• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm prepared to eat crow on this but personally I think the Naruto and Hulk stuff are for the Ninja and Brute OC's. I just don't see Disney stuff happening any time soon. I'm fully prepared to be wrong though.
Wasn't there a leak that showed off the Ninja OC's design and confirmed it wasn't Naruto? I could be mistaken about this though, seeing just how much has leaked in the past 24 hours.

Either way, I still think the Naruto stuff is incredibly hype because it confirms that the dev team has anime on their mind to some degree. That bodes well for my most wanted, a JJBA character.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there a leak that showed off the Ninja OC's design and confirmed it wasn't Naruto? I could be mistaken about this though, seeing just how much has leaked in the past 24 hours.

Either way, I still think the Naruto stuff is incredibly hype because it confirms that the dev team has anime on their mind to some degree. That bodes well for my most wanted, a JJBA character.
yes that's not quite I meant. I meant I wouldn't be surprised if Brute and Ninja where based off Hulk and Naruto in terms of moveset.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
yes that's not quite I meant. I meant I wouldn't be surprised if Brute and Ninja where based off Hulk and Naruto in terms of moveset.
I 100% agree. I believe Hulk and Naruto were the primary inspirations for Brute and Ninja and, therefore, the actual Hulk and Naruto aren't coming to the game. The references to Hulk and Naruto in their code were probably done before a name had been finalized, with the dev team assuming that the general public wouldn't ever see that code.

On an entirely unrelated note, I think there's a good shot that we'll see a Smiling Friends character post-launch. The show has been blowing up on social media, AS greenlit a second season three weeks after season 1 premiered, and Rick and Morty leaking demonstrates that AS shows aren't off the table. I imagine we'd get one of Charlie or Pim (or them possibly working as a duo ala Tom and Jerry), but I could also see them adding Glip or the Boss if they want to get weird with it.

D

Deleted member

I 100% agree. I believe Hulk and Naruto were the primary inspirations for Brute and Ninja and, therefore, the actual Hulk and Naruto aren't coming to the game. The references to Hulk and Naruto in their code were probably done before a name had been finalized, with the dev team assuming that the general public wouldn't ever see that code.

On an entirely unrelated note, I think there's a good shot that we'll see a Smiling Friends character post-launch. The show has been blowing up on social media, AS greenlit a second season three weeks after season 1 premiered, and Rick and Morty leaking demonstrates that AS shows aren't off the table. I imagine we'd get one of Charlie or Pim (or them possibly working as a duo ala Tom and Jerry), but I could also see them adding Glip or the Boss if they want to get weird with it.
I've been pushing for them on the RTC thread! I think there is actually a decent chance of that. And I just know Zach and Micheal would be extremely up for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Apparently, some of the datamine characters have voices already in the game.
This Includes
Marvin
Taz
Raven(I heard it's the unfortunate iteration of TTG)
Lebron James
The Iron Giant
and Nubia(Who's a Skin for Wonder Woman)

D

Deleted member

This Includes
Marvin
Taz
Lebron James
The Iron Giant
do we have any evidence for Raven being the TTG one? The only thing I've heard is that Harley calls her little. Which would still make sense if it was normal Raven since she's a teenager and Harley is an adult. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the TTG version though since they push that show so much

cashregister9

Smash Hero
This Includes
Marvin
Taz
Lebron James
The Iron Giant
Raven has the same VA in all incarnations.

Faso115

Smash Lord
This Includes
Marvin
Taz
Lebron James
The Iron Giant
So the VAs would be:
Marvin: Eric Bauza
Taz: Fred Tatasciore
Raven: Tara Strong
Lebron James: Lebron James (Lebron James)

Iron Giant is probably a rando because i doubt they are gonna get Vin Diesel just to mumble some lines

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
do we have any evidence for Raven being the TTG one? The only thing I've heard is that Harley calls her little. Which would still make sense if it was normal Raven since she's a teenager and Harley is an adult. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the TTG version though since they push that show so much
Some people are dreading TTG Raven for the size, but it's still possible for it to be regular raven since her quotes sound normal than usual.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Iron Giant seemingly being playable is pretty dang ironic given his film is not subtle at all with it's anti-violence/anti-war message.

Like this is a character known for the phrase "I am not a gun". Feels pretty backwards to make him a fighter.

I get his film is an iconic piece of WB history, though maybe he should be relagated to a stage cameo or something

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
is this marvin the martian or a different marvin? also why would brute be based on hulk and not someone from DC?

D

Deleted member

is this marvin the martian or a different marvin? also why would brute be based on hulk and not someone from DC?
the Martian. Also I more so mean moveset, Speficicly the Marvel vs capcom one as there are a few references there in the files. People are syaing Hulk because there is Hulk stuff in the files

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the Martian. Also I more so mean moveset, Speficicly the Marvel vs capcom one as there are a few references there in the files. People are syaing Hulk because there is Hulk stuff in the files
did this dev team work on one of the MvCs?

D

Deleted member

did this dev team work on one of the MvCs?
no. But there are direct references to some of the moves. I've also seen theories that it's from a scrapped game. I think pepole are just typing to figure out why there is Disney/Marvel and Naruto content in the files

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
no. But there are direct references to some of the moves. I've also seen theories that it's from a scrapped game. I think pepole are just typing to figure out why there is Disney/Marvel and Naruto content in the files
bizarre

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
New voice datamine happened, and this hints at even more characters.
Batman has lines directed toward Poison Ivy and Black Adam.

Raven has lines directed at Daenerys.

Garnet has lines directed toward Static and Craig of the Creek.

Gizmo's voice lines were found.

Also notable is that the only thing referencing Morty is a single line from Harley. He may be a post launch character imo. As well, Raven has lines mentioning she's in a relationship with Beast Boy, and the Go iteration is the one that's most overt about this, so I think folks should probably prepare for the Go version lol.

D

Deleted member

If real, I wouldn't be shocked if some of those where mis direction. Though it could also be them future proofing incase they can't get certain voice actors back for dlc. Most of those characters make sense to me anyway.

Also some characters seem furthur along than others. Legolas and Emmet don't really have much for instance.

Its funny how much of the last couple pages have just been spoiler boxes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Also notable is that the only thing referencing Morty is a single line from Harley. He may be a post launch character imo. As well, Raven has lines mentioning she's in a relationship with Beast Boy, and the Go iteration is the one that's most overt about this, so I think folks should probably prepare for the Go version lol.
who's craig of the creek and where's gizmo from, cause i think theres a lot of them

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
who's craig of the creek and where's gizmo from, cause i think theres a lot of them
Craig of the Creek is a Cartoon Network show.
Craig is the main character:
D11437E1-B421-4DEA-B179-92FC9362D1A8.jpeg

Craig is front and center
Gizmo is the one from Gremlins

D

Deleted member

Seems everything is pointing to it being Gizmo from Gremlins. Craig of the Creek is a Cartoon Network show

Edit: Ninja'd

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Not going to lie, some of these character choices are a little surprising to me. I would not have expected Black Adam and Poison Ivy to get in before the Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg, or Nightwing, Daenerys to get in before Jon Snow, and Craig of the Creek to get in before Courage, Johnny Bravo, The PPG/MoJo JoJo, Morcedai and/or Rigby, Gumball Waterson... really most major Cartoon Network shows.

I don't necessarily mind it though. It shows that the devs are willing to put their own unique ideas into the game rather than just going for the obvious.

That being said, I'm starting to think that some of the characters that have been leaked/datamined might not actually be in the game. The list of leaked/datamined characters on the Multiversus subreddit is starting to get unbelievably long, even if most of those characters end up being post-launch characters that won't be added to the game for years. I would not be surprised if some of those characters turn out to be red herrings.

Has anyone done any popularity polls for potential newcomers yet? I'd be curious to see who the general fanbase wants currently.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, some of these character choices are a little surprising to me. I would not have expected Black Adam and Poison Ivy to get in before the Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg, or Nightwing, Daenerys to get in before Jon Snow, and Craig of the Creek to get in before Courage, Johnny Bravo, The PPG/MoJo JoJo, Morcedai and/or Rigby, Gumball Waterson... really most major Cartoon Network shows.

I don't necessarily mind it though. It shows that the devs are willing to put their own unique ideas into the game rather than just going for the obvious.

That being said, I'm starting to think that some of the characters that have been leaked/datamined might not actually be in the game. The list of leaked/datamined characters on the Multiversus subreddit is starting to get unbelievably long, even if most of those characters end up being post-launch characters that won't be added to the game for years. I would not be surprised if some of those characters turn out to be red herrings.

Has anyone done any popularity polls for potential newcomers yet? I'd be curious to see who the general fanbase wants currently.
Ivy is a little odd (though I like her a lot.) But Adam does have a movie coming out, they might base him on the Rock. Though going with Shazam makes more sense imo. With Daenerys I guess they wanted a GOT character who's not another sword user. Though I agree that some of these might not even be in the game.

Some of these characters could be (hopefully not) scrapped or saved for down the line. The Brawlhala vibe that this game is going for makes me think we're gonna geta pretty sizable roster by the end of all this

KatKit

Smash Lord
Ivy isn't a surprise to me. This game has an emphasis on duos, and her and Harley are a power couple, ahaha. She was also a recurring villain on the Batwoman television series this season and the Harley Quinn show has another season coming out some time this year! Harley is a driving force for DC comic sales, and Ivy is a contributor to that (see: Harley Quinn the Animated series comic sales, for reference)

Anyway, I'm glad she's in. She's one of my fav Batman characters in general, and she was super fun in Injustice 2
She brings a relatively unique skillset to the roster (and I just think it's neat that the game has another iconic LGBT character in it)

Oh, this is my first post here. The game looks awesome from what I've seen. I like how zany the roster potential is

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I think the fact that there's a Velma reveal in a platform fighting game is hype enough LOL

In all seriousness, they said Jinkies and looked for a clue. Besides being in the game, that's all I could ask for, really. I do hope we get a showcase of her moveset eventually, though, but I don't mind the mystery until then, no pun intended

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They revealed the game way too early. We've got no officially sourced news regarding the game for months.

I still think the roster needs work though. I like Velma and I think she's cool but we really still could stand for some more diversity in the roster.

D

Deleted member

They revealed the game way too early. We've got no officially sourced news regarding the game for months.

I still think the roster needs work though. I like Velma and I think she's cool but we really still could stand for some more diversity in the roster.
I think the game was revealed when it was due to leaks. Seems to be a common problem with this game.

If the roster leaks are correct then I kind of like the way the roster is headed. It has some issues though, still pretty DC heavy (to be expected) and I would like some older (90s/2000s) CN reps.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think the game was revealed when it was due to leaks. Seems to be a common problem with this game.

If the roster leaks are correct then I kind of like the way the roster is headed. It has some issues though, still pretty DC heavy (to be expected) and I would like some older (90s/2000s) CN reps.
I'd rather equal the love out a bit. I don't like that all the officially revealed CN characters are modern for example. Where's Ben 10? Or the Powerpuff Girls? They're obvious picks that people would love to see; CN isn't just Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gumball. More classic Hanna-Barbara than just Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry, more live action shows and movies would be nice, lack of stuff like Harry Potter and The Matrix is weird. No RWBY either, and even though I personally hate that series, there's no doubt it's popular and they own it, getting some anime-like aesthetic would be nice.

Yes, I'm familiar with the leaks, but if the roster they initially revealed is putting their best foot forward, then I'm disappointed.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather equal the love out a bit. I don't like that all the officially revealed CN characters are modern for example. Where's Ben 10? Or the Powerpuff Girls? They're obvious picks that people would love to see; CN isn't just Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gumball. More classic Hanna-Barbara than just Scooby-Doo and Tom & Jerry, more live action shows and movies would be nice, lack of stuff like Harry Potter and The Matrix is weird. No RWBY either, and even though I personally hate that series, there's no doubt it's popular and they own it, getting some anime-like aesthetic would be nice.

Yes, I'm familiar with the leaks, but if the roster they initially revealed is putting their best foot forward, then I'm disappointed.
Yeah I aggre with some of your points. No PPG or Ben 10 is pretty bizzare. I need to see the full thing before I make any quick judgements though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not going to lie, some of these character choices are a little surprising to me. I would not have expected Black Adam and Poison Ivy to get in before the Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg, or Nightwing
sounds about right for dc. for their crossover games i mean

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The Velma reveal was definitely bad, but I'm just glad she's in the game at all. Isn't Velma usually considered the least popular of the Mystery gang? (At the very least she is 100% less popular than Scooby himself). Velma shows that the team is open to less popular side characters if they have cool moveset idea to work with, and that's exciting for the future of the game.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think Velma got priority cause probably they want all roles to have equal numbers even if most fighters will probably be Bruisers or Assassins

UserKev

Smash Champion
Well, I'm amped for Marvin The Martian. One of the coolest range attackers anyone could ask for. Raven is a given. But no classic Cartoon Network characters is still a problem. I need Ruby Rose in for diversity reasons. And my man Scorpion better be in.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Isn't Velma usually considered the least popular of the Mystery gang?
Not even close, and it's pretty ironic. Daphne was created to be the "hot" character of the show, but people actually like Velma a lot more. I'd say Fred is the least popular member of the Mystery Gang instead.

Top Bottom