• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
** JK Rowling, ** her TERF-ass bull*, * her racist, fatphobic, anti-Semitic bull*. * her "slavery is fine if the slaves are happy" bull** and making Harry one of the "good" slave owners. ** her "What if the Irish character was always blowing things up" and "What if a black dude was called Shacklebolt" and calling the one prominent East Asian character Cho Chang and all the fake representation bull**** like Dumbledore being gay even though it was never in the books and is so easily cut from the third FB film among so many other things about herself and everything she's written.

JK sucks and anything involving her in any form is a hard pass. Please go the way of Glinner.
i have a strange amount of respect for that

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Trans people are awesome

Chance: 30%
The Wizarding World is a huge brand for Warner Bros. It's the third highest grossing movie franchise of all time, only behind Marvel and Star Wars. Think about that for a moment; it's bigger than DC, bigger than Lord of the Rings! There is absolutely no way they waste a chance to put it in anything they're able to, and that obviously includes MultiVersus. The franchise is still ongoing on many channels, from Fantastic Beasts (for now anyway), to Hogwarts Legacy, to a very likely Cursed Child adaptation, so there are plenty of opportunities for promotional brand synergy.

However it's not completely up to Warner now is it? The property is still controlled by author and overall human garbage JK Rowling. Accounts on the level of control she exerts over the franchise vary, but at the very least, she insists she write the Fantastic Beasts movies and WB is seemingly powerless to stop her. JK Rowling also hates trans people because she is a very ****ty human being, and has made her transphobia into her defining public trait. So the argument many have made is that JK could refuse to allow her characters in a crossover that also includes trans representation directly or through the brands involved. It's an argument with merit, and I certainly won't claim to understand JK's ****ed up process, but I have two counterpoints to make.

The first is that I think JK somehow perceives herself as the good guy in all this mess, so she wouldn't make an active effort to disallow Harry and friends to interact with trans characters. Simply allowing it, patting herself on the back and going on to pick fights on Twitter seems more like her M.O. The second, and more unfortunate reason I don't see that panning out, is that, well, due to the state of media today, there just aren't many trans characters that I think would be represented in this game. There is The Matrix and Steven Universe but that's more subtext and general positivity rather than outright textual representation (also unlike Harry Potter, WB is fully in control of those brands and can include characters against the potential protest of creators). Seeing it from a purely business perspective, I can see execs at Warner figuring Harry Potter in this game will make it popular/lucrative enough to offset any trans representation they might otherwise be able to include. It sucks but I don't think it's unrealistic.

Harry is, as everyone knows, the iconic main character and mascot of the franchise. Depending on your age, you either grew up along with him or watched him grow up in real time. He's known and beloved the world over. He seems like the obvious choice. But present-day Wizarding World revolves around everything but him, so he's not the only option. Fantastic Beasts main characters like Newt, Grindelwald and franchise stalwart Dumbledore also make sense. It's not like every franchise is represented by its main character. Still, Fantastic Beasts is widely disliked, controversial due to the involvement of JK, Johnny Depp and Ezra Miller (****, by the time I'm writing this Jude Law will probably be accused of murder or something, this series can't catch a break), and Warner Bros. is still deciding on whether to scrap it or carry on (as always, the great decider will be money). Which gives the Boy Who Lived the advantage, hence why he gets 30 out of the 50% I give the franchise as a whole (I say the chances of JK stopping the deal is 50/50 just because who can predict that monster)

Want: 100%
Now I understand why all the zeroes. I get it. It's hard to look at anything about the franchise and not be reminded of the awfulness of JK's rhetoric. And there's a lot of highly problematic aspects in it (that someone above has already mentioned). I respect anyone who feels hurt or betrayed by it and wants nothing to do with it whatsoever.

However at its core, I think Harry Potter is a series about love and respect and tolerance and camaraderie and no matter how much she tries JK can't take that away. Rowling is a millionaire; that won't change whether people boycott it from now on because whatever she gets from Fantastic Beasts or whatever will be a drop in the bucket of the money the HP movies + the theme park licensing nets her. She's made. The way to boycott her that would really hurt her, in my view, is if the franchise lives on, but in the hands of people who remove all her heinous politics and replace them with the opposite. And I think people online are making strides towards getting there! The calls for the option to choose your pronouns in Hogwarts Legacy have been deafening, and if the devs comply, it would be pretty groundbreaking for a mainstream game. I'm ranting but basically the path forward I see is not to stop supporting the franchise altogether but to start demanding it be nothing less than a leader in LGBTQ+ representation. Maybe I'm just being optimistic but I think it can be done.

As for how that affects MultiVersus... not sure, heh. Maybe give Harry or whoever pride month alts? Idk. But the game is free to play so there's definitely no money being made for JK.

Noms: Stede Bonnet (maybe let the people behind OFMD tackle the next Wizarding World project? Because they do queer representation right)
funny thing is HP has already crossed over with a trans thing. With both Voldemort and matrix being in Lego batman

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 350810
Found on Reddit. Handy chart showing how far along each leaked character is
I believe that the first five rows will be our launch roster, while the 6th row characters will be our first batch of DLC characters. The 7th row characters will either be characters they scrapped during development or they will be much later DLC.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hello everyone,

We are looking for someone to take over the Multiversus Support Thread Directory. The current owner requested a transfer of ownership.

Please let me or another staff member know and we shall get back. Please note that you must have a post from before December 30, 2021 in order to take ownership of the thread.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Considering the devs want to add anyone they want, imagine how funny it would be if they revealed the Imposter from Among Us by saying “there’s a reason why you can’t spell Multiversus without a Sus!” Or some garbage like that.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Considering the devs want to add anyone they want, imagine how funny it would be if they revealed the Imposter from Among Us by saying “there’s a reason why you can’t spell Multiversus without a Sus!” Or some garbage like that.
Cue the Among Us Round Start Sound

amageish

Smash Master
Multiversus news and NASB news back-to-back lol. That's funny timing.

Looking forward to what they share; hopefully it includes Velma gameplay.

D

Deleted member

RDT_20220512_1532149073977276189368105.png

Next Demo is NDA free. So we'll likely see alpt more footage

RDT_20220512_1533111600292707463405647.png

Also we probably know who the next two characters are

Edit:
Coming to EVO

Last edited by a moderator:

amageish

Smash Master
Funny to see both Game Mill and WBGames are going straight for the competitive market... nice to see platform fighters with actual big prize pools.

Looking forward to the NDA-less nature of the closed alpha next week! That is exciting, Best of luck to everyone hoping to be selected.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hoo boy do I have a lot of problems with what I see here.

First, there's the damage numbers flying all over the screen with their fighters. It's disorienting at best, and makes my eyes hurt at worst. What the hell were they thinking not just putting the numbers next to their fighters' portraits like literally every other game? There's a reason that's the standard.

Next, the art style... continues to bother me. I understand they want to try for a uniform style to fit everyone into one thing, but it ends up looking like Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue... which, uh, is actually the worst show with those names slapped on it and leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

The KO effects... are just weird? Like, it's kinda cool when they're related to the fighter KO'd, like Spike the dog eating Tom and Jerry or the "That's All Folks!" for Looney Tunes characters, but why is Lion eating Shaggy? What was that generic explosion? Not to mention that unlike the fighters, they're just 2D animations, which does not meld well with the art style at all.

We got our look at a new stage, and it's really bland and generic for Scooby-Doo. They could've included some iconic monsters as cameos, but they chose not too; it actually took me like a minute and a half to figure out that it was supposed to be Scooby-Doo and not, like, any horror property ever. Missed opportunity if they wanna go "all-in" on "representing all these different worlds."

The sound design needs work too, especially in the voicing. Shaggy has like, three lines total? It's ****ing Shaggy. Obviously he's gonna say Zoinks, but he says other stuff too. Not to mention when they're shouting their attacks over each other it can become just noise. The sound effects shouldn't always be a guaranteed play.

The music does not fit well, at all. Remixed arrangements sounds good on paper, but if they don't meld with the atmosphere of a fighting game, then what's the point?

Still no footage of Velma at all, or acknowledgement of her in any way.

Not to mention another ****ing closed alpha. If they want this game to succeed, they have to step it up and get the game into the public consciousness more. And closed alphas and months of radio silence don't do that.

My faith in this game has been dashed even more after this trainwreck.

D

Deleted member

First, there's the damage numbers flying all over the screen with their fighters. It's disorienting at best, and makes my eyes hurt at worst. What the hell were they thinking not just putting the numbers next to their fighters' portraits like literally every other game? There's a reason that's the standard.

Next, the art style... continues to bother me. I understand they want to try for a uniform style to fit everyone into one thing, but it ends up looking like Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue... which, uh, is actually the worst show with those names slapped on it and leaves a really sour taste in my mouth.

The KO effects... are just weird? Like, it's kinda cool when they're related to the fighter KO'd, like Spike the dog eating Tom and Jerry or the "That's All Folks!" for Looney Tunes characters, but why is Lion eating Shaggy? What was that generic explosion? Not to mention that unlike the fighters, they're just 2D animations, which does not meld well with the art style at all.

We got our look at a new stage, and it's really bland and generic for Scooby-Doo. They could've included some iconic monsters as cameos, but they chose not too; it actually took me like a minute and a half to figure out that it was supposed to be Scooby-Doo and not, like, any horror property ever. Missed opportunity if they wanna go "all-in" on "representing all these different worlds."

The sound design needs work too, especially in the voicing. Shaggy has like, three lines total? It's ****ing Shaggy. Obviously he's gonna say Zoinks, but he says other stuff too. Not to mention when they're shouting their attacks over each other it can become just noise. The sound effects shouldn't always be a guaranteed play.

The music does not fit well, at all. Remixed arrangements sounds good on paper, but if they don't meld with the atmosphere of a fighting game, then what's the point?

Not to mention another ****ing closed alpha. If they want this game to succeed, they have to step it up and get the game into the public consciousness more. And closed alphas and months of radio silence don't do that.

They've confirmed you can choose where the damage bars go iirc. And the explosion was from Adventure Time I think

An open beta would be preferred but at least this alpha is gonna be NDA free. I aggre with some of this though. Needs some time in the can.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
First time posting in this thread. Just my wishlist.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Godzilla
King Kong
King Shark
Mordecai and Rigby
Scorpion
Spear and Fang

Still don't understand why Finn & Jake weren't made a duo character...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They both can fight on their own with their own skillsets.

Just because they are close doesn't mean they shouldn't be individuals, especially when the game gives you the option to make them a team anyway.
Perhaps but making them a duo character also would lead to more room for the roster.

Guess that's just me.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Perhaps but making them a duo character also would lead to less room for the roster.

Guess that's just me.
I mean I don’t think roster slots will be too much of a problem considering the free to play nature of the game

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They've confirmed you can choose where the damage bars go iirc. And the explosion was from Adventure Time I think

An open beta would be preferred but at least this alpha is gonna be NDA free. I aggre with some of this though. Needs some time in the can.
The Explosion is from Adventure Time.

The Mushroom Cloud was when the extinction of almost every human took place.

amageish

Smash Master

As we saw back in the original trailer/infodump about the game months ago, the ringout animations appear to be customizable. So, you should be able to choose if you want them to fit with your character of choice or if you want them to be more incongruent.

D

Deleted member

As we saw back in the original trailer/infodump about the game months ago, the ringout animations appear to be customizable. So, you should be able to choose if you want them to fit with your character of choice or if you want them to be more incongruent.
Epexct everything in this to be customisable. The game will be free and characters apparently will be too so it's their way of monetizing it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming Spear and Fang gets into the game. I could see them working one of two ways.

The whole time Spear stays on Fang as they fight.

or

You play as Spear but as part of his moveset and special moves Fang will appear similar to Maya with Phoenix Wright in UMvC3.

I personally like the first option better.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

The percent numbers can be placed where you prefer.

The KO effects are a pointless complaint as it's been confirmed that they're customizable for a while. That's why they're so different.

The alpha is NDA-less. It's free to be streamed too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I imagine all ko effects will be customizable. There are at least two adventure time ones and rhe master beta apparently ha multiple dc and got ones. You'll be bale to choose which ones you like and likely will be ae to get more during dlc seasons

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I fail to see how Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue and the Multiversus art style look anywhere close to eachother.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, i shared a list i made on reddit a while ago.

It's a dream list of songs i like to see or believe would be in Multiversus if they are going to use existing music aswell as my own remix ideas.
This list focuses on the series' already present+Rick & Morty and Lord of the Rings

Sadly, it's incomplete though it'd like it if you guys could pick me some music ideas.
Looney Tunes

• Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes
  1. Looney Tunes Medley(Remix)
  2. Caliope/Powerhouse(Remix)
  3. What's Opera Doc(Remix)
  • Looney Tunes Cartoons
  • Space Jam
  1. Come On and Slam!
  2. I Believe I Can Fly
  • Space Jam: A New Legacy
  1. Come On and Slam!(Trailer)
  2. We Win(Instrumental)(Remix)
  • Looney Tunes: Back in Action
  1. Casino Chase
  • The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries
  1. Outro(Remix)
  • Taz-Mania
  • Duck Dodgers
  1. Duck Dogers and The 24th in a Half Century(Main Theme)
  • Loonatics Unleashed
  • The Looney Tunes Show
  1. Intro/Outro(Remix)
  2. I'm a Martian
  3. Blew My Stauche
  4. Daffy's Float Falls(From S1 Ep 23)
  5. Tasmanian Meltdown
  6. Daffy the Wizard
  • Rabbits Run
  • Wabbit
  • Looney Tunes: ACME Arsenal
  • Looney Tunes Website
  1. Taz's Tropical Haze(Remix)
Batman

• Tim Burton's Batman
  1. Main Theme(Original and Remix)
  2. Waltz to the Death
  • Batman Returns
  1. The Final Confrontation
  • Batman Forever
  • Batman & Robin
  • Batman: The Animated Series
  1. Intro
  2. Outro
  • Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  • The Adventures of Batman & Robin
  • Batman Beyond
  1. Batman Beyond(Main Theme)
  • Batman Beyond: The Return of Joker
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Batman: Starring Adam West
  1. Opening Intro
  • The Batman
  1. Intro
  • Batman: The Brave and The Bold
  1. Main Theme
  • Beware the Batman
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
Superman

• Superman(1978)
  1. Main Theme of Superman(Original and Remix)
  • Superman II
  • Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
  • Superman Returns
  • Lois & Clark: The Adventures of Superman
  • Man of Steel
  • Fleisher Studios' Superman
  1. It's Superman(Remix): Based on the Fleisher Superman Intro
  • Superman: The Animated Series
  1. Intro/Credits
Tom & Jerry

• Tom & Jerry
  1. Tom & Jerry(Opening)(Remix)
  • Tom & Jerry Tales
  1. Main Theme
  • The Tom & Jerry Show
  • Tom & Jerry: The Fast & The Furry-ous
  • Tom & Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers
  • Tom & Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes
  • The Tom & Jerry Movie(2021)
Wonder Woman

• Wonder Woman(1975)
  • Wonder Woman(2017)
  1. Wonder Woman Suite(Original and Remix)
  • Wonder Woman 1984
  • Wonder Woman(2009)
  • Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
Suicide Squad

• Suicide Squad
  1. Sucker For Pain
  • The Suicide Squad
  1. Oh No!
  • Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
  • Harley Quinn
The Lord of the Rings

• The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
  1. Gandalf Vs. Balrog
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
  • The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
Adventure Time

• Adventure Time
  1. Come Along With Me(Remix)
  2. The Lich's Theme(From Lego Dimensions)
  • Adventure Time: Stakes
  • Adventure Time: Islands
  1. Adventure Time: Islands Medley(Remix)
  • Adventure Time: Distant Lands
  • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King, Why'd You Stole Our Trash
  • Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know
  • Adventure Time: Finn & Jake's Investigations
  • Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion
  • Adventure Time: Epic Quest
  1. Main Theme(Used In The Show and Lego Dimensions)
  • LEGO Dimensions
  1. Adventure Time Medley: The Main Theme for The Adventure Time World
  2. Friends: Plays in Finn & Jake's Treehouse
Steven Universe

• Steven Universe
  1. We Are The Crystal Gems
  2. Steven's Shield(Remix)(From Steven's Shield)
  3. Stronger Than You(Instrumental Techno Rock Remix)
  4. Mr. Greg Medley(Remix)
  • Steven Universe: The Movie
  1. Here We Are In The Future(Remix)
  2. Other Friends
  3. Change
  • Steven Universe Future
  • Steven Universe: Attack the Light
  • Steven Universe: Save the Light
  1. Boss Battle
Rick and Morty

• Rick and Morty
  1. Rick and Morty Theme Song(Remix)
  2. Get Shwifty!(Remix)
  3. Baker Street(Remix)
  4. For The Damaged Coda(Remix)
  • Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Scooby-Doo!

• Scooby-Doo! Series
  1. The Transylvannia Polka(Remix): A Mashup of the original song used from Dinkly Stein Monster and Be Cool with a second verse added.
  • Scooby-Doo! Where Are You!
  1. Scooby Dooby Doo!(Remix)
  2. Searching For Clues(Remix)
  3. Chase Theme
  4. Recipe For My Love
  5. Love The World
  6. Seven Days a Week
  7. Daydreamin'
  • The New Scooby-Doo! Movies
  1. The New Scooby-Doo! Movies Medley(Remix)
  • The Scooby-Doo! Show
  1. The Scooby-Doo! Show Medley(Remix)
  • Scooby & Scrabby-Doo!
  • The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo!
  1. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo!(Remix)
  • Scooby-Doo! On Zombie Island
  1. It's Terror Time Again
  • Scooby-Doo! And The Witch's Ghost
  1. Hex Girl(Remix)
  • Scooby-Doo! And The Cyber Chase
  1. Double Double Joint
  • Scooby-Doo! 2: Monsters Unleashed
  1. Scooby Dooby-Doo!
  • What's New Scooby-Doo!
  • Scooby-Doo! And The Loch Ness Monster
  1. Brothers Forever(Remix)
  • Scooby-Doo! And The Samurai Sword
  • Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
  1. Mystery Incorporated(Remix): A Remix of the Main Intro, later would play a eerie remix of the end credits.
  2. Invasion of the Evil Entity(From S2 Ep 26)
  • Scooby-Doo! And Guess Who?
  • SCOOB
Game of Thrones

• Game of Thrones

Top Bottom