• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I didn't ''just change'' it to night time.

But thanks .
Oh, I see that you also add different trees and snow on this tracks, nice touch.
The intro here is amazing.

Urgh... his voice of his Rosalina amiibo is just terrible LOL.
And doesn't he know that even though amiibos are up to Lv50, they can still get stronger?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The intro here is amazing.

By the way, I find myself using the Pipe Frame way more often since this was the combo I used to get all 3 stars on all cups on 200cc (with the exception of the Mushroom Cup, which I used my old main combo the Circuit Special).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

By the way, I find myself using the Pipe Frame way more often since this was the combo I used to get all 3 stars on all cups on 200cc (with the exception of the Mushroom Cup, which I used my old main combo the Circuit Special).

So do you really need to get all 1st place and without getting behind in any race? Back in MK7, even though I eventually got 1st place in every course. If I had left behind too much. I might eventually just got two star.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
So do you really need to get all 1st place and without getting behind in any race? Back in MK7, even though I eventually got 1st place in every course. If I had left behind too much. I might eventually just got two star.
From what I know the rankings in Mario Kart 8 are given with only the amount of points you have at the end of the Grand prix, but in Mario Kart 7, I think it also has also something to do the time you take to finish the races.
In Mario Kart 8 it doesn't really matter if you get hit by millions of items, as long as you end in first place you're fine, but in Mario Kart 7, getting hit a lot means it takes longer for you to finish, which may impact your ranking at the end even with first place on all 4 races.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
From what I know the rankings in Mario Kart 8 are given with only the amount of points you have at the end of the Grand prix, but in Mario Kart 7, I think it also has also something to do the time you take to finish the races.
In Mario Kart 8 it doesn't really matter if you get hit by millions of items, as long as you end in first place you're fine, but in Mario Kart 7, getting hit a lot means it takes longer for you to finish, which may impact your ranking at the end even with first place on all 4 races.
I remember the last course I got three star, was Mushroom Cup, not joking.

And I had just ordered Rosalina amiibo yesterday, she's gonna come in two to three days along with Shulk amiibo.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm currently in the process of collecting 10,000 coins to unlock that last kart piece and collecting all the stamps in the game, which I didn't want to do since I hate like 40% of the roster. Playing as Peach and the baby characters was a complete horror show...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm currently in the process of collecting 10,000 coins to unlock that last kart piece and collecting all the stamps in the game, which I didn't want to do since I hate like 40% of the roster. Playing as Peach and the baby characters was a complete horror show...
I still did all that, just to have everything completed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So far, it's been a painful experience. I won't be able to play as Rosalina until I get all that **** done. :/
At least it doesn't take too long to get one new stamp, and unlike the character unlock requirements, you can always repeat the same cup and engine class with each character to unlock the remaining stamps.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I unlocked all of the stamps on my first initial playthrough of the Grand Prix cups. I basically just went through the roster in order.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyway, I forgot to mention this, but the other day, I think I discovered potentially brand new tech for Rosalina & Luma in Smash. I'm still working on the kinks, but I am hoping to make a video explaining it, and showing how it can be applied and why it could be really beneficial to Rosalina's meta game. I haven't had much time to experiment with it because of family getting in the way and hogging the TV too, though. Right now my sister is playing GTA V so I can't play Smash Wii U with GC controller (which makes the tech SO much easier to do), but I told her to let me on in an hour or two, so I should be able to get some matches in of me applying it and what not, which will be included in the video.

If people want I can make a topic explaining how to do it in text format. Then make a video showing it in use.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anyway, I forgot to mention this, but the other day, I think I discovered potentially brand new tech for Rosalina & Luma in Smash. I'm still working on the kinks, but I am hoping to make a video explaining it, and showing how it can be applied and why it could be really beneficial to Rosalina's meta game. I haven't had much time to experiment with it because of family getting in the way and hogging the TV too, though. Right now my sister is playing GTA V so I can't play Smash Wii U with GC controller (which makes the tech SO much easier to do), but I told her to let me on in an hour or two, so I should be able to get some matches in of me applying it and what not, which will be included in the video.

If people want I can make a topic explaining how to do it in text format. Then make a video showing it in use.
Really? I really want to know that tech. I hope it also works on the 3DS version.

And here's a video I found on Youtube that I just simply wanted to share with you guys. Although this is completely unrelated about Smash, but it's just a video about my country's small facts. And don't worry, most of the video's language is in Engish.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just got a perfect win (no damage, no stocks lost) as Rosalina in Wii U For Glory, against a Charizard player, in 45 seconds. The player wasn't amazing and he was using Bowser Jr for a while beforehand and had lag during that time which was a pain (I still won every match though), but the second KO I got on him in this match was oh so satisfying. KO'd him with Rosalina's U-air from 42%, and since I took no damage, that's without rage. He could have probably dodged it, but he decided to challenge it with his D-air which was a terrible move.

I uploaded the match to the public servers in the game. Here's how to search for it, if anyone wants to watch it:

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I just got a perfect win (no damage, no stocks lost) as Rosalina in Wii U For Glory, against a Charizard player, in 45 seconds. The player wasn't amazing and he was using Bowser Jr for a while beforehand and had lag during that time which was a pain (I still won every match though), but the second KO I got on him in this match was oh so satisfying. KO'd him with Rosalina's U-air from 42%, and since I took no damage, that's without rage. He could have probably dodged it, but he decided to challenge it with his D-air which was a terrible move.

I uploaded the match to the public servers in the game. Here's how to search for it, if anyone wants to watch it:

View attachment 63131
View attachment 63132
This reminds me when I upload my replays on my New 3DS, because I have tons of friends on my 3DS, whenever I wanted to send my replays to my friends, it mostly have the chance that it will crash... and then it will go back to the home menu screen.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

View attachment 63131
View attachment 63132
I'll have a look at it eventually. I'm curious to see how you play Rosalina though.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'll have a look at it eventually. I'm curious to see how you play Rosalina though.
So what wasn't there a new tech that he wanted to show us?

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
What tech?
sonicbrawler 12 posts before said:

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
I just got a perfect win (no damage, no stocks lost) as Rosalina in Wii U For Glory, against a Charizard player, in 45 seconds. [-snip-]
I saw that down air he tried at the end and I literally said out loud "you fool" heh. Can't defeat the up air!

Now tell us about this tech of yours :p

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord

View attachment 63131
View attachment 63132
Your name is Aaron?

On 3DS, have we met? :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Your name is Aaron?

On 3DS, have we met? :p
I wouldn't know.

As for that tech, I didn't get to work on it much yesterday because my brother and sister hogged the game room (and by the time I got a chance to play I was already really tired) but I just booted up Smash Wii U now so I'll be doing it now.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
I suppose not because I haven't seen a Rosalina for a LONG time. But if it helps, my name is TriTails, the same as this, and I play Luigi, Sheik, Falco, sometimes Ganondorf and Falcon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I suppose not because I haven't seen a Rosalina for a LONG time. But if it helps, my name is TriTails, the same as this, and I play Luigi, Sheik, Falco, sometimes Ganondorf and Falcon.
I definitely haven't ran into you then, as if it was within the past couple of months, I definitely would have recognised you. The character line-up doesn't seem familiar either.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wouldn't know.

As for that tech, I didn't get to work on it much yesterday because my brother and sister hogged the game room (and by the time I got a chance to play I was already really tired) but I just booted up Smash Wii U now so I'll be doing it now.
Looking forward to see the video :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm in the middle of recording right now, but just a question - in a video, would people prefer if I commentated over the video, or if I put in text explaining everything, or both?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw that down air he tried at the end and I literally said out loud "you fool" heh. Can't defeat the up air!
The up air isn't entirely foolproof though. PAC-MAN can counter it with his Fire Hydrant, and there's also the super armor frames that some fighters may have. Timing is everything as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm in the middle of recording right now, but just a question - in a video, would people prefer if I commentated over the video, or if I put in text explaining everything, or both?
Both. Just in case if I can't understand.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Commentaries would be way better imo.

But If you Don't mind doing both, I don't see why not

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been getting some replays (on For Glory...not ideal because of lag spikes, but it's all I've got right now) of me applying this new tech, and it's making people rage quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom