• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still NOTHING for Wonder Woman? Ffs she's ruining the game, nerf her already
This was a hotfix not a full-on balance patch. They already said they’ve got her nerfs in the works in 1.04 notes

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Still NOTHING for Wonder Woman? Ffs she's ruining the game, nerf her already
Calm down. This is very clearly a glitch patch, not a balancing patch. Most of the changes were to prevent Iron Giant from pulling the 0 to death shenanigans.

Gosh man. 3 weeks and they still don't even have half of the bare minimum features that beta, hell, even the alpha had.

Grim. They gotta get results and fast ngl.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Let’s see if this patch actually reduced disconnection rates.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Man, I just want some Jake buffs. I miss how fun and smooth he felt in the beta.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wonder Woman has been just as intrusive and can easily zero to death people. So can a lot of other characters.
Yes and some things are easier to fix than others. From what they've said, Wonder Woman is going to need a full balance patch to address. That's a lot less simple than the Iron Giant having a braindead zero-to-death that anyone can execute.

One is a quick fix. The other may as well be a full rework.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wonder Woman has been just as intrusive and can easily zero to death people. So can a lot of other characters.
I mean, what do you want them to do? Not update the game at all until they completely balance the entire roster?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, what do you want them to do? Not update the game at all until they completely balance the entire roster?
Playtest their game and not release characters with infinites

Actually address the problematic characters that can sneeze on you to kill you before worrying about buffing underpowered ones

Don't release a balance patch knowing characters are causing problems without addressing them

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Actually address the problematic characters that can sneeze on you to kill you before worrying about buffing underpowered ones

Don't release a balance patch knowing characters are causing problems without addressing them
You could’ve just posted “yes” and accomplish just as much without answering the question in a way that displays your blatant ignorance.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You could’ve just posted “yes” and accomplish just as much without answering the question in a way that displays your blatant ignorance.
Or you could idk expect better than the rotten trash you're being fed.

Unless you're part of the dev team, I suggest you don't try to call other people ignorant. You're just being an arrogant prick at that point. There was absolutely no need to make some sort of personal attack

I'm a Velma player and she was garbage at launch, but I'd much rather her buffs come later after addressing the blatantly overpowered characters instead of them leaving them for later and forcing players to live with another week of fighting Black Adam and Wonder Woman every other match because they're literally broken

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or you could idk expect better than the rotten trash you're being fed.
Personally I’m enjoying the game and don’t see it as trash.

I know absent features are coming because of the dev’s comments. I’m smart enough to not buy the predatory MTX WB Games pushes. The gameplay is good enough to keep me hooked and has been that way since they let you gain XP from PVP. It’s been getting nothing but better since launch.

Unless you're part of the dev team, I suggest you don't try to call other people ignorant. You're just being an arrogant prick at that point. There was absolutely no need to make some sort of personal attack
That’s hypocritical of you to say considering you’re explaining how a small dev team should fix the game here:

So… :132:?

I'm a Velma player and she was garbage at launch, but I'd much rather her buffs come later after addressing the blatantly overpowered characters instead of them leaving them for later and forcing players to live with another week of fighting Black Adam and Wonder Woman every other match because they're literally broken

They may be super strong and oppressive but they aren’t “literally broken”.

You won’t calm down and you see all criticism as a personal attack, when in reality you’re taking the game itself way too personally. If you find the idea of waiting for the devs to finish the balance patch so much, why not just take a break until it arrives?

You’re being like this rn:
1718822233892.jpeg

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That’s hypocritical of you to say considering you’re explaining how a small dev team should fix the game here:
You literally called me ignorant, that's the part that I'm calling a personal attack. I literally did not tell you to not enjoy the game, all I said was that if a character is too strong that they are negatively affecting people's enjoyment of the game - feel free to check reddit or twitter as I am far from the only person upset about the state of WW - then it should be top priority to nerf. I don't see them taking her out even though she also had an infinite, same with Black Adam.

You're white knighting the dev team. I never insulted them, nor did I say anything to attack your character or theirs, but you chose to call me a name instead of keeping it civil. All I did was say they should have playtested their game better, and reorganize their priorities. That is not an insult, that is asking for them to be better with their game's balance. You're the aggressor here, dude.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The latest rift has a bunch of unreleased skins. Off the top of my head, there's an unreleased Arya, LeBron, Garnet, Velma, and Jake. I know the latter is part of the unreleased Shark Week event, but I wonder why they haven't released the other four yet. They aren't the kinda fillery skins like the Jason Masks or the Joker Shirts, they're full new costumes.

I also think it's kinda lame that there aren't any characters who have a built-in "Beach Ready", like how Joker and LeBron have built in Sports Attire. Aquaman probably will, but he's not out yet. If anyone had to get it, Steven seems like the obvious choice - he lives in Beach City, he's wearing flip flops, he summons Watermelons, that's Beach to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You literally called me ignorant, that's the part that I'm calling a personal attack. I literally did not tell you to not enjoy the game, all I said was that if a character is too strong that they are negatively affecting people's enjoyment of the game - feel free to check reddit or twitter as I am far from the only person upset about the state of WW - then it should be top priority to nerf. I don't see them taking her out even though she also had an infinite, same with Black Adam.
you chose to call me a name instead of keeping it civil.
I didn’t call you ignorant, I called your statement ignorant.
your blatant ignorance

I’m well aware of how social media portrays Multiversus and the endless posts about Wonder Woman. Social media is an echo chamber of negativity and poor reception.

Black Adam’s infinites are stage and/or character specific, and are not as easily executed as IG’s. IG himself is also an archetype hardly used in platform fighters, it could’ve played a role in the decision of temporarily removing him. Removing characters in general should be a last resort.

Wonder Woman is a priority. They mentioned her. It’s getting done, probably within this week or the next. You’re unhappy they didn’t nerf her immediately despite them already saying they need time dedicated to balancing her. That’s impatience, which leads to your stance on how they should have approached this issue as ignorance. Are you getting the bigger picture?

You're white knighting the dev team. I never insulted them, nor did I say anything to attack your character or theirs, but you chose to call me a name instead of keeping it civil. All I did was say they should have playtested their game better, and reorganize their priorities. That is not an insult, that is asking for them to be better with their game's balance. You're the aggressor here, dude.
I’m not white-knighting them, I’m reverberating their statements while saying I enjoy PVP.

I dislike quite a few decisions made for this version of Multiversus, but that’s only non-playable aspects (greedy MTX, p2w rifts, etc).

Do you even know who I play?

Nobody called your posts insults, people asked you to
Calm down.
You called the game, I quote:
the rotten trash you're being fed.
And I’m supposed to interpret this as civil? Bruh. Let’s just agree to disagree :morty:

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Any new interesting datamine stuff in this new patch, or is it too small for that?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn’t call you ignorant, I called your statement ignorant.

I’m well aware of how social media portrays Multiversus and the endless posts about Wonder Woman. Social media is an echo chamber of negativity and poor reception.

Black Adam’s infinites are stage and/or character specific, and are not as easily executed as IG’s. IG himself is also an archetype hardly used in platform fighters, it could’ve played a role in the decision of temporarily removing him. Removing characters in general should be a last resort.

Wonder Woman is a priority. They mentioned her. It’s getting done, probably within this week or the next. You’re unhappy they didn’t nerf her immediately despite them already saying they need time dedicated to balancing her. That’s impatience, which leads to your stance on how they should have approached this issue as ignorance. Are you getting the bigger picture?

I’m not white-knighting them, I’m reverberating their statements while saying I enjoy PVP.

I dislike quite a few decisions made for this version of Multiversus, but that’s only non-playable aspects (greedy MTX, p2w rifts, etc).

Do you even know who I play?

Nobody called your posts insults, people asked you to

You called the game, I quote:

And I’m supposed to interpret this as civil? Bruh. Let’s just agree to disagree :morty:
You misinterpreted my statement. I was not calling the game as a whole trash, I was calling their balancing decisions trash. I want this game to succeed, but when there are characters that are supremely frustrating to play against, they should be the top priority. If my wording was difficult to comprehend, then I'm sorry, but your wording ("your blatant ignorance") comes off as very aggressive and can be misinterpreted as insulting. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're telling the truth here, but I would appreciate an apology, and I offer one to you as well.

As for when I said "your character" I didn't mean the characters you play, I mean your personal character - you as a person.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Any new interesting datamine stuff in this new patch, or is it too small for that?
To answer, no. These patches are more bug fixes than features.

In a now deleted tweet by Ausil, it was mentioned that some aspects of 31 and 33 were found.

From what I remember:
31 involves rhythm
33 involves flower petals

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

In a now deleted tweet by Ausil, it was mentioned that some aspects of 31 and 33 were found.

From what I remember:
31 involves rhythm
well now I’m really curious

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

From what I remember:
31 involves rhythm
31 is almost assuredly Marceline. Music is a big thing with her, and we know she's on the way.

I'm coming up blank on 33, it doesn't tie to any of the characters we know are coming soon. If I had to guess, maybe Ruby Rose or Poison Ivy? The former is more concretely in the works, the latter has the closer connection.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

From what I remember:
31 involves rhythm
33 is Ruby
Rose Petals are a major part of her iconography and abilities

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
didn't wicked witch have a flower move or is she already in there
Here's the image for character slots at the moment.
1718841723213.png

It can't be the Wicked Witch, because she already has a character slot (the earliest character not already in, intrestingly enough). With Marceline and Ruby taking their respecive slots, that leaves four unknowns.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's PapaGeno's Leak Matrix, while we're on the discussion.
1718842721303.png

Scooby and Dexter are almost assuredly two of them (Dexter has his stage, and there have been Scooby hints all through the beta). The last two slots could either be Gandalf and Daffy being given character IDs instead of their codename, but if that's not the case - I'm thinking Hermione and Green Lantern.

Gosh, this datamine discussion just reminds me of how badly I want them to get back to adding characters and substantial content soon. The lineup in these leaked character images are so diverse and interesting and with PFG designing their kits its gonna be so fun.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Gosh, this datamine discussion just reminds me of how badly I want them to get back to adding characters and substantial content soon. The lineup in these leaked character images are so diverse and interesting and with PFG designing their kits its gonna be so fun.
I kind of hate that people told them to slow down on character release. I love that they're listening to the community, but that's just dumb and it was a weird criticism to begin with.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I kind of hate that people told them to slow down on character release. I love that they're listening to the community, but that's just dumb and it was a weird criticism to begin with.
I kind of disagree. Like yeah the wait is agonizing now (I want PPG, Jack, Dexter and Daffy nooooowwwww), and it does feel too slow by comparision.
But before they were pumping out characters so fast none of them got any time to breathe and be talked about, and they wound up running out too soon, leading to the shutdown.
Also with how slow it is to grind fighter currency, you sure you want characters to come out faster?

They'll probably find that perfect balance soon. I imagine next season's releases will be more spread out, compared to how the relaunch needed multiple characters at once.

Apparently Agent Smith isn't actually done yet so... why did they make him the fourth character for the season?

Last edited:
I kind of disagree. Like yeah the wait is agonizing now (I want PPG, Jack, Dexter and Daffy nooooowwwww), and it does feel too slow by comparision.
But before they were pumping out characters so fast none of them got any time to breathe and be talked about, and they wound up running out too soon, leading to the shutdown.
Also with how slow it is to grind fighter currency, you sure you want characters to come out faster?

They'll probably find that perfect balance soon. I imagine next season's releases will be more spread out, compared to how the relaunch needed multiple characters at once.

Apparently Agent Smith isn't actually done yet so... why did they make him the fourth character for the season?
I guess that's fair, the only point that makes sense is the fact that it'd strain the devs. I'm not sure if them "not having time to breathe or be talked about" is a point I can agree with, I just think the newcomers they added weren't too interesting. Only like Lebron James really stood out.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I guess that's fair, the only point that makes sense is the fact that it'd strain the devs. I'm not sure if them "not having time to breathe or be talked about" is a point I can agree with, I just think the newcomers they added weren't too interesting. Only like Lebron James really stood out.
I remember thinking it was really weird they had added in Rick and Morty at the height of their popularity and nobody really talked about them.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Yeah I also don't really get why they bother adding Agent Smith that early if they most likely have a bunch of characters already ready or near completion that leaked ages ago. My only guess is that they push Smith because they specifically wanted a character that didn't leaked similar to Jason because that will add more discussion instead of relaunching the game with characters we already knew about like PPG, Marceline or Wicked Witch for example. (and I guess if that was their plan, I must say it worked, because I remember people being mad for Joker being the first relaunch announcement because we already knew he was coming and a lot of fans wanted more surprise).

I remember thinking it was really weird they had added in Rick and Morty at the height of their popularity and nobody really talked about them.
Hum I remember Rick being pretty discussed when he was announced, and he was for a long time the most viewed newcomers announcement trailer on the official youtube channel until recently Jason passed him. Morty I agree I remember there was not a lot of discussion around him, I think people were just far more excited for Rick who was releasing a few weeks later.

Top Bottom