• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Set Discussion - MOVE OF THE DAY = Dair

Ryan-K

Smash Master
It also has a very decieving horizontal hitbox that is slightly wider than wario's body and a big vertical hitbox (his hands expand when he claps).

Great move. Good to fall down on people with, kills great. Probably his only vert ko option but it's like fox's uair from melee in terms of how good it is.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
u-air is amazing

for some amazing reason, it works as an edgeguard really well

u-air is a great killing move along with the half-waft and fsmash

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The u-air is Wario's best vertical killer. It makes the u-smash look obsolete. I always try to use it whenever I'm able to catch the foe in the air.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Wario's up air is one of his best moves, when wario-man it also slightly propels him upward, however, should you be trying to use air attacks to go upward as wario man, use nair, because not only with it make him fly higher, but it wont descrese his hit percentage as much as up air

anyway, it is an awesome move!

3GOD

Smash Ace
Dtilt:
Maximum Damage: 9%
First Attack Frame: Frame 5
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~300% (at the center of FD with no DI)

I don't really know what to say about Dtilt. I almost never use it. It's fast, but there are better options when Wario's grounded in my opinion (Fsmash and Ftilt). It does have the ability to poke some characters that are floating near the edge of the stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The d-tilt is a move that I don't use all that much. I mainly use it to try to catch opponents off guard. Most of the time I rely on his neutral standard attack.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dtilt:
Maximum Damage: 9%
First Attack Frame: Frame 5
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~300% (at the center of FD with no DI)

I don't really know what to say about Dtilt. I almost never use it. It's fast, but there are better options when Wario's grounded in my opinion (Fsmash and Ftilt). It does have the ability to poke some characters that are floating near the edge of the stage.
Mostly I use downtilt for edgeguarding... not sure if it's considered a disjointed hitbox or something but I do know that when I dittod w/ Shell, the downtilt would stop fsmash.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It looks cool as hell. I love weird-animation attacks.

It's got amazing startup time, but has bad cooldown time.

It can catch people off-guard, but it leaves you too open to use much.

Also, I learned yesterday that he's pointing when he uses it. Too good.

W-man

Smash Cadet
I don't use it very often either, but it can be useful in a very long close struggle against a skilled adversary (for mindgames). Otherwise, it's situationnal.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the people i play i usually combo goes Fair Dtilt Fair Nair Dtilt, it works for some people, for others they just fly in awkward directions.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Haha I knew it! Dtilt is not even close to being the last move of the day. Take that Phantom :p

I like dtilt. It's fast, pops your opponent a bit into the air, has nice range (for Wario anyways), and it stays out longer than most people expect. The downsides to it are obviously the cooldown lag, low damage compared to his other ground moves, and the actual hitbox isn't too big IMO.

Sometimes I use this more than Ftilt and Utilt. sometimes I never use it. It depends a lot on who I am facing and what stage we are on.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
DOWNTILT:

Downtilt scares people. And that's what I use it for. Because it lasts so long and it stretches a bit, the ONLY reason I use it is to scare people. But that's just me, it has other applications of course, but I don't prefer it over anything.

If you got your opponent to play a little bit on the defensive, or he is just a defensive player in general, he will wait for you to mess up, then attack. What I usually do (rarely) against some people is downtilt about twice sort of midrange from them, just close enough to get them the false hope that they could counter attack me. Because of the scary downthurst your opponent will generally feel unsafe to attack you while grounded so they will either jump and do an aerial or roll behind you, or run away. If they do the first two options you just scored a free forward smash to their FACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yea I don't downtilt much.

EDIT: I missed bite day....

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Even though it lags a bit at the end, it has a very fast startup time. So sometimes I throw out a dtilt to interrupt an opponent's attack if they're close to me.

It's not the beat move but sometimes I also just dtilt to switch it up. Like dair to dtilt, or fair to dtilt.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Intead though, I like switching it up into jabs instead. Jabs could be spaced for mindgames, pop you up similiarly to the downtilt except with less lag, both jabs are considered different moves to help detrimental moves, and jab>grab and jab>fsmash are tricky.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I'm trying really hard to implement dtilt into my game, and it isn't coming on too hot. You can get a easy fair or ftilt at most percents though, and it might surprise people when they're falling to the ground and are like:

"Thank god I'm finally done with that Wario **** combo."
*falls down the ground, feeling safe*
Dtilt> Start over

I find it really hard to use.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Dtilt's hitbox counts as disjointed I believe, so it can be used to cancel certain close ranged attacks (like other Wario's fsmashes, for example)... I haven't tested much with this, and I doubt I will, but just throwing it t out there XD

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I sometimes use Dtilt to crouch under aerials that don't have a 180 degree hitbox or more in front of the character.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Dash Attack:
Maximum Damage: 8%
First Attack Frame: Frame 4
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~250% (at the center of FD with no DI)

I only use dash attack when I mess up a dash attack canceled Usmash (Boost smash). I find it to be a terrible move. If you have any legitimately good uses for it, let me know please. We'll do a good move tomorrow :).

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
i find my self using dash attack as a follow up to grab throws and other "combos" that land the opponent just out of other attacks reach. It usually hits because it is fast, and hits really low so it will often shield stab (much like dtilt). I never use it as an opener, but i think it has its uses for adding one more hit into a chain *** whoopage.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I only do this at low percentages and then cancel it into an upsmash. Or if someone is near my bike, I will dash attack+usmash the bike and sometimes it hits them because the bike makes the moves last a bit longer than normal.

EDIT: Dthrow to dash attack to usmash >.>

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Used when I mess up the boost smash lol.

I've once caught people falling onto the edge with it since the hitbox goes out horizontally and low, and it pops them up for a fair or something. Other than that it's useless lol.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
dash attack is nice if you wanna run into your opponent when there expecting your bike you dash, its not bad for a couple combos but probably past 50% its not that great, also!!!!! the dash attack is a great move if say, theres an item like a banana or robs top on the field, your dash cancels diddys and robs dash if they were going for the same item at the same time

3GOD

Smash Ace
Grabs/Throws:
Maximum Damage:
Fthrow: 13%
Bthrow: 10%
Dthrow: 8%
Uthrow: 11%
Grab Attack: 2%
First Grab Frame:
Standing/Shield Grab: Frame 6
Dash Grab: Frame 10
Pivot Grab: Frame 8​
Knockback:
Fthrow: KO’s Mario at ~175% (at the center of FD with no DI)
Bthrow: KO’s Mario at ~300% (at the center of FD with no DI)
Dthrow: Cannot KO Mario (at the center of FD with no DI)
Uthrow: KO’s Mario at ~240% (at the center of FD with no DI)​

Wario's grab game is pretty good. I love grabbing/turn around grabbing after spot dodging. I basically only use Dthrow and Fthrow with the occasional Bthrow.

Dthrow = the utility on stage setup. I think this actually may be a chain against DK if done correctly.

Fthrow = get them off stage and edgeguard.

Bthrow = same as Fthrow if you're back is close to the stage edge, but not quite as effective as Fthrow.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
My favorite is his down throw, it's funny how wario sits on his opponents.

what would make it better, though is if he farted on his opponents during the throw

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Fthrow is great at high percentages...if you throw them quick enough, they will usually DI the wrong way and die XD

Sometimes when I fthrow I yell mindgames! Because I know they're gonna DI the wrong way.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
its fun when u see what ur opponent does after dthrow, and they constantly will do it, by 3rd life u can probably predict it 100% of the time

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
so my question is... everyone knows downthrow and forward throws' usefulness, but are back throw and upthrow ever worthwhile? Can they set up for any follow attacks?
- PLease respond only if u have good insight....

Top Bottom