• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Moveset Thread - [COMPLETE]

kataridragon

Smash Ace
One oft favorite things is to spring gimp a Rob into oblivion. It takes like 3-4 springs but since he is so slow in the air with his up b it's easy to just keep gimping him until he is out of fuel.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
He also can't start any aerials while he's using his fuel.

Sonic can go pretty deep versus ROB offstage. It's funny.

:093:

NNID
MasterHavik
No matter how much I read it seems we're still figuring out sonic. I still think Sonic has one of the best recovery in the game. One question, did Sonic get lighter?

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I really like the Bair as an option because it really spikes. I don't perfectly understand the right timing to do it but I'm gonna practice and give you my results.

I'd also love to see S.O. doing a video of the Fsmash angled down

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
We were this close to making sense. Oh well :cool:

Ok, I tried with the angled FSmash and it does work, but I've only managed to make it work with 1/4 speed. The problem is that its startup takes 50% longer than DSmash's (frame 18 vs 12 - the FSmash's hitboxes do last 50% more, though, but not a lot - 3 vs 2), which makes timing it right even worse. Add that to the almost frame perfect you need to be in order to hit the opponent during the vulnerability frames and you get what you get.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wow, very interesting development! I'll be looking at this and seeing what we get.

Characters with recoveries that hit people onstage (like marth) will benefit so much from this discovery :O

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
OH I GET IT.
So everyone is basically Brawl G&W now. Neat.

It's not as hard as the video makes it though. So long as a hurtbox is out during that single frame, they'll get hit. Excellent video though.:applejack:

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Excited to give it a watch! Probably won't have as much time today as I'd like to, but definitely interested to see what you put together.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
welp, guess i'll be getting a lot more niche KO's now due to knowing i can just throw out a meaty Dair or properly time'd Bair when they ledge snap. Though this will be scary if Megaman players learn to take advantage of this using their Dair......

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Based Orochi, We have SO many options for punishing this mechanic and I love it. you know I'll be practising this :D

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Awesome, hope we can benefit more than suffer penalties from this.

I mean, it's SO easy to use Ike's Eruption for this that it's not even funny.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I mean, it's SO easy to use Ike's Eruption for this that it's not even funny.
Yup.

It's ridiculous.

As I stated in the other thread, great work. I liked the creativity in options, but there was one thing I was wondering. I know Sheik can stagespike people by Dairing into the ledge if your opponent is still holding it... Does that work for Sonic at all? I don't think it does, but was curious.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Theres been moments where ive smacked a couple of people out of ledgesnap with a melee style bair into the ledge onstage.

Edit: reread what you actually said. Yeah dair into the ledge will hit through the stage on a ledgesnap, idk about if someones holding it. Thatd be a great option for anyone who regrabs the ledge

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Edit: reread what you actually said. Yeah dair into the ledge will hit through the stage on a ledgesnap, idk about if someones holding it.
Cooool.

Seems like an even safer set-up (probably difficult to time though).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You have to remember that the autocancel distance is a lot worse in this game than Brawl, but you can definitely still jump then dair offstage safely. Shouldn't be SD'ing from it (I always save my double jump when I use dair offstage).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've been chasing after ppl alot recently with weak HA after Uthrow (if they are on weird %'s that prevents Spring Chase-aerials)
It's slower than Spring Chasing, but it lets you keep your DJ which is nice.
Pretty cool when edgeguarding high after Fthrow as well.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I just wanna let everyone know that a dash attack totally gimps a yoshis recovery. Eggs can't save him if he is pushed back an doesn't regain his jump.

Last edited:

theGIANT

Smash Rookie
Soo much useful info here! I'm just getting into Sonic myself and would really like to main him. Just one question: I was playing Sonic earlier and he did an animation on the ground where he was in ball-form and spun around in a circle before getting up. I thought it was his getup attack but that has a different animation. Any ideas what this was? It's not a tilt, grab, smash, aerial or special as far as I can tell. I mostly want to know because it looked so cool, haha.

Last edited:

Tenki

Smash Hero
ultra late to this party but
Alright, here's the vid. Have fun! :4sonic:

I can feel the hype watching this lol.

Soo much useful info here! I'm just getting into Sonic myself and would really like to main him. Just one question: I was playing Sonic earlier and he did an animation on the ground where he was in ball-form and spun around in a circle before getting up. I thought it was his getup attack but that has a different animation. Any ideas what this was? It's not a tilt, grab, smash, aerial or special as far as I can tell. I mostly want to know because it looked so cool, haha.
Could have been a single charge/"cancelled" down-b?

Ganemdar

Smash Rookie
Did you try dash attack @ Sonic Orochi Sonic Orochi ? I've had some interesting dash attacks with people heading to the edge. Occasionally I'll dash attack just as they are trying to get the edge and they'll get launched at an awesome horizontal/downward angle. It doesn't happen very often and when I try to replicate it during a match (haven't tried in training) I can never get it right.

If what I've been actually doing is hitting people during their 1 frame vulnerability with a dash attack then that would make me pretty happy since catching people with that is very satisfying. Its one of those moments where I'm like "wtf???" and I'm sure my opponent is too since they react late to try and recover.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Okay, new stuff. Nothing major, though.

When SDR/SCR off a platform, if you time a C-stick to the opposite direction right before entering ASDR/ASC you'll be able to jump backwards instead of diagonally forward-ish (just hitting jump will make you jump straight up). Oh, and, yes, you'll have to be ****ing frame perfect as well. I think that all of these "ATs" people are finding in Sm4sh are totally due to a programming oversight. Every-****ing-thing has to be frame perfect. Screw that.

@ Sonic Orochi Sonic Orochi
Don't suppose we can get some frame data for our standing/running/pivot grab? as in when the grab-box is actually out? thanks in advance bro
I think I can try to get that but I don't really know how accurate that'd be because I'm not that familiar with frame data. I only used the DSmash frame data in the vid because we have a data dump that corroborates that info.

Did you try dash attack @ Sonic Orochi Sonic Orochi ? I've had some interesting dash attacks with people heading to the edge. Occasionally I'll dash attack just as they are trying to get the edge and they'll get launched at an awesome horizontal/downward angle. It doesn't happen very often and when I try to replicate it during a match (haven't tried in training) I can never get it right.

If what I've been actually doing is hitting people during their 1 frame vulnerability with a dash attack then that would make me pretty happy since catching people with that is very satisfying. Its one of those moments where I'm like "wtf???" and I'm sure my opponent is too since they react late to try and recover.
I've posted a spreadsheet with some data on ledge shenanigans but I guess it was overshadowed by the new video haha

Here it is: (link).

About the ledgesnap vulnerability + running attack, well, I've tried it against Charizard (one of the easiest to hit with a RA when he's grabbing the ledge) and it didn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@ Tenki Tenki Is there more than one get-up attack? :O
I believe so. For some reason I can't seem to recall off the top of my head, but it might vary depending on your %. I'm almost positive he has a get-up attack animation of doing a Brawl Dsmash-esque animation.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Anything new tech-wise?

I beat Boss, Acid, Logic, and Bengalz last Saturday. Vids will be on Keitaro's channel or in the archive of rushhoursmash. I got 3rd. All :4sonic:. I've learned ALOT recently due to actually putting time into this game.

:018:

Tenki

Smash Hero
I believe so. For some reason I can't seem to recall off the top of my head, but it might vary depending on your %. I'm almost positive he has a get-up attack animation of doing a Brawl Dsmash-esque animation.

< 100%, >= 100% I thought were the two.

Anything new tech-wise?
After playing Sm4sh casually and just now coming back, the main 'new' things I've seen are the ledge snap abuse and instant spindash jump, which I can't pull off near 90% yet :/

also sucks that when you do one, you need to SH or something to renew your jump next time you do a spindash special.

Okay, new stuff. Nothing major, though.

When SDR/SCR off a platform, if you time a C-stick to the opposite direction right before entering ASDR/ASC you'll be able to jump backwards instead of diagonally forward-ish (just hitting jump will make you jump straight up). Oh, and, yes, you'll have to be ****ing frame perfect as well. I think that all of these "ATs" people are finding in Sm4sh are totally due to a programming oversight. Every-****ing-thing has to be frame perfect. Screw that.
I don't think it's C-stick.
I've had some stupid unwanted double jumps backward (with tap jump off) using just control stick input (3DS version) after doing something off the edge. I can't tell you if it was just running and trying to do a bair off-edge or using spindash though.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
< 100%, >= 100% I thought were the two.
That sounds right to me. Like I said, I was pretty sure it varied by %, like ledge attacks.
After playing Sm4sh casually and just now coming back, the main 'new' things I've seen are the ledge snap abuse and instant spindash jump, which I can't pull off near 90% yet :/
Same. ISDJ is pretty useful though. Sometimes as a substitute I just sorta run and stop into a Down B and immediately pursue with SDJ but it's not the same ;_;
Hm, I overlooked this the first time.

This has never happened to me.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sometimes as a substitute I just sorta run and stop into a Down B and immediately pursue with SDJ but it's not the same ;_;
Speaking of down b (just throwing this out there), does it seem more useful to do an uncharged / slightly charged one to just roll across someone? It's kind of like a derpy dash attack that you can cancel into a jump, or lets you follow up with a tilt if you can roll across someone's shield. It feels like a terrible replacement to ASCSC but completely on the ground :|

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Speaking of down b (just throwing this out there), does it seem more useful to do an uncharged / slightly charged one to just roll across someone? It's kind of like a derpy dash attack that you can cancel into a jump, or lets you follow up with a tilt if you can roll across someone's shield. It feels like a terrible replacement to ASCSC but completely on the ground :|
Slow spin charge has its uses.

Shield pressure from spin charge is stronger this game. When it connects with shields you can hold forward to do multiple hits like in Brawl but I think we may get more from the grounded version now and it slows down, so even if you're going at like a not total snail speed, it might slow down on shield for a bunch of hits. Once it stops you can do possible cross ups like you mentioned into tilts, or even a really delayed VSCJ (when SCR is going that slow, doing a SCJ is practically a vertical one which is pretty neat to know).

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Been playing around with items (bananas, Metal Blades, turnips) and SCR->SCJ->throw item down->Bair at mid percents seems legit.

Top Bottom