• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Absolutely devastated about Iwata, it won't be the same without him. I added the banner to my avatar, thanks to @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy for supplying it.

This message has never been more appropriate. Stars may die, but their essence is carried on in everyone they touch.
I beat Super Mario Galaxy again only a couple of days ago, so this especially hurts me hard...

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
It's too bad that I my drawing devices suck, I even focalized what to draw.
So I could still do something by modifying my avatar not only by adding a banner but also by altering brightness, hue, saturation and contrast into it. Prior to it being omogenous, it was needed the light behind the banner, making it appear trascendent and tetached from all the rest, drawing attention, so I can have the right palette of colors while still drawing attention to the banner.

The final product in my avatar is different because the banner results too small to read when shrinked, but adding the spinning light literally eats half image with light, making the banner the only actually recognizable thing.
That was quite a while since I photoshopped something, but I had to do something.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm thinking about replaying Super Mario Galaxy again. I remember just how phenomenal that game was when I first played it. That experience literally blew my mind away.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm thinking about replaying Super Mario Galaxy again. I remember just how phenomenal that game was when I first played it. That experience literally blew my mind away.
I'm gonna go and play Super Mario Galaxy 2.
I really like it's ending music.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku I would be glad to have that banner... I actually tried to put it myself, but I failed everytime.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Anything that can overlap two images can be fine, but I was referencing to an online one as it seemed like mario123007 hadn't any of them istalled, one wouldn't bother installing a whole program to do a single collage.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anything that can overlap two images can be fine, but I was referencing to an online one as it seemed like mario123007 hadn't any of them istalled, one wouldn't bother installing a whole program to do a single collage.
Nope I don't have them installed, I do have a photoimpact software on my parents PC, but I can't use their PC.
And I don't really want to install another photo editing software just yet.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Hmm... I'm starting to lose motivation every time I try to begin drawing something for Iwata... Whenever I start, I feel pretty sad about Iwata, I feel like the drawing might not be good enough, and I never get to finish. I hate it when this happens. I always make promises I can't keep... I think I'll leave it alone for now.

I'm sorry everyone...

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Do you have an idea of what you want your drawing to look like???

I wish i could draw. Even my hand writing is extremely messy.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I thought about using GIMP 2 to add the ribbon onto my Reggie Falcome avatar, but decided to just go with Iwata himself.
Super Mario Galaxy has so much replay value. I want to go back to it, but I'm in the middle of so many games. Three of them are non-Pokémon RPGs and I have games I haven't started yet. What's worse is that I'm only at World 8 in 3D World. Just went off on a hiatus from it to play a different game.
Hmm... I'm starting to lose motivation every time I try to begin drawing something for Iwata... Whenever I start, I feel pretty sad about Iwata, I feel like the drawing might not be good enough, and I never get to finish. I hate it when this happens. I always make promises I can't keep... I think I'll leave it alone for now.

I'm sorry everyone...
I feel the exact same way. I can't seem to give myself the right motivation for an Iwata drawing because it's so sad and drawing in general. I kinda feel behind in my personal progress because I haven't drawn a thing in years and I'm afraid that anything I try to draw will turn out terrible. I'm hoping to find better ways to practice, so I'll just try with what my current skills are and know that my ability or lack thereof is not the focus. I guess I'm too worried about making something good for the occasion.

It just started to downpour in my area. This really is a sad time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been meaning to start comics themed around Rosalina, Captain Toad, and Sonic in order to pay tribute to him, but I have had some responsibilities and I have been so tired lately. Stayed up until 5AM when I heard he died. Went to bed early last night but was woken up early by the doorbell which I answered, but nobody was there for some reason.

So instead I just made quick little things using in-game screenshots, like that post of mine on the last page. I will hopefully get to the comics eventually.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I feel the exact same way. I can't seem to give myself the right motivation for an Iwata drawing because it's so sad and drawing in general. I kinda feel behind in my personal progress because I haven't drawn a thing in years and I'm afraid that anything I try to draw will turn out terrible. I'm hoping to find better ways to practice, so I'll just try with what my current skills are and know that my ability or lack thereof is not the focus. I guess I'm too worried about making something good for the occasion.

It just started to downpour in my area. This really is a sad time.
That's the exact same case for me too. I haven't drawn in about a year or so and my skills have really dropped. I look at my previous art works and I get this kind of "man, my old art is great" feeling, but I know my current art would pale in comparison to my old art.

I'm not good at drawing from scratch, but simply observing something and being able to draw a near exact replica is where my skills come from. I heard it's a pretty valuable skill that most artists wish to possess or gain, especially when drawing real life things. However, if I do end up drawing something, I'd keep it simple. Maybe I'd sketch Rosalina among the stars and put text above that says "Farewell Iwata. May the stars guide you..."

By the way, it was also raining where I live. It's stopped though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It was raining like crazy where I live yesterday.

It rained a little internally too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Super Mario Galaxy has so much replay value. I want to go back to it, but I'm in the middle of so many games. Three of them are non-Pokémon RPGs and I have games I haven't started yet. What's worse is that I'm only at World 8 in 3D World. Just went off on a hiatus from it to play a different game.
I'm real close to finishing Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition on my end. However, while there is replay value in replaying the same courses over again, once the Koopalings, Bowser Jr., Bowser, and Dry Bowser join your party, you can no longer face them as bosses anymore.

What's even more disturbing is that Super Peach, Dry Bowser, and Bowser the Koopa King are unlocked AFTER you've completed every world in the game, making their usage pretty much non-existent if you've completed every course before getting them.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I'm real close to finishing Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition on my end. However, while there is replay value in replaying the same courses over again, once the Koopalings, Bowser Jr., Bowser, and Dry Bowser join your party, you can no longer face them as bosses anymore.

What's even more disturbing is that Super Peach, Dry Bowser, and Bowser the Koopa King are unlocked AFTER you've completed every world in the game, making their usage pretty much non-existent if you've completed every course before getting them.
I always wondered, in the gallery of the game, when you see Super Rosalina, what does she do, please ? I saw the only video on the Internet of that, and she seems to pull out spheres... With something that looks like astroid belt around her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always wondered, in the gallery of the game, when you see Super Rosalina, what does she do, please ? I saw the only video on the Internet of that, and she seems to pull out spheres... With something that looks like astroid belt around her.
Super Rosalina is a Water/Light attribute helper. Her helper skill multiplies your team's ATK by 5.5x whenever you attack with all 5 Orb attributes. As for her normal skill, Super Rosalina transforms all Orbs into Fire, Water, Wood, Light, and Dark Orbs.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm the same way. I got Wii U games that I haven't even finished yet and I've been trying to find some time to spend on my Wii U so that I can finish them. The games I've yet to finish are Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta (I haven't even started on Bayonetta 2) and Splatoon. I even have Kirby and the Rainbow Curse but I wasn't feeling the controls on that one that I don't think I'll ever go back to it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I'm the same way. I got Wii U games that I haven't even finished yet and I've been trying to find some time to spend on my Wii U so that I can finish them. The games I've yet to finish are Lego City: Undercover, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta (I haven't even started on Bayonetta 2) and Splatoon. I even have Kirby and the Rainbow Curse but I wasn't feeling the controls on that one that I don't think I'll ever go back to it.
You mean at 100% Cause if you ever want to finish Hyrule Warriors at 100%... I'm on it since its release, and I'm losing hope.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You mean at 100% Cause if you ever want to finish Hyrule Warriors at 100%... I'm on it since its release, and I'm losing hope.
****, I'm not sure how far I got into that one. I did made it past the part where I beat Cia.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
****, I'm not sure how far I got into that one. I did made it past the part where I beat Cia.
Well, I won't spoil the main story. It isn't really long, even with collecting every hearts and the golden spiders (I'm forgot the name), but if you really wanna beat the game entirely, with the adventure maps (DLC included, without that's handable), well... Good luck.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I won't spoil the main story. It isn't really long, even with collecting every hearts and the golden spiders (I'm forgot the name), but if you really wanna beat the game entirely, with the adventure maps (DLC included, without that's handable), well... Good luck.
Luck doesn't exist. I just need to do what I gotta do.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm sorry everyone...
Maybe you should rest for a while, and then draw it with your heart.
That's the exact same case for me too. I haven't drawn in about a year or so and my skills have really dropped. I look at my previous art works and I get this kind of "man, my old art is great" feeling, but I know my current art would pale in comparison to my old art.

I'm not good at drawing from scratch, but simply observing something and being able to draw a near exact replica is where my skills come from. I heard it's a pretty valuable skill that most artists wish to possess or gain, especially when drawing real life things. However, if I do end up drawing something, I'd keep it simple. Maybe I'd sketch Rosalina among the stars and put text above that says "Farewell Iwata. May the stars guide you..."

By the way, it was also raining where I live. It's stopped though.
When I heard Iwata passed away (I think I heard the news like, very early), it was raining at the time... no joke.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been trying to do that lately too.

I still haven't got Zant yet, and I only just got Agitha.

I wish I could get the 10 million Rupee glitch to work consistently so I could level up all my characters and make some of these missions easier.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I wish I could get the 10 million Rupee glitch to work consistently so I could level up all my characters and make some of these missions easier.
What 10 million rupee glitch?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Oh god don't talk about that. I tried to do that glitch, I really don't want to level up Darunia, Agitha and some other.

I got it to work once. It's really random though.
Congrats. I wasn't even able to have it just one time, and I would certainly never. My character with the highest level is Lana at 125... I have every characters though.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not too long ago, I've managed to fully complete Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. Everything has been completed, which includes all the courses, and I have every character recorded onto the Guide, including the Gold Goomba.

Simply put, there's nothing left to do in the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom