• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Though that's not the only accomplishment I made recently. I finally got 3 stars on all cups on 200cc on Mario Kart 8 a little while ago.

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
I also finished everything up for mk8 singleplayer (I guess that's what it's called) as I got the DLC, 3 starred everything for the DLC, beat the DLC time trials staff and used all the DLC characters over like 4 days. I even got the golden glider while doing it which was swell. 200cc bell cup was the worst thing ever though - Super Meat Boy was a more pleasant experience than that trash lol (I actually enjoyed that game and it wasn't really all too horrible but it did take me like 20+ tries to 3 star it ;_;.)

I've also been practicing Rosa a ton in training mode in regards to smash, but despite all the hours I've poured in I don't have too much of the technique perfected :p So I'll keep workin' on it. I should stop practicing so much against CPUs though I s'pose. I have a few amiibos buuuut most of them act like CPUs and always try (and sometimes succeed) to punish me with their unadulterated 30% up smashes which is silly. I annihilate my Rosa amiibo in dittos because she plays.. uh.. defensively? and I just throw out moves way faster than she can react. At least she knows how to lunar land :yeahboi: I think :yeahboi: or perhaps she accidentally did it I don't really know. I'm reluctant to do for glory since I always feel my internet is kinda bad (but it's hard to tell if my internet is poor or others' is .-.) and people get way too worked up/mad on that. Finding and fighting people IRL is outta the question, at least for now...

Maybe I'll try smash ladder since Shofu made a good video on it - anyone here have experience/advice with/for it?

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Which dress will she wear in the Mario Tennis?
Maybe her usual dress, but I really don't like the two others. The second is Peach's one and the third... makes her stupid I think...
If she wears a dress other than these 3, I would be gladder, sorry :ohwell:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Though that's not the only accomplishment I made recently. I finally got 3 stars on all cups on 200cc on Mario Kart 8 a little while ago.
Congrats!
I recently try to get good with Rosalina and Shulk, but didn't go too well for now...
Either middle or right one. I prefer right one the most.
And here's my best 10 multiman Smash record

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I also finished everything up for mk8 singleplayer (I guess that's what it's called) as I got the DLC, 3 starred everything for the DLC, beat the DLC time trials staff and used all the DLC characters over like 4 days. I even got the golden glider while doing it which was swell. 200cc bell cup was the worst thing ever though - Super Meat Boy was a more pleasant experience than that trash lol (I actually enjoyed that game and it wasn't really all too horrible but it did take me like 20+ tries to 3 star it ;_;.)

I've also been practicing Rosa a ton in training mode in regards to smash, but despite all the hours I've poured in I don't have too much of the technique perfected :p So I'll keep workin' on it. I should stop practicing so much against CPUs though I s'pose. I have a few amiibos buuuut most of them act like CPUs and always try (and sometimes succeed) to punish me with their unadulterated 30% up smashes which is silly. I annihilate my Rosa amiibo in dittos because she plays.. uh.. defensively? and I just throw out moves way faster than she can react. At least she knows how to lunar land :yeahboi: I think :yeahboi: or perhaps she accidentally did it I don't really know. I'm reluctant to do for glory since I always feel my internet is kinda bad (but it's hard to tell if my internet is poor or others' is .-.) and people get way too worked up/mad on that. Finding and fighting people IRL is outta the question, at least for now...

Maybe I'll try smash ladder since Shofu made a good video on it - anyone here have experience/advice with/for it?
I also want to improve my skills with Rosie but also with Mega Man, Link, Ganondorf, Falco, Little Mac and maybe Ike.
Seing that she had her usual dress in Mario Golf: World Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if they make her still wear it if she does make it to Mario Tennis.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nah, it doesn't take no guts to take the challenge. It takes a whole lotta balls to take it.
A massive amount if you expect to conquer Duck Hunt's challenge and Ike's challenge; both of which require you to clear the true solo All-Star mode on hard difficulty, with Duck Hunt's challenge being immune to Golden Hammers. While you can clear most of the hard difficulty challenges before unlocking everyone (such as clearing All-Star on hard with 8 characters), you'd still have to do the true All-Star mode on hard at least twice.

