• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
it's making people rage quit.
Just a wild guess here, is it usin detethered luma to jab people to the blast zone? :p I've experimented with that in training mode and it works against a couple of characters (although the timing and the jabs thrown out change a lot depending on weight - i.e. Jab 1-2-crouch works on fox, sheik and c. Falcon, while jab 1-crouch-jab 1-2 works on many heavier/bigger characters). One time in For Fun online I was on the Kalos Pokemon League stage and I was jab 1-crouch-ing this fox against the sword while everyone was messing around in the middle. He clearly wasn't able to do anything - saw him trying to start his up b, side b, etc. didn't even need luma detethered for that one.

Friendly note to anyone who wants to experiment with this by the way, you may be able to see an example of Falln doing this to.. Nakat? I think? At either CEO or Evo. The Twitch footage was put on "fallnaway"'s YouTube and appears to be there to stay.

The up air isn't entirely foolproof though. PAC-MAN can counter it with his Fire Hydrant, and there's also the super armor frames that some fighters may have. Timing is everything as well.
True, true. Although the PAC-MAN statement begs the question, can the hydrant lose all it's HP and be sent into the.. bouncy state?.. while airborne? It'd be hard/impossible without equipment for sure but just curious. And theoretically if you hit someone with super armor with both Rosa's and Luma's up air, it might count for 2 strong hits and knock them out of it - not completely sure though, that'd be hard to test against CPUs...

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I have an easier time understanding texts rather than spoken words, particularly if the voice isn't clear and isolated in the first place.
The up air isn't entirely foolproof though. PAC-MAN can counter it with his Fire Hydrant, and there's also the super armor frames that some fighters may have. Timing is everything as well.
Luma's untrascendent hit clashes with the hydrant whenever it's spaced correctly(read: whenever Rosalina isn't directly below him)
Also IIRC Ryu's super armor is the only one wich only sustains a single hit, but anyway Uair isn't laggy enough to delete such disadvantaged state when it crosses invincibility or super armor.
The real deal is movement options, prior to her speed being just slighty above avarage.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just a wild guess here, is it usin detethered luma to jab people to the blast zone? :p I've experimented with that in training mode and it works against a couple of characters (although the timing and the jabs thrown out change a lot depending on weight - i.e. Jab 1-2-crouch works on fox, sheik and c. Falcon, while jab 1-crouch-jab 1-2 works on many heavier/bigger characters). One time in For Fun online I was on the Kalos Pokemon League stage and I was jab 1-crouch-ing this fox against the sword while everyone was messing around in the middle. He clearly wasn't able to do anything - saw him trying to start his up b, side b, etc. didn't even need luma detethered for that one.

Friendly note to anyone who wants to experiment with this by the way, you may be able to see an example of Falln doing this to.. Nakat? I think? At either CEO or Evo. The Twitch footage was put on "fallnaway"'s YouTube and appears to be there to stay.

True, true. Although the PAC-MAN statement begs the question, can the hydrant lose all it's HP and be sent into the.. bouncy state?.. while airborne? It'd be hard/impossible without equipment for sure but just curious. And theoretically if you hit someone with super armor with both Rosa's and Luma's up air, it might count for 2 strong hits and knock them out of it - not completely sure though, that'd be hard to test against CPUs...
Nah, it's not that. Although there is a variation of my tech that uses detethered Luma (which I will cover), my tech is actually mainly focused on a tethered Luma.

I actually thought jabbing people to the blast zone wasn't possible, as people can DI out of it. The only characters I recall struggling with it were Sheik and Captain Falcon, and maybe Fox, due to how fast they fall back into Luma's jabs.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So someone on Miiverse was running an amiibo only tournament. People were betting on who was gonna win:

Here are the following posts:

"It's a fiery battle, and Fire Rosa is up 2-0. Can she keep the streak going?"

"Rosa has made use of her gravitational pull to grab items as she leads 5-1. Will Peach(SM) pull a huge comeback to keep her title?"

"WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!"

"It was a long road for Rosalina. Claimed from the local Target store, came in as a sloppy fighter, left Smash Bros. to play in Mario Party 10, came out of retirement to fight again, And now, she's the current world champion. Congratulation, Rosalina."

"It was a great night for Rosalina as she joins 11 other amiibos who have been world champion. The notable champions included Mario, Villager, Luigi (SM), Jigglypuff, Pit, Shulk and even Bad News Bowser."

I'm not surprised at the outcome. I have a Rosalina amiibo that always beats my sister's Peach amiibo, but my brother's Link amiibo beats my Rosalina amiibo, yet his Link amiibo gets beat by my sister's Peach amiibo. So they all end up beating each other. It's like Rock, Paper, Scissors. Rosalina beats Peach, Peach beats Link, Link beats Rosalina.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Truly, a tale even more riveting than Rosalina's storybook! :p

My Rosalina Amiibo is technically my best. I don't think I have ever beaten her in a 1v1. And she almost always demolishes my other Amiibos. However, sometimes she loses SOLELY because she just decides to not fight on random occasions. It's as if she becomes above fighting the others! She's also a true mother in Team Battles, as she always share stocks with fallen teammates.

Sonic is probably my best Amiibo otherwise. He is much more consistent in FFAs, and while he is definitely a huge challenge, I can beat him in 1v1.

And yes I do feed them equipment.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
During the times that I've had my amiibo figures gang up on a single fighter, Rosalina hasn't always finished with more KOs than my other amiibo figures. And the interesting part is that I've only fed equipment onto my Rosalina amiibo; the equipment does not have any bonus effects though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This was extremely scary and it just happened , super luck based minigame , i was totally scared XD

And....

EPIC WIN , by Weege (and me for choosing the right answer at the end , luckily)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So someone on Miiverse was running an amiibo only tournament. People were betting on who was gonna win:

Here are the following posts:

"It's a fiery battle, and Fire Rosa is up 2-0. Can she keep the streak going?"

"Rosa has made use of her gravitational pull to grab items as she leads 5-1. Will Peach(SM) pull a huge comeback to keep her title?"

"WE HAVE A NEW CHAMPION!!"

"It was a long road for Rosalina. Claimed from the local Target store, came in as a sloppy fighter, left Smash Bros. to play in Mario Party 10, came out of retirement to fight again, And now, she's the current world champion. Congratulation, Rosalina."

"It was a great night for Rosalina as she joins 11 other amiibos who have been world champion. The notable champions included Mario, Villager, Luigi (SM), Jigglypuff, Pit, Shulk and even Bad News Bowser."

I'm not surprised at the outcome. I have a Rosalina amiibo that always beats my sister's Peach amiibo, but my brother's Link amiibo beats my Rosalina amiibo, yet his Link amiibo gets beat by my sister's Peach amiibo. So they all end up beating each other. It's like Rock, Paper, Scissors. Rosalina beats Peach, Peach beats Link, Link beats Rosalina.
When I got my Rosalina amiibo, I will train her to be the toughest amiibo too.

My Rosalina Amiibo is technically my best. I don't think I have ever beaten her in a 1v1. And she almost always demolishes my other Amiibos. However, sometimes she loses SOLELY because she just decides to not fight on random occasions. It's as if she becomes above fighting the others! She's also a true mother in Team Battles, as she always share stocks with fallen teammates.

Sonic is probably my best Amiibo otherwise. He is much more consistent in FFAs, and while he is definitely a huge challenge, I can beat him in 1v1.

I'm training my Shulk amiibo right now.

So far he's around Lv.20, kind of weird is that when he changes monados, he keep changing the Monado arts before activating one. Now that's a bit weird.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
When I got my Rosalina amiibo, I will train her to be the toughest amiibo too.

I'm training my Shulk amiibo right now.

So far he's around Lv.20, kind of weird is that when he changes monados, he keep changing the Monado arts before activating one. Now that's a bit weird.
My Shulk amiibo does the same, too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Shulk amiibo does the same, too.
I don't if that will do anything good. Because if you keep changing monado arts, you may end up get hit, and you can't use other special attacks too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, but once he reached Lv. 50, he turned out to be an amazing Shulk.
Can wait to see him becoming Lv.50
I don't think I can beat Shulk that often when he reaches about Lv 25 or to Lv 30. Nearly impossible when he's Lv 35~40

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That minigame is a 1-vs-Rivals minigame. I don't have the game, but I'm guessing that the solo player loses if at least one player from the team of three successfully copies every button command that the solo player makes.
Actually the team Wins if they manage to end the 3 rounds without making the given limit of Mistakes.

If they run out of tries , the solo player wins . If they copy most of the beat without making more mistakes than the limit then the Team Wins.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello fellow :rosalina:mains! I main Rosalina mains i main her as well. I would like to know if there are any helpful tips you all could give me!

C3CC

Smash Lord
So what do you guys her dress will look like in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash? Will she wear a sports attire or will she use her standard dress? I hope it's the latter like in Mario Golf: World Tour.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hello fellow :rosalina:mains! I main Rosalina mains i main her as well. I would like to know if there are any helpful tips you all could give me!
S'up, man. Make yourself at home here. :)

And I'm also looking for some training with my Rosa as well so I really don't have anything.
So what do you guys her dress will look like in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash? Will she wear a sports attire or will she use her standard dress? I hope it's the latter like in Mario Golf: World Tour.
Considering that she wore her usual dress in Mario Golf: World Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same for Mario Tennis if she does become playable.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think it's way too obvious she will be playable. There's no reason for her not to be at this rate =/
The game won't come out until around the holidays so we got between now and then to see if she will make the cut.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually the team Wins if they manage to end the 3 rounds without making the given limit of Mistakes.

If they run out of tries , the solo player wins . If they copy most of the beat without making more mistakes than the limit then the Team Wins.
So it's basically an easier version of Mario Party 2's "Move to the Music" minigame.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So it's basically an easier version of Mario Party 2's "Move to the Music" minigame.
Kinda of.
Then again it's not thaat easy , especially with Very hard CPU (i always play with VH CPU) Because the solo player can make complicated beats and you have to copy the same beat with the same button sequence , if you don't follow the beat you are making mistakes , and you can multiply that X 3 ...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Kinda of.
Then again it's not thaat easy , especially with Very hard CPU (i always play with VH CPU) Because the solo player can make complicated beats and you have to copy the same beat with the same button sequence , if you don't follow the beat you are making mistakes , and you can multiply that X 3 ...
It would be pretty obvious that the harder CPUs are more difficult to outwit. I'm merely saying that you can at least get away with a few mistakes, while in "Move to the Music", you're a goner if you make even one mistake.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It would be pretty obvious that the harder CPUs are more difficult to outwit. I'm merely saying that you can at least get away with a few mistakes, while in "Move to the Music", you're a goner if you make even one mistake.
Yes , then again it's quite funny considering one player can totally let down the team in this minigame (i know i did in the first 3 tries XD) and Move to the Music is far easier since the button commands are like 2 per player and there are only 2 rounds.

Last edited:

Sitecon

Smash Rookie

My Rosalina amiibo never beats me... :/ other than that one time that she flawlessly edgegaurded me... At lvl 25... And now she's already long ago lvl 50... But she still can't beat me... Do I have to feed her equipments? Cuz I haven't did so before...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My Rosalina amiibo never beats me... :/ other than that one time that she flawlessly edgegaurded me... At lvl 25... And now she's already long ago lvl 50... But she still can't beat me... Do I have to feed her equipments? Cuz I haven't did so before...
My Rosalina amiibo is acting quite the same way. Don't know what I did wrong.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
It's weird how some of my amiibo like Rosalina and Kirby never beat me while others like Pit and Wario completely wreck me. And I never feed them equipment and I don't plan to start. My heavyweights seem to differ too. Bowser can get plenty of work done on anyone I choose, but Ike always seems so passive in ditto matches and never tries to punish me. I also don't battle with them frequently. I used them the most when I get them to level 50, so maybe they'll be more aggressive if I train them longer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom