• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr Tingle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qyzex

Smash Cadet

@Qyezx- I am not gay.
wasn't saying you were, just making funnies.

I'm actually FOR Tingle making it into Brawl.

Not all characters have to be super awesome/sexy/iconic(although Tingle is in a way)/kick ***/fighter type people do they? I mean, I like to have a character that's about fun and magic and fairies, not killing others. amiright?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I felt Tingle's contribution to Smash was enough in Melee. I don't need anymore Tingle.Plus Tingle isn't even a fighter. he's a wuss. I fail to see how Tingle deserves to be in Smash to that extent. What would he even attack with.?Fling maps? His limbs are so small his attacks would be ********.
Well if you had any smarts in you, you would have seen the whole moveset I made him last page or page before last page.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
Tingle...
I would put him in the cathegory of 'worst character ever'
i dont see how he can be so populair
i dislime him... a lot, even in the zelda games.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well he is popular.
You mean 'dislike'.
Your the worst character ever.
I bet you anything you and other people don't like him due to looks. If he looked like Fierce Deity(example)and had the same personality, everyone would like him and you know it.
Jossy...

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
i dont like him cuz he doesnt fit into anything...
he had no reason to be there in majora's mask... i mean.. he is not a real fairy even if he belives to be...
why isnt he? because in ocarina of time the forrest kids dont change and you might argue that every link is his own link, majora's mask is clearly a sequal to ocarina of time, just look at the intro and all of the other characters...

then in wind waker all of a sudden he got a lot of brothers who all look like him and are all the same age (>? not sure about that) ...

Kuaala Lumpu! he's not from Sri Lanka either is he?
he looks weird, he acts weird, he doesnt belong in a good game like zelda. Im glad they left him out of Twilight Princess

and how am I a weird character? LOL

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Well he is popular.
You mean 'dislike'.
Your the worst character ever.
I bet you anything you and other people don't like him due to looks. If he looked like Fierce Deity(example)and had the same personality, everyone would like him and you know it.
Jossy...
But then he wouldn't be tingle, would he?...

Seriously. Tingle is the most irritating, provocative and down right stupid little piece of green **** I've ever met in a video game.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
For one, he fit in every Zelda game he was in perfectly, regardless whether you like it or not.
He was in Majora's Mask for a new character and his role of maps fit perfect with his character.
He is the human reincarnation of a fairy. He was never in Hyrule, he stayed in Termina with other people. He technically stayed in North Clock Town.
They weren't technically his real brothers but that was Tingle tower and basically his slaves. They weren't the same age(though no knowledge of it) cause Tingle is a 35 year old Hylian if you didn't know.
It is Kooloo Limpah...you were way off. He is from Termina but his dad(the swamp tour manager with the airplane goggles)obviously is from Hylia.
He is supposed to look and act weird...that is his character. He is a great addition cause if he was so bad, why did he occur in every Zelda from MM except TP..? Even Gameboy games. And recall he got two of his own titles. Plus, that S.T.A.R.S. guy is completely not as cool as Tingle and was a waist of time.

Your the 'worst character ever' cause you said Tingle was. He at least is a Game character.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No one can edit so this is to Tonjevic.
Exactly my point. Cause Tingle looks like Tingle, he is hated. If he looked cooler, everyone would like him. Case closed for that and don't argue for it.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
I thought he fit into Majora's Mask, as that whole game was bat**** insane most of the time, but in Windwaker...
How in hell do you justify a little green man and his slave/sex buddies on a little island of their own in the middle of nowhere?...
The answer: you can't without being totally implausible.

In addition to all of this, he overcharged me for maps! :(
The whole treasure-hunting arc ruined the pace of Wind Waker in a certain way.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Exactly my point. Cause Tingle looks like Tingle, he is hated. If he looked cooler, everyone would like him. Case closed for that and don't argue for it.

Because nobody can edit...

That's the dumbest thing ever. You're basically saying, "If tingle was actually awesome and rad, everyone would like him.".

OF COURSE THEY WOULD. You're missing my point here. If he was awesome and totally cool, he wouldn't be tingle anymore, and everyone would rejoice. Tingle is hated because of who he is, not because of who he is not.

Come to think of it, your entire argument is baseless. You're just saying he's not a weird, insane dude who everyone hates because he has the potential not to be. Which is dumb.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Wind Waker was ruined from the start. That game was boring. I hate taking five years to travel across the sea. The sea and that stupid annoying red boat...King of Red Lions or King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule. That guy was fat!
Oh I can and I did. They are his slaves due to Tingle ain't gay. Proof, he would be on Link. Tingle Island and it was made for a fairy structure thus the huge fairly totem pole.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No your not gettting my point. He would have the same personality which you all hate and he just switched his look. That wouldn't necassarily make him awesome and rad, same personality. It is not dumb cause he has the potential.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
<BM> Oh, no, I didn't.
<Tonjevic> But then he wouldn't be tingle, would he?...
<Tonjevic> Seriously. Tingle is the most irritating, provocative and down right stupid little piece of green **** I've ever met in a video game.
<BM> Saw him.
<Tonjevic> stupid profanity filter
<Tonjevic> when it comes to tingle, profanity is warranted.

Source: IRC . #ssbb @ irc.rizon.no

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Wind Waker was ruined from the start. That game was boring. I hate taking five years to travel across the sea. The sea and that stupid annoying red boat...King of Red Lions or King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule. That guy was fat!
Oh I can and I did. They are his slaves due to Tingle ain't gay. Proof, he would be on Link. Tingle Island and it was made for a fairy structure thus the huge fairly totem pole.
First of all, your complete dislike of Wind Waker has made me discount anything you say regarding taste, considering it was, in lots of peoples' opinions, one of the top fifteen titles for the gamecube.

Secondly, Tingle IS on link. He's always rabitting on about how both Link and Himself are fairies and how he's always very happy to see Link. You can practically SEE his erection.

Finally, your statement that Tingle Island is a fairy totem does nothing to justify it to me. Seriously, all that says is that tingle somehow built it, probably with help from his slave buddies. Considering that he refers to himself as a fairy, this eventuality is more than likely. However, there really is no reason within the context of the plot for him to have gotten there.

However, I digress.

The main reason why Tingle SHOULDN'T and WON'T be in Brawl is that he's a side character. He's so totally non-essential to the plot and playability of the Zelda franchise that for one, he wasn't in most of the titles, two he was cut from Twilight princess and finally, three, all he did in Four Swords adventures was to steal your force gems.
Such a secondary character has no right to be playable in Super Smash Brothers. In any case, if he were, there would be such horrendous backlash from the public, that they'd probably be forced to release a new version of SSBB without him in it!
All he really did was annoy people, anyway.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It don't matter what his role is and you don't need to tell me about Zelda games. They are my favorite franchises. I don't dislike Wind Waker, I bought it when it came out and still play it once in a while. It is just annoying to the max. He annoyed people that were stupid cause he assisted you meaning he is helpful no matter what the case.(exception would be Four Swords) Cause he thinks he is a fairy! Link has a Fairy so he gets excited. And if you look at him there, your obviously gay. He will be in Brawl. Maybe not my hopes for a playable character but can easily be an Assist Trophie due to an Assist character. You can't say anything there either cause that is fact.

Fawriel

Smash Master
He is the human reincarnation of a fairy.
Source?

Tingle ain't gay.
Source?

Don't argue for it? GRAH! You're doing it AGAIN.

It's exactly the opposite for me. Tingle is ugly and weird and stuff, but if he had an amazingly cool personality, that would be seen in a whole different light. He would actually have some depth. Gasp.
What I hate is his personality.
He's nothing but a running gag. And not a very tasteful one.

Making him playable would be like... making the nose-picking microgame Wario's home-stage. Or like including an O RLY owl as a rep for the internet. Or repping the Aladdin games by including the little monkey or the parrot or... you get the idea.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
He annoyed people that were stupid cause he assisted you meaning he is helpful no matter what the case.(exception would be Four Swords) Cause he thinks he is a fairy! Link has a Fairy so he gets excited.
OK, calm down.
First of all, this is barely coherent.
Next, he doesn't help the player; he extorts the player's hard-earned rupees out of him. He's a leech and I hate him.

He will be in Brawl. Maybe not my hopes for a playable character but can easily be an Assist Trophie due to an Assist character. You can't say anything there either cause that is fact.
To risk my individuality and sound like Fawriel and many others:

"Source?"

As far as I know, Tingle has been neither confirmed nor denied in Brawl. Stop making ridiculous aspersions and assumptions about him.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind that much if he appeared as an assist trophy, but only if he turned out NOT to be invincible, so I could kick his puny little, green jumpsuit covered ***.

It was kinda like that in melee, but he never died properly. I got way too much satisfaction out of popping his balloon, though.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Sorry for this one, I meant he believes.

He ain't on any guys. Sure he dresses it but so do rappers wearing Pink pants and shirts yet, they ain't gay. No proof your thinking. Are you gay. You will say no. Proof? None. You can say you had a girlfriend and I can say Tingle did. Link can be gay for all we know. We can't really judge that, it is on opinion.

Don't argue for it? GRAH! You're doing it AGAIN.

It's exactly the opposite for me. Tingle is ugly and weird and stuff, but if he had an amazingly cool personality, that would be seen in a whole different light. He would actually have some depth. Gasp.
What I hate is his personality.
He's nothing but a running gag. And not a very tasteful one.

Making him playable would be like... making the nose-picking microgame Wario's home-stage. Or like including an O RLY owl as a rep for the internet. Or repping the Aladdin games by including the little monkey or the parrot or... you get the idea.
Okay the Aladdin killed that point but yes I don't get you. I made a moveset and he can work. Just cause you guys don't like him doesn't mean he can't do it. Most likely, he will be and Assist Trophie if anything but he can easily be a character if they wanted it. Don't get me wrong, I ain't all over how the guy looks either but that doesn't give the reason to dislike him. If that is how it was, I don't like a lot of peoples looks,(smashers is an example)but yet we like them.(not gayly...not a word but whatever)

OK, calm down.
First of all, this is barely coherent.
Next, he doesn't help the player; he extorts the player's hard-earned rupees out of him. He's a leech and I hate him.
I am perfectly calm dude. He does help the player, Rupees definitely aren't hard earned in Zelda. You Find way to much. He is just making a living.

To risk my individuality and sound like Fawriel and many others:

"Source?"

As far as I know, Tingle has been neither confirmed nor denied in Brawl. Stop making ridiculous aspersions and assumptions about him.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind that much if he appeared as an assist trophy, but only if he turned out NOT to be invincible, so I could kick his puny little, green jumpsuit covered ***.

It was kinda like that in melee, but he never died properly. I got way too much satisfaction out of popping his balloon, though.
I never said he was in Brawl for a fact so don't tell me what to do. My beliefs is he will be in Brawl one way or another. We aren't talking about your torterous ways in Melee either.

Balloon man. What would he do. I have never ever seen a moveset for him except use his puny needle and balloons. Tingle has that and more. Just saying...not to you guys.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No, no, you misunderstood me.
My point wasn't that I don't like him, my point was his function in the story.
Playable, you have Link, the hero, a mellow man, a simple man with a big, strong heart who is willing to throw away his life for his loved ones.
You have Zelda, the wise princess who aids the hero, provides guidance ( and a reason for the plot to get going =P )...
And Ganondorf, the king of evil, the impersonation of false desires, a false god...

And then a middle-aged guy with a mental disorder?
He had various assisting roles, sure, but those could be given to anyone. "I draw maps!" "Now I just happen to be all into kinstones!" "I for some reason know how to translate this ancient text. Give me your money!"
The reason why he keeps popping up, I think, is as a running gag. Something funny that keeps repeating. You know how Disney movies always have some wacky small animal or something to deliver the occasional humor in case the story starts becoming too serious for the kids? That's what Tingle is.

I'm not against light-heartedness and humor, it's a part of Zelda.. but I'd rather Wind Waker Link represents this light-heartedness.

And the second "Source?" wasn't serious, I just thought it was funny to point that out. A running gag, so to speak. :p

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
I never said he was in Brawl for a fact so don't tell me what to do. My beliefs is he will be in Brawl one way or another. We aren't talking about your torterous ways in Melee either.
He will be in Brawl. Maybe not my hopes for a playable character but can easily be an Assist Trophie due to an Assist character. You can't say anything there either cause that is fact.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
This thread really needs to die.

Tingle has nothing going for him in any way, shape or form. He has almost no chance of being a playable character. Even his chances of being an AT are relatively low. You say he'd be a great, fun to play character, but in no time, his novelty would wear off and you'd be left thinking, "Why the hell is this guy even in the game?"

And Creo, you're starting to piss me off by criticizing Balloon Fighter all the time. "He's only got balloons and needles!" But what does Tingle have? OMFG |-|3 h/-\5 7eh |\/|@|>s!!1one! You're being a bit hypocritical. Face it, Balloon Fighter is an all around better character.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That's not my fault you don't like me. Oh and Tingle has a friggin chance you just don't want to except it. Please give me something on Balloon Fighter. Your pissing me off and everyone else cause you say Balloon Fighter is better but no proof. I made what Tingle can do so don't give me that. How is Balloon Fighter better. Don't get me wrong, he may be better but no one seems to want to prove it. Is it because they can't? I stand where I am with that until I have some proof of his so called greatness.

I guess your understandable but Tingle could have been anything as well. If Tingle was the Hero of Time, he would be one of the most popular characters. Oh and I do agree this topic does in a way 'need to die' but it hasn't due to the arguments and it got revitilized.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
That's not my fault you don't like me. Oh and Tingle has a friggin chance you just don't want to except it. Please give me something on Balloon Fighter. Your pissing me off and everyone else cause you say Balloon Fighter is better but no proof. I made what Tingle can do so don't give me that. How is Balloon Fighter better. Don't get me wrong, he may be better but no one seems to want to prove it. Is it because they can't? I stand where I am with that until I have some proof of his so called greatness.

I guess your understandable but Tingle could have been anything as well. If Tingle was the Hero of Time, he would be one of the most popular characters. Oh and I do agree this topic does in a way 'need to die' but it hasn't due to the arguments and it got revitilized.
I never said I didn't like you, and I didn't say Balloon Fighter was great. I simply said that you're starting to irritate me, and that Balloon Fighter is a better character then Tingle. Think of Balloon Fighter as Tingle, but not annoying as hell, and not possibly a homosexual.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tingle is Balloon Fighter and more though. He did have his Balloon fight game and another one as well. I know you said better character but I put that in my own words. It is asumable you don't like me from that post. Not my fault I am irritating you, I am just defending Tingle correctly...most people fail at that. Tingle ain't gay. I already proved you can call everyone gay. Let's keep that aside.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Not my fault I am irritating you, I am just defending Tingle correctly...most people fail at that.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh god, this is getting more and more ironic by the minute.

Oh, and you haven't proved anything at all. You have given us no reason for why Tingle isn't one giant, extended, homo-erotic motif. No pun intended there, by the way.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Okay...is that how it is. No pun intended but you basically are talking about yourself there. Yeah and that ain't a flame due to you said it. Oh and do you have proof you aren't like that. Exactly, don't make stupid remarks like that. Also, wheres proof on people wanting Stafy or Balloon fighter. Stafy is stupid and has no chance. Everyone knows it too. Tingle has more of a chance. Balloon Fighter, I give him more of a chance than Stafy. Oh and nothing is funny about anything. You have bad humor my friend.(unless you aren't my friend...either way) Can't you see we are trying to get away with this...hence no one is replying.

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Okay...is that how it is. No pun intended but you basically are talking about yourself there. Yeah and that ain't a flame due to you said it. Oh and do you have proof you aren't like that. Exactly, don't make stupid remarks like that. Also, wheres proof on people wanting Stafy or Balloon fighter. Stafy is stupid and has no chance. Everyone knows it too. Tingle has more of a chance. Balloon Fighter, I give him more of a chance than Stafy. Oh and nothing is funny about anything. You have bad humor my friend.(unless you aren't my friend...either way) Can't you see we are trying to get away with this...hence no one is replying.
That made exceedingly little sense.
I'm surprised by how little sense it made.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Actually that made perfect sense. Read it over. I know no one was talking about Stafy but it is the **** point of it. We really need to stop this though cause it will go on forever. I would unsuscribe but I can't do anything since yesterday but post. Everyone...let's agree and not post to this anymore. Deal or no Deal?(answer if you must)

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Deal.

Creo's the only person on SmashBoards who actually likes the tubby little flamer. It is then settled that Tingle is not popular and has no chance of being a playable character.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Actually, I know like two more people who do as well. Numa Dude(more of Happy Mask Salesman), and...forgot the other kids name lol. Still not a lot. Happy Mask Salesman should be in Brawl as well though. That guy is awesome. I also like the Postman and Windmill guy...okay, I am done.(got to go find another Zelda topic)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Personally, I think Tingle would be hilarious. I dunno just how likely he is, considering that Midna and (sadly) WW Link have a better chance at taking a Zelda spot. I always love saving Tingle from other people on Great Bay by beating them away before they can pop his balloon. =)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Rawr, PMs don't work. I edit my posts and send PMs all the time! Something has to be done!

Well... @Aeris:
Me in the PM that was never born said:
I couldn't help but notice that you are against Wind Waker Link.
Since I actually have a pretty good opinion about you, allow me to attempt to rectify this!

I know, I'm exaggerating, but I just love that little guy THAT much. :p

So, please do tell what you have against him ( although I can guess already ). I want to contribute to the podcast with a rant for WW Link, too, so I should use all the training I can get. *grins*
Sorry for getting off-topic. D=

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
Shaddup u fool!

I think that Mr Tingle would be a great playable character to star in SSBB. He was in SSBM, but not as a playable character. He was merely a piece of the Termina Great Bay stage. I think he really deserves to be the game. He could use his balloon as a recovery move and throw maps as an attack. Also his taunt would be the coolest in the game:

"Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! ...These are the magic words that Tingle created himself. Don't steal them!" - Tingle (in Majora's Mask)

What do you think about having Mr Tingle as a playable character?
Tingle is literally insane! He does not deserve a Brawl spot! That is a insult to the game!

Please please shaddup! the name is Kakashi-dono.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Aw, thanks Fawriel! Glad to know you think I'm not a total idiot. =)

Anyhow, it's not that I hate WW Link--I love WW, don't get me wrong--I just think that there are better Zelda characters to use. The Triforce Trio are shoo-ins, so that takes up three spots right there. I thought YLink was a waste in Melee, and it seems like some people are content to see YLink return in Melee as WW Link. Were WW Link to be included, he should have an original moveset to make the differences between him and TP Link far more pronounced. I'm more anti-clone than anti-WW Link, but I'd much rather see Midna and Skull Kid as PCs. I just don't see WW Link playing differently enough from Link to warrant his inclusion over more exciting characters, especially Midna; straight-up clones should be a thing of the past.

Looking forward to your response. =) And I acknowledge the inevitability of WW Link's inclusion, anyway, so it's basically just me whining and whinging because that's a character slot that could go to a Zelda character that I like better or a retro character that I would much rather see (Little Mac, Skapon, Mike Jones).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would have to say that if I could only pick one flamboyant man in green to participate in Smash, I would pick Tingle over Luigi.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You're welcome. We tend to disagree a lot, but I much rather have an eloquent and intelligent person disagree with me than an idiot agreeing.

Anyway, I can understand that some people see Young Link as a waste... he is actually my main, and although I must tell you that he plays quite differently from Link, his moveset was indeed half-hearted and messed up. It seemed like they just tried to give his attacks SOME kind of different effect, which left him with a moveset in which some parts just don't seem to fit.

However, as for the subject of playing differently from Link ( who is mostly about long-ranged, slow, powerful sword attacks, long-ranged grab and shuffled aerials with some projectile mindgames [ while Young Link is all about projectile spamming and keeping your distance, keeping the opponent on their toes and decreasing their options during the unstopping onslaught of projectiles, then moving in for the kill with aerials ])...
Allow me to direct you here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2565174&postcount=299
I hope that'll ease your cloney fears. :p

And now to end the WW Link tangent:

I would have to say that if I could only pick one flamboyant man in green to participate in Smash, I would pick Tingle over Luigi.
Ouch, man. Ouch.

That was my other main. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom