bruiser and less like a bite-spammer.
• General
• * Fixed an issue where Jake could not hold special inputs using the right stick
• Ground Neutral Attack
• + Start-up window before charge reduced 6 frames. Start-up window after charge reduced 4 frames.
• Air Side Attack
• + Hitbox size increased to better match visuals
• + Hitbox active duration increased 3 frames
• Air Neutral Attack
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 2 frames
• Air Down Attack
• + More aerial momentum is maintained on attack start-up
• Air Up Attack 1
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 3 frames
• Ground/Air Neutral Special
• ~ Now applies incapacitate-resistance buff to incapacitated enemies

Jason
• General
• ~ Machete hitboxes on several attacks now better match attack visuals
• Ground Neutral Attack
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 2 frames
• Ground Side Attack 1
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 1 frame
• Ground Up Attack
• * Fixed an issue where the first hit would not properly vacuum into the second hit under certain circumstances
• Air Neutral Attack
• + Start-up window reduced 3 frames
• Air Down Attack
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 1 frame; will now hit higher up on Jason
• + Hitbox added to Jason’s head
• Ground Down Special
• ~ Removed sleeping bag’s properties as a projectile attack; it should no longer interact with Marvin bubble or Rick portal
• * Fixed an issue where Jason could grab certain boss enemies in Rifts

LeBron
• Ground Dash Attack
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 6 frames
• + No longer prevents terrain bounce on knockback
• Ground Dash Attack (No Basketball)
• + No longer prevents terrain bounce on knockback
• Ground Neutral Attack
• + Hitbox start-up after charge advanced 10 frames
• ~ Maximum charge time increased
• - Required charge amount for armor increased 4 frames
• Ground Side Attack 1
• * Fixed an issue where dodge attack momentum was not properly conserved
• Ground Down Attack
• + First hit damage increased to 9 from 7
• + First hit knockback increased to 1825 from 1650
• + Second hit knockback increased to 1750 from 1650
• + First hit knockback scaling increased to 16 from 14
• ~ Knockback made more vertical
• Air Neutral Attack
• + First hit more reliably combos into second hit
• - Repeat-move lockout increased to 15 frames from 8 frames
• Air Side Attack
• + Hitbox start-up time advanced 4 frames
• + Knockback scaling increased to 19 from 15
• Air/Ground Side Special
• + Start-up on hitting ground increased 6 frames
• + Hitbox size increased
• Air Down Special (No Basketball)
• + Now allows ground movement while holding the special button
• - Max horizontal speed reduced

Marvin
• + Bubbled projectiles now have a minimum additional lifetime of 5 seconds, to prevent projectiles breaking immediately after being trapped
• * Fixed an issue where the bubble would get unnecessarily large after trapping certain projectiles
• * Fixed an issue where certain projectiles would not be properly trapped
• Ground Side Attack
• - Projectile lifetime reduced to 2.75 seconds from 4.25 seconds
• * Fixed an issue where the flag would fall through the platform on which it was placed

Morty
• General
• * Fixed his drive animation facing the wrong way
• Ground Side Attack 3
• + Uncharged hitbox start-up time reduced; allows easier combos from Side Attack 2 into Side Attack 3
• Air Side Attack 2
• - Hitbox active duration reduced to prevent Morty from hitting behind himself
• - Grenade are now properly blocked by projectile-blocking effects
• Ground Side Special
• ~ Splitting a grenade properly spawns two grenades moving in opposite directions
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 10 frames
• * Fixed an issue where the on-hit branch window was not being acknowledged; attack can now branch much sooner on-hit
• “I’m More Than Just A Hammer” Perk
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 15 frames
• - Horizontal movement reduced

Reindog
• Ground/Air Neutral Attack
• + Uncharged damage increased to 4.5 from 4.0
• + Uncharged knockback increased to 1250 from 1200
• + Uncharged knockback scaling increased to 26 from 24
• Air Up Special
• + Reindog now flies more horizontally when thrown sideways by an ally
• - No longer damages invulnerable enemies

Rick
• “Bit Of A Stickler Meeseeks” Signature Perk Returns!
• Perk effect: “Rick's Meeseeks deal extra damage to fighters that are already in hitstun.”
• Ground Side Attack 1
• - Hitbox active duration reduced 1 frame
• * Addressed several issues with portals where fighters could be trapped indefinitely or teleported off-screen without ringing out
• Rick now takes priority traversing through portals if he attempts to spawn a second portal while another fighter is entering the first portal

Shaggy
• Ground Up Attack
• - Hitstun reduced
• Ground Down Special
• + Sandwiches no longer collide with the bottom of fall-through platforms
• Air Up Special
• - Damage reduced to 9 from 10; ground up special unchanged
• - Knockback reduced to 1400 from 1500; ground up special unchanged
• ~ Knockback made more horizontal
• Hangry Man Perk
• - Charge duration while holding a sandwich extended

Steven Universe
Steven’s long range and low whiff-recovery has made him feel incredibly oppressive in close fights. His low whiff-recovery combos pair particularly well with his bubble shield passive making it very difficult to punish Steven when he makes a mistake. These changes target his range and whiff-recovery to bring him more in-line with the rest of the cast.
• General
• * Fixed an issue where Steven’s enemies could stack rose debuff on themselves by hitting each other
• * Fixed an issue where dodge attack momentum was not properly conserved on grounded attacks
• Passive
• - Neutral dodge shield start-up increased to 20 frames from 8 frames; this adds a vulnerable window after a neutral dodge before shield begins
• - Directional dodge shield start-up increased to 10 frames from 4 frames
• - Bubble shield ammo cooldown increased to 13 seconds from 5 seconds
• Ground Up Attack
• - Charge knockback multiplier reduced
• ~ Hitbox size adjusted so it is less likely for Steven to hit enemies behind him
• Air Neutral Attack
• ~ Attack no longer classified as a “projectile” hit, meaning it can no longer proc projectile effects like the “That’s Flammable, Doc!” perk
• Air Down Attack
• - Hitbox start-up delayed 1 frame
• - Repeat-move lockout increased to 16 frames from 8 frames
• ~ Spawned shield no longer counts as “solid ground” for beginning up special cooldown
• Air/Ground Up Special
• - Now takes damage on fighter terrain bounce and will break after 3 bounces; behavior matches side special shield
• Ground Down Special
• * Fixed an issue where the animation would not cancel if Steven became airborne during the attack
• Air Down Special
• - Hitbox size reduced once Steven has landed on the ground

Stripe
• General
• * Fixed an issue where Stripe’s hurtboxes would be misaligned during dodge animations
• ~ Now begins a 5-second explosion timer once equipped
• * Fixed an issue where the dynamite would not visually appear in Stripe’s hands if the equip animation was interrupted

Superman
• “Flaming Re-Entry” Signature Perk Returns!
• Perk effect: “Superman's leap attack is stronger and ignites enemies. The landing from the attack leaves a firewall on the ground.”
• Ground Up Attack
• - Hitstun reduced
• - No longer infuses projectiles with ice above 6 stacks
• Air Side Special
• * Fixed an issue where Superman would drop a fighter if the button was released too early
• * Fixed an issue where grabbed fighters could get stuck to Superman if he grabbed a wall
• Air Up Special
• * Fixed an issue where Superman would float away while attacking certain conditions
• “Break The Ice” Perk
• * Fixed an issue where bonus damage was not being applied to frozen enemies

Taz
• Ground Dash Attack
• + First hit more reliably combos into second hit
• Ground Side Attack 1
• * Fixed an issue preventing Taz from doing actions other than side attack after jab 1
• Ground Neutral Attack
• + Damage from charge increased
• + Uncharged knockback increased to 1450 from 1200
• + Uncharged knockback scaling increased to 20 from 12.5
• - Hitstun reduced slightly
• ~ Knockback made more vertical
• - On-hit branch window delayed 7 frames
• Ground Up Attack
• ~ First hit prevents terrain bounce on knockback; final hit unchanged
• Air Neutral Attack
• - Charge damage multiplier reduced; maximum damage after both hits reduced to 19 from 29
• Air Side Attack
• + Hitbox size increased 20%
• Air Down Attack
• + Second hit damage increased to 8 from 4
• + Second hit knockback increased to 1250 from 440
• + Second hit knockback scaling increased to 22 from 17
• Ground/Air Neutral Special
• ~ Now applies incapacitate-resistance buff to incapacitated enemies
• * Fixed an issue where Taz could get stuck in an eat loop indefinitely until he was hit

Tom & Jerry
• General
• + Jump 1 speed increased
• + Jump 2 speed and height increased
• Passive
• * Fixed a visual arrow indicator meant to show Jerry’s location when Jerry is off-screen
• Air/Ground Up Special
• * Fixed an issue where Jerry cooldown would not start if Jerry died while attached to a rocket

The Joker
• General
• - Ground side dodge distance reduced 10%
• Ground Side Attack 1
• ~ Hitbox size adjusted so it is less likely for The Joker to hit enemies behind him
• ~ Diamond card now properly comes to a stop after colliding with terrain
• Air Up Attack
• - Now applies repeat-move lockout for 8 frames
• Air Side Special
• - On-hit branch window delayed 10 frames
• Air/Ground Up Special
• * Fixed an issue where riding the balloon would immediately ringout the rider
• Air Down Special
• - Repeat-move lockout increased to 15 frames from 8 frames
• Joker’s Wild Perk
• - Knockback scaling reduced to 21 from 27

Velma
These are the changes we were referring to after our Velma changes in the 1.02 patch. We hope to address some of the worst bugs impacting Velma players and also give her some strength in her zoning tools.
• General
• * Fixed an issue where Velma could get stuck to any fighter that grabbed Velma under certain conditions
• Passive
• * Fixed an issue where evidence would stop randomly spawning on the map after Velma was rung out.
• Ground Side Attack 1
• + On-whiff branch window advanced 4 frames
• Ground Side Attack 2
• + On-whiff branch window advanced 4 frames
• Ground Up Attack
• + Velma can now hold forward to slide forward during attack start-up
• + Velma can now aim the megaphone
• ~ Branch windows now standardized for both air and ground versions
• ~ “Heyyy” projectile hurtbox size increased to match hitbox size. Should address issues with inconsistent projectile interactions.
• + All speech bubble types no longer collide with fall-through platforms
• Ground Side Special
• + Minimum charge run speed increased
• - Knockback reduced to 2300 from 2500
• + Knockback scaling increased to 9 from 0
• * Fixed an issue where Velma could run off the screen if the ground was destroyed beneath her while running
• Air Side Special
• ~ Now ignores player collisions during movement
• Air Up Special
• + Now has a chance to spawn evidence
• Ground Down Special (Mystery Machine)
• * Fixed an issue where Velma could fall to her death if the ground was destroyed beneath her while summoning the Mystery Machine

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman has been feeling a little strong since the official launch. We want her to keep her identify as the easy-to-pickup, armor tank, but in that vein we don’t think she should be able to score ringouts easier than the rest of the cast. These changes should make her feel a little easier to play against while slightly toning down her KO power.
• Passive
• ~ Blocking a projectile will only charge Wonder Woman’s passive if the projectile has an active hitbox. This will fix issues where Wonder Woman could gain a full passive charge from projectiles like Jerry or Bugs’ Safe
• Ground Up Attack
• - On-hit branch window delayed 3 frames
• Ground Down Attack
• - Additional damage from passive charge reduced
• - Additional knockback from passive charge reduced
• - Self-applied armor now falls off after the hitbox ends; ally armor unchanged.
• Air Side Attack
• - On-whiff branch window delayed 2 frames
• - Damage reduced to 9 from 11
• - Knockback scaling reduced to 19 from 20.5
• +Knockback increased to 1350 from 1250
• Base knockback was increased to account for the lower knockback from the reduced damage
• Air Down Attack
• ~ Reduced duration visually in attack pose; branch windows and hitbox timing unchanged
• * Fixed an issue where lasso could sometimes be reflected; lasso is not reflectable
• Ground Side Special
• - Self-applied armor now falls off after the initial dash; ally armor unchanged
• - Repeat-move lockout increased to 18 frames from 8 frames
• * Fixed an issue where the self-imposed slow while holding the shield could be cleansed
• Ground Up Special
• - Hitbox start-up delayed 2 frames
• Air Up Special
• - Knockback angle made more diagonal; ground up special knockback unchanged
• - Hitbox start-up delayed 2 frames
• ~ Updated movement after launch to prevent Wonder Woman from falling too quickly
• - Cooldown increased to 33 seconds from 28 seconds
• “Shield of Athena” Perk
• * Fixed an issue where Wonder Woman could block ally projectiles

We hope that you’re as excited as we are for all of the changes heading to MultiVersus in v1.05 following a brief maintenance. Be sure to let us know your thoughts by joining our awesome community on our social channels. We’ll be back with more updates soon. Stay tuned!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Patch Notes from the Multiversus Discord:

• Added a daily free item available to be collected in the Store.
???

This certainly stuck out. I'm curious on what this is for exactly. Cause I don't want to believe the thought that they are willing to hand out a free cosmetic item from the store, even the uncommon ones. Like that would be cool, but like, that can't be what this is referring to, right?

Edit: Just to be on the very safe side, it's probably best to not start your game in the morning until after the patch comes out at 12 PM EST and after Maintenance is done.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Player First Games... Please...

How can I earn Agent Smith as early as July 8th.. when there aren't enough rifts to earn him?!?

Faso115

Smash Lord
i have 15 rifts done, so it will take tomorrow's rift and the other rift next monday on all difficulties to get him

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm on 15 Rifts done. If there's only 3 difficulties for tomorrow's Rift, I'll reach 18 and then the following week with the Age of Smith Rift, that'll give me an additional 3 Rifts to reach and pass Smith by one extra.

If anything, the fear is what happens when the 8th Rift comes. Assuming the past Rifts don't get the missing difficulties, that means needing to do Looney difficulty on 6 Rifts to get the last 6 items on the Smith event. Thankfully, you don't need to do Looney to get Smith, but if the past Rifts don't get their missing difficulties, you'll need LVL 9 Gems to get the Gleamium and the Matrix skins for Wonder Woman, Jake and Smith. Which some people won't be able to do. :urg:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How did you guys get 15 rifts? There are several intermediate rifts that's are locked for me.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Besides doing all the Daily quests in the Rifts, I was able to get the Rift Cauldrons for the Detective Rift and the Jason Rift thanks to Character Rotations(and buying Velma) and getting the Rift Cauldrons on the higher difficulties give alot of Gem EXP for Gems. Unlike the Joker Rift, the Detective Rift and the Jason Rift Cauldrons can be gotten without Co-op. Also, getting Challenges done in the Rifts can get you boxes that give a bunch of Gem EXP too, especially on the higher difficulties.

But basically constantly doing that eventually got me the difficulties for Crushing on the first and then getting the EXP stuff from the Crushing difficulty challenges, and the Rift Cauldrons on the Detective Rift as well as one Cauldron from the Joker Rift, would get me the EXP to do Insanity Mode for the Dexter and Surf's Up Rifts. It's timely, but doing the Daily Rift stuff everyday and making sure you do any challenges that involve characters you get on the Character rotation to help get you Rift boxes and Cauldrons, will get you to the newer difficulties eventually.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I feel like I'm going insane. Are you guys able to play rifts 4 and 5 on "experienced" because they are blocked out for me. I beat the same rifts on crushing though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel like I'm going insane. Are you guys able to play rifts 4 and 5 on "experienced" because they are blocked out for me. I beat the same rifts on crushing though.
I think your Math is just off at the moment. There's no Insanity on Rifts 1, 2 and 3, only Easy, Experienced and Crushing. There's no Experienced on Rifts 4 and 5, so there's Easy, Crushing and Insanity. Looney is not available until July 10th. So each one has 3 Rifts currently available right now and we've done 15.

5 Rifts X 3 difficulties = 15. Okay? Let's calm down and try to relax.

Edit: While trying to calm down, a look at the Rift updates since I got distracted by the one particular note involving the shop item.
  • “Rift Cauldrons” are now called “Rift Star Meters.” Star Meters can now be completed by collecting 72% of available stars in a Rift, down from 80%. Players who have already completed 72% of available stars can claim their rewards retroactively by completing a node in the relevant Rift.
  • Daily Gem Rewards now appear on a Rift of each attunement each day.
  • Added a new button to auto-equip gems before the match if currently equipped gems are mismatched.
  • Added a new button to retry a Rift node when the Rift is completed in single-player mode.
  • Added a new button to leave Rift matches when in single-player mode.
  • Defeated Boss requirements have been lowered to unlock Matrix Code Superman, Matrix Code Bugs Bunny, and Matrix Code Jake variants.
So something that's good about this is that Rift Cauldrons, now called Star Meters, only require 72% of the available stars in a Rift down from 80%. And people who completed 72% can claim them by just completing a node in the relevant Rift. This should allow everybody to be able to get the Joker Rift Star Meters, which absolutely messed with people by having that one Star that could only be gotten by breaking the partner out of a bubble, which could only be done in Co-op.
Another good thing is that since the Requirement is lower, some of the notable Nodes that require a certain outfit, like the 2 Space Jam missions in the Dexter's Lab Rift that requires either a Looney Toons character with a Space Jam outfit or Lebron James, but one of the stars requires that you use a Looney Toons character with a Space Jam skin, should now be able to be skipped. You can't avoid all of the Stars that require certain costumes or characters, but at least now you can focus on getting the ones you can do, meaning that people should be able to complete the Dexter Lab Rift.
The Daily Gem Rewards appearing on a Rift of each Attunement either means that the 5 Daily Gem rewards are going to be now split between a Chaos, Digital and Horror Rift(like 2 in a Chaos Rift, 2 in a Digital Rift and 1 in a Horror Rift) or there will now be 5 Daily Gem Rewards in each a Chaos Rift, a Digital Rift and a Horror Rift, which would mean more Daily Gem Rewards to do, but allow you to get equal EXP for all of your Gems each day. If the latter, that plus the Cauldron/Star Meter changes should help level Gems up much easier and give everybody a big boost of Gem EXP to get much closer to Level 9 Gems.

All in all, very good QOL features and I'm curious on where Superman, Bugs and Jake's skins are going to be on the Event requirement, as their skins were past Agent Smith on his Event ladder.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think your Math is just off at the moment. There's no Insanity on Rifts 1, 2 and 3, only Easy, Experienced and Crushing. There's no Experienced on Rifts 4 and 5, so there's Easy, Crushing and Insanity. Looney is not available until July 10th. So each one has 3 Rifts currently available right now and we've done 15.

5 Rifts X 3 difficulties = 15. Okay? Let's calm down and try to relax.
Okay I wasn't actually going insane. I'm good my dude.

I just wasn't aware that rifts 4 and 5 had Insanity as an option.

Please... never do anything like Agent Smith ever again. This sucked so bad, a character on the face of the game marketing someone we can unlock only for us to wait until the tail end of Season 1 to have him. How awful... Hopefully this and us having a month for bare minimum beta features will be the last of the dark ages whenever Ranked/Season 2 comes out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I had my problems but I think it's safe to say that Multiversus is a straight-up upgrade compared to the beta version. Even if the wait for new characters seems to be pretty long, I'm fine with it if it's gonna allow the team to fine-tune the game to this extend.

Still not a fan of how Rifts are balanced though.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
The new event has a mission where you need to play 2 matches with a Scooby-Doo character wearing the shark hat. Pretty annoyed at this cuz the shark hat boxes are RNG.

Just got Shark Hat Jake by the way.

Top Bottom