• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not too long ago, I've managed to fully complete Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Everything has been completed, which includes all the courses, and I have every character recorded onto the Guide, including the Gold Goomba.

Simply put, there's nothing left to do in the game now.

So, you are going to quite playing?
What other games are you going to play next?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's kind of up in the air right now, considering that Super Mario Maker won't be out until September. Still, it feels good knowing that all my hard work paid off.
Me, sadly I can't buy a Wii U this month,so want to play games on the Wii U, guess I have to work hard next time.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I wish I could get the 10 million Rupee glitch to work consistently so I could level up all my characters and make some of these missions easier.
I constantly get the Rupee glitch. I've already maxed out all my characters to level 255, completed all their Badges (aka skill trees), and I did the Rupee glitch again to spend as much as I want on potion mixtures, fusing weapons, and removing or appraising skills. I can pretty much build different ultimate weapons that I want.

The only thing I gotta finish is the Twilight Princess pack (almost finished), the Majora's Mask pack (haven't started), and the Boss pack (only did a little). Looking forward to the Boss pack since I love hard challenges.

Now that needs a bit luck right?
Relying on luck is like saying they expect for me to fail. That's why I don't believe in it.
We should call it for what it really is in this game, RNG (and some skill). You don't need luck to pull off the Rupee glitch because it'll happen eventually. You just need to be patient with the random number generator because if you do the glitch correctly, it WILL happen, one way or another.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We should call it for what it really is in this game, RNG (and some skill). You don't need luck to pull off the Rupee glitch because it'll happen eventually. You just need to be patient with the random number generator because if you do the glitch correctly, it WILL happen, one way or another.
Which is why I don't need luck to get the job done.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got it on my second try, but haven't got it since. The levelling I spent it on has helped me progress quite a bit though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I constantly get the Rupee glitch. I've already maxed out all my characters to level 255, completed all their Badges (aka skill trees), and I did the Rupee glitch again to spend as much as I want on potion mixtures, fusing weapons, and removing or appraising skills. I can pretty much build different ultimate weapons that I want.

The only thing I gotta finish is the Twilight Princess pack (almost finished), the Majora's Mask pack (haven't started), and the Boss pack (only did a little). Looking forward to the Boss pack since I love hard challenges.

Hm... perhaps so.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, how is it that you can level up the characters so quickly?
The "Training Dojo" in the Bazaar allows you to quickly level up characters using Rupees, up to whatever level your highest levelled character is at. It's pricey though, so the main use of the 10 million Rupees glitch is for levelling up characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The "Training Dojo" in the Bazaar allows you to quickly level up characters using Rupees, up to whatever level your highest levelled character is at. It's pricey though, so the main use of the 10 million Rupees glitch is for levelling up characters.
Oh I see. I'll definitely gonna start doing the 10 million rupee glitch sometime.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Which is why I don't need luck to get the job done.
Exactly. Just look what I said before about getting the glitch constantly. I was able to get the process done efficiently through tips and tricks I found online, and all I had to do was wait for the random number generator. It could be as easy as getting it on the first try, or tediously long (maybe an hour or 2 for the next glitch to occur).

I got it on my second try, but haven't got it since. The levelling I spent it on has helped me progress quite a bit though.
You'll get it eventually. This guide helped me greatly since it has a ton of info and step by step instructions:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/2wtnjw/max_rupee_glitch/

Wait, how is it that you can level up the characters so quickly?
sonicbrawler182 just answered this but I'd like to add that if you try to level up a character at a very low level to the maximum level (or just a very high level), say lv.10 to lv.255, your gonna have to get the Rupee glitch at least 2 or 3 times to complete leveling that character.

"It takes at least three glitches to get to level 255 from level 1.
1 -> 135
135 -> 200
200 -> 255"

Just basically keep in mind that characters below level 135 need the Rupee glitch more than once.
Lastly, just know that it'll take about 35 rupee glitches (about 45 rupee glitches with DLC characters) or less (depending on your character's levels) to get everyone to lv.255.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
With the way Iwata went out so abruptly, his legacy in a way feels incomplete. I know in the past people have made discussions saying how Nintendo's higher-ups are "past their prime" but I always believe anyone can make a strong breakthrough and improve. But now I'll never be able to see Iwata involved in the future of Nintendo. It's okay to disagree with certain decisions he's made as CEO. I'm sure plenty of people had disagreements. But it pains me to know that the worst thing to cause a change in not just Nintendo, but within all of gaming has happened. We lost a legend. The hype train will always have that empty seat. I'll really be feeling it when the next Nintendo Direct comes and Iwata's not there.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
With the way Iwata went out so abruptly, his legacy in a way feels incomplete. I know in the past people have made discussions saying how Nintendo's higher-ups are "past their prime" but I always believe anyone can make a strong breakthrough and improve. But now I'll never be able to see Iwata involved in the future of Nintendo. It's okay to disagree with certain decisions he's made as CEO. I'm sure plenty of people had disagreements. But it pains me to know that the worst thing to cause a change in not just Nintendo, but within all of gaming has happened. We lost a legend. The hype train will always have that empty seat. I'll really be feeling it when the next Nintendo Direct comes and Iwata's not there.
It's sure that there will be no more "Iwata ask". Nintendo Direct, still highly possible to continue.

Edit:
This pic is awesome:

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
They confirmed that reck it ralph 2 is being made. Also said that it may conta in more Nintendo characters.

I wonder what's the chance of seeing Rosalina on the big screen:rosalina:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They confirmed that reck it ralph 2 is being made. Also said that it may conta in more Nintendo characters.

Nah, I don't think she has a big chance. We don't even know how big role will Mario be in this movie.
Someone claim that there's a Rosalina-Peach like Princess appeared in the first movie though, but that's probably another Disney princess.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Eh...I don't see it happening unless they surprise me...though truth be told, I haven't been watching a lot of movies these days.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
@ Tali vas Normandy Tali vas Normandy I'm sorry but whenever I see your avatar, I'm reminded of the artist and feel a little.... odd? I don't know how to put it, but what I hear in my head is: "OH HOLY CRAP! His avatar was made by ******* and he makes NSFW art all the time!"

Still, the artist is very good and talented, even if what he makes is mostly NSFW.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nah, I don't think she has a big chance. We don't even know how big role will Mario be in this movie.
Someone claim that there's a Rosalina-Peach like Princess appeared in the first movie though, but that's probably another Disney princess.
Mario is most likely going to be a main character, if he is to be in the movie. The reason he wasn't in the first movie was because the creators felt it wouldn't be justified making him just a side character due to him being so famous (I could say the same about Sonic who they were able to use quite a bit anyway, but eh), and they couldn't get him a main character role at the time, so they just didn't include him.

As for Rosalina showing up - her showing up in it is not necessarily something I would have thought of. It'd be cool, and I suppose a cameo is possible, but nothing much else. I could definitely see her happening if they decide to represent modern characters (the first movie didn't have any game characters that debuted in the 21st century, IIRC).

----------------------

Game Grumps are doing Super Mario Galaxy.

>Excited to see what Arin had to say about Rosalina
>She shows up
>"I love Rosalina! I mean they never give these characters any personality, but in terms of the design..."

...That COMPLETELY missed the point of why people even like her to begin with. I'm pretty sure she isn't in Smash and a recurring character in the main Mario cast just because of a pretty design. People like her because she's the one Mario character that debuted with a personality and backstory and retained it within the main series.

Also Luigi and Captain Toad are pretty great in this game too, to be honest. Lots of great quotes. Not to mention the Lumas.

I was looking forward to this playthrough at first but I know Arin is gonna say something that's gonna mess up the Super Mario Galaxy/Rosalina fandom, due to newcomers or outsiders taking his word as gospel because they are big fans of him. Just like what happened with Game Theory, and the whole "Rosalina is a princess" debacle which pretty much spread because of Prima Guides, another group some people put too much faith into.

He does this all of the time with Sonic games.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mario is most likely going to be a main character, if he is to be in the movie. The reason he wasn't in the first movie was because the creators felt it wouldn't be justified making him just a side character due to him being so famous (I could say the same about Sonic who they were able to use quite a bit anyway, but eh), and they couldn't get him a main character role at the time, so they just didn't include him.

As for Rosalina showing up - her showing up in it is not necessarily something I would have thought of. It'd be cool, and I suppose a cameo is possible, but nothing much else. I could definitely see her happening if they decide to represent modern characters (the first movie didn't have any game characters that debuted in the 21st century, IIRC).

----------------------

Game Grumps are doing Super Mario Galaxy.

>Excited to see what Arin had to say about Rosalina
>She shows up
>"I love Rosalina! I mean they never give these characters any personality, but in terms of the design..."

...That COMPLETELY missed the point of why people even like her to begin with. I'm pretty sure she isn't in Smash and a recurring character in the main Mario cast just because of a pretty design. People like her because she's the one Mario character that debuted with a personality and backstory and retained it within the main series.

Also Luigi and Captain Toad are pretty great in this game too, to be honest. Lots of great quotes. Not to mention the Lumas.

I was looking forward to this playthrough at first but I know Arin is gonna say something that's gonna mess up the Super Mario Galaxy/Rosalina fandom, due to newcomers or outsiders taking his word as gospel because they are big fans of him. Just like what happened with Game Theory, and the whole "Rosalina is a princess" debacle which pretty much spread because of Prima Guides, another group some people put too much faith into.

He does this all of the time with Sonic games.
I don't really watch game grumps all the the time, but they just don't really take Rosalina that seriously, they like the character right? So I really don't mind that much.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Um, I know this is a Rosalina ththread and this is no place for a question like this but, What would your thoughts be if Daisy made it as DLC in Sm4sh? It is not my intention nor I am trying to convince anyone to vote for her, just wanna know what your thoughts would be.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Um, I know this is a Rosalina ththread and this is no place for a question like this but, What would your thoughts be if Daisy made it as DLC in Sm4sh? It is not my intention nor I am trying to convince anyone to vote for her, just wanna know what your thoughts would be.
She's better off as an alternative character for Peach, like Olimar/Alpha, or as an Assist Trophy character.

I'm being serious...muchacho.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Depends

If she's a special Peach costume similar to Alph, then I would be quite happy as this is something I've been wanting
If she's a clone similar to Dark Pit and Lucina, I'd think it was unnessary to seperate her from Peach but seeing her with her own taunts and victory screen would be kinda cool
If she was her own unique character, then I'd just roll my eyes, hope she's fun and wish it was someone else.

Either way, Hi, I'm Daisy has to a taunt.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_tumblr_nr9hb6VtFK1uay35oo1_400.png
why can't it be like this all three?
She's better off as an alternative character for Peach, like Olimar/Alpha, or as an Assist Trophy character.

I'm being serious...muchacho.
It's cool, as I've said, just wanna know what would your thoughts be, thruth is, Daisy is my favorite princess, but I am willing to give Rosalina a chance, what really bothered me is that why in the bloody world didn't they at least make her a REAL alt, not a recolor that ever since Brawl, its been off, just hope she makes it at least as a alt, that would be enough justice for her.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 61999 why can't it be like this all three?

It's cool, as I've said, just wanna know what would your thoughts be, thruth is, Daisy is my favorite princess, but I am willing to give Rosalina a chance, what really bothered me is that why in the bloody world didn't they at least make her a REAL alt, not a recolor that ever since Brawl, its been off, just hope she makes it at least as a alt, that would be enough justice for her.
Unless they can give Daisy a new moveset.
If you really want Daisy to be in Smash Bros, then hope that she has that popularity to be in.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
View attachment 61999 why can't it be like this all three?

Well only the Smash Ballot can answer that question but it won't be until after the anniversary of the 3DS version's launch to find out the results as to who it will be (personally, I voted for Wolf).

And on a side note, Rosalina isn't really a princess. You'll end up triggering sonicbrawler's smart ass discussion about why she isn't.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Unless they can give Daisy a new moveset.
If you really want Daisy to be in Smash Bros, then hope that she has that popularity to be in.
Oh she has, what's holding her back is: People think the Mario series has enough representatives, the most typical one: "She would be a Peach clone!" Or "She is irrelevant to the series!" Moveset potential? R.O.B. And Duck Hunt say hi, in any case I am trying to open up to Rosalina more, what I don't like are the 'FANBOYS' that keep bashing at us Daisy fans, don't get me wrong, us Daisy fans aren't perfect either, Michaellol and the people who think that Rosie "stole" Daisy's spotlight are proof of that.

Well only the Smash Ballot can answer that question but it won't be until after the anniversary of the 3DS version's launch to find out the results as to who it will be (personally, I voted for Wolf).

And on a side note, Rosalina isn't really a princess. You'll end up triggering sonicbrawler's smart *** discussion about why she isn't.
I voted Snake aside from Daisy, why I voted for her is because I see her working like Sheik is to Zelda, faster moving and harder hitting but is lightweight and is easy to k.o herself. The hardest hitting female character in Sm4sh if you will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh she has, what's holding her back is: People think the Mario series has enough representatives, the most typical one: "She would be a Peach clone!" Or "She is irrelevant to the series!" Moveset potential? R.O.B. And Duck Hunt say hi, in any case I am trying to open up to Rosalina more, what I don't like are the 'FANBOYS' that keep bashing at us Daisy fans, don't get me wrong, us Daisy fans aren't perfect either, Michaellol and the people who think that Rosie "stole" Daisy's spotlight are proof of that.
I can't stand the fanboys either. I mean, how could Rosalina stole Daisy's spotlight if Daisy didn't even have one to begin with?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, since it's just DLC character, I ain't against her to be in Smash, I wish Snake is in too.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
The whole
Rosalina took her spot because she should have been in
has been some fun, I must say.
Anyway, Duck Hunt, just like R.O.B. and G&W are important vessels of precise past consoles and ages, and the best way to make that clear is by giving them movesets based on those.
Daisy not only doesn't represent nothing, but never appeared in a main series game, barring her debut game, where she was't more of a reskin of Peach like everything else in that game. Her appearance literally gives her nothing for her moveset barring anthokinesis, and this in turn is mostly restricted to Flower creation.
At least that's what I think.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Warning Received
I can't stand the fanboys either. I mean, how could Rosalina stole Daisy's spotlight if Daisy didn't even have one to begin with?
Correct. I know that Daisy was originally made to be a Peach stand off, but over the course of the years she has gotten her own identity and personality without another main series appearance, just wish the EAD would give her a chance, at least make a game where they show the missing key elements to her character: Background, how she and Peach became best friends, how she and Luigi fell in love with each other, kinda like Sega did with Shadow The Hedgehog, even if they did only that, it would be enough to shine light on the missing parts of her character.

Snake has been "keeping us waiting" for too long. :snake:
Snake with SoL appareance and OctoCamo please.

The whole

has been some fun, I must say.
Anyway, Duck Hunt, just like R.O.B. and G&W are important vessels of precise past consoles and ages, and the best way to make that clear is by giving them movesets based on those.
Daisy not only doesn't represent nothing, but never appeared in a main series game, barring her debut game, where she was't more of a reskin of Peach like everything else in that game. Her appearance literally gives her nothing for her moveset barring anthokinesis, and this in turn is mostly restricted to Flower creation.
At least that's what I think.
You can dig around and see that she would be a heavy hitter kind of character, and as to what she could represent, while it does not count for something grand , the spin-offs, why? Look at it: Crossovers, Karts, Partys, she's been in all of them so anybody who would see her there would easily identify her in the game popularity wise, and if it counts for something, she already has a total of 4 trophies ingame, which in a way counts considering she is often viewed as nothing more than a spin-off character.

Last edited by a moderator:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
What I mean with "she only appeared in spin-offs outside lf her debut" is that for e most part she does exactly what others do, barring flower creation, at best with different stats.
And "hard-hitter" isn't something you can rapresent in a fighting game because they are a generalization that includes Ice Glaciers and Lightning Bruisiers, that cannot overlap each other, at least without Monado Arts-like multipliers, wich she never used.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
What I mean with "she only appeared in spin-offs outside lf her debut" is that for e most part she does exactly what others do, barring flower creation, at best with different stats.
And "hard-hitter" isn't something you can rapresent in a fighting game because they are a generalization that includes Ice Glaciers and Lightning Bruisiers, that cannot overlap each other.
The idea of her being the hardest hitter came from Mario Party 3, where she sends Bowser flying with just a slap, true Peach does it with her parasol but Daisy did it with her bare hands, and yeah any other character would be able to represent the spin-offs but the only other character who fans believe can pull it off Waluigi is already an AT so at least in Sm4sh, he's out, hence why people look at her in this way.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
That's not what I said.
I said that prior to her appearing only in spin-offs, she barely has any material for a moveset as every character can do what she does there, it's not a question of rapresentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom