• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Move Set Discussion - MOVE OF THE DAY = Dair

honestluigi

Smash Rookie
good work so far. also could some one do me a big favour? could some one calculate what percentage does wario's forward smash kill mario on from the centre of final destination. my friend and i have a bet on, he says mario's forward smash has better knockback from videos we have seen. we don't have the game till euro release so we would be very appreciative if someone could try it for us, thanks

3GOD

Smash Ace
good work so far. also could some one do me a big favour? could some one calculate what percentage does wario's forward smash kill mario on from the centre of final destination. my friend and i have a bet on, he says mario's forward smash has better knockback from videos we have seen. we don't have the game till euro release so we would be very appreciative if someone could try it for us, thanks
Fsmash should be sometime this week...I think we only have a few moves left...

Bike
Utilt
Fsmash
Dair

Am I missing some?

3GOD

Smash Ace
Utilt:
Maximum Damage: 11%
First Attack Frame: Frame 12
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~160% (at the center of FD with no DI)

I don't know what to say; I almost never use this move.

Goochf1111

Smash Cadet
the move is near useless, but not completely. At low percents it can juggle heavy characters, also it provides a stationary shield of attack on people who are air dodge falling on top of wario. It works as good mindgames to stand there and use this on a falling opponent rather than just fly through the air in every direction like wario normally does.

danielreece2

Smash Cadet
i think this move is not to good. it can set up a Utilt > Uair at low %s but only once or twice every few games, because it gets predictable. i almost NEVER use it. one of the main reasons is that i have tap jump on, and w/e i do try, i end up doing a jump T_T. I can see some good uses for this move, but not for someone with tap jump on...

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
If it counts for anything, my taunt after a kill is to utilt three times.

WAH, WAH, WAH!

it's better than downtaunt

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
i havent tried it but im gona see how much priority it has on falling opponents attacks, because it does come out quite fast, has decant dmg, and decant come setups

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Wario's U-tilt is nice and I use it more than U-smash since ppl can DI outta it before the last hit gets in.
Sometimes I love using this move as a taunt after I KO someone.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Still missing moves however. I still think we need to go over the last 3-4 left and make a combined list with every move and what people had to say about it.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I do intend to complete the move list soon. I was out of town for a couple of days among other things. I will do a new move tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
maybe this thread can be continued with a section called techniques and the discussions to follow them?

3GOD

Smash Ace
Bike (Side-B):
Maximum Damage: 11%
First Attack Frame: Frame 20
Knockback: KO’s Mario at ~170% (at the center of FD with no DI)

The Bike is a great move with much versatility. It can be used to plow through many projectiles and attacks, but be careful using it when you have a lot of damage. If you're hit off stage without your Bike, your recovery ability drops significantly. Speaking of recovery, make sure you don't angle the bike forward since this seems to diminish the height of the jump you get from the bike.

Of course, the Bike can also be broken and the wheels can be thrown as projectiles. The Bike itself can be thrown as well, but much slower. I find that it's good to throw the whole bike up with the C-stick; this causes the bike to bounce a lot and forms a sort of defensive wall in the process. For the wheel projectile use, I like to glide toss or bounce them just like the Bike.

In regard to projectile defense, the Bike can block a lot of projectiles, but some of them require the wheelie (just press up to wheelie). Watch out for explosives and ROB's laser in particular when using the Bike.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
The centerpiece of Wario's awesiome recovery game, and Wario's answer to projectiles.

One of Wario's best moves.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'm still trying to master the Bike lol.

Anyone remember the Bike Spike? I have successfully pulled this off at least a dozen times, each with hilarious results. The Reverse Bike Spike is just as amazing (spawn the bike and hit them with your back tire, sending them backwards) :)

Does anybody know how to pull out the bike and fall off instantly? (besides driving off the stage and biking the opposite direction)

On a side note, I also use Wario + Wario Bike in Mario Kart Wii. It's the only way.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
ROBs gyro also hits him off it no matter what you do... it's pretty lame... apparently spinning tops of doom > huge-*** bikes.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
ok, angling the bike forward has one use i noticed, im savingmyself from a ridiculous knock back from way up, so im falling down towards the stage and i bike before i hit platform lvl i angle the bike forward and i get momentum forward, the opponent waiting wants to hit me but i get off so fast that i can air dodge past him

gyro is so bull**** because it hits u 99% of the time on ur bike, laser is bull**** but if u wanna trick rob, bike towards him and turn back ull usualy fall off bike and land behind and crouch, rarely works but meh

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Crouching behind your bike would only help you against the gyro anyway... really though, don't even bother w/ the bike against ROB, except for recovery purposes or the very occasional surprise attack.

The Bike is very dynamic though, I love it. And bike > up air or waft match enders are just amazing.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I use the bike for suprise attacks . Not the best attack move, but totally the coolest looking move in the game.

By the way, Is it worth it, if you have time, to destroy it for tires?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I ALWAYS destroy by bike for the tires. It's very worth it.

There's a very easy way to get a bike without lag. Just run off the stage, then immediately bike in the opposite direction. If you do it fast enough, you will fall off the bike and it will land right next to you. Then break it of course. This doesn't work on some stages though, but it works on most.

Ace55

Smash Lord
How could I block out a fully charged aura sphere without my trusted bike?

Hell, if he's at high percent you can kill someone while doing the old bike taunt and blocking his shot at the same time. You have to give it points just for that. Plus you can eat it, they really thought of everything when it comes to Wario.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I ALWAYS destroy by bike for the tires. It's very worth it.

There's a very easy way to get a bike without lag. Just run off the stage, then immediately bike in the opposite direction. If you do it fast enough, you will fall off the bike and it will land right next to you. Then break it of course. This doesn't work on some stages though, but it works on most.
Thanks for the tips I'll start doing it more. I always just eat my bike so I don't gimp my own recovery.(it also looks so funny.):laugh:

3GOD

Smash Ace
Fsmash:
Maximum Damage: 20%
First Attack Frame: Frame 9 (Super Armor Frames 8-11)
Knockback: KO’s Mario at 98% (at the center of FD with no DI)

A lot can be said about the Fsmash, but not much really needs to be said. It's simply awesome. If you want, you can use it for "combos" early on. Or you can use it to knock the opponent off stage to set up and edgeguard. Or you can save it and use it for a guaranteed KO.

I personally find it to be too good of a move to avoid using it, so it tends to be decayed somewhat for me. I don't know if that's necessarily the best choice, but I know Wario has other good KO moves like Uair, Waft, and Ftilt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I love it... there's really nothing quite as sweet as superarmoring through a MKs downsmash for the kill when you're both down to your last life.

Ace55

Smash Lord
As hard as it is I really like saving this move for the kill. In most situations you can replace it with bite, jab (Ftilt not so much) or even an aerial. It can kill so easily when it's fresh, it's ridiculous. Nowadays I'd rather use my upair to get some damage in than my Fsmash. Against some characters it's just so much easier to land compared to a Upair (Lucario and MK come to mind).

And it's just fantastic to see Wario go straight through another attack and still kill his opponent. It didn't even really need SA to be a great move, but they put it in anyway.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Normally the f-smash's usage is limited due to its lack of range. While powerful, you need to be real close to foes for it to work.

It's a move that I don't use much. However, if Wario becomes Wario Man, THEN the f-smash becomes more reliable. As Wario Man, the f-smash's range is even greater.

Top Bottom