• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
WOW. Just WOW.

All the bashing in this thread = You should be ASHAMED of yourselves. Not ONE anti-Tingle person here has had a GOOD reason why he shouldn't be in Brawl. It's all come down to "no he's lame no he's minor". Please, PLEASE do your research before you start arguing. Otherwise you won't win this argument.

* Tingle is INCREDIBLY popular in Japan. A magazine had a Nintendo popularity poll, and Tingle came out on TOP. Yes, that's right, ahead of Mario and everyone. It got GOOD REVIEWS too.

* Tingle has had TWO games. One game is a small, insignificant title (Balloon Fight), but one is a FULL FLEDGED DS GAME. Which sold VERY WELL in Japan, and is coming to Europe. Tingle is no longer a "side character". His popularity and the fact that he has received TWO GAMES of his own shows that he is no longer the minor support character he used to be.

*Tingle is NOT NECESSARILY UNPOPULAR in the Western world. His games are coming out in Europe in a few weeks. Stop generalising. America =/= Western World.

*The no moveset argument is garbage. Pure and utter garbage. Please, please play his game before you start spouting misinformed arguments. He has a lot of abilities in his game.

*Tingle is STRAIGHT. He LIKES GIRLS. The evidence is from Freshly Picked.

Stop projecting your personal hate of Tingle on the whole world.

So there you have it. All these lame and ridiculous arguments against Tingle won't cut it anymore, time to come up with a better one. ;)

Hong

The Strongest
Tingle could defeat Ridley, Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris at the same time using nothing more than an empty jar, a piece of dental floss and an oddly shaped mango.

While blindfolded.
With one arm tied behind his back.
On a Monday.
While reciting the Dutch national anthem backwards.
And beating Silver Surfer for NES with his feet.

D

Deleted member

The reason I don't particularly think Tingle will be playable is that his moves seem more suited to that of an AT. Hell, they seem invented for him.

Sakurai describes ATs as being for characters that were never made to be playable. Tingle seems very much like that, at least of what I have seen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WOW. Just WOW.

All the bashing in this thread = You should be ASHAMED of yourselves. Not ONE anti-Tingle person here has had a GOOD reason why he shouldn't be in Brawl. It's all come down to "no he's lame no he's minor". Please, PLEASE do your research before you start arguing. Otherwise you won't win this argument.

* Tingle is INCREDIBLY popular in Japan. A magazine had a Nintendo popularity poll, and Tingle came out on TOP. Yes, that's right, ahead of Mario and everyone. It got GOOD REVIEWS too.

* Tingle has had TWO games. One game is a small, insignificant title (Balloon Fight), but one is a FULL FLEDGED DS GAME. Which sold VERY WELL in Japan, and is coming to Europe. Tingle is no longer a "side character". His popularity and the fact that he has received TWO GAMES of his own shows that he is no longer the minor support character he used to be.

*Tingle is NOT NECESSARILY UNPOPULAR in the Western world. His games are coming out in Europe in a few weeks. Stop generalising. America =/= Western World.

*The no moveset argument is garbage. Pure and utter garbage. Please, please play his game before you start spouting misinformed arguments. He has a lot of abilities in his game.

So there you have it. All these lame and ridiculous arguments against Tingle won't cut it anymore, time to come up with a better one. ;)

I don't give a crap if he's straight or gay or friggin bi...I just don't like him and I don't see what anyone's appeal to him is

Anyway no one has had a good reason yet why any character shouldn't be in Brawl except a few 3rd party and every non-game characters...

Darkurai

Smash Master
I severely DO NOT WANT Tingle in Brawl.
HOWEVER, given his popularity in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Crayola

Smash Cadet
The reason I don't particularly think Tingle will be playable is that his moves seem more suited to that of an AT. Hell, they seem invented for him.
That IS true, considering Tingle's role in the Zelda games. But considering Tingle's "rise", it's very likely that he could be a playable character, too. He has much more to support him than say, Zant, Skull Kid, Midna and other popular choices.

Sakurai describes ATs as being for characters that were never made to be playable. Tingle seems very much like that, at least of what I have seen.
Sakurai said:
Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters.

To me, that means "there are so many Nintendo characters that I can't possibly make them all into playable characters. So instead, they'll be Assist Trophies" It doesn't necessarily mean that "they were never made to be playable". Look at Samurai Goroh.

I don't give a crap if he's straight or gay or friggin bi...I just don't like him
That's fair enough, but whenever someone says they like Tingle, you get a lot of idiots coming here and going "noooooooooooooooooooo dats the DUMBEST IDEA EVAR HOW COULD U SUGGEST THAT" and just outright bash the character. That's all Tingle arguments come down to - personal preference. People seem to be able to well-argue a case against K.Rool or Dixie or Waluigi or whoever, but when it comes to Tingle, people just act child like about it.

Conker1

Smash Ace
If I had to choose between WW Link and Tingle, I would choose Tingle.

If I had to choose betwwen Midna and Tingle, I would choose Tingle.

If I had to choose between Vaati and Tingle, I would choose Tingle.

If I had to choose between Skull Kid and Tingle, I would choose Skull Kid.

So yeah.

Darkurai

Smash Master

So yeah.
Ooh, I wanna try that.

If I had to choose betwwen Midna and Tingle, I would choose Midna.

If I had to choose between Vaati and Tingle, I would choose Vaati.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahem..

WOW. Just WOW.

Said all this a billion pages ago. Trust me, I am a Tingle expert.;) I also have a moveset for him somewhere on this thread.

Tingle could defeat Ridley, Captain Falcon and Chuck Norris at the same time using nothing more than an empty jar, a piece of dental floss and an oddly shaped mango.

While blindfolded.
With one arm tied behind his back.
On a Monday.
While reciting the Dutch national anthem backwards.
..Yes he could. Thank you for that.

Nope. Sakurai never said that.

I don't give a crap if he's straight or gay or friggin bi...I just don't like him and I don't see what anyone's appeal to him is

Anyway no one has had a good reason yet why any character shouldn't be in Brawl except a few 3rd party and every non-game characters...
What are peoples appeal to Geno, Ridley or Midna. Exactly. Same thing.

I severely DO NOT WANT Tingle in Brawl.
HOWEVER, given his popularity in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if he was.
Japan isn't Tingle's only popularity now but it is his most. Nothing to argue there.

So yeah.
I can agree. I would say Tingle and Skull Kid 50/50 since I want them both.

Ooh, I wanna try that.

If I had to choose betwwen Midna and Tingle, I would choose Midna.

If I had to choose between Vaati and Tingle, I would choose Vaati.

Give me a reason for Midna over Tingle. Latest game and Protagonist mean nothing.

Tingle deserves more than Vaati.

Same thing as I said above about Tingle and Skull Kid.

That is greatness right there.

:chuckle:
..No that is gay. If I had Ridley F****** a dead goat you would say the same thing.

i bet tingle will just end up as a assist trophy
..That is a possibilty but don't doubt his chances to be playable.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace

Give me a reason for Midna over Tingle. Latest game and Protagonist mean nothing.
How does that mean nothing? Brawl is using pretty much all aspects (except music) of the LoZ franchise from the TP game. Wouldn't it make more sense to put in one of the main protagonists from the Zelda game that's being focused on instead of some eccentric elf who didn't do much of anything in the series? Midna is more likely than Tingle at this point.

Tingle has his own little spin-off...so what?
..No that is gay. If I had Ridley F****** a dead goat you would say the same thing.
Um NO, I would think that would be disturbing and weird. :rolleyes:

Hong

The Strongest
What makes Americans dislike Tingle? D:
For a fat, greedy wanna-be fairy, I find him awfully charming, and apparently Japan does as well.
It's because of dull people that Tingle didn't make it in Twilight Princess.
Tingle does not make an appearance in Twilight Princess. In an interview with Electronic Gaming Monthly, director Eiji Aonuma stated that he had "found out some American people didn't like him very much" and ultimately decided not to include him in the game.
Fun ruiners. :(

Ah well. To each their own.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Brawl is using pretty much all aspects (except music) of the LoZ franchise from the TP game. Wouldn't it make more sense to put in one of the main protagonists from the Zelda game that's being focused on instead of some eccentric elf who didn't do much of anything in the series? Midna is more likely than Tingle at this point.
No. Protagonists mean nothing. Recent franchises don't either. Are they using more TP this time around, yes. But, that doesn't mean anything. Skull Kid. Antagonist for MM. Melee released shortly after. Nothing about him was in.

Don't forget Phantom Hourglass and that Tingle can be considered his own series as well. At this point, Zelda characters may or may not concern him.

Tingle is not an Elf. He stuffs his ears to be like a Forest Kid. Just clarifying.

Tingle has his own little spin-off...so what?
Um NO, I would think that would be disturbing and weird. :rolleyes:
..Tingle has one Spin-off title and a full fledged RPG that is going to release in Europe.
His Balloon Fight spin-off sold really well in Japan.
You say "so what" about his spin-offs....what if Midna had her own spin off. You know you would be using that as back up as well.

Um YES. Your to arrogant to see the fact that you dislike Tingle and so you despise him.

To clear up Tingle's apparent absence in Twilight Princess, he had a spin-off character in the game. Who you may ask..Purlo. That proves they have not forgotton about him and you can't use TP excuses to a full extent.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be totally opposed to having Tingle playable. Besides, Brawl is about what Fans want...namely Japanese fans. Tinlge would be a fun WTF character that would piss people off.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...where'd that sudden surge of Tingle-supporters come from?
WOW. Just WOW.
[...]
Actually, those arguments were already brought up. Numerous times, too.

In the end, you have to admit, ALL of us just act on our personal taste and try to find some sort of arguments so we don't just stand there saying "I dis/like this character". I could go ahead to question which aspects of a character really matter to Sakurai, to question that poll, and so on. In the end, unless a character is simply obvious, we're stuck with almost no real arguments.

See? I'm trying to put us on the same level by arguing that all points are worthless. :p

But, yeah. You find me a poll stating how popular Tingle is, I show you a few thousand people who think of Tingle as an abomination, you say he could have a moveset, I say ANYONE could have a moveset, you say he's got games, I say his games are worthless aaaaaand so on.
Point being, if you didn't like him, you wouldn't be arguing for him. :p

To conclude this scatterbrained tirade: I do not want Tingle in Brawl because he violates my aesthetic sensitivities.
We already have Wario for crude humor.
Now THIS is where it got unrealistic.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is being released in Europe in a couple of weeks time, perhaps the support is growing in anticipation of it.

I won't say I support Tingle, but I'm not opposed to his inclusion (he'll be in the game anyway, playable or not, due to his status). Part of me is even intrigued in how he'd play if he was a playable character, but I've never really cared enough for his character to desperately want him.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Tingle is lame as hell. He's a minor character from a series with many other, better characters to choose from. If they do put him in, people will gang up on him in FFAs for sure.
This also would happen if Sakurai puts Tingle as a playable character.

^^I'd throw an A-Bomb on every single freakin Nintendo Corp. facility that's on this planet!

So c'mon Sakurai, try to call my bluff! I double dare you!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

Actually, those arguments were already brought up. Numerous times, too.

In the end, you have to admit, ALL of us just act on our personal taste and try to find some sort of arguments so we don't just stand there saying "I dis/like this character". I could go ahead to question which aspects of a character really matter to Sakurai, to question that poll, and so on. In the end, unless a character is simply obvious, we're stuck with almost no real arguments.

See? I'm trying to put us on the same level by arguing that all points are worthless. :p

But, yeah. You find me a poll stating how popular Tingle is, I show you a few thousand people who think of Tingle as an abomination, you say he could have a moveset, I say ANYONE could have a moveset, you say he's got games, I say his games are worthless aaaaaand so on.
Point being, if you didn't like him, you wouldn't be arguing for him. :p

To conclude this scatterbrained tirade: I do not want Tingle in Brawl because he violates my aesthetic sensitivities.
We already have Wario for crude humor.

Now THIS is where it got unrealistic.
:link:

..Well, you should have known I was a Tingle supporter. That just shows his popularity increase.

Yep. I dealt with the arguments already.

You try to put us there but you fail. Arguments aren't worthless. Specific arguments here are but without them, the character threads wouldn't be.

Any video game character is liked/disliked. No character is perfect. You can argue Mario, but you'll be wasting time.[saying in general..not to anyone specific]

Of course anyone could have a moveset..I agree there. Point for the moveset thought is idiots always saying Tingle can't fight or have a moveset.

His games aren't worthless. If that were true, ANY Nintendo character would have a shot. Saying his games are worthless is like saying, hmm, Ridley's existence in Metroid is worthless, which it is not.

NO KIDDING! Obviously if you like him you'll argue[vice-versa]. Same with every character.

Please tell me how he violates anything...I want to hear this. I have a feeling your going by opinion of hatred towards the character.
I can do that just as easily. Not saying you like him or not but Ridley violates the size limit so can't be added..you see my point..?

I am not fully familiar with that game but I take its very hard..(?)

Also with what Luke said, his new RPG is going to Europe and the status is huge. ESRB rated it 12+. I guess he is not so nice.

P.S.- In his newest game, he has a sword and a Fierce Deity form!

Hong

The Strongest
All Tingle would have to do is this:

And every opponent would just explode from the awesomeness. Except Ridley and Captain Falcon, who would still be amazed at the sheer awesomeness thus left vulnerable for Tingle's fatal neck pinch technique.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Replying to your posts is hard work. =<
I'll just write my replies into the quote if you don't mind.

..Well, you should have known I was a Tingle supporter. That just shows his popularity increase.
Yes, I knew. Okay.

You try to put us there but you fail. Arguments aren't worthless. Specific arguments here are but without them, the character threads wouldn't be.
That was more of a joking remark. Arguments aren't completely worthless, yeah. I guess what I was trying to say was a little hard to understand.

Any video game character is liked/disliked. No character is perfect. You can argue Mario, but you'll be wasting time.[saying in general..not to anyone specific]
Of course anyone could have a moveset..I agree there. Point for the moveset thought is idiots always saying Tingle can't fight or have a moveset.
His games aren't worthless. If that were true, ANY Nintendo character would have a shot. Saying his games are worthless is like saying, hmm, Ridley's existence in Metroid is worthless, which it is not.
Erm... yes, any video game character is liked and disliked, everyone could have a moveset... I was adding to my previous point. We're all just arguing for what we want to argue for. Like you did previously. "Okay, so they didn't add Tingle in TP because they realized the Western world generally dislikes him, but there was totally someone who kinda sorta looks like him!" If you were against the character, you'd call the argument you made there, worthless.

NO KIDDING! Obviously if you like him you'll argue[vice-versa]. Same with every character.
That's exactly what I was saying. We argue for who we want to argue for. Most of the time, it's silly to completely dismiss someone else's argument because we're all biased in our views.

Please tell me how he violates anything...I want to hear this. I have a feeling your going by opinion of hatred towards the character.
I can do that just as easily. Not saying you like him or not but Ridley violates the size limit so can't be added..you see my point..?
I don't see your point since you completely misunderstood mine. :p
I was basically saying in a really colorful way that I find Tingle butt-ugly.

I'm a very sensitive person when it comes to such things, being an artist and whatnot. If I had to eat lunch while someone keeps holding a picture of Tingle in front of my eyes, I would lose my appetite.

So, yeah, it's just my opinion pretty much. Feel free to ignore it. Just refrain from calling me "boring" because I fail to see what's so awesome about him, thanks. :p

I am not fully familiar with that game but I take its very hard..(?)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LMnjem0qSqs

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93

@Fawriel- Okay so the only thing you disagreed me is the Western thing. One problem though, I didn't post that. You may want to refer that to the rightful owner of the post.;)

Also, I am not for Sonic at all but I don't deny his appearance. I am not like most people..I am not biased to a character..I just try and show people to stop being arrogant.;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm only gonna say one thing, and one thing only.

Tingle sucks......alot.

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
No, thats so gay please people think of better ideas like the GREAT idea of freaking Megaman and Sonic those are really good ones.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'm only gonna say one thing, and one thing only.

Tingle sucks......alot.
You suck a lot. You should have never posted Spam like that. At least somewhat contribute.

Tingle...is like....oxygen.
..That he is but I told you once and I'll tell you agian, I AM TINGLE'S #1 FAN!

The very thought of Tingle sends tingles up my spine... bad tingles.
..The very thought of all the idiots that can't give good reasoning for saying Tingle can't/won't be in Brawl is tingling..bad tingles.

tingle could make a better AT then playable character.
..As would the un-orthodox character you want.

NO!!!!! maybe, but I hope not

No, thats so gay please people think of better ideas like the GREAT idea of freaking Megaman and Sonic those are really good ones.
Megaman...I can care less. He is an in or out don't care character. Sonic..well, he is most likely in.

That post wreaks of youth.
It reeks minor youth. Again, I am the #1 fan here.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..I'll answer that the best I can. Try making your posts more clear.
I think your saying why my title doesn't say it. Very simple..I am not a Premium member. Need I say more? Tingle's RPG is one step closer to the U.S. release. Hopefully Europe will do a good job with it.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
..I'll answer that the best I can. Try making your posts more clear.
I think your saying why my title doesn't say it. Very simple..I am not a Premium member. Need I say more? Tingle's RPG is one step closer to the U.S. release. Hopefully Europe will do a good job with it.
Wow some Tingle fan you are. I asked that question Tingle style.

And a real OG tingle fan would get a premium membership JUST for the tingle title.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..First off, your placement of Tingle Vocabulary is horrible. The Kooloo Limpah format is like so- "Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!"
You failed at your placements..not to mention your dots.

I am not a gangsta and don't want to be. I am not black and don't think I am either. I am not spending money monthly for a title either. Plus, if you were a Tingle fan, you would notice my location is North Clock Town[Tingle's area in Majora's Mask], my profile picture is Tingle, My Sig, Tingle is in my interests.

Trust me, you are not the #1 fan.

Hong

The Strongest
Bah. Typical Americans seem to mostly care about characters with guns (Samus, MegaMan), swords (Ike, Link, ect.) and some form of martial arts. (Mario, Falcon, ect.) If the character doesn't look cool or have any of these features, they'll instantly shoot them down as a possible Brawler, making things so dull. I expect people to like or dislike different characters, but this is different.

The majority instantly shoots down the idea of Tingle or Animal Crosser before they can even see how creative these characters can be, despite what they've done with characters like Mr. Game & Watch. Insisting that they have to be fighters. They say things like "omg that cahr sux u cud nver coem up /w a moveset", meanwhile I could easily come up with a flexible and balanced moveset that would appeal to fans of the character or people not so fond of that character alike. Much like in melee, they regret what they have said and learn to like that character.

Though I'm not too worried. After addressing the top fan favourites on the polls, Mr. Sakurai will put in characters he feels is right and it's clear he likes character who are actually interesting or unique. I've been playing his games since Kirby for NES and I know how much he dislikes typical or uninteresting characters.

I don't want to sound like I'm flaming anyone. I just wish people would be more creative. Smash Brothers is a silly game. It's not stone and grit. It's a place for Nintendo characters to battle for the fans to enjoy it. Give Tingle a chance.

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace
I agree that we need more characters without swords etc but tingle? i have nothing against him but it seems like we already have enough zelda representation. if any other zelda character gets in it should be skull kid.

Hong

The Strongest
I agree that we need more characters without swords etc but tingle? i have nothing against him but it seems like we already have enough zelda representation. if any other zelda character gets in it should be skull kid.
See. That's a valid reason and I can agree. I don't want too many Mario or Zelda characters.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Okay..

See. That's a valid reason and I can agree. I don't want too many Mario or Zelda characters.
..You guys realize Tingle can be counted as his own franchise now. He has two of his own titles and one is going to Europe.

Hong

The Strongest
..You guys realize Tingle can be counted as his own franchise now. He has two of his own titles and one is going to Europe.
For me, it depends. Even though Yoshi and Wario have their own series, I consider them Mario characters. It's a matter of perspective.

The other way of looking at it is;
A character is a character. If the fans want it more than the others, put them in regardless of what they are, where they're from or how similar they are to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom