• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
☆◆Kirio◆☆

Thought I would share this, it's great screenshot.
Rosalina is a bit huge for Roy to catch lol.
Roy has been so lucky with Smash 4. First he gets a more unique moveset. Now he's the luckiest person ever by having the elegant, beautiful Goddess of Space in his arms.
Speaking of which, does Roy really have a love one in his own games? I better go ask my FE fan brother about this.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Or even better...

Ironically, I never even bothered to purchase Lucas, Roy, nor Ryu; I only have Mewtwo, thanks to a Club Nintendo event that gave me free download codes for Mewtwo.
You should at least give Roy and Ryu a shot though. They're fun to play as, especially Ryu. Lucas? ...meh...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You should at least give Roy and Ryu a shot though. They're fun to play as, especially Ryu. Lucas? ...meh...
I never did have any plans for getting Ryu. His moveset appears to be way too advanced with the multiple amount of button commands that need to be inputted for his stronger attacks. That doesn't make me feel comfortable about using him.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I never did have any plans for getting Ryu. His moveset appears to be way too advanced with the multiple amount of button commands that need to be inputted for his stronger attacks. That doesn't make me feel comfortable about using him.
Ryu is that bad and can be played pretty much the same as any other character, he just playes a bit better if you know the inputs.

That said, he is my least favourite of the DLC characters. I think Roy is the most fun, with Lucas and Mewtwo feeling pretty similar. Ryu is still a good choice because of his stage and music. Same goes for Dreamland 64. Muh Fountain of Dreams.

Its a shame they chose Dreamland 64 over Fountain of Dreams, Rosalina would fit quite well thematically on that stage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ryu is that bad and can be played pretty much the same as any other character, he just playes a bit better if you know the inputs.

That said, he is my least favourite of the DLC characters. I think Roy is the most fun, with Lucas and Mewtwo feeling pretty similar. Ryu is still a good choice because of his stage and music. Same goes for Dreamland 64. Muh Fountain of Dreams.

Its a shame they chose Dreamland 64 over Fountain of Dreams, Rosalina would fit quite well thematically on that stage.
I think Ryu is a fun character to use.

Yeah, I really hope they can get that stage back, it's really an awesome stage.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well Ryu is currently my favorite DLC character out of the four. His inclusion got me interested in the Street Fighter games.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well Ryu is currently my favorite DLC character out of the four. His inclusion got me interested in the Street Fighter games.
There hasn't been any DLC that is my most favorite, but so far, I main Roy.

It got me interested as well.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Mewtwo is my favorite DLC so far definitely. Lucas was great, but Roy and Ryu were very underwhelming for me. It's like Sakurai wants us to work for it if we want more popular characters making it in. Or, more realistically, he wanted to throw in two oddball choices so fans of more popular requested characters could feel more accomplished when their character makes it in.
Judging by your signature, you have 12 mains in the game, which is basically too much in my opinion.
I have 9 mains.
:4falco::4yoshi::4diddy::popo::4ness::rosalina::4mewtwo::4megaman::4myfriends:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Roy was popular, but for the wrong reasons. Melee elitists just wanted him because of the "ROY'S OUR BOY" meme. In actuality, Roy isn't a genuinely popular character at all. He's often cited as being the most boring FE protagonist, and even in his game, he is statistically crap compared to other characters in the game, so you will likely avoid using him in battle where you can.

Ryu wasn't actively popular or requested in the Smash community as far as I know, but he makes sense since he is from the most popular fighting game in the world, and it's nice to represent fighting games in Smash. And hey, Rosalina wasn't actively requested by the Smash community either, she got in based on her popularity in the Nintendo community at large.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Roy was popular, but for the wrong reasons. Melee elitists just wanted him because of the "ROY'S OUR BOY" meme. In actuality, Roy isn't a genuinely popular character at all. He's often cited as being the most boring FE protagonist, and even in his game, he is statistically crap compared to other characters in the game, so you will likely avoid using him in battle where you can.

Ryu wasn't actively popular or requested in the Smash community as far as I know, but he makes sense since he is from the most popular fighting game in the world, and it's nice to represent fighting games in Smash. And hey, Rosalina wasn't actively requested by the Smash community either, she got in based on her popularity in the Nintendo community at large.
I don't believe someone can be popular for wrong reasons.

Just like I can like Rosalina for her design, for her backstory, for her muhwaifu-potential, for her cosmos powers or for her calm additude.

Roy was popular because many people liked either his design, his character or the ROYBOY-meme, which is not a bad reason to like him/be popular.

I believe Rosalina was added to fit the puppeteer-trope or a zero g-motif, along with Nintendo-(fans) liking her,

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Just like I can like Rosalina for her design, for her backstory, for her muhwaifu-potential, for her cosmos powers or for her calm additude.

Roy was popular because many people liked either his design, his character or the ROYBOY-meme, which is not a bad reason to like him/be popular.

I believe Rosalina was added to fit the puppeteer-trope or a zero g-motif, along with Nintendo-(fans) liking her,
Being popular for the wrong reasons is a matter of ignoring aspects of a character and only liking them for that one shallow thing, whether that means ignoring their blatant flaws or not appreciating their greater merits.

Also Rosalina doesn't really have "muhwaifu" potential. Rosalina, WFT, and Wendy are the only female Smash characters who don't have that, as they are the only three female characters in Smash who either are never portrayed having a romantic interest in anyone, or having any blatant sexual exploitation in official material.

There is a difference between a character that is blatant waifu bait, and a character that you kinda appreciate in that way naturally without being led into it. Rosalina is the latter.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Being popular for the wrong reasons is a matter of ignoring aspects of a character and only liking them for that one shallow thing, whether that means ignoring their blatant flaws or not appreciating their greater merits.

Also Rosalina doesn't really have "muhwaifu" potential. Rosalina, WFT, and Wendy are the only female Smash characters who don't have that, as they are the only three female characters in Smash who either are never portrayed having a romantic interest in anyone, or having any blatant sexual exploitation in official material.

There is a difference between a character that is blatant waifu bait, and a character that you kinda appreciate in that way naturally without being led into it. Rosalina is the latter.
Tell that to the many Rosalina "fans" that just find her hot.

Personally, I like her calm additude as a breath of fresh air in happy happy Mario Land.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

"muhwaifu-potential" I don't like admit it, but that's why a part of people likes her. That's awkward IMO... but then. Just like people who plays her with her biker outfit just because she's... "hot"...

I'm sorry to ask, but what "zero g-motif" mean?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"muhwaifu-potential" I don't like admit it, but that's why a part of people likes her. That's awkward IMO... but then. Just like people who plays her with her biker outfit just because she's... "hot"...

I'm sorry to ask, but what "zero g-motif" mean?
Zero Gravity.
All of Rosalina's moves have cosmos or zero gravity element in them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Tell that to the many Rosalina "fans" that just find her hot.

Personally, I like her calm additude as a breath of fresh air in happy happy Mario Land.
Most fans who find her hot like her for many other reasons first and foremost.

Myself included. :4shulk:

And "muhwaifu" potential isn't a hot character, it's a character you could marry and is designed to catch your romantic interest.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Zero Gravity.
All of Rosalina's moves have cosmos or zero gravity element in them.
Oh, god, I even took time to understand that. I'm tired.
I wonder how her cosmic kicks/headbutts feel like. Heat burns or cryogenic burns ?

And "muhwaifu" potential isn't a hot character, it's a character you could marry and is designed to catch your romantic interest.
I don't understand that personally. I find her too... "pure" to be seen sexualized in my eyes any ways.

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
The only character that I currently intrested is Ryu. I'm on the fence about Roy. And I just have no intrest in Lucas at all. I use to think Mewtwo wasn't my style but the more I see him. The more I think I could get him to work.
. His inclusion got me interested in the Street Fighter games.
Yeah I feel the same as well. Especially when I play on the SF map.

Although, nothing sparks my intrest in SFV more than cammy.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging a character you like as being attractive. It's as if whenever you like an attractive character, people just immediately think, "Oh, you just like them for their looks." Come on now, there are plenty of examples where people are good looking and have awful personalities where you don't want to be associated with them. Internal beauty is way more powerful and reflects your views on that person much stronger. You can't build chemistry just by your outside perspective. So I can say I find Rosalina hot, but the main reasons why I like her are for her backstory, motherly love, perseverance growing up alone until she was with the Lumas, her being so calm while at the same time being so caring of others, her fearlessness in the events of danger because she knows the good will prosper, her ability to quickly adapt to things she's either foreign to or hasn't done in such a long time such as having fun with Mario and the gang kart racing and stuff, and so on. That's a lot of the reasons that I like Rosalina off the top of my head. Does that make me shallow? I don't think it does. Everything her character is about is much more of the foundation of her beauty than her looks alone are. I've been rambling for quite a bit now. Attraction seems like a tricky concept.

:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only character that I currently intrested is Ryu. I'm on the fence about Roy. And I just have no intrest in Lucas at all. I use to think Mewtwo wasn't my style but the more I see him. The more I think I could get him to work.

>Special Smash
>Heavy Gravity and Stamina Smash
>Set Launch Rate to x0.5, make sure items are off
>Set both player's stamina to 300HP
>Both players choose Ryu
>Omega Suzaku Castle

Have fun.

I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging a character you like as being attractive. It's as if whenever you like an attractive character, people just immediately think, "Oh, you just like them for their looks." Come on now, there are plenty of examples where people are good looking and have awful personalities where you don't want to be associated with them. Internal beauty is way more powerful and reflects your views on that person much stronger. You can't build chemistry just by your outside perspective. So I can say I find Rosalina hot, but the main reasons why I like her are for her backstory, motherly love, perseverance growing up alone until she was with the Lumas, her being so calm while at the same time being so caring of others, her fearlessness in the events of danger because she knows the good will prosper, her ability to quickly adapt to things she's either foreign to or hasn't done in such a long time such as having fun with Mario and the gang kart racing and stuff, and so on. That's a lot of the reasons that I like Rosalina off the top of my head. Does that make me shallow? I don't think it does. Everything her character is about is much more of the foundation of her beauty than her looks alone are. I've been rambling for quite a bit now. Attraction seems like a tricky concept.

:4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk::4shulk:

Best way to put it is that when in real life, when you fall in love with someone, sexual or at least aesthetic attraction is guaranteed to have SOME influence. Like, if you really like someone's personality and talents, but they also happen to have an attractive body to you, well then duh, you're gonna fall for them and you are gonna show appreciation for both of those things, especially if you get hooked up with each other. Appreciating someone's body doesn't make you a bad person at all, so long as it's not the only thing you appreciate about someone and so long as you don't view them as an object.

The same thing really applies to fictional characters. Rosalina literally ticks all of the right boxes for me in terms of appearance, and I'd love to meet a woman that looks similar to her. However, appreciating the character's appearance doesn't mean I don't love her other aspects. Her lore, backstory, personality, interests, talents, responsibilities, development, and potential are why I love the character so dearly.

The fact she has a killer body and a beautiful face and happens to tick all of my "preferences", is just icing on the cake.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mewtwo is my favorite DLC so far definitely. Lucas was great, but Roy and Ryu were very underwhelming for me. It's like Sakurai wants us to work for it if we want more popular characters making it in. Or, more realistically, he wanted to throw in two oddball choices so fans of more popular requested characters could feel more accomplished when their character makes it in.

I have 9 mains.
:4falco::4yoshi::4diddy::popo::4ness::rosalina::4mewtwo::4megaman::4myfriends:
I can only limit myself to using only 5 characters as my mains even though I have 7 as you can see on my sig but I am getting rid of 2 of them (it ain't gonna be :rosalina: and :4megaman: that's for sure). I used to also main :4falcon:, :4lucina:, :4shulk: and :4zelda: but I dropped them because I either didn't play as them as much as I thought I would or they didn't work out very well for me.

Just like how :snake:'s inclusion in Brawl got interested in the Metal Gear Solid games.

I was gonna buy that Street Fighter game that's on the 3DS last week but I ended up getting Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance instead. I might get it this week, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom