• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mourning Pirates Present: Enter the Dragon 2/5

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ehh, singles hasn't been fun for me in a while and I also haven't made a decent profit on it during the past few tournies.

I haven't been compelled to practice in a long time (especially with MvC3 on the horizon) and I don't get enough fun or money out of it to motivate me to enter anymore (This sounds kind of familiar, Kevin).
Except...I don't care about money?

=)

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'd like to go to this, is there anyone from the Charlotte/UNCC area that's driving and has room for me and my teammate?
JD! Maybe you, me, Brian, and whoever else can ride in your car so we can split for gas. I understand if you don't want to drive that far, though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I played until everyone became decent and I felt they were competitive enough to improve on their own+the game stopped being as fun for me since everyone plays gay now.

You played until it became harder to win money...which isn't fun I guess lol.

Semantics me a good "fun definition" plz.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
You should still enter Melee, Danny

Who knows

you might have fun
Ha, I've always said that Danny's Doc would make an impact in NC if he picked up the game long ago and practiced. I'm sure you would agree, Lucas. :laugh:

As for retiring from Brawl singles, I've already talked to him about that, and it's no use convincing him to return. He's dead-set, but hey, with him and Keith retired that means two PR spots are effectively up for grabs. :surprised:

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I played until everyone became decent and I felt they were competitive enough to improve on their own+the game stopped being as fun for me since everyone plays gay now.

You played until it became harder to win money...which isn't fun I guess lol.

Semantics me a good "fun definition" plz.
I like you being direct. It makes things get to the point quicker, haha.

I mean, I've talked about quitting since like half a year ago. Singles hasn't been fun to me for quite a while (just like you said, playing gay is the way to go right now). The only reason I've been playing since then is because I'm power ranked and I was able to scrounge up a profit here and there.

Heck, I made a profit at the last Duke in singles, but I still didn't enjoy playing it there (just ask Keith). I haven't played singles for fun in quite a while, I played singles for money (and possible improvement to make even more money).

Since then, my profits in singles have gone down, which obviously means a decrease in my motivation (MvC3 isn't helping either). So yes, I have been playing for money recently, I just want to let you know that the fun left quite a while ago (and I even explicitly stated this).

V1CE

Smash Champion
Ehh, singles hasn't been fun for me in a while and I also haven't made a decent profit on it during the past few tournies.

I haven't been compelled to practice in a long time (especially with MvC3 on the horizon) and I don't get enough fun or money out of it to motivate me to enter anymore (This sounds kind of familiar, Kevin).
well i understand MvC3 is coming out and your hype for that... but honestly if i was on top of a state pr for awhile and I was used to getting like 1-3rd alot then all of a sudden it seem like i wasn't makin as much money anymore that would DRIVE me to improve! not make me wanna give up and stop playing... I understand brawl isnt always fun to play but there is something that is makin us wanna play it that isnt always about money...

I think we secretly do enjoy the game more than we give ourselves credit for and now that we are such a part of the community and have made some good friends... we dont wanna completely stop. Imo my job is never done till I get to the top... Thats my drive right now at least. I know it will take a lot of work but ya... too stay on top smash has to be an obsession... I hope you dont lose your drive shady.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like you being direct. It makes things get to the point quicker, haha.

I mean, I've talked about quitting since like half a year ago. Singles hasn't been fun to me for quite a while (just like you said, playing gay is the way to go right now). The only reason I've been playing since then is because I'm power ranked and I was able to scrounge up a profit here and there.

Heck, I made a profit at the last Duke in singles, but I still didn't enjoy playing it there (just ask Keith). I haven't played singles for fun in quite a while, I played singles for money (and possible improvement to make even more money).

Since then, my profits in singles have gone down, which obviously means a decrease in my motivation (MvC3 isn't helping either). So yes, I have been playing for money recently, I just want to let you know that the fun left quite a while ago (and I even explicitly stated this).
Usually people get mad when I do that. <.< Thanks for not being that guy LOL. <3

I always assumed money=fun to you, but I'll take your word for it. A loooot of people hate Brawl singles so I can't ignore that evidence(despite the fact that you're better in teams and make more money in it XD).

Also I approve of your honesty. A lot of people woulda been gay about admitting they play for money LOL. It's a competition as long as you play well who cares why you do it lol.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
@PP- No problem and yep, money =/= fun for me, but money alone was enough to make me stay for a while.

@Vice- I honestly haven't liked singles for a long time though, haha. As for the community, I'll still be seeing them since I'm not quitting doubles (heck, I'll pretty much be interacting with the community more as a whole since less of my time will be put into tourney matches).

I don't doubt that I could go places if I practiced and really put my mind to it, but I honestly don't even enjoy singles enough to put that kind of time and dedication into it.

archer.

Smash Lord
JD! Maybe you, me, Brian, and whoever else can ride in your car so we can split for gas. I understand if you don't want to drive that far, though.
I really don't want to drive that far, mostly because of this giant crack in my windshield that I got over the weekend. But I guess I may not have a choice if I want to go.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ uncle im not really quitting. I love this game to much.

but later on in the year i may take a 3 month hiatus and concentrate strictly on mvc3, just to understand the game more and get into the metagame.

but nah, i cant say i will actually quit this game

falco and diddy are too fun

wario is to gay

and mk is to easy.

they are perfect for me :)

Plus i wont be satisfied until im the best with one of my chars, whether it's the EC or the nation. I want to be the best with one of my chars. and i want to win a regional. Then maybe ill quit for good. or maybe not, cause when i came into brawl, i wanted to be top 5 in the state, and win a tourney. In my career i have done both more than once, and now i only want to do more.

So who knows. The day i win a regional, my next goal maybe to win a national. idk.

V1CE

Smash Champion
I really don't want to drive that far, mostly because of this giant crack in my windshield that I got over the weekend. But I guess I may not have a choice if I want to go.
Hey if you do end up driving do you think maybe i can tag along with you uncle and your partner? I live in Weddington tho which is right south of Charlotte... How much would you charge for gas if you do drive...

archer.

Smash Lord
Hey if you do end up driving do you think maybe i can tag along with you uncle and your partner? I live in Weddington tho which is right south of Charlotte... How much would you charge for gas if you do drive...
I could, even though you're like a 30 minute drive in the wrong direction. :awesome:

Still, I want to get my windshield repaired before I do go. Problem is if I have to get it replaced instead, which requires money that I probably don't have. And as far as gas, I'll try and do an even split.

V1CE

Smash Champion
I could, even though you're like a 30 minute drive in the wrong direction. :awesome:

Still, I want to get my windshield repaired before I do go. Problem is if I have to get it replaced instead, which requires money that I probably don't have. And as far as gas, I'll try and do an even split.
alright well let me know so we will see whats good :D

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
he's DJing on hillsborough street I believe.

And I haven't seen him in monthes. We were supposed to go the Equinox together. ;_;

He spins some bomb-*** psytrance tunes

However, I also know that Stylee will be there. And everytime I've seen stylee, he's torn it the **** UP.

0Room

Smash Lord
Just to let you know, they're calling for snow friday/saturday of this week
So I'll let you know what happens

Top Bottom