• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
I can't recall which were at my target other than bowser. I was too busy regretting not coming earlier.

Oh yeah, and how does Rosie's AI preform compared to other amiibos?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh yeah, and how does Rosie's AI preform compared to other amiibos?
I did check how she stacks up against my other amiibos in a couple 8-Player Smash matches. Even with the stat boosts, Rosalina's performance varied from being tolerable, to being lackluster at times. Of course, she does appear to fare better than my Yoshi amiibo, who's hardly ever the leading member for his team.

Here are a couple results screens, just as a reference...

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I got super lucky with the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo and my target had 4 left. Picked up 2, one to keep in the box and one to use. Would've bought Bowser, but they literally had 6 rows full of him. No other Wave 3, hoping to find Sheik and Toon Link. But man, is this Rosalina Amiibo a beauty.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
So Dabuz took second place in Apex singles. He used Olimar for GF and a comeback vs. M2K but otherwise was repping Rosalina basically the entire way through AFAIK.

Also half the internet hates him for it now because Rosalina is too defensive for their taste or something.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I really don't get the hate. Dabuz's matches were my favorite part of top 8, I even cheered audibly when he beat M2K.

Good show, Dabuz. You did great.

Steam

Smash Hero
Watching rosalina's sets made me realize how disgusting the character actually is right now. My region's best player is quitting due to a combination of her mechanics + diddy kong.

After 6wx died because luma uair'd him into rosa's uair immediately after sonic uthrow'd, I was beyond done.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Watching rosalina's sets made me realize how disgusting the character actually is right now. My region's best player is quitting due to a combination of her mechanics + diddy kong.

After 6wx died because luma uair'd him into rosa's uair immediately after sonic uthrow'd, I was beyond done.
She got nerfed.... she loses to rushdown....she's not op anymore. .....she's fair and balanced like fox news....... and that was the greatest moment of the tournament. Rosalina = waifu.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So Dabuz took second place in Apex singles. He used Olimar for GF and a comeback vs. M2K but otherwise was repping Rosalina basically the entire way through AFAIK.

Also half the internet hates him for it now because Rosalina is too defensive for their taste or something.
Yeah, the Dabuz matches with Rosalina were amazing! The commentators put it best. Dabuz knows how to put up a "wall of hitboxs" and knows how to still be a threat even without Luma. All of this takes massive skill and really shows that Rosalina isn't "braindead" and does require intense knowledge of the character to make it this far.

The pac-man matches though. Beautiful job by Dabuz. Perfect adaptation.

As for the internet...*Sigh*

Honestly I hate this. I hate how people always come back to "Rosalina is ruining the Meta-game." It sucks so much to have a main that is "the meta-game killer." :/

Thats not even the worse part. People were actually rooting for a Diddy, the generally hated character, just because Dabuz's Rosalina was apparently so bad.

I don't really understand why rushdown and sick combos have to be the only way for hype to some people. Why can't beautiful mastery of a character get people excited?

If I ever hated one thing about being a Rosalina main, it is that I will never be able to see her be "boring" when played by the best players. I can see the hard work being put into her character, all the actions I wish I was smart enough to perform.

Really, it makes me so sad how a beautiful character like her will be getting more and more hate as the meta-game keeps going.

And it will probably never end...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hoo! I'm finally back!
Just a bit shout out he he..... :awesome: My national college entrance exam is finally over, now I have too take a while to get on track of this thread. Don't be surprise or irritated when notice my post has a lot of reply from other users' post. I just sooooooooo want to reply nearly all of the awesome posts! But it might take me two posts I guess put all it in one post might be too much.
Let me start type down what had I have know during these blank time of not using Smashboards.

• I had watch Nintendo Direct three days after my online ban. I am definitely get the RED New 3DS XL because my old 3DS XL's circle pad is starting to wear off!!!!!!
  • I am so happy that Rosalina is Mario Party and this marks her first playable appearance in Mario Party series. (And no offense for the Bowser jr fans, I am glad that he's not a playable character his time.)
  • Review on Rosalina's MP10 artwork (Yup, I have an eagle eye when viewing her artwork): Wow this is the first time since her Mario Kart 7 artwork that we are seeing her on her left side. (Her SM3DW , MK8 artwork. We can only see her bang and hardly see her left eye,and no her MP Island tour on Mariowiki doesn't count since that her boxart artwork.) And the third artwork that we see her holding a wand after SMG, Smash Bros artwork, and this is also the first official artwork that she is holding her wand on her left hand(And I don't know why I feel Peach's eyes looks similar as Rosaslina's for some reason).
  • I had watch a bit of streams and I want to ask @#HBC | Bunzy :How's your matches with Rosalina these days?(Just curious)

.....So, uh, I and a couple other people are talking with Mariotehplumber on Miiverse. He's certainly in regret. :/
Now we had teach him a lesson........
As I skip my job today for the Nintendo Direct (don't judge me), the Rosalina avatars caught my attention for some reason...

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy 's calm looking Rosalina.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad 's star-gazing Rosalina.

My extreme close-up of Rosalina's happy/smirk face.

and of course, @Brickbuild101's ridiculous Rosalina insanity/surprised face.

We're a couple of Rosalina fans I see. Not a big surprise since she's our boss.
Hey, I think I seen a Youtube video doing a parody of Rosalina's trailer, and the video's thumbnail used the last picture.
Reviews on some of yours' Rosalina avatar pic:
@ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku : Okay, your's actually normal,even it's closed-up, your previous avatar is from Rosalina in Bowser Jr's poster right? I still don't like her being in Bowser Jr's trailer, I still hate this character. And you are a Peach fan too right? Why not using her MP10 artwork? She looks CUTE! (Her eyes looks not only similar to Rosalina this time but also like her Smash Bros)
@ ChikoLad ChikoLad : I can't remember if you had change your avatar or not over these past few months. I remember last year you had been using her colored SM3DW stamp artwork as avatar for a long time!
@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy : You have always been using Rosalina's official artwork as your avatar. Hm............maybe I might change my avatar to MP10 Mario perhaps?
@Brickbuild101 Just creepy, how did this picture taken?

They didn't actually mention Rosalina, and when saying that her Amiibo would be compatible with MP10, they just showed the Smash one. But she has an in-game model in Amiibo Party that seems based on the Super Mario line. She won't be part of the first wave, but probably the second.
I don't think she was hunched down in the car. She's nearly the same height as Peach. You can see this when they jump. (Click to zoom in).

I'm starting to think that they'll use different model sizes based on what's happening... :(
If I can recall correctly, they did this with Toad in Mario Party 9.
This is also a good reference:

Uh.I actually feel okay that they resized her a bit in MP10.
And I had seen this picture before @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , but still thank you.

NOW LISTEN HERE

YOU DON'T JUST DROP HEARTBREAKING IMAGERY FROM THE STORYBOOK ON ME LIKE THAT

YOU JUST DON'T
I really feel sorry for those in North America, getting Rosalina Amiibo is a lot easier in Asia, I think...........
Someone got pictures of the Rosalina Amiibo in better lighting and slightly better camera quality, and it makes it look even better than before.

Can we appreciate how perfect her face sculpt is, and how beautiful that sheen on her gown looks?

EDIT: Lighting isn't great, but a nice close up with nice quality:

Not much to say but:Looks awesome! Can't wait to get it someday.(I'm on a tight budget.)
Rosalina isn't actually a princess, but nice drawing regardless!
I'm on the "Rosalina is not a princess" side too.
I don't know what to say.... I probably should have watched the rest and not stop at 4 seconds into it.
Since the video title's is called "Ingorant Smash Bros", I won't even give a click on this video.
@Dark.Pch , I seen you stream of you using Rosalina a few weeks ago, she's hard to use right? Train hard just like you had said in one of your threads :) .
It makes me think she's annoyed with that look (which is what the image was going for I think).

EDIT: Here's the official artwork background Rosalina appears in Mario Party 10.

EDIT 2: Saw this on Miiverse, forgot the source, will post to artwork thread (maybe, if I'm not lazy).

By the way, I think Rosalina is fine with her look. I don't think she needs to change it. What needs to change is Peach's brain.
Haha! I'm actually think it's funny when she think Rosalina is herself. And why didn't you post Peach's MP10 artwork. I usually take her artwork for granted, but I dare say her artwork in MP10 is just so CUTE!
And I know this might be a dumb question but @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , Rosalina and Peach, which one do you like the most?
What really needs to change is how people treat Rosalina's relationship with Peach and Mario. Rosalina is NOT related to either of them, and yet I find people claiming that Rosalina is Peach's daughter. That's just ridiculous, as Rosalina was born long before the events of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island took place.
Sure is, but to me Peach's eyes in her MP10 artwork just look so alike as Rosalina's just that it suddenly made me also think that Rosalina and Peach just have that kind of relationship.
But

Rosalina is an innuendo. :yeahboi:

EDIT:

Double posting in hopes of getting things going again. It's too quiet.

I found a better one of the meme above:

Also, my Rosalina Amiibo finally started shipping!
..............................I had a cold wind blowing on my face............
Yes.

A lot of people assumed he was just looking for attention and wasn't legit, or due to his apology video, assumed he wasn't going to do it anymore (even though he explicitly said that he was apologising for the 5 years of trolling and nothing more - he still stated multiple times that he does legitimately hate the characters he says he does).

But yeah, he was legit. And it does upset me for a multitude of reasons. I'm gonna try not to dwell on it too much.
I just hate that guy............ there are weirdos in this world that's all I can say..............
Well, I wanted to prove a point to Nintendo they shouldn't force me to use this hentai character to 100 percent complete games. I apologized for my persona behavior. However, everything I stated are still my real views and people look at them like jokes or mock me for it. I don't really understand? This should die down eventually and Rosalina will be erased from my name for good.

This is mentioning me right here. It needs to stop.
Wha........?! That's you? Uh...........sorry for mentioning you....Didn't aware that you had a Smashboards account. Sorry, I didn't see your comment when I said that I hate you..... like you I had a character that I hate and that's Bowser Jr. But no I definitely don't have the ability of buying it's amiibos.......... 100 of them nuff said.
And after seeing your comment:Apology accepted. But saying Rosalina hentai is just doesn't feel right, there are already a lot of Peach's hentai artwork around the web before Rosalina. And you can't blame her being hentai,is those artists, and some artists just like to make NSFW artworks, this is a common phenomenon on the web.
OK, now that you shared us your opinion, you can leave now.
You should know that your actions against Rosalina will anger people here more.
NOT me!!!!!!! I'm surprise but glad that he recognized this thread and bravely showed up! At least in Smashboards! But still I don't like his attitude of hating Rosalina and what he had done, it's just unexplianable and unmature. If you really hate this character please, stick it to your mind and don't offense their fans......
I've got two Rosetta & Chiko amiibo on the way from Japan. Can't wait. :colorful:
Hey! I'm in Taiwan, just in the south of Japan! LOL!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, the Dabuz matches with Rosalina were amazing! The commentators put it best. Dabuz knows how to put up a "wall of hitboxs" and knows how to still be a threat even without Luma. All of this takes massive skill and really shows that Rosalina isn't "braindead" and does require intense knowledge of the character to make it this far.

Honestly I hate this. I hate how people always come back to "Rosalina is ruining the Meta-game." It sucks so much to have a main that is "the meta-game killer." :/

Thats not even the worse part. People were actually rooting for a Diddy, the generally hated character, just because Dabuz's Rosalina was apparently so bad.

I don't really understand why rushdown and sick combos have to be the only way for hype to some people. Why can't beautiful mastery of a character get people excited?

If I ever hated one thing about being a Rosalina main, it is that I will never be able to see her be "boring" when played by the best players. I can see the hard work being put into her character, all the actions I wish I was smart enough to perform.

Really, it makes me so sad how a beautiful character like her will be getting more and more hate as the meta-game keeps going.

I didn't see the APEX match of Danbuz using Rosalina cuz I was in my college exam at that time, can anyone post the video link here?

GEEZ why there are so many people regard Rosalina as a metagame ruiner..........here's a picture that I recently made on the "Keep Calm" web(Some how I just can't register an accuont on this website, so I can't get the picture. This one is that I screenshot it and edit it with paint)
未命名.png

I want the left one..............

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Some people just can't adapt to change apparently. There's more to Smash Bros. than just being aggressive every time after all.

And let's not forget that Rosalina is not broken by any means; just a few days ago, there was one heck of a debate regarding the Rosalina vs. Zelda match-up.

C3CC

Smash Lord
People who hate on Rosalina can keep on crying their salty tears. They quell my thirst.

Also, Diddy Kong won Apex? How boring.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
YOOOOOOOOOO Guess who got a rosalina amiibo the day AFTER release?

If you couldn't tell, its me. Me. I was the one who got it. Good.
I am extremely happy now.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
How'd you get it? Tell us the story.
At school, checking targets during class b/c I have nothing better to do. I see that it says there is one at a nearby target and 15 slightly farther away. I was astounded, so I texted my mother during passing period, asking her to investigate for me, she obliged, and set off. later she texted me with a picture of the amiibo. and now I am on another school computer. typing this story to you.
I then typed 'the end'.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I try to avoid leaving things to chance whenever possible so I usually pre-order things..I'm far too paranoid to leave things to chance..though I can still hope to randomly find some amiibo out in the wild, as unlikely as it is, since I really want Wii Fit Trainer, Capt. Falcon, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Here's my 5 amiibo, though my brother bought me Luigi..its just still sitting on his counter back up in Michigan and my MegaMan hasn't shipped from Amazon yet.

I'm so glad Nintendo decided to do NFC figures..especially with Super Smash Bros..since, if you can't tell from the figures behind the amiibo, I love collecting figures.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero

I was in attendance at apex and I'm super into smash4. I legitimately fell asleep during dabuz vs abadango so it's not surprising that people hate it. I also wasn't really feeling the mastery vs. Abadango while she stood there and just spammed out the downB. That's just way too safe against a zoning character. There needs to be a window where you can just smack her with a projectile between downBs so she can't just keep throwing it out like dabuz.

On top of that the irregular luma breaking up a punish is probably the nail in the coffin for me. I think it makes almost any non-rosa player angry when it happens. In a sense it reminds me of tripping and in general my impression of rosalina is that she just serves as a crutch for mistakes while having nothing overwhelming outside of that. She's not the best, (though I think she might be better than sheik), but boy is she Ice Climbers level toxic to the game.

Like I've never minded rosalina, but I sure learn to resent a character that not only decimates me at neutral, but when she ****s up and it's time for her to get punished, she'll often just end up safe depending on certain intangibles.

oh and they need to patch out the input an aerial just before you land and get a free luma aerial thing. It's difficult to do of course but it's also completely broken and needs to be touched.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Rosalina's amiibo truly does look very cute. It just feels good knowing that I have her in my possession now.
I quite agree.
Her amiibo is not only beautifully made, as all amiibo are (I cannot see this 'low quality' argument people have had) but its cool knowing I have an amiibo that is sure to be rare.
Honestly, pictures online can not do these things justice, every single amiibo I have looks 100x better in-person then they did in just pictures online.

I'll be sure to pick up the Super Mario series Rosalina amiibo as well, which I'm positive will look like this..

Since that is the exact pose shown by her 'game piece' during the Mario Party 10 amiibo trailer..and since all the other Game Pieces perfectly matched their Super Mario series amiibo counterparts along with pre-existing artwork renders, it was easy to figure out what Rosalina's would look like.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'll be very strange if Rosalina got banned from tournaments, simply because of her playstyle. Brawl Meta Knight's ban is understandable, but banning Rosalina would make very little sense, since she's not even broken.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Rosalina's Mario Party 10 artwork is one of the best I've ever seen of the character. In general with her new voice in Mario Kart 8, she's gone from being a slightly depressed woman to one who's enjoying life.

As for Rosalina's Mario amiibo, that one is far less as nice as the Smash one, her pose in the Smash one is much better, I'm getting sick of the pose they've used for Rosalina... since she debuted. I would much prefer an amiibo of her actual MP10 artwork, I might actually buy that even though I have the Smash one already.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina's Mario Party 10 artwork is one of the best I've ever seen of the character. In general with her new voice in Mario Kart 8, she's gone from being a slightly depressed woman to one who's enjoying life.

As for Rosalina's Mario amiibo, that one is far less as nice as the Smash one, her pose in the Smash one is much better, I'm getting sick of the pose they've used for Rosalina... since she debuted. I would much prefer an amiibo of her actual MP10 artwork, I might actually buy that even though I have the Smash one already.
S'up, Zack. How's it going, man?

And I agree that Rosalina's Smash 4 pose is definitely way better than that pose @ DevaAshera DevaAshera posted a pic of, which I'm not really fond of (her Super Mario Galaxy artwork is the best one). And I don't think I'm gonna get the Super Mario amiibo of her even if they did went with her Mario Party 10 artwork.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
S'up, Zack. How's it going, man?

And I agree that Rosalina's Smash 4 pose is definitely way better than that pose @ DevaAshera DevaAshera posted a pic of, which I'm not really fond of (her Super Mario Galaxy artwork is the best one). And I don't think I'm gonna get the Super Mario amiibo of her even if they did went with her Mario Party 10 artwork.
Tino :3

The one posted up there just looks... so... boring to me e.e

Like in MK8 she looks badass, in Smash she looks happy, and MP10 she looks really happy. Her 3D World artwork was good as well.

(speaking of omg like everyone here has an avatar with the same artwork x3) EDIT: Oh wow ninjaed xD

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I was in attendance at apex and I'm super into smash4. I legitimately fell asleep during dabuz vs abadango so it's not surprising that people hate it. I also wasn't really feeling the mastery vs. Abadango while she stood there and just spammed out the downB. That's just way too safe against a zoning character. There needs to be a window where you can just smack her with a projectile between downBs so she can't just keep throwing it out like dabuz.

On top of that the irregular luma breaking up a punish is probably the nail in the coffin for me. I think it makes almost any non-rosa player angry when it happens. In a sense it reminds me of tripping and in general my impression of rosalina is that she just serves as a crutch for mistakes while having nothing overwhelming outside of that. She's not the best, (though I think she might be better than sheik), but boy is she Ice Climbers level toxic to the game.

Like I've never minded rosalina, but I sure learn to resent a character that not only decimates me at neutral, but when she ****s up and it's time for her to get punished, she'll often just end up safe depending on certain intangibles.

oh and they need to patch out the input an aerial just before you land and get a free luma aerial thing. It's difficult to do of course but it's also completely broken and needs to be touched.
One thing to keep in mind when changing / patching Rosalina & Luma is that they're a different type of character compared to Ice Climbers and that Rosalina is a puppeteer character (which is a first for the series) and we don't want them to be alike. I think the Luma respawn nerf didn't fix the problems she has. Instead, they should have focused on her other moves and Luma's moves to make her play more like a puppeteer.

Here's what I would have done differently. First, make Rosalina weigh more, like Zelda, Palutena, or Peach, maybe even heavier. Second, reduce Luma's knockback greatly and / or reduce Rosalina's power and tweak their individual moves. Third, make the Luma respawn timer 10 seconds instead of 13. Lastly, add what you mentioned in your last paragraph. I don't know if that'd fix the character alone, but one things for sure, Rosalina & Luma don't play like puppeteer characters.

Luma shouldn't be a crutch for Rosalina per say, but an extension of her. That's what puppeteer characters should be like (or at least try to be).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina, knowing that her mother is deceased, did suffer from a traumatic experience, so it can be understandable why she didn't smile all that much in Super Mario Galaxy.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Rosalina, knowing that her mother is deceased, did suffer from a traumatic experience, so it can be understandable why she didn't smile all that much in Super Mario Galaxy.
Yeah it's kinda interesting, by the time Mario Kart 8 rolled around it's as if she got over her depression. I like the transition of her personality from Galaxy to present, dont really notice things like this with a lot of characters.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Isn't it amusing how me, @ Dreamy Luigi Dreamy Luigi , and @ Tino Tino are using the very same artwork for our avatars?
How very amusing, indeed. lol

Tino :3

The one posted up there just looks... so... boring to me e.e

Like in MK8 she looks badass, in Smash she looks happy, and MP10 she looks really happy. Her 3D World artwork was good as well.

(speaking of omg like everyone here has an avatar with the same artwork x3) EDIT: Oh wow ninjaed xD
Her 3D World artwork was alright but not the best and I did love her Mario Kart 8 one. But nothing beats her Smash 4 artwork as THE best in my opinion.

Yeah it's kinda interesting, by the time Mario Kart 8 rolled around it's as if she got over her depression. I like the transition of her personality from Galaxy to present, dont really notice things like this with a lot of characters.
Her personality in the Galaxy games is what made her such an amazing character and the reason why I adore her so much...even though she was going through a depression over the loss of her mother, which touched a nerve on me when I first read her storybook...

...and my apologies for double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina probably still remembers the loss of her mother, so it's not like her depression is completely gone.

As for her artworks, seeing Rosalina wearing her biker suit just seemed way off. I know that Rosalina wears it when she's riding bikes or ATVs, but she looks way better while wearing her signature dress.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Rosalina probably still remembers the loss of her mother, so it's not like her depression is completely gone.

As for her artworks, seeing Rosalina wearing her biker suit just seemed way off. I know that Rosalina wears it when she's riding bikes or ATVs, but she looks way better while wearing her signature dress.
I hate seeing her race karts in a dress, it just looks so sloppy >.>

I kinda feel the same way about Peach fighting in a dress in Smash bros, Rosalina though seems to mainly use her wand/Luma as a weapon so it looks natural.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I shared something in the Amiibo thread just now and I'd like to share it with you guys.

"...when it came to training my Rosalina & Luma amiibo I did a mix of things when trying to teach her, like using items early on, trying different stages with different mechanics, and more, but I did a few mistakes (some of which were major in themselves).

First, I didn't introduce her to the swimming mechanic early on. Whenever she got near the water, she immediately recovered with her special. Because of this, she could be punished easily, however, when she did go in the water she learned to swim and jump out, without fear of drowning (she does steer clear from it though).

Second, I used some custom equipment and specials on myself, but not her. This mistake was very minor since she could easily adapt to what I threw at her.

Finally, my most terrible mistake, was not introducing her to other fighters. I focused too much on teaching her new material and not letting her use what I taught her against other fighters. She only fought me, Rosalina, and know she knows very well how to handle herself against any other Rosalina, but now that she's at level 50 and hasn't fought every character, she isn't able to adapt very well to fighting new characters."

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hate seeing her race karts in a dress, it just looks so sloppy >.>

I kinda feel the same way about Peach fighting in a dress in Smash bros, Rosalina though seems to mainly use her wand/Luma as a weapon so it looks natural.
I'm gonna have to go with @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy on this one. Seeing Rosalina in a biker suit when racing on a bike or ATV is just way out of her element to me. I don't care about Peach or Daisy though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I guess I just find Rosalina to be much more attractive whenever she's wearing a dress, which is why I only pair her with karts.

That's why I only use karts instead of bikes. Only times I use bikes is when I'm playing as my other main, which is, of course, the guy in the photo.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I guess I just find Rosalina to be much more attractive whenever she's wearing a dress, which is why I only pair her with karts.

That pic reminds me of when I fooled around in MKTV one night and Rosalina and Link looked at each other multiple times, to the point I started shipping them as Rosalink x:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I shared something in the Amiibo thread just now and I'd like to share it with you guys.

"...when it came to training my Rosalina & Luma amiibo I did a mix of things when trying to teach her, like using items early on, trying different stages with different mechanics, and more, but I did a few mistakes (some of which were major in themselves).

First, I didn't introduce her to the swimming mechanic early on. Whenever she got near the water, she immediately recovered with her special. Because of this, she could be punished easily, however, when she did go in the water she learned to swim and jump out, without fear of drowning (she does steer clear from it though).

Second, I used some custom equipment and specials on myself, but not her. This mistake was very minor since she could easily adapt to what I threw at her.

Finally, my most terrible mistake, was not introducing her to other fighters. I focused too much on teaching her new material and not letting her use what I taught her against other fighters. She only fought me, Rosalina, and know she knows very well how to handle herself against any other Rosalina, but now that she's at level 50 and hasn't fought every character, she isn't able to adapt very well to fighting new characters."
I should probably tell you right now, that trying to train your amiibo to operate the way that you want it to is pretty much a wasted effort. Look at the thread link below for the full details.

http://smashboards.com/threads/386544/

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That pic reminds me of when I fooled around in MKTV one night and Rosalina and Link looked at each other multiple times, to the point I started shipping them as Rosalink x:
I remember doing the same thing one time. lol

RosaLink 4 life!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm seriously upset at the idea I may have missed out on my chance to get the smash Rosalina amiibo because I imported from a bad site instead of just heading out to Target on launch day and also risking it.

Why...Why did she have to be rare? It makes it worse that apparently you guys all got her easily enough. *Sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom