• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I'm honestly fine with waiting a week if it means the patch is going to be good. I get that live service games need a constant stream of new content to keep things fresh but some things just take time.

View attachment 391502

That's a character tag. Dexter's probably coming sooner than we think.
I feel like that mission is still bugged on my part - unless you need to do it on PVP mode and Rifts don't count.

Eh, I'm honestly fine with waiting a week if it means the patch is going to be good. I get that live service games need a constant stream of new content to keep things fresh but some things just take time.

I feel like that mission is still bugged on my part - unless you need to do it on PVP mode and Rifts don't count.
Disagree, I don't think bare minimum features that were in alpha tests needed to take 4-5 weeks. That's ludicrous.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
My guess is that Agent Smith was supposed to be released at this point, but they didn't expect to have a launch this problematic (with people complaining about the slow battle pass, disconnection problems, missing features and Iron giant needing balance work asap), so they schedule is probably slower than what expected. We also know that Aquaman has a shark week skin, so he was probably originally planned to come in the coming days or something. So my guess is that they originally wanted a characters every 2 or 3 weeks, but the launch problems slowed things down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My guess is that Agent Smith was supposed to be released at this point, but they didn't expect to have a launch this problematic (with people complaining about the slow battle pass, disconnection problems, missing features and Iron giant needing balance work asap), so they schedule is probably slower than what expected. We also know that Aquaman has a shark week skin, so he was probably originally planned to come in the coming days or something. So my guess is that they originally wanted a characters every 2 or 3 weeks, but the launch problems slowed things down.
I'm not so sure. It's not even possible to earn Smith yet. I think it's just a slow pace.

Although Aquaman may be released in spite of Smith not being out yet.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm not so sure. It's not even possible to earn Smith yet. I think it's just a slow pace.
Smith needs 20 rifts cleared to unlock. There are 5 rifts each with 3 difficulties. Max is 15 right now.

Next week may be a Shark Week related rift based on the text used in the tweet announcing no rift this week.

Assuming we get a rift the week after as well, I think the second week of July will be when Smith becomes unlockable, assuming all difficulties were cleared across 6 rifts and any two were done in the 7th.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Did they make Dexter's Lab less frequent in matchmaking? I need to play 5 matches on that map for a weekly mission, but I've only gotten it twice in 4 hours. The Dexter's Lab in rifts doesn't count either, so I'm kinda stuck with 6/7 weekly missions completed at the moment.

Very annoying since I'm really close with the battle pass.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got the Moonwalk taunt for Jason, at least, so anything else on the Battle Pass is a bonus. (at least Jason X seems attainable now)

Does anyone have tips for the Rifts on Crushing difficulty? It feels like, no matter which rift I try, I reach a point about 1/3 or 1/2 way through where the opponents become virtually impossible to beat even with appropriately-leveled gems and a 400% attack bonus. (my attacks deal barely any damage while the enemy computer characters can KO me in 2-3 combos, and there are cases like the Black Lantern Superman and Wonder Woman fight where the entire enemy team gets super armour on a regular basis)

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
I just got the Moonwalk taunt for Jason, at least, so anything else on the Battle Pass is a bonus. (at least Jason X seems attainable now)

Does anyone have tips for the Rifts on Crushing difficulty? It feels like, no matter which rift I try, I reach a point about 1/3 or 1/2 way through where the opponents become virtually impossible to beat even with appropriately-leveled gems and a 400% attack bonus. (my attacks deal barely any damage while the enemy computer characters can KO me in 2-3 combos, and there are cases like the Black Lantern Superman and Wonder Woman fight where the entire enemy team gets super armour on a regular basis)
Basically try to find a character u can cheese with a kill towards the top blast zone cause playing normally is not worth it and the CPU is actually really ez to juggle. Once you have around 5 o 6 gem level crushing becomes a breeze so it's a matter of leveling.

Doing your dailies on the hardest difficulty helps a lot

Ivander

Smash Legend

Shaggy is decent for doing ladder combos that the AI has issues with sometimes.

If you have Steven, use his Up special to summon his shield as a platform in a decently far part of the map with no ground below(if you use your double jump, you'll need to use your dodge and another up attack to get on), for some reason, the AI will try to get you, but will mostly fail and make no attempt to get back to the main level and just KO themselves. Steven's shield does not last forever, so you do need to go to the main platform and recharge your shield before you can do the trick again. But it's an effective cheese strat for higher difficulties.

And yeah, when doing the Rift dailies, you need to do the highest difficulty you have for the best EXP you can get for levelling up your Gems.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Shaggy is decent for doing ladder combos that the AI has issues with sometimes.

If you have Steven, use his Up special to summon his shield as a platform in a decently far part of the map with no ground below(if you use your double jump, you'll need to use your dodge and another up attack to get on), for some reason, the AI will try to get you, but will mostly fail and make no attempt to get back to the main level and just KO themselves. Steven's shield does not last forever, so you do need to go to the main platform and recharge your shield before you can do the trick again. But it's an effective cheese strat for higher difficulties.

And yeah, when doing the Rift dailies, you need to do the highest difficulty you have for the best EXP you can get for levelling up your Gems.
Okay, sounds good. It reminds me of the Cruel Melee strategies in Smash (I can't remember which game it was specifically, but I want to say Brawl) where you choose Jigglypuff and fly below the stage to lure enemies off of it. Kind of a shame that I might have to do that just to get past the third difficulty out of five (this game's equivalent of "Normal" difficulty), but it is what it is.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

As others suggested, burst movement is key.

I personally used Banana Guard to beat the Wonder Woman / Superman combo.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I forgot to mention this recently, but I think we have a character from GoT confirmed for the future. In the Surf's Up Rift, there's a match where one of the five missions is "Play a Game of Thrones Character". They could have just said "Play as Arya Stark" like there are for Joker and dailies for Shaggy, but they didn't.

I mean it was pretty obvious, but you know, something to note.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those wondering how hard Insanity difficulty is, I’m on the mission where you fight Harley in the Computer rift.

Because one condition of the battle is she deals AOE damage, she can rack up over 100 damage. In one move.

Edit: It’s worse. She ended up giving me almost 200 in one move. Effectively a instant KO

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Insanity is manageable if ur gems are level 8, so the trick is having gems 1 level above the bare minimum to acess the difficulty. It's still pretty difficult but not insane

I also beat all rifts available so im just patiently waiting for next week at least having 2 rifts to unlock smith

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those wondering how hard Insanity difficulty is, I’m on the mission where you fight Harley in the Computer rift.

Because one condition of the battle is she deals AOE damage, she can rack up over 100 damage. In one move.

Edit: It’s worse. She ended up giving me almost 200 in one move. Effectively a instant KO
Yeah, the Harley one really sucks when trying to do the Looney Toons character challenge. It's easy to cheese her with Steven thankfully, allowing you to get the "Have less than 200 damage" challenge without too much issue.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have come to a grand realization.

Banana Guard's broken move is not his side special.

It is his Fair.

That is all.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Man they really love the joker for quest, if i didn't buy the annoying clown after grinding the required 6k i would have been screwed.

Oh and rolled a quest that needs beach arya. P2W lets go!

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yeah, the event mission requiring Arya's skin is scummy, although the last Events we did, I noticed we did get additional quests even after you do enough quests to get the last Event item, so if we get additional quests that aren't as needy as the one that requires Ayra's skin and allow people who don't have specific skins to still get the last Event item, I can give them some slack. But still, quests that require specific skins you need to pay for are not cool regardless.

Edit: Just finished the Battlepass fully and I have gotten Uber Jason. Here's hoping I get a good amount of Fighter Currency and some Gleamium from the Bonus rewards tier.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Finished the Battle Pass today and got Uber Jason. I'll probably play the game a lot less now, but I'll still hop in for events and daily log in rewards.

Speaking of which, what did you guys get from the new Shark Week event as your first reward? I got Shark Hat Batman.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I haven’t opened the game yet to get one. Hoping for Bugs.

Also I’m happy no one here got the “you get nothing” from the boxes glitch.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I haven’t opened the game yet to get one. Hoping for Bugs.

Also I’m happy no one here got the “you get nothing” from the boxes glitch.
Yeah, by what I heard, those who got "nothing" got a Steven Universe shark hat. Whether it's for Steven or Garnet, I'm not entirely sure.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Yeah, by what I heard, those who got "nothing" got a Steven Universe shark hat. Whether it's for Steven or Garnet, I'm not entirely sure.
There's something weird going on with Steven. Not only this, but as far as I know he's the only character without a tooniverse alt. I don't really care but it's unusual.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I got Shark Hat Arya. I don't have Arya unlocked and I probably won't have her unlocked anytime soon, so that isn't super useful...

Ivander

Smash Legend
I would like to get the Banana Guard Shark hat, since Banana Guard has one, but I don't think anybody's gotten it from the event, so it's possible Banana Guard's shark hat is not part of the event like Harley's shark hat.

That said, I got Shaggy's and looking at the other ones, the ones I'm hoping for are Bugs, Marvin, Velma, Finn, Wonder Woman and Stripe.

kylexv

Smash Master
I got Velma today :(

There's reports of people getting nothing from their reward today, which is very odd. However, I'm pretty sure the bugged reward is meant to be the shark hat skin for Steven.

In the game's files, every character has a Tooniverse, Matrix, and Shark Hat variant...except Steven. His are straight up not in the game right now.
...I guess this will be fixed in next week's patch?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Speaking of the patch, there's going to be a patch preview on Monday in the official Discord server.

As always, I’ll share details here.

Top Bottom