• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Truth be told, if Daisy made it as an alt, that would be a mission accomplished for me, because as you said she needs at least another consistent mainstream appearance where she isn't a Peach stand off, if only the EAD would give her a chance even if only for one game.
I would like that , but Peach attacks are too girly and playful for Daisy.

Daisy is a tomboy but she is still very femenine , but not to into the ''Peach Zone'' , i would totally cringe with Daisy performing the Peach Bomber , for example.

On another note , i found this really cute image , i would totally want this as DLC rather than Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.

For the record i am completely neutral about daisy making it to smash
My point is that you really should not under estimate the design team can do with Daisy she may have all of one non spinoff game but her appearances in those games plus her flower motif can give a LOT of potential
That's funny considering i Literally stated that Daisy would work 100% because Sakurai can totally do it , it's just in the previous page.

I'm not understimating anyone , in fact my stance is the opposite and the 1st reason for me to believe that Daisy can have a chance is because SAKURAI and the developers .

EDIT: DOUBLE POSTED unintentionally , please someone fix it :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I would like that , but Peach attacks are too girly and playful for Daisy.

Daisy is a tomboy but she is still very femenine , but not to into the ''Peach Zone'' , i would totally cringe with Daisy performing the Peach Bomber , for example.

On another note , i found this really cute image , i would totally want this as DLC rather than Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach.

EAD buddy, EAD.... On a side I am also hoping for Rosalina to appear in Rio 2016, can't help but wonder though, I once heard someone say that she would not make it because she simply is not fit for these kind of sports, a biased opinion if you asked me.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
--offs character,I have hope that with the ballot
His hack doesn't have her , as Rosalina replaces her.

But in Mine she Replaces Waluigi , and i kept Daisy because as i said , i like her.

Thanks, it's kinda of a miracle that despite being a spin-off character, Daisy is fairly popular, in fact I'd dare say, the most popular character out of all spin-off characters, but that does not change the fact is still that, a spin-offs character, I have some hope that after the ballot, Nintendo will at least know that there are plenty of fans who would like to to see her in more than just that, even if they don't change her status, then at least they will know, and do you think Rosalina will make it into Rio,2016? I hope so as I've said I am willing to give her a chance and I'll start bit by bit.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah , her popularity is decent , and she isn't a really bad character , she is just underrated and they don't give her enough spotlight.

As for your question , i would say yes , Not only because Rosalina is my 2nd favorite Mario character and i would love to play as her , but also because there's a lot speculation about her inclusion and since she has been in literally everything recently even in a little way , she definetely has a chance in the Olympics , and more with all the Sonic newcomers .

I made this little video , particularly to show the banner that it features.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For the record i am completely neutral about daisy making it to smash
My point is that you really should not under estimate the design team can do with Daisy she may have all of one non spinoff game but her appearances in those games plus her flower motif can give a LOT of potential

you don't
My point is more that Daisy should do something interesting in a Mario game before she's worthy of Smash. Right now, she's just player 2 Peach in Mario spin offs, who likes flowers (which is moot because I could easily show that Rosalina has shown a deeper affection for flowers anyway). I personally think they should reboot Daisy altogether, with a new, more unique design and give her actual abilities that she is shown using to take down baddies and what not. As it is now, you'd have to completely make stuff up for her entire moveset. Because her character is not unique or distinct at all.

As for Rosalina, all of her moves are based on something she did or some kind of elaboration on something she did. You may not see it because you aren't into the character as much, but most dedicated fans of the character would. And the idea of her having Luma is a reference to the Co-Star mechanic from Galaxy 2, so even that has a basis.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Sigh" Recently feel a bit suck at Smash... this is why I'm out of this thread for a while....
Yeah , her popularity is decent , and she isn't a really bad character , she is just underrated and they don't give her enough spotlight.

As for your question , i would say yes , Not only because Rosalina is my 2nd favorite Mario character and i would love to play as her , but also because there's a lot speculation about her inclusion and since she has been in literally everything recently even in a little way , she definetely has a chance in the Olympics , and more with all the Sonic newcomers .

I made this little video , particularly to show the banner that it features.

Nice job editing your thumbnail.

And I recently checked about my 3DS SD card stuff. This quote confuses me, I thought games that bought from eshop, their save datas are also saved into the SD card. This is why I am always worried about my SD card... if it will corrupted one day or not...
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...o-the-sd-card-/-microsd-card-/-system-memory?
Note that save data for titles downloaded through the Nintendo eShop (not played on a game card) is saved to the system memory.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
"Sigh" Recently feel a bit suck at Smash... this is why I'm out of this thread for a while....

Nice job editing your thumbnail.

And I recently checked about my 3DS SD card stuff. This quote confuses me, I thought games that bought from eshop, their save datas are also saved into the SD card. This is why I am always worried about my SD card... if it will corrupted one day or not...
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/337/~/do-nintendo-3ds-games-save-to-the-sd-card-/-microsd-card-/-system-memory?
Have you played Metal Gear Rising? If so what are your thoughts?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Have you played Metal Gear Rising? If so what are your thoughts?
No, sadly I have never play Metal Gear, why are you asking this?
Is the eshop download games save data is saved on the system memory or SD card? I remember it should be SD card...

But then this quote on Nintendo support confuses me...
Note that save data for titles downloaded through the Nintendo eShop (not played on a game card) is saved to the system memory.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Is the eshop download games save data is saved on the system memory or SD card? I remember it should be SD card...

As far as I know both, you can configure where you want to save your data whether you want it on SD or the system memory, but if you have doubts, I suggest you don't take any risks you feel are unnecessary, and as for why I asked you if you played Rising, no reason in particular, just thought I asked you, what got me into the Metal Gear series was Snake's reveal as character in Brawl all the way back to E3 2006.

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I've played MGS rising and I thought it was fantastic. Think I stopped playing for some reason in the middle of my hard play through. I should go back and finish it somedaym

Basically just saying your going to need somewhere to store the game. Such as internal memory or a SD card.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As far as I know both, you can configure where you want to save your data whether you want it on SD or the system memory, but if you have doubts, I suggest you don't take any risks you feel are unnecessary, and as for why I asked you if you played Rising, no reason in particular, just thought I asked you, what got me into the Metal Gear series was Snake's reveal as character in Brawl all the way back to E3 2006.
Really? You can configure your save data to where you store it?
Maybe I'll try it out until I got AC: Happy Home designer. I'm secured of my AC:New Leaf data (eshop downloaded) very much for now. So I will be very depressed if anythings happens to it.

I hope Snake can return to Smash Bros with his latest design. Just like what they did to Marth, Ike, and Roy.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I've played MGS rising and I thought it was fantastic. Think I stopped playing for some reason in the middle of my hard play through. I should go back and finish it somedaym

Basically just saying your going to need somewhere to store the game. Such as internal memory or a SD card.
RULES OF NATURE!
Really? You can configure your save data to where you store it?
Maybe I'll try it out until I got AC: Happy Home designer. I'm secured of my AC:New Leaf data (eshop downloaded) very much for now. So I will be very depressed if anythings happens to it.
I hope Snake can return to Smash Bros with his latest design. Just like what they did to Marth, Ike, and Roy.
I hope so too, I already said which other character I want as DLC, so I won't bother you by posting it several times.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
*Sees that she would have little move pool potential even though Rosalina has even less material to work with and made her a puppet fighter whose puppet is an npc with no combat experience and is the one who does most of the heavy work*
View attachment 62133
I think the two of us have different ideas of "material to work with", also gyrokinetic combat is easily one of the most versatile combat merging, Luma can have the high knockback on his moves simply by affecting gravity on himself in order to increase the speed on them, eventually causing an increase in the magnitude of the attack, while he can be at the same time agile and without brute force or combat experience, also his low weight allows him to do this with little energy, improving his stamina and letting him last long.
Hope to have been clear.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think the two of us have different ideas of "material to work with", also gyrokinetic combat is easily one of the most versatile combat merging, Luma can have the high knockback on his moves simply by affecting gravity on himself in order to increase the speed on them, eventually causing an increase in the magnitude of the attack, while he can be at the same time agile and without brute force or combat experience, also his low weight allows him to do this with little energy, improving his stamina and letting him last long.
Hope to have been clear.
I think what we are trying to say is that give Sakurai even the littlest thing a character can do and he'll make wonders, Duck Hunt, R.O.B. And a few others are proof of that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think what we are trying to say is that give Sakurai even the littlest thing a character can do and he'll make wonders, Duck Hunt, R.O.B. And a few others are proof of that.
The thing is though is that nobody really doubts that Sakurai can make Daisy work in terms of "simply getting her into the game and making her functional", or any character, for that matter.

The point I'm trying to make is that what's the point of putting Daisy into the game when A) her character hasn't been defined with many particularly interesting traits from a personality or ability stand point in the very series she comes from, and B) what little she has could only be aesthetically distinct, and only to a small degree at that?

Every other character that got into Smash had some sort of very defined basis for why they got in. With Rosalina for example, having Luma as a helper made sense because of A) her deep relationship with Lumas which is part of what makes her interesting even as just a character, and B) because it referenced the Co-Star Luma mechanic from Galaxy 2 (also Lumas are generally helpful creatures and help many characters throughout the game - such as building a Starshroom for Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade in both games). Rosalina's moveset also incorporates stuff like her control over gravity, and other things if we go into the nitty gritty of it all. And all of these elaborate powers of hers link back to her graceful, cosmic goddess role, which again, is an interesting part of her character from just a lore standpoint. All of these elements together form a character (or two) that is both UNIQUE AS A FIGHTER COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CAST and A DISTINCT, FLESHED OUT PERSONALITY THAT IS LOVABLE AS A CHARACTER.

Daisy doesn't really have anything like that in the Mario games as it stands, which you can't really deny no matter how attached to the character you are. She has no fleshed out backstory, she has no storied history of adventures, she doesn't appear in a main series game (SML isn't a main series game - it's a spin-off made by Nintendo R&D1, not a main series game made by Nintendo EAD), she hasn't got a vast and expansive move pool or at least an attribute to derive from, her design isn't incredibly standout and distinct, and her personality is just "energetic and girly" and nothing else, which is very generic.

Daisy can be a Peach alt/clone as it stands that mixes her up by giving her those few distinct elements she has and fusing them with what Peach already has (because Daisy is undeniably derived from Peach as is). What she has right now doesn't deem her worthy of a full moveset though.

Daisy WOULD be worthy of a fully original moveset if Nintendo put her in an RPG or something and actually re-did her design (at least make her tan and change her dress up to be less like Peach's, like how Rosalina is pale and has her own distinct outfit), and gave her weapons or powers that are specific to her (I think a whip made out of flowers called the "Daisy Chain" would be amazing). While Sakurai could do those things by himself, Daisy would get a negative reception if he did because she would literally be "forced" into the game. It would be better if the Mario franchise itself had a game that has Daisy in it and gives her a big role and gives her a weapon or powers to call her own, with a more distinct design. And THEN they put her into Smash.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just hope Daisy doesn't ever get in because I hate her as a character; she's absurdly annoying with that loud voice of hers. I don't want her even as an alternate costume for Peach. I don't really care about her not having elements to get a moveset from, as Sakurai has shown us several times that he can literally create a moveset out of the nothing. It's just the character itself I dislike. I used to like her a lot during the 64 era, which is ironic because she was even more of a palette swap of Peach during that time (she still is, though). I would even use her from time to time in Mario Tennis and Mario Party 3...

Then the redesign came. I didn't really like it at first, and I still don't because it doesn't convince me, but what really killed her for me is her voice. Someone fire Deanna Mustard once and for all, please.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Some eShop titles do give you the option to backup your game data, just in case something ever happens to your game that you want it to be fixed up. However, you are out of luck if the eShop title doesn't offer you that option at all.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
The thing is though is that nobody really doubts that Sakurai can make Daisy work in terms of "simply getting her into the game and making her functional", or any character, for that matter.

The point I'm trying to make is that what's the point of putting Daisy into the game when A) her character hasn't been defined with many particularly interesting traits from a personality or ability stand point in the very series she comes from, and B) what little she has could only be aesthetically distinct, and only to a small degree at that?

Every other character that got into Smash had some sort of very defined basis for why they got in. With Rosalina for example, having Luma as a helper made sense because of A) her deep relationship with Lumas which is part of what makes her interesting even as just a character, and B) because it referenced the Co-Star Luma mechanic from Galaxy 2 (also Lumas are generally helpful creatures and help many characters throughout the game - such as building a Starshroom for Captain Toad and the Toad Brigade in both games). Rosalina's moveset also incorporates stuff like her control over gravity, and other things if we go into the nitty gritty of it all. And all of these elaborate powers of hers link back to her graceful, cosmic goddess role, which again, is an interesting part of her character from just a lore standpoint. All of these elements together form a character (or two) that is both UNIQUE AS A FIGHTER COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CAST and A DISTINCT, FLESHED OUT PERSONALITY THAT IS LOVABLE AS A CHARACTER.

Daisy doesn't really have anything like that in the Mario games as it stands, which you can't really deny no matter how attached to the character you are. She has no fleshed out backstory, she has no storied history of adventures, she doesn't appear in a main series game (SML isn't a main series game - it's a spin-off made by Nintendo R&D1, not a main series game made by Nintendo EAD), she hasn't got a vast and expansive move pool or at least an attribute to derive from, her design isn't incredibly standout and distinct, and her personality is just "energetic and girly" and nothing else, which is very generic.

Daisy can be a Peach alt/clone as it stands that mixes her up by giving her those few distinct elements she has and fusing them with what Peach already has (because Daisy is undeniably derived from Peach as is). What she has right now doesn't deem her worthy of a full moveset though.

Daisy WOULD be worthy of a fully original moveset if Nintendo put her in an RPG or something and actually re-did her design (at least make her tan and change her dress up to be less like Peach's, like how Rosalina is pale and has her own distinct outfit), and gave her weapons or powers that are specific to her (I think a whip made out of flowers called the "Daisy Chain" would be amazing). While Sakurai could do those things by himself, Daisy would get a negative reception if he did because she would literally be "forced" into the game. It would be better if the Mario franchise itself had a game that has Daisy in it and gives her a big role and gives her a weapon or powers to call her own, with a more distinct design. And THEN they put her into Smash.
The personality I can argue as she has clearly shown that she is hyperactive, lively and tomboyish, the rest though you are right,I would be 100% okay if she made it as a real alt, but as a semi-clone would require too much changes, Toad and Peach Bomber are out of the question, no floating and a few others, but yeah something consistent such as a RPG appearance with a main role, is a must before putting her as a full fledged character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The personality I can argue as she has clearly shown that she is hyperactive, lively and tomboyish, the rest though you are right,I would be 100% okay if she made it as a real alt, but as a semi-clone would require too much changes, Toad and Peach Bomber are out of the question, no floating and a few others, but yeah something consistent such as a RPG appearance with a main role, is a must before putting her as a full fledged character.
I actually disagree with the tomboy thing. She doesn't come across as especially tomboyish. Rosalina is the most tomboyish Mario girl IMO, since she's actually a gearhead and is often described as "tough" too (and it does show, she's a bit of a badass). Daisy's bios say she is a tomboy, but she doesn't really prove it in game. It's basically informed characterisation, which is frowned upon.

As for "hyperactive" and "lively", those are VERY one-note character traits and are extremely common in the Marioverse. Mario himself is way more hyperactive and lively than Daisy has ever been, and then of course there is Yoshi too who's super hyper and lively.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I actually disagree with the tomboy thing. She doesn't come across as especially tomboyish. Rosalina is the most tomboyish Mario girl IMO, since she's actually a gearhead and is often described as "tough" too (and it does show, she's a bit of a badass). Daisy's bios say she is a tomboy, but she doesn't really prove it in game. It's basically informed characterisation, which is frowned upon.

As for "hyperactive" and "lively", those are VERY one-note character traits and are extremely common in the Marioverse. Mario himself is way more hyperactive and lively than I Daisy has ever been, and then of course there is Yoshi too who's super hyper and lively.
I quit, I could on all day proving this wrong, but every body has their own opinion and I must respect that and I am not searching for trouble nor I am looking to get people angry at me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe it has something to do with which vehicles Rosalina drives. I feel that she looks more elegant while wearing a dress, but not so much while wearing a biker suit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Maybe it has something to do with which vehicles Rosalina drives. I feel that she looks more elegant while wearing a dress, but not so much while wearing a biker suit.
Actually it goes back as far as Galaxy. Rosalina was shown to have both a knowledge in technology, and to be an architect. She had both of these qualities since she was a child. She was able to repair a Starshroom for the first Luma she met, and she designed and built the various parts of the Observatory (Lumas would have helped with the labour of course, to speed things up).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually it goes back as far as Galaxy. Rosalina was shown to have both a knowledge in technology, and to be an architect. She had both of these qualities since she was a child. She was able to repair a Starshroom for the first Luma she met, and she designed and built the various parts of the Observatory (Lumas would have helped with the labour of course, to speed things up).

That's probably where the term "gearhead" came to play. But the bad*** statement doesn't feel right, at least for my point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom