• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Some eShop titles do give you the option to backup your game data, just in case something ever happens to your game that you want it to be fixed up. However, you are out of luck if the eShop title doesn't offer you that option at all.
AC:New Leaf can only back up save data by deleting the game software first, and even so, the save data is saved to the SD card. This is just save your memory space if you want to download more games, not really backing up data if you ask me.

I don't really trust SD cards these days, I had SD cards corrupted for no reason before when pluged to other devices( Perhaps it's because that device wasn't safe)
They aren't letting Rosalina and Luma mains play on the EVO streams, they kicked dabuz off of the stream setup because he mains her.....
Now that's kind of absurd... do Smash community really that reluctant of her+Dabuz winning in Smash that much? It feels like she's is like Brawl's "Meta Knight"...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is a Target store in Burbank, California. If you live near there, and need a Rosalina, you should get there ASAP.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is a Target store in Burbank, California. If you live near there, and need a Rosalina, you should get there ASAP.

I didn't saw Rosalina last time I went to the game store.
I'll just order her online I guess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I heard it apparently has something to do with some scalper who was demotivated by the recent restocks, and decided to return 30+ Rosalinas to that Target store.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
**** I'm hoping my local Target store has some of those Rosalina amiibos in stock. I would definitely buy another one exclusively for Mario Party 10.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I wonder when they'll make the next wave of the Super Mario lineup. It's bound to happen. I'm debating on getting Rosalina's SM amiibo since I already have her SSB one and I don't plan to collect variants of characters I already have. One side of me is saying, "I have her already. I only have so much space and money. Just having the Smash one will make my collection look organized." The other side of me is saying, "Do it! Get that SM Rosalina amiibo! Buy it or you will be a disgrace, you sorry excuse for a Rosalina fan!" IDK, I can invest in other Rosalina merch that I don't have and there should be more coming with her huge popularity. So if the character's in Smash, I get their Smash trophy. If not, I get the character from whatever series it's released in and treat it as a non-playable collectible trophy. So I have all Smash amiibos plus Toad plus the 3 Splatoon ones. If Inkling gets added, then... Maybe I'll keep them anyway and still get the Smash one. So yeah, I'm surprised no word has come out for wave 2 of the Super Mario lineup. It's weird to imagine that we could be getting a Spike amiibo before an amiibo of a Goomba, Koopa, or Shy Guy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While I was looking at some Super Mario Maker footage last night, I spotted a person who was dressed up as Rosalina. However, the person did look masculine.

TriTails

Smash Lord
While I was looking at some Super Mario Maker footage last night, I spotted a person who was dressed up as Rosalina. However, the person did look masculine.

And I spotted 'Rosalina' wearing a green watch on her right hand.

And Rosalina got a Luigi cap? Not that I'm complaining, but wouldn't Daisy be a better choice (As much as I hate it)?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Somehow every time a DLC character comes out, I always tend to beat the high score I set with Rosalina in certain modes with one of the characters. Mainly All-Star, though that's partly because of the new additions to the line-up in those modes allowing for bigger scores from KO'ing them. I'm usually able to make Rosalina the high score holder again.

However, I just did All-Star (Hard Difficulty) with Ryu, and I beat my old score with Rosalina by quite a bit. So I re-did the mode with Rosalina, on Hard, and I STILL didn't beat the score I set with Ryu.

What's even weirder is that I didn't feel my run with Ryu was all that special. I used all of the healing items I think, even.

However, with Rosalina, I did it without using ANY healing items at all (this isn't the first time I've done this with her either), and I felt I did real well. I got unlucky at the end and Game & Watch managed to get me with the 9 while I was knocking out Mario, BUT I managed to tech it, save myself, and then finish off him and Pac-Man, completing the run.

I really don't get how the scoring system works in this mode.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad : If anything, All-Star mode's scoring probably comes down to how much damage you can deliver to your opponents, along with how quickly you can clear each stage. Obviously, the higher difficulty increases how high your final score will end up being.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
i don't know why , but i always have this feeling that 100% of Miiverse users are 12 year olds ... it's unconfortable.
What else is new? That's the main reason why I don't use Miiverse that much.
Somehow every time a DLC character comes out, I always tend to beat the high score I set with Rosalina in certain modes with one of the characters. Mainly All-Star, though that's partly because of the new additions to the line-up in those modes allowing for bigger scores from KO'ing them. I'm usually able to make Rosalina the high score holder again.

However, I just did All-Star (Hard Difficulty) with Ryu, and I beat my old score with Rosalina by quite a bit. So I re-did the mode with Rosalina, on Hard, and I STILL didn't beat the score I set with Ryu.

What's even weirder is that I didn't feel my run with Ryu was all that special. I used all of the healing items I think, even.

However, with Rosalina, I did it without using ANY healing items at all (this isn't the first time I've done this with her either), and I felt I did real well. I got unlucky at the end and Game & Watch managed to get me with the 9 while I was knocking out Mario, BUT I managed to tech it, save myself, and then finish off him and Pac-Man, completing the run.

I've been trying to break my high score myself, which is currently set with Little Mac, using Rosalina but I haven't had the best time with but I'm still hoping to get that **** done sometime. And I didn't bother trying to beat All-Star on hard difficulty with the DLC characters as I feel like it's not really necessary to accomplish it. Beating it on normal difficulty and getting their final smash trophies was good enough for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad : If anything, All-Star mode's scoring probably comes down to how much damage you can deliver to your opponents, along with how quickly you can clear each stage. Obviously, the higher difficulty increases how high your final score will end up being.
Yeah, that's why it confuses me. I definitely did it faster with Rosalina, and took less of a beating overall (since I had to heal with Ryu - I don't feel he is particularly great for All-Star Mode and I am not amazing with him in general or anything). I was at about 300% when I finished with Rosalina, but it would have only been somewhere in the 200% range if Mr. Game & Watch didn't skyrocket my damage with the 9.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

I somehow managed to get the highest All-Star score with Olimar, and I'm trash as him. I even struggled getting KOs on Easy with him and it took forever because I have no idea how to utilize his moveset. It took me like 3 hours to beat it on Hard without dying, but I still managed to outscore my old highest that I had with my fifth main, Ness. And that was before the June DLC.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would've just Golden Hammered the All-Star on Hard with all characters challenge, but I've been holding back on using my Golden Hammers while there's still a fair amount of Golden Hammerable challenges present.

At this point in time, I've only used one Golden Hammer on the "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 with all characters challenge," but that wasn't until "after" I've acquired all the random Mii headgear. As such, I have 4 Golden Hammers left, but nowadays, I just haven't bothered working on any of the remaining challenges, or at least the ones that can be Golden Hammered.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have only the "get all custom moves" and "get all headgear" challenges left. I haven't used a single Golden Hammer either.

Also, is this a good 10-Man Smash score?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have only the "get all custom moves" and "get all headgear" challenges left. I haven't used a single Golden Hammer either.
When I Golden Hammered the "Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 with all characters" challenge, I also ended up clearing the "Collect all the custom headgear" challenge. That's because I waited until I've gotten all the random headgear, before acquiring the Regal Crown.

As for getting all the custom special moves, I did utilize Target Blast to finish things up. That saved me from having to spend gold in Master Orders, Crazy Orders, and Trophy Rush. After all, you need to maintain your gold supply if you expect to reach the 300000G mark, and complete the 300000G challenge as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't gotten the "Beat Kirby's Crazed Appetite on hard", "Complete the reward condition on all solo events" nor the "Collect all the custom headgear" challenges completed at the moment and the good thing about all this is that I still have all 5 Golden Hammers and I'm not going to waste any of them. Hoping to get those done sometime.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I have already finish Smash 3DS All star with Ryu and Roy, but sadly, I don't have the guts to try out hard mode yet... my body wasn't ready LOL...

Also, is this a good 10-Man Smash score?

Wow, you're 0.10 seconds ahead of me... (And it seems that the GSP are vary on two versions?)

This is only my 10~14th try... I remember I had got to 7.75 secs with Rosalina a long time ago, probably before the 1.0.4 patch.
It's really hard for me to knock multiple Miis with button jump, so I opened tap jump and see if I can take down around 5~6 Miis in one up air. The Mii appears can be vary, I notice everytime I started the match, one Mii foot stools another Mii, now that's weird... it didn't happen before...

So I check the web... Dabuz only got 5th place on EVO2015?
And I see that Abadango use Rosalina sometimes too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The A.I is a bit different between both versions, so that's why the GSP is ranked separately, I think.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The A.I is a bit different between both versions, so that's why the GSP is ranked separately, I think.
Is the GSP vary because the sales between 3DS and Wii U are different? I mean, are the GSP really counts how much people you surpassed?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can't wait for all of the "LOL WARIO WINS THE ROSALINA MU" comments based solely off Dabuz losing to Wario at EVO.

They've already started in fact.

When will a non-super defensive Rosalina rise into the spotlight? I don't really have a problem with Dabuz playing how he does, as that's up to him. But so many people look solely at him when talking about Rosalina MUs, to the point where they aren't even "Rosalina MU Analysis" anymore, just "Dabuz MU Analysis". If we had more Rosalina & Luma mains that are able to at least show off different playstyles, in the spotlight, then it'd be great. Bonus points if they play Rosalina & Luma as a paradigm shifter, rather than sticking to one paradigm/playstyle the whole time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can't wait for all of the "LOL WARIO WINS THE ROSALINA MU" comments based solely off Dabuz losing to Wario at EVO.

When will a non-super defensive Rosalina rise into the spotlight? I don't really have a problem with Dabuz playing how he does, as that's up to him. But so many people look solely at him when talking about Rosalina MUs, to the point where they aren't even "Rosalina MU Analysis" anymore, just "Dabuz MU Analysis". If we had more Rosalina & Luma mains that are able to at least show off different playstyles, in the spotlight, then it'd be great. Bonus points if they play Rosalina & Luma as a paradigm shifter, rather than sticking to one paradigm/playstyle the whole time.
Well, perhaps M2K is a non-super defensive Rosalina main I can only think of.

Yeah, I just feel this a bit annoying...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

This can make you wonder if what TheReflexWonder said about the Rosalina vs. Wario match-up is true. After all, Wario is quite mobile in the air, and Wario Bike does give him some super armor against the weaker attacks.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After a couple of tries, I finally set a new high score for All-Star mode on hard difficulty with Rosalina. I must say I'm very satisfied with the result.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This can make you wonder if what TheReflexWonder said about the Rosalina vs. Wario match-up is true. After all, Wario is quite mobile in the air, and Wario Bike does give him some super armor against the weaker attacks.
Like I said though, every MU discussion I have seen assumes the Rosalina is playing defensively, like Dabuz does. I've played a lot of great Wario players, though I don't find him to be particular trouble for Rosalina. The bike definitely has never been an issue for me and I can chase him in the air just fine. This is because I constantly change how I utilise Rosalina & Luma mid-match, I don't stick to one playstyle for more than a minute, typically, as it mixes people up.

I'll have to watch Dabuz's match VS Abadango sometime, to see what mistakes he was making.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
After a couple of tries, I finally set a new high score for All-Star mode on hard difficulty with Rosalina. I must say I'm very satisfied with the result.
Nice, I'm gonna go try it too.
Like I said though, every MU discussion I have seen assumes the Rosalina is playing defensively, like Dabuz does. I've played a lot of great Wario players, though I don't find him to be particular trouble for Rosalina. The bike definitely has never been an issue for me and I can chase him in the air just fine. This is because I constantly change how I utilise Rosalina & Luma mid-match, I don't stick to one playstyle for more than a minute, typically, as it mixes people up.

I'll have to watch Dabuz's match VS Abadango sometime, to see what mistakes he was making.
Um... just where can you find EVO matches on Youtube?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thanks. Here's the proof right here. I'm completely satisfied now. :colorful:

I used to have no guts of trying the hard mode. Now I'll go and take the challenge.
And when I first try All star on the 3DS version, embarrassing to say, I some what always mess up when I try easy mode, but eventually completed All star on normal mode when I use Mario to complete All star for the first time lol.
I can only try it on the 3DS though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom