• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move utilization week #12: u-smash

I really need to find the decay rates for this move...

10/10. What should be the next move, this one seems to have been covered pretty well.

I motion for Dash Attack personally. That attack is pretty useful, but not everyone uses it to it's fullest potiential I would think. Although to keep up with the trend, uptilt would be next.

napZzz

Smash Hero
double ftilt is 2pro and seems kind of fast. I dont think it makes the next one come out faster though

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Grab Release > dash attack totally owned my friends MK.

Unless they KNOW to Nair, they get hit. It's great.

It also hits in a such a way that they get launched forwards..... so bad DI can kill them at around 90% oo....

I also motion for Dash Attack.

Grab Release > dash attack totally owned my friends MK.

Unless they KNOW to Nair, they get hit. It's great.

It also hits in a such a way that they get launched forwards..... so bad DI can kill them at around 90% oo....

I also motion for Dash Attack.

That could be an interesting thing to try.... Finish the Boost Grab CG list finished. And more than likely those people are able to be dash attacked out of an Air Release. See the KO % for the dash attack and we might have a combo at higher percents that could lead into death.

Err... Nvm. Falco takes till 150% on FD, without proper DI, fresh dash attack before getting KOed. With proper DI that would be more like 170% to ensure total Stock and that is on the 3rd lightest character. Grenade is more likely to KO the person.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It's good the ftilt lock of Snake? It's neccesarily to crouch to use it before using the first ftilt before the end of it's histun?

Panix

Smash Ace
It's good the ftilt lock of Snake? It's neccesarily to crouch to use it before using the first ftilt before the end of it's histun?
f-tilt lock? The only ftilt lock is one where you just use the first hit of the ftilt over and over. not completely a lock, people can get out. and is punish easily at high lvl's if you do it more then like...2 times.

Nic64

Smash Lord
9/10

I tend to punish with ftilt more than spacing with it, it does actually get outranged a good amount unless you use the second hit which is easy to see coming and punish usually because of the additional start up, but just being really campy forces a lot of errors and punishing a decent amount of them with a 21% attack is always great. it also shuts down a good number of ledge options if you space yourself out of their getup attack range. good midrange attack, jab seems better when they're extremely close to you like if they roll into you but not behind you because not only is it a frame faster but at very close range they actually get knocked behind you from the first hit of ftilt.

also does anyone know roughly what the chance for tripping on this is? I think it's about 20-30% or something but that's just an estimate, I haven't done real testing on it and I usually follow up with the second hit regardless because I don't really watch out for that...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
f-tilt lock? The only ftilt lock is one where you just use the first hit of the ftilt over and over. not completely a lock, people can get out. and is punish easily at high lvl's if you do it more then like...2 times.
Unless the first hit trips them. Then you should be able to do the first strike again.

Panix

Smash Ace
Unless the first hit trips them. Then you should be able to do the first strike again.
Yea true, didn't think about the trip ;).

Dash attack- really really useful skill, I have to say dash attack is my trump card with snake.
Best thing to do with it is wait for a approach by just walking back and forth, and then when they start to approach just dash and contact mortar slide, at low percents this combo's for like 30% dmg.

I love this move with a passion

8/10 for usefulness.

Nic64

Smash Lord
dash attack is amazing for it's range, snake rolls across like a third of FD even without the mortar slide, makes it really good at punishing things that are too far away to grab or ftilt. has relatively little lag and can be contact mortar slided when you hit with it early. one of my favorite things about it is how badly it thwarts a lot of attempts to use items against snake, both the standard dash attack and mortar slide have a pretty good reach for collecting items and can even parry many attempts to use them against you because the attacks themselves also have such great range. it's good sometimes against people falling to the ground and can also hit opponents hanging on the ledge. not very useful as an approach or anything but it has a lot of utility.

8/10

SuSa

I use it for grabbing items, to hit out of a grab release (Falco/MK) and for punishing when I'm to far away to tilt.

7/10 for usefullness - fighting Diddy without this move would be impossible for me

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
6/10 I use it for killing sometimes when i'm running towards them, and like SuSa said it's hard to play Diddy with out this move.

mofo_

Smash Ace
Training Mode: 11%
VS Mode: 11.5%

I think dash attack is great because after it hits them, snake rolls behind them. it also a fast move. it can kill at around 170% or so... so dash attack it useful, u can use it to pick up grenades and atk with it.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Punish landings and small openings with the dash attack to prop them up in the air and set them up for different things. Whenever the Ftilt isn't long enough, just use the dash attack.

8/10

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Don't forget to c-stick down and push the controller stick forward at the same time for instant dash attacks from a standstill =D...

Not that DAing from a standstill is that useful compared to f-tilt, but it is nice for a contact mortar slide, or for someone running at you to get an item, where both can be hit...

8/10 IMHO.

mofo_

Smash Ace
up tilt is godly! a fresh up tilt is what is all about man! 10/10 for usefulness it comes pretty fast and has a disjointed hitbox. iirc you can grab release wario into an utilt, you can do jab>utilt or even ftilt trip>u tilt
im not sure about this one,but maybe even 3rd hit dair>utilt? lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
utilt is the gayest move in the game. I heard that its secretly snakes junk whipping out and slapping people 10/10 because it has ******** range and kills so early.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
10/10.

Stupid strong. Stupid fast. Stupid stupid stupid.

I usually save it for kills on the first stock, but if I already kill the opponent, and I am probably going to die before their next death, I abuse its approach stopping abilities all I can. Great, great move. If snake had 2 of these, one for killing and one for damaging, he would be amaaaaaazing(er than he already is)!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
9/10. Hard to hit some characters and very easy to predict at times due to lack of versatility. Also leaves you wide open for a counter attack if whiffed.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
jab -> uptilt is guaranteed if the opponent is in the air

it *****, crazy range, crazy killing power, and crazy priority

punishable on whiff though

9/10

etecoon

Smash Hero
2/10

fsmash knockback is broken but hitting people with it is problematic and leaves you wide open

napZzz

Smash Hero
**** tub I thought you was a dead *****. I'll post something later on this I gotta go soon.

Gr1mmy

Smash Apprentice
Forward Smash-
  • Punishment after shield break
  • Mindgames?
  • A way to edgeguard. In conjunction with nades, mines, mortar, the works.

If it had the range of Ike's Fsmash, it'd be pretty sexy.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
2/10

-predict rolls (way ahead of time)
-punch your opponent then fsmash while they're bundles over in pain
-get lucky
-Ajax combo

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
41 start-up jezus. massive ending lag too. The blast can **** recoverys if you have the reflexes to release on time (i remember ally doing it to ADHD).

mofo_

Smash Ace
get lucky with down throw, use edgeguarding ( but you way better options ) its hitbox aims downwards so you can be on a platform and hit someone below you and its the 3rd strongest f-smash, do that lame naded f-smash, just throw it out randomly and hope it hits

hmmm 3/10

IxxI

Smash Fence
I sometimes use FSmash on people who are trying to FF airdodge through me when they are coming from above.

SuSa

Prediction. Nuf' said

Also what corrupted said. I've owned a few Falco's and such by releasing it perfectly on time. Buuuut that goes partly with predicting their recovery.

It can also hit people before they sweetspot the ledge (Ganon/Falcon notably, but when do you face them in tournament?)

3/10

Only way to hit with this is if your opponent is an idiot to run into it, or you predict them running into it. Either way, it involves your opponent doing what you want them to do which we know is very difficult to get a someone to do your bidding.

Excellent reason why you don't want your Shield Broken.

Best set-ups are against thoses with bad recoveries by charging it out over the ledge next to the edge. But if you are trying that you may as well just edgehog them and be able to time it better. Other set-ups are mortar the person as they try to air dodge and hit them in the lag of it.

Decent method to cause people to approach as well. Be prepared to hit shield or jab after firing it if they start dashing after you.

2/10. Only get's a 2 because it kills early. If it didn't it would be a 1/10.

Top Bottom