Smash 3DS is less brutal with its All-Star mode challenges, since they don't require you to play the true All-Star mode, AND you can Golden Hammer all of them, with the exception of clearing All-Star with every fighter.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A massive amount if you expect to conquer Duck Hunt's challenge and Ike's challenge; both of which require you to clear the true solo All-Star mode on hard difficulty, with Duck Hunt's challenge being immune to Golden Hammers. While you can clear most of the hard difficulty challenges before unlocking everyone (such as clearing All-Star on hard with 8 characters), you'd still have to do the true All-Star mode on hard at least twice.

Smash 3DS is less brutal with its All-Star mode challenges, since they don't require you to play the true All-Star mode, AND you can Golden Hammer all of them, with the exception of clearing All-Star with every fighter.
The only challenge I have left is to get all of the Mii fighter outfits, how can I do that quickly?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only challenge I have left is to get all of the Mii fighter outfits, how can I do that quickly?
That's quite strange. Usually you'd get all the Mii outfits "before" getting all the Mii headgear.

Anyway, Master Orders and Crazy Orders are your best bets. Look for any tickets that have the Smash Bros. symbol present on the reward, as you're more likely to pick up Mii outfits or Mii headgear from them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's quite strange. Usually you'd get all the Mii outfits "before" getting all the Mii headgear.

Anyway, Master Orders and Crazy Orders are your best bets. Look for any tickets that have the Smash Bros. symbol present on the reward, as you're more likely to pick up Mii outfits or Mii headgear from them.
Um... I was referring to the 3DS version.
Yeah, I was mentioning the last 3DS challenge.
Obtain all custom outfits, headgear, and special moves.
Are any way to get those quickly?
I already got all of the custom special moves. Now are outfits and headgear.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Um... I was referring to the 3DS version.
Yeah, I was mentioning the last 3DS challenge.

Are any way to get those quickly?
I already got all of the custom special moves. Now are outfits and headgear.
I ended up using Target Blast to try to acquire the remaining few headgear parts that I was missing. Just keep in mind that the Miis do not improve your odds of acquiring Mii outfits and Mii headgear.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I ended up using Target Blast to try to acquire the remaining few headgear parts that I was missing. Just keep in mind that the Miis do not improve your odds of acquiring Mii outfits and Mii headgear.
Ok, maybe I'll go and give a try.

And here a small news about Smash Bros in Taiwan, Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS (Japanese text however) is coming to the Taiwan region 3DS system on July 24 along with the NFC reader (There's no New 3DS in the Taiwan region), I hope this can make the Smash scene more bigger in Taiwan, even though the chance is slim, since not much Taiwanese buy the Taiwan 3DS. Only the children will buy them, gamers like us don't.
http://www.nintendo.tw/pressrelease/3ds_20150710_smashbros.htm

And most you guys might ask: what about Smash WiiU? Trust me, we don't even have any offical Wii U import. So I guess the Smash 3DS Taiwan softwarecan link to the Japanese Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I don't need to worry about all that **** because I already beaten all the All-Star challenges on both versions. I just have three challenges left to complete, one of which includes collecting all the Mii headgear, which has been a pain in the ass.
Grinding the game.

It's random. All you need is patience and luck (Tino don't kill me). I myself haven't been bothering with challenges much.
When you say "luck", you're only hoping you'd fail.

Sitecon

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I'm sitecon a Singapore smash player, and I need the smashboards help to analyze this game and tell me where I went wrong... (Ps I have been watch this thread for quite awhile now and this is my first ever post on smashboards... Soo... Yay?)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmiX7Kv3H4

Edit: this tournament called CGF (Campus Game Fest) happened at 26-28 June.

Hi there, I'm sitecon a Singapore smash player, and I need the smashboards help to analyze this game and tell me where I went wrong... (Ps I have been watch this thread for quite awhile now and this is my first ever post on smashboards... Soo... Yay?)

I chocked real hard at the end there... -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Singapore Smash player? Hi there, I'm a Taiwanese Smash player, nice to meet you.

I'll check this video when I have time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina is tucking her hand into her sleeve because it is cold.

I just watched the first match, on FD, and from a quick watch I can say:

-You're far too defensive. You seem too afraid to close the gap, which is bad against Link since he can camp very well. There were even a couple of times where Luma hit Link into the air and you could have followed up with Rosalina without any risk of taking a hit, but instead of following up, you just retreated.

-You shield too much. That's a bad idea against Link, because his grab range has been massively buffed, as well as many of his options from his throws. You basically asked to be grabbed on many occasions, and Link got a lot of free hits in as a result. I understand that his projectile pressure can tempt you to shield, but you should try to just dodge his projectiles. Another option to consider is using Gravitational Pull while jumping well away from him, to prevent him from following up.

-You didn't really send Luma out at all. This resulted in Link knocking Luma out multiple times, while also hitting Rosalina at the same time. If you learn to send Luma out and control him well, he can stand up against Link and get around him, and you can form combos by passing Link between Rosalina & Luma. And if nothing else, you can use him as bait and punish Link for hitting Luma, even if it means Luma getting KO'd. That's still better than Luma getting knocked out AND Rosalina taking a hit.

-Try to be a bit more creative when recovering. Going for the ledge grab is not always the best option, and that can be read and Link can punish. Going over Link is sometimes better since he can't really catch you in most circumstances.

Last edited:

Pixilette

Smash Rookie

Edit: this tournament called CGF (Campus Game Fest) happened at 26-28 June.
First off, I know a lot of Rosa mains will probably disagree here- but IMO the matchup is actually at least slightly in Link's favor. Link has all the tools to take stage control from Rosa, he has a better zoning game, and because she's so light he can KO her really early- especially now thanks to his Buff that actually allows him to combo out of throws, and his buffed U-smash that sucks opponents in consistently. The biggest issue is for Glory Links, and that there aren't many actual good Link players who use his kit properly, and so the general consensus is that he isn't much of a threat. However, I have a lot of practice against a great Link, one of my friends who I frequently play mains him, and I can say that out of all of his characters, his Link definitely gives me the most trouble and I frequently struggle to come out on top.

One of the KEY things you need to remember when fighting Link is patience. Good Link players will try to Zone you out using his excellent projectiles, and most attempts to use a dash attack, or even just to dash in for a grab will be stuffed out by a bomb or boomerang to the face. For that reason, learning to dash powershield while approaching is super important for this matchup. Once you get into Link's face, his zoning options aren't as much of a threat to you. Try to set him up by Grabbing and following with up with a U-throw to U-tilt, U-throw to U-smash if you wait for the airdodge, or if you notice the Link is very airdodge happy, U-throw into Jab works very well as Link will usually fall into it and take a few hits. Just don't hold the jab for too long because he can actually N-air out of it when he gets near the end of Rosalina's wand.

This is actually one matchup where I DON'T think that detethering Luma is a strategy you can rely on heavily, because a GOOD Link player will never challenge the Luma head on with anything unsafe. They will usually retreat to a safe spot out of Luma's range where they can assault it with Link's Projectiles until Luma either dies or Rosalina is forced to call it back to prevent it from dying. I've tried many times to use detether tricks, and unless you've already got Link in an optimal position, such as the air, or catching him off guard while he still pulling a projectile, it can be hard to capitalize. Most times he will just spam bombs and boomerang to get Luma out of his face- which Luma has no real way to beat.
Link's N-air also seems to have an insane amount of priority, it's fast, it auto-cancels and is a great combo starter- and good Links will use this to space their approaches. Surprisingly enough in my experience have had nearly every move I've tried against a Link's N-air, beaten outright. Link's falling N-air has canceled out my fully charged RosaLuma U-smash, even with Rosalina's head invincibility. I've also had his N-air cancel out my F-smash, F-air, B-air, U-tilt and even Jab. Both Rosalina's and Luma's. Not even trades, but cancels.
With that in mind, I've come to the conclusion that the best way to deal with a Link that approaches with N-airs is to shield and grab him if he improperly spaces it. If he's just out of your grab range, be careful because his jab comes out fast and he will most likely fall back on that to avoid a punish.
Watch out for his Z-air as well, because of Rosalina's tall hurtbox his Z-air is another great approach option for him, but it can be powershielded and punished if he misspaces.

BTW If you're going to use your shield often, try to make sure you have the powershield timing down. One thing that Links love to do is try and bait a free grab by getting you to be too comfortable in shield, and they'll run up and grab you while you're distracted by a bomb,etc. hitting your shield. Thankfully though, Link's grab can be easily spotdodged if you see it coming, and it has a lot of cooldown, so a missed Link grab is a free punish for you.
One thing you should try to remember too is to try and keep center stage as much as possible against Link. A lot of Link's moves are really good at getting rid of Luma, especially his Dash attack and Jab- and if you are anywhere near the edge, you are almost guaranteed to lose your Luma. Link can also U-tilt Juggle your Luma to death since it puts Luma in tumble, and if you're not careful trying to punish it you can get caught in it too. Something to watch out for.
Once you've got some momentum going on Link, don't be afraid to follow up- I find that I have a decent time juggling him if I'm smart about it, because a properly timed Rosa U-air can beat even Link's scary D-air. Just watch out for his N-air again otherwise, if you get too greedy, it comes out fast and can break your combos.
If he's trying to land on you with an attack, Rosa's U-smash is also really great as an anti-air because of the head invincibility. (Except for some reason it never beats his N-air...) Don't be afraid to abuse it. I've scored like 3-4 U-smashes in a row on Links who were stubborn and kept trying to D-air me over and over. Just make sure you time it properly. She can be hit out of it if the sword hitbox goes past her head.
Don't be afraid to go off the ledge to edgeguard him if the situation looks favorable. Link's recovery is pretty mediocre, and if you time your D-air well you can easily spike him, or at least knock him far enough away that he can't recover if you have Luma attached. Especially if he recovers low. Just be careful of his Up-B which can hit you if you don't space out your D-air properly. Otherwise, Down/Up angled F-smashes work well depending on if he tethers or tries to recover high, or sometimes even setting Luma up for the Rapid-spin edgeguard.

In my experience though, this is definitely a matchup where Rosalina can't be the aggressor, and must rely on patience and capitalizing on Link's mistakes to break through her defenses. I seem to have the most success from being patient and baiting Link into doing things that can be punished. Though I dunno, maybe I just haven't tried to get in Link's face enough. Dealing with the bombs are my biggest problem because Gravitational Pull doesn't help much in that area, and the Link I play against uses his bombs REALLY well.
Anyways, hopefully I've provided a little help for you on the Link matchup. It's honestly still one I'm working on getting better at myself.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sending Luma out is very beneficial in the Link MU actually, Star Bits protects well against many of his melee attacks, U-Tilt and U-air can be used to dodge projectiles (or he can just jump around), and Luma's Jab can clank with lots of attacks in this game in general, including Link's.

You really do have to have a good offensive game against Link, because if you don't, you're just spending a lot of time not doing damage and letting Luma get destroyed anyway. There really isn't a single match-up in this game where sending out Luma is a bad idea, under the right circumstances of course.

Link is basically combo bait so if you learn to play offensively against him you will pile on the damage. He also doesn't do well in the air. Playing defensively means you are letting him stay on the ground, where he is much more potent. Rosalina most certainly can be the aggressor here, and it's vital you learn how.

I overall don't have much trouble against Link. And yes I have played some good ones. I never discuss MUs unless I know I have faced good players of those characters. The MU is definitely still in Rosalina's favour, but it's one of the MUs where sticking to one style the whole time does not cut it.

Last edited:

Pixilette

Smash Rookie
I have had times where I had Luma out, Link literally just rolls past the Star bits, and then proceeds to either u-tilt juggle my Luma, turn and jab it off the stage, or come after me while I'm still in cool down from the star bits. It's to the point where I actually started wondering about Link's spotdodge, because he has also spotdodged the entire length of the star bits attack and then punished Luma with his Jab afterward. What are you supposed to do in those situations? There are also a lot of times if I send Luma out he will just retreat to the ledge and throw bombs and boomerangs at it until it dies or I call it back. He almost never directly attacks my Luma.
Also, the Link I play against uses Link's N-air a LOT- and like I mentioned (I even have the Replay evidence of this) his N-air cancels out nearly every approach I try to make, or try to cancel out of his. His N-air has canceled out my fully charged U-smash and F-smash even when he's landing on me from above, Luma's U-tilt, my F-air and B-air and even my Jab. It seems like such a safe approach option that he uses it almost exclusively, and the only time I seem to be able to punish him for it is if he misspaces it and I can grab him. Any advice on options that beat his seemingly unbeatable N-air? Lol

Last edited:

Pixilette

Smash Rookie
Doesn't seem like there's a lot of discussion going on there (Only two posts XP) but i'll repost my question there.
Also @ mario123007 mario123007 I'm looking for specific advice on what Rosalina can do to counter Link's N-air approaches. I've looked in multiple places, including on the Link boards Rosa MU thread but nobody really seems to talk about it. Though it's still one of the things I have the most trouble with when fighting Link aside from his Projectiles. I just want to know if there's something I need to be doing that I'm not already doing.. XP

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Doesn't seem like there's a lot of discussion going on there (Only two posts XP) but i'll repost my question there.
Also @ mario123007 mario123007 I'm looking for specific advice on what Rosalina can do to counter Link's N-air approaches. I've looked in multiple places, including on the Link boards Rosa MU thread but nobody really seems to talk about it. Though it's still one of the things I have the most trouble with when fighting Link aside from his Projectiles.
What can you do. Some match-up topics are just more popular than others.

Pixilette

Smash Rookie
What can you do. Some match-up topics are just more popular than others.
I guess Link is not a very common encounter for most Rosa mains or even Smash 4 players really.
It's an important one for me to learn though because the friend I play pretty much Practices his Link just to beat my Rosalina and it's gotten to be a really difficult matchup for me. :nervous:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also @ mario123007 mario123007 I'm looking for specific advice on what Rosalina can do to counter Link's N-air approaches. I've looked in multiple places, including on the Link boards Rosa MU thread but nobody really seems to talk about it. Though it's still one of the things I have the most trouble with when fighting Link aside from his Projectiles. I just want to know if there's something I need to be doing that I'm not already doing.. XP
You probably need to utilize Luma more often, beware of Link powerful dash attacks.
When Link use his N-air approaches, you can try to shield at the first moment, and then shield grab. Or use Luma to attack.

Pixilette

Smash Rookie
You probably need to utilize Luma more often, beware of Link powerful dash attacks.
When Link use his N-air approaches, you can try to shield at the first moment, and then shield grab. Or use Luma to attack.
Shield Grabbing Link's N-air is already my main way of punishing it. When I try to attack with Luma though his N-air always seems to go through or cancel out Luma's AND Rosa's attacks. It's happened enough times that I was actually saving replays to make a video compilation of how many times his Nair has canceled out my attacks. @_@ I just want to know if there's something I could be doing that's more efficient than what I'm already doing.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Shield Grabbing Link's N-air is already my main way of punishing it. When I try to attack with Luma though his N-air always seems to go through or cancel out Luma's AND Rosa's attacks. It's happened enough times that I was actually saving replays to make a video compilation of how many times his Nair has canceled out my attacks. @_@ I just want to know if there's something I could be doing that's more efficient than what I'm already doing.
Maybe dash attack, or star bits are the only way to stop his N air. Or doing F air since her F air has more hit box.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess Link is not a very common encounter for most Rosa mains or even Smash 4 players really.
It's an important one for me to learn though because the friend I play pretty much Practices his Link just to beat my Rosalina and it's gotten to be a really difficult matchup for me. :nervous:
It doesn't exactly help knowing that Link's shield can block Shooting Star Bit during a customs bout.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Hello Rosalina mains. Is there a skype group or something of the like that y'all discuss things? I main Mario, but I've been learning the Rosa for a few months. It's still a work in progress but I was hoping that some people can show me how to improve. So how about it? Willing to help a guy out?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hello Rosalina mains. Is there a skype group or something of the like that y'all discuss things? I main Mario, but I've been learning the Rosa for a few months. It's still a work in progress but I was hoping that some people can show me how to improve. So how about it? Willing to help a guy out?
Yes there is, just go to this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/lets...or-rosalina-mains.368661/page-5#post-19474586

I don't spend that much time on this Skype group though. But this Skype group is pretty active.

I'm a Mario main too. But I also like and main Rosalina in Smash. I'm trying to learn her moves too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm just gonna leave this one here. Something I took during my 3 stars on all cups on 200cc mission.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The screenshot below came from a race that I was in the other day. It's amusing how the Monster tires can help the smaller characters be at eye level with the larger characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom