• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
Ok so it seems the standard is going to be 3 characters per season? Cause if that's the case then couple with the alleged post by fumo leaks, next season should be:

Beetlejuice (Rift reward/Confirmed), Samurai Jack (rumored/Battlepass character is my guess) and PPG (Rumored/ Character you have to buy for 6k points)
4 if you count Banana Guard

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I didn't expect Over The Garden Wall to get any kind of content at all. Now it might possibly get a character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Adventure Time have a second stage hidden in the files?
Yes. IIRC there were strings pointing to a Candy Kingdom stage.

What's the current max character number?
C040. This is the current list. Bolded entries are the currently unadded characters.
C001 - Wonder Woman
C002 - Shaggy
C003 - Superman
C004 - Batman
C005 - Jake
C006 - Arya
C007 - Bugs Bunny
C008 - Harley Quinn
C009 - Reindog
C010 - Tom and Jerry
C011 - Steven Universe
C012 - Garnet
C013 - Finn
C014 - Velma
C015 - Taz
C016 - LeBron James
C017 - Iron Giant
C018 - Marvin the Martian
C019 - Morty
C020 - Rick
C021 - Black Adam
C022 - Wicked Witch
C023A - Gizmo
C023B - Stripe
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia
C028 - Joker
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C032 - ???
C033 - ??? (implied to be Ruby Rose due to petal effects)
C034 - Banana Guard
C035 - Jason
C036 - Agent Smith
C037 - ???
C038 - ???
C039 - ???
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks
crow - Gandalf
seasons - Daffy Duck

In addition, two of the four True Unknowns are implied to be Scooby-Doo and Dexter. The other two are truly up in the air. One may be Daenerys, but again, we'll see.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes. IIRC there were strings pointing to a Candy Kingdom stage.

C040. This is the current list. Bolded entries are the currently unadded characters.
C001 - Wonder Woman
C002 - Shaggy
C003 - Superman
C004 - Batman
C005 - Jake
C006 - Arya
C007 - Bugs Bunny
C008 - Harley Quinn
C009 - Reindog
C010 - Tom and Jerry
C011 - Steven Universe
C012 - Garnet
C013 - Finn
C014 - Velma
C015 - Taz
C016 - LeBron James
C017 - Iron Giant
C018 - Marvin the Martian
C019 - Morty
C020 - Rick
C021 - Black Adam
C022 - Wicked Witch
C023A - Gizmo
C023B - Stripe
C024 - Beetlejuice
C025 - Raven
C026 - Samurai Jack
C027 - Nubia

C028 - Joker
C029 - Aquaman
C030 - Powerpuff Girls
C031 - Marceline
C032 - ???
C033 - ??? (implied to be Ruby Rose due to petal effects)

C034 - Banana Guard
C035 - Jason
C036 - Agent Smith
C037 - ???
C038 - ???
C039 - ???
C040 - Mr. Meeseeks
crow - Gandalf
seasons - Daffy Duck

In addition, two of the four True Unknowns are implied to be Scooby-Doo and Dexter. The other two are truly up in the air. One may be Daenerys, but again, we'll see.
.... god damd it why Mr. Meeseeks!?!

Also Nubia. That is just a skin.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
.... god damd it why Mr. Meeseeks!?!

Also Nubia. That is just a skin.
She has her own character slot in the data. There's a very strong chance she was upgraded from being a skin. This is also supported by the fact that there are text strings tied to her getting her own version of things like the Shark Hat and Matrix Code skins, which other skin-only characters like Fern, Cake, and Uncle Shagworthy don't get.

Everything is pointing to her having been upgraded.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Correct me if wrong, but isn't Meeseeks currently an unplayable training dummy?
He is, which is likely why he's the furthest in the code. It's also just always possible he's made fully playable during another dry spell, similarly to how Banana Guard was an upgraded NPC. IIRC dataminers found unused animations that the dummy version explicitly doesn't use, which supports this.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
He is, which is likely why he's the furthest in the code. It's also just always possible he's made fully playable during another dry spell, similarly to how Banana Guard was an upgraded NPC. IIRC dataminers found unused animations that the dummy version explicitly doesn't use, which supports this.
I would chalk it up to failsafing in case someone tweaked the code to make him controllable, but that would probably giving them too much credit.

I'm just remembering how Jump Ultimate Stars had a set of "Koma-Men" be training dummies with full programmed movesets but were unusable as characters without using an Action Replay, so it made me think of that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Correct me if wrong, but isn't Meeseeks currently an unplayable training dummy?
He could still be stored in the game's files in a similar format to playable characters, like how there are glitches in Melee that let you play as Master Hand.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
She has her own character slot in the data. There's a very strong chance she was upgraded from being a skin. This is also supported by the fact that there are text strings tied to her getting her own version of things like the Shark Hat and Matrix Code skins, which other skin-only characters like Fern, Cake, and Uncle Shagworthy don't get.

Everything is pointing to her having been upgraded.
OK but why? She's literally just Wonder Woman with a different skin tone.

Unless they use her to keep Wonder Woman's old moveset in the game and completely re-do the original's kit to de-emphasize the Sword and Shield and re-emphasize her unique/classic/iconic elements (the lasso, the tiara, FLYING, and bouncing bullets off her bracelets) then I really don't see the point in doing her. Unless like... corporate mandated it or something.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think it's possible our next season may be a 4 character one, knowing what we know now.

Aquaman, Jack, PPG, and Beetlejuice. I think that'd be a decent lineup. Though, to be perfectly honest, I really hope Ruby comes in early, because I don't want her cut and I want to see what she can do in a platfighter.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's possible our next season may be a 4 character one, knowing what we know now.

Aquaman, Jack, PPG, and Beetlejuice. I think that'd be a decent lineup. Though, to be perfectly honest, I really hope Ruby comes in early, because I don't want her cut and I want to see what she can do in a platfighter.
Gandalf and Daffy are also HIGH priority for me. IMO they should have been launch fighters and they need a rush put on their inclusion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly I could see Aquaman being saved for the start of season three, mostly because of one other character who is absolutely going to be a season three character.

We know the comic is going to feature the Wicked Witch and it launches in mid September. The entire reason the comic has been delayed is because she hasn't been announced for the game yet. So she's almost certainly a season three character.

My hail mary guess is that both Aquaman and the Wicked Witch will be season three characters so they can pull off a joke about the Wicked Witch fighting a water themed superhero lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
My hail mary guess is that both Aquaman and the Wicked Witch will be season three characters so they can pull off a joke about the Wicked Witch fighting a water themed superhero lol.
Add Scooby-Doo to that line-up to get in an extra "I'll get you and your Dog too!" joke too. A trailer having Shaggy and Scooby being chased by the Wicked Witch to be saved by Aquaman? The jokes and references practically write themselves in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think they've adjusted the Crushing difficulty for rifts, because I was actually able to beat the first rift on Crushing now. (they also adjusted the number of side objectives required to unlock a Rift Cauldron, which was a pleasant surprise)

I like how, over time, they've been making the requirements more reasonable and adding more ways for players to gain progress on things like the Battlepass. It feels like they're listening to the players and making it less difficult to get into the game. (even if some of the limited missions have very tight timing; it would be nice if they gave an extra day or two in case people can't log in every single day)

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think they've adjusted the Crushing difficulty for rifts, because I was actually able to beat the first one now. (they also adjusted the number of side objectives required to unlock a Rift Cauldron, which was a pleasant surprise)

I like how, over time, they've been making the requirements more reasonable and adding more ways for players to gain progress on things like the Battlepass. It feels like they're listening to the players and making it less difficult to get into the game. (even if some of the limited missions have very tight timing; it would be nice if they gave an extra day or two in case people can't log in every single day)
Yeah, the changes for Rifts and making it easier to get Rift Cauldrons(now called Rift Star Meters) to make it easier to level up Gems to get into higher difficulties is good for those trying to get Smith for free.
Also, a couple things I don't think the Patch notes mentioned. They added in an extra Daily mission to Daily Missions. It used to be 6 before the update. Now it's 7 Daily Missions, so if you do all 7 Daily Missions every week, you get alot more XP for the Battlepass per week than you did before the Patch since you now can do 49 Daily Missions and you hit the Daily Completion marks a few extra times. Also, the "Win 3 PVP Battles" Daily was changed to "Play 3 PVP Battles", making it easier to do the PVP Battle Daily mission. The "Win 6 PVP Battles" Weekly is still around though.

OK but why? She's literally just Wonder Woman with a different skin tone.

Unless they use her to keep Wonder Woman's old moveset in the game and completely re-do the original's kit to de-emphasize the Sword and Shield and re-emphasize her unique/classic/iconic elements (the lasso, the tiara, FLYING, and bouncing bullets off her bracelets) then I really don't see the point in doing her. Unless like... corporate mandated it or something.
Nubia has lots of unique abilities and moments that WW in MVS isn't representing. They aren't using her to "redo" any kind of kits, that'd be a tremendous waste of resources, the more likely option is that Nubia will be a filler character to sell easy skins and take up a spot during a dry spell like Banana Guard was. Maybe like a semi-clone or something.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’ve been playing the new Megalodog rift and I beat it on the current highest available difficulty. They really aren’t making it easy for me, with all these 1v2 nodes. I also have no idea how you’re supposed to beat the boss without leveling up your gems a lot past the base requirement, so I found a way to cheese it ahaha.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
when, if ever, are they going to make experienced difficulty available in rifts 4-6?
Nubia has lots of unique abilities and moments that WW in MVS isn't representing. They aren't using her to "redo" any kind of kits, that'd be a tremendous waste of resources, the more likely option is that Nubia will be a filler character to sell easy skins and take up a spot during a dry spell like Banana Guard was. Maybe like a semi-clone or something.
I just want WW's moveset to be more reflective of.. you know... Wonder Woman. And not a genneric sword and shield user. And I snuck that sentiment into my complaints about them adding Nubia. Like, I know what you're saying is the most likely outcome. I'm just saying I want them to redo like... 90% of Wonder Woman's moveset. And i'd be fine if they gave the current one to Nubia because I don't care for her or Diana's current kit.

Although ideally Wonder Woman would just get the moveset rework and have Nubia just be a skin since she does not need her own space on the roster but... shrugs.

Ivander

Smash Legend
when, if ever, are they going to make experienced difficulty available in rifts 4-6?
It's possible they won't be made available. When I re-read the Experienced and Insanity difficulties, Experienced says something along the lines of "This mode is only in Rifts at the start of the Season." and for Insanity, "This mode is only in mid-season/end-season Rifts".
Thankfully, you aren't required to do Looney to get Agent Smith. With 8 Rifts, you can get to Tier 24 without doing Looney. On the other hand, getting the rest of the Fighter Currency, the Gleamium and the Matrix skins for Jake, Wonder Woman and Smith will require doing Looney in 6 Rifts.
On the plus side for those able to get to Looney when the difficulty comes out, apparently and thankfully, they actually took the feedback regarding the Lives system they were planning for the Looney difficulty and took it out, so no needing to wait for Lives to recover or pay for.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's possible they won't be made available. When I re-read the Experienced and Insanity difficulties, Experienced says something along the lines of "This mode is only in Rifts at the start of the Season." and for Insanity, "This mode is only in mid-season/end-season Rifts".
Thankfully, you aren't required to do Looney to get Agent Smith. With 8 Rifts, you can get to Tier 24 without doing Looney. On the other hand, getting the rest of the Fighter Currency, the Gleamium and the Matrix skins for Jake, Wonder Woman and Smith will require doing Looney in 6 Rifts.
On the plus side for those able to get to Looney when the difficulty comes out, apparently and thankfully, they actually took the feedback regarding the Lives system they were planning for the Looney difficulty and took it out, so no needing to wait for Lives to recover or pay for.
Forget Looney, I can barely do crushing! I’ve tried it in two rifts and I can barely get to it past fight 3. And considering that’s ALL THAT’S AVAILABLE for a second difficulty option in rifts 4-6… let’s just say I’m not a fan. Not having certain difficulties in certain rifts is just a cheap way to keep people from getting the character without spending gleamium or fighter currency.

I just want WW's moveset to be more reflective of.. you know... Wonder Woman. And not a genneric sword and shield user. And I snuck that sentiment into my complaints about them adding Nubia. Like, I know what you're saying is the most likely outcome. I'm just saying I want them to redo like... 90% of Wonder Woman's moveset. And i'd be fine if they gave the current one to Nubia because I don't care for her or Diana's current kit.

Although ideally Wonder Woman would just get the moveset rework and have Nubia just be a skin since she does not need her own space on the roster but... shrugs.
WW has used swords and shields for a long while now. It still reflects her character fine, there's no real reason to redo her kit since it better suits the identity they want for her in MVS regarding her archetype.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
WW has used swords and shields for a long while now. It still reflects her character fine, there's no real reason to redo her kit since it better suits the identity they want for her in MVS regarding her archetype.
Except she doesn’t use dome of her most iconic abilities in favor of just thrusting the shield in two directions and… making a magic spinning barrier… Where’s the tiara? Where’s the bouncing bullets off her bracelets, that could easily be a projectile reflect. Why can’t she fly.

You could give basic sword and shield moves to any character. Have Wonder Woman do things that are unique to her.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why can’t she fly
She does a flying punch for her air side special.

Regardless, she has her lasso, she uses her bracelets, she uses her sword and shield and she uses super strength.

Sure, it's not every ability she has. But it's a pretty good, functional and effective moveset. She's designed to be a supportive tank, one that protects teammates. And Diana fighting to protect others is the most Diana thing out there.

Except she doesn’t use dome of her most iconic abilities in favor of just thrusting the shield in two directions and… making a magic spinning barrier… Where’s the tiara? Where’s the bouncing bullets off her bracelets, that could easily be a projectile reflect. Why can’t she fly.

You could give basic sword and shield moves to any character. Have Wonder Woman do things that are unique to her.
Here's the answer for your questions: For balance and to fit her archetype. Having her directly fly would not only be difficult to balance with the rest of her abilities but flat out defeat what they want for WW. WW is meant to be the basic beginner tank type character. She still uses a lot of things unique to her, as one of her attacks allows her to glide around (Up shield I think) as a balanced version of her flight.

Her "magical spinning barrier" is an attack coming from her bracelets with a dedicated bracelet meter if you tank and block enough attacks. And she uses her lasso and fisticuffs abilities in specials, which is a good chunk of an average MVS character. This is a fine enough compromise while still fitting the supportive weapon tank archetype that only really works for WW. And her being the one designed around simple and efficiently protecting others fits Diana too.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Counch street is genuinely a super cool adition, but if more dlc is on the way I do hope they add more content for smaller franchise or unrepresented franchise, because for now every post launch content was from the big 3 (Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT), which obviously I get it, but it would be nice to give a little bit more to other too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, but Jason being taken off the game was the best part of the patch for me because now I can actually do the Joker missions. :drshrug:

It sounds like you mainly have a problem with the direction DC took Wonder Woman in the last decade or so. Her portrayal in the game is pretty accurate to the recent comics and other media.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
A few notable things:

Gandalf and shockingly the Hulk have textures that have been added to the game. We know Hulk was a consideration early on before they picked a company, so these could just be leftovers, but why add them back?

Agent Smith's rift intro leaked

The layout of the "Mesas" map is here, featuring the skeleton of the Road Runner, I think? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf3bIQaYAIpXwq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
The layout of what I assume will be The Lake: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4WkeXIAAKnrB?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
As well as a stage for of all things, Over the Garden Wall: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRf4ncgaYAMldju?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
And a skin for Jason themed after Beetlejuice: View attachment 391838
what we thought was the lake may actually be a samurai Jack stage that uses time travel to transition

GRf4WkzWUAAqqR3.jpeg

GRf4WlTX0AEhgCr.jpeg

GRf4WmGaMAAEDiF.jpeg

GRf6aN2WYAAeaYg.jpeg

Faso115

Smash Lord
New lines for Bugs this update for Jason, Tom and Jerry, Agent Smith, PPG and Beetlejuice.
Huh makes sense cause of the Foghorn Leghorn announcer which makes me think Eric Bauza is just the go to voice for any Looney Tune guy at this point

Which makes me think they might also have brought him back for Daffy Duck

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Counch street is genuinely a super cool adition, but if more dlc is on the way I do hope they add more content for smaller franchise or unrepresented franchise, because for now every post launch content was from the big 3 (Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT), which obviously I get it, but it would be nice to give a little bit more to other too.
Wrong thread mate

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Just got the Taz shark hat.

Is anyone else having trouble with the insanity difficulty of the latest rift? I just can't beat either 1v2s. The Tom + Reindog fight is constant projectile spam and the other route requires Shark Week hats for all of those, and the ones I got are pretty weak in rifts mode.

Top Bottom