• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Daisy has been shown to create flowers.
Hence you can give her all the flower power you want.
She doesn't create flowers. The particle effects that look like flowers are transparent, meaning they aren't actually there. They are visual flair. Same with the crystal thing in Strikers.

Sorry, What I actually meant was that in terms of the CHARACTER Daisy easily meets the requirements for Smash.

"A character that shows personality in their game"

Daisy has this in the bag. She is a crazy woman-child who's always in your face. Compared to Peach and Rosalina who are much more ladylike.

"It is important to show what a character can do."

Daisy can use a mix of flower abilities, crystal abilities and sports equipment.

The only problem is franchise distribution. And since there are only a few notable Mario characters to add left, and Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise.....
Sorry but Daisy doesn't have a lot of personality. She has less than Peach, and especially Rosalina.

Daisy is pretty much the most dumbed down versions of Peach (girly and cute), made more excitable. That's her entire character in most games, only exception being a SEGA game.

Peach is mostly just girly and cute, but the RPGs flesh her out sometimes.

Rosalina has been a very layered character with a ton of personality from the beginning, with backstory and agency to boot. Daisy and Peach are leagues below her in that regard.

And Captain Toad warrants a place way more than Daisy does. People have wanted some kind of Toad character since Melee, and we now have one with a fleshed out personality and ability pool, who even has his own game.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
She doesn't create flowers. The particle effects that look like flowers are transparent, meaning they aren't actually there. They are visual flair. Same with the crystal thing in Strikers.

Sorry but Daisy doesn't have a lot of personality. She has less than Peach, and especially Rosalina.

Daisy is pretty much the most dumbed down versions of Peach (girly and cute), made more excitable. That's her entire character in most games, only exception being a SEGA game.

Rosalina has been a very layered character with a ton of personality from the beginning, with backstory and agency to boot. Daisy and Peach are leagues below her in that regard.

And Captain Toad warrants a place way more than Daisy does. People have wanted some kind of Toad character since Melee, and we now have one with a fleshed out personality and ability pool, who even has his own game.
I want Captain Toad in, but he fails in one key area.

His main gimmick is that he cannot jump.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Nope, because in Mario and Sonic, she creates a flower trampoline
And in Mario Sports Mix, she creates a garden that slows opponents.

So they're not holograms or something.

And duh, of course Toad deserves it before here, I'm not dumb, I just support every Mario character outside of Geno.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want Captain Toad in, but he fails in one key area.

His main gimmick is that he cannot jump.
Actually, he could jump in the Galaxy games. They just made him not jump in 3D World and Treasure Tracker because they wanted to make a puzzler around that concept.

My personal moveset idea actually involves his backpack having a secret jetpack compartment, built by the Toad Brigade and Lubba's crew, that allows him to have some decent jump height.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

And duh, of course Toad deserves it before here, I'm not dumb, I just support every Mario character outside of Geno.
Technically, Geno is a Square Enix character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If you actually paid attention to what the Flower Trampoline was, you'd see that they are holograms. The move just gives her a speed boost with holographic flowers behind her.

It seems to me like you're just reading from a wiki and not checking how these aspects of her character actually are.

As for the garden, I checked that out and she doesn't even do anything, the garden just appears out of nowhere, no gesture from her or anything. Seems less like a power and more like a mechanism built into the court that works at certain points.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
If you actually paid attention to what the Flower Trampoline was, you'd see that they are holograms. The move just gives her a speed boost with holographic flowers behind her.

It seems to me like you're just reading from a wiki and not checking how these aspects of her character actually are.

As for the garden, I checked that out and she doesn't even do anything, the garden just appears out of nowhere, no gesture from her or anything. Seems less like a power and more like a mechanism built into the court that works at certain points.
The point is that the character doesn't specifically have to have strict origins for their moves. Pac-Man never summoned a mouse from his hand.

I'm going back to the Daisy thread....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The point is that the character doesn't specifically have to have strict origins for their moves. Pac-Man never summoned a mouse from his hand.

I'm going back to the Daisy thread....
They have to have some sort of basis though.

Pac-Man uses quite a few moves that he's used in the past. They just gave him a taunt/move that involves making general Namco references, since he is a retro third party rep. Just like how Mega Man had a Shoryuken (known as the "Mega Upper") before Ryu got in. It makes even more sense for Pac-Man since by design, he's completely abstract. So his moves follow suit.

Humanoid characters though, need a bit more believability. Especially if they are from the most well known Nintendo franchise, where every other character has a clear basis for their moveset, drawn from the actual games.

Like I said in the Daisy thread, it's fine if you want the character and vote for her. Just be aware that she's not the kind of character you can convince people of if they don't already have nostalgia for her/aren't fickle.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

They have to have some sort of basis though.

Pac-Man uses quite a few moves that he's used in the past. They just gave him a taunt/move that involves making general Namco references, since he is a retro third party rep. Just like how Mega Man had a Shoryuken (known as the "Mega Upper") before Ryu got in. It makes even more sense for Pac-Man since by design, he's completely abstract. So his moves follow suit.

Humanoid characters though, need a bit more believability. Especially if they are from the most well known Nintendo franchise, where every other character has a clear basis for their moveset, drawn from the actual games.

Like I said in the Daisy thread, it's fine if you want the character and vote for her. Just be aware that she's not the kind of character you can convince people of if they don't already have nostalgia for her/aren't fickle.
Sigh.....

Daisy's name is enough to give her a flower moveset. There's the basis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Sigh.....

Daisy's name is enough to give her a flower moveset. There's the basis.
Pac-Man has an origin for his move though. That mouse comes from a Namco game. Plus it's only a taunt, not a move.

Daisy's name isn't enough of a basis, the character is not some flower superhero or magician as she stands right now.

Let her get a moveset worth talking about in an actual Mario game before she gets a fully featured one in Smash.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Spawning evanescent flowers is still anthokinesis, though it is a cross with illusion creation and is a bottom-level skill with nearly no pratical use, and one cannot just make them stronger out of thin air, I'm thinking at the fact that to be able use pyrokinetic flight for an extended period of time Mario can easily have enough control to use formulated fire blasts, maybe I am forgetting someone. Also a illusion character may fit better in an RPG than a fighting game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Spawning evanescent flowers is still anthokinesis, though it is a cross with illusion creation and is a bottom-level skill with nearly no pratical use, and one cannot just make them stronger out of thin air, I'm thinking at the fact that to be able use pyrokinetic flight for an extended period of time Mario can easily have enough control to use formulated fire blasts, maybe I am forgetting someone.
I don't think it's a kinesis of any kind in Daisy's case, it's just video game particle effects that look cute. She's not even summoning them, they are just there as part of animations.

It's Mario, a lot of things are there like it is a cartoon. Not every piece of visual flair is a power of some kind.

EDIT:

SHE IS SMOL

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
You mean like circling birdies? That migt be as well, not like it would make that much of a difference usefulness-wise. Also there looks to be something with proportions (and flying earrings) with that pic, and that makes it at the same time funny and cool.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You mean like circling birdies? That migt be as well, not like it would make that much of a difference usefulness-wise.
Yeah, exactly like circling birdies, actually. It's just visual flair that isn't actually "there", it's just to look pretty for the viewers.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't think it's a kinesis of any kind in Daisy's case, it's just video game particle effects that look cute. She's not even summoning them, they are just there as part of animations.

It's Mario, a lot of things are there like it is a cartoon. Not every piece of visual flair is a power of some kind.

EDIT:

SHE IS SMOL
Captain Falcon is a cat person confirmed!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry, What I actually meant was that in terms of the CHARACTER Daisy easily meets the requirements for Smash.

"A character that shows personality in their game"

Daisy has this in the bag. She is a crazy woman-child who's always in your face. Compared to Peach and Rosalina who are much more ladylike.

"It is important to show what a character can do."

Daisy can use a mix of flower abilities, crystal abilities and sports equipment.

The only problem is franchise distribution. And since there are only a few notable Mario characters to add left, and Mario is Nintendo's flagship franchise.....
I think you're forgetting the fact that Daisy is primarily a spin-off character. Spin-off characters have no chance of being made playable in Smash Bros.; this is further proven by Waluigi's status as an Assist Trophy.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think you're forgetting the fact that Daisy is primarily a spin-off character. Spin-off characters have no chance of being made playable in Smash Bros.; this is further proven by Waluigi's status as an Assist Trophy.
Whoa... didn't expect this discussion will go this far...
Yeah, assist trophy are out of the consideration, but Daisy I think she still has a bit of chance if she has enough votes to be in Smash.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
We don't have spin-off only characters in other Nintendo franchises do we?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I personally voted Viridi. I still don't know why, especially knowing she would never make it.
And you guys ?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
And if it did like Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy ?
After all, there's still hope for him being reintroduce without the ballot.

He has to be back, it's unfair for him not to return.
You stole me the words.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Though I also support :snake: but Wolf takes a higher priority since It's less likely Snake would make it back unless Konami approves.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Of course, me and my home boys from the Wolf support thread are expressing their full support for him that he would eventually make a comeback as a DLC fighter. I would pay extra for him and for his amiibo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We don't have spin-off only characters in other Nintendo franchises do we?
There is Lana and Cia, from Hyrule Warriors. But overall, the Mario Universe tends to have the most spin-off titles when compared to the other Nintendo franchises.

I voted for this guy:
He has to be back, it's unfair for him not to return.
It's even more criminal knowing that Lylat Cruise and its secret taunts returned in Smash Wii U without Wolf. At least Nintendo can reuse the secret taunt voice clips from Brawl if Wolf does manage to make the cut as a DLC character. However, Palutena's Guidance will just classify Wolf as an "intruder from another dimension".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There is Lana and Cia, from Hyrule Warriors. But overall, the Mario Universe tends to have the most spin-off titles when compared to the other Nintendo franchises.

It's even more criminal knowing that Lylat Cruise and its secret taunts returned in Smash Wii U without Wolf. At least Nintendo can reuse the secret taunt voice clips from Brawl if Wolf does manage to make the cut as a DLC character. However, Palutena's Guidance will just classify Wolf as an "intruder from another dimension".
Well, at least he has to be back...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Whoa... didn't expect this discussion will go this far...
Yeah, assist trophy are out of the consideration, but Daisy I think she still has a bit of chance if she has enough votes to be in Smash.
If I had known that me asking all of you the question I did would have resulted in all of that ruckus, I would have never done it in the first place, know all you Rosalina fans got into a pointless argument, I apologize.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If I had known that me asking all of you the question I did would have resulted in all of that ruckus, I would have never done it in the first place, know all you Rosalina fans got into a pointless argument, I apologize.
Nah, that's ok, everyone has it's own opinion afterall.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think it's more like you expected people to embrace the idea of Daisy being in Smash , but many in here , while are not 100% against it , have a very detailed opinion that conflicts with it.

Not gonna lie , i like Daisy a lot , i always did , but I agree with many in here with the fact that she is just not really popular to be in the game , especially with The Mario series having a lot of characters and not only that , all of them have a superior status as MAIN . She can totally work as a playable character , but in the end the let's be honest , it's not really happening.

Nevetheless i like the enthusiasm for your prefered character to be in the game.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey Rosalina Social back again lets see what you were up to
*Sees arguing about why daisy should not be in smash but Rosalina should be*
K. makes some sense
*Sees that she would have little move pool potential even though Rosalina has even less material to work with and made her a puppet fighter whose puppet is an npc with no combat experience and is the one who does most of the heavy work*
Yaranaika Luma.png

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hey Rosalina Social back again lets see what you were up to
*Sees arguing about why daisy should not be in smash but Rosalina should be*
K. makes some sense
*Sees that she would have little move pool potential even though Rosalina has even less material to work with and made her a puppet fighter whose puppet is an npc with no combat experience and is the one who does most of the heavy work*
View attachment 62133
Not really , while Daisy is the one and only Flower-lover in the Mario series as a whole , that's just not enough.
I admit that Rosalina's cosmos and space affinity is a lot more interesting. And they even gave an explanation about what she really can do with her wand from galaxy in this game , so i would say it's better and more interesting.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I think it's more like you expected people to embrace the idea of Daisy being in Smash , but many in here , while are not 100% against it , have a very detailed opinion that conflicts with it.

Not gonna lie , i like Daisy a lot , i always did , but I agree with many in here with the fact that she is just not really popular to be in the game , especially with The Mario series having a lot of characters and not only that , all of them have a superior status as MAIN . She can totally work as a playable character , but in the end the let's be honest , it's not really happening.

Nevetheless i like the enthusiasm for your prefered character to be in the game.
Truth be told, if Daisy made it as an alt, that would be a mission accomplished for me, because as you said she needs at least another consistent mainstream appearance where she isn't a Peach stand off, if only the EAD would give her a chance even if only for one game.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
@ Antonykun Antonykun
your post in zelda social pulled me into the rosa social

how the hell do I leave now?
Not really , while Daisy is the one and only Flower-lover in the Mario series as a whole , that's just not enough.
I admit that Rosalina's cosmos and space affinity is a lot more interesting. And they even gave an explanation about what she really can do with her wand from galaxy in this game , so i would say it's better and more interesting.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
For the record i am completely neutral about daisy making it to smash
My point is that you really should not under estimate the design team can do with Daisy she may have all of one non spinoff game but her appearances in those games plus her flower motif can give a LOT of potential
@ Antonykun Antonykun
your post in zelda social pulled me into the rosa social

how the hell do I leave now?
you don't

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom