• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Okay, so what the points you dislike with Peach in the game,is it she is annoying or something? You can't blame her appearing in many Mario games.
And I actually ask this question particularly to @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku , because I know that she is also a big fan of Peach. So I am not surprised if you don't like Peach.
Yeah, sorry about that. I guess as soon as I saw that question, I felt like the need to answer.
When I said that I don't like Peach in every way, her annoyance is among them. Plus she's also something I'm not even going to say or mention in here out of respect for her fans so I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Another dumb question but also an advice: Why your avatar is a weird close up of Rosalina in Smash Bros? Since you like Rosalina and Peach equally, why not try to find a cute fanart of Rosalina and Peach together, I can you help you find ones that are pretty cute and neat.
Actually, similar to what I said about liking one over the other at certain times, I switch between Rosalina and Peach avatars. I have plenty that I like to use, so whenever I feel like it, I switch my avatar to either character. Before I had this Rosalina avatar, I had a Pink Gold Peach some time ago. Also, I'm planning on switching my avatar to Peach soon since I had this Rosalina one for a while.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's just funny when they post in a row, it is the process of her getting freedom from the border menace.
I found the Nikki artwork on Tumblr and sourced it back to Pixiv. It's pretty adorbs.
I don't blame you, the Mario Party 10 Renders look simply phenomenal, though if I must be honest my favorite is Peach simply because of the comparison it has to a previously used render.
Hey! Thanks for comparison!Not surprised they've used the same pose for Peach.
And just look how they change her eyes a bit alike to Smash Bros.
I actually prefer that older render of Peach.

The new one looks nice and the update in technology is impressive, but they removed the finer shading details and made her face WAY too dolled up and young looking. She doesn't look legal at ALL there.

I really like the Rosalina one because she's pretending to be JoJo.
Uh.... I prefer the new one by just looking how she pout her lips like that.
Lol'd too much. I do agree with this. Peach does look much younger, but I do not mind. As long as Rosa looks the way she is supposed to.
Rosalina will guarantee always look the same.
So this is pretty interesting... Love the ending. Found it on tumblr by the way. I hope this doesn't bring up any problems though.
http://prozdvoices.tumblr.com/post/108269680175/damn-you-showed-us
I am bit confused with this post......... I thought this guy had already apologized.
Yeah, sorry about that. I guess as soon as I saw that question, I felt like the need to answer.
When I said that I don't like Peach in every way, her annoyance is among them. Plus she's also something I'm not even going to say or mention in here out of respect for her fans so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
That's right, as I said before even if you really dislike this character, never mock in front of his/her fan group.
You should know that I dislike Bowser jr in Smash Bros, but that's because I have obvious reasons and I will never even one box of his amiibos. Rather than buy 100 of them, I will just Smash an amiibo of him for releasing my anger of him. (Just kidding) XP.
Whao!I haven't done replying and then you replied! XD
Actually, similar to what I said about liking one over the other at certain times, I switch between Rosalina and Peach avatars. I have plenty that I like to use, so whenever I feel like it, I switch my avatar to either character. Before I had this Rosalina avatar, I had a Pink Gold Peach some time ago. Also, I'm planning on switching my avatar to Peach soon since I had this Rosalina one for a while.
My advice is that why just find a fanart of Peach and Rosalina together as a fanart, that way you don't have to keep switching just because your liking changes from time to time.
I am a bit worried if the ones that I found are too cute or even NSFW cuz I found them with Google...... I'll just leave it in your personal comments.........

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's right, as I said before even if you really dislike this character, never mock in front of his/her fan group.
You should know that I dislike Bowser jr in Smash Bros, but that's because I have obvious reasons and I will never even one box of his amiibos. Rather than buy 100 of them, I will just Smash an amiibo of him for releasing my anger of him. (Just kidding) XP.
Er...thanks? I...think...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Hm....you're probably right. Probably because the date of these two artworks are just gaped far away. Just by comparing these two you can feel the advance of grahic designs!
And one personal note, wasn't your avatar last year was a fire red Rosalina,and didn't I had request your FC before last year's summer? Well I am a bit regret of adding many FCs and most of them don't have time to play Smash Bros......
Back ago you never show up here in Rosalina thread, what's the reason for you started to get in to this thread recently?(I'm just curious)
Yeah, you really can.
I don't remember. Probably at some point, though I change my avatar fairly often, so who knows.

Nothing really, just decided to.

Rosalina, on the other hand, looks very good in just about all of her game appearances. The only exception is Mario Kart Wii, simply because of the Double Dash!!-styled models that were used in that game.
I'd have to disagree, I think she looked the worst in Mario Kart 7..she didn't seem to have as quality a model as Peach or Daisy..and for whatever reason she had ruby red lipstick.

Inversely, aside from Super Smash Bros, I'd have to say her best looking appearance would have to be in Mario Kart 8.

Yeah Peach's dress looks absolutely fabulous in Smash Bros, I'm considering getting her Smash amiibo.
That it does. Peach was my first amiibo, bought her on release day, simply because I wanted to have a figure of her Smash Bros. Brawl/4 design since it was so intricate and detailed compared to her normal Mario-series look.

I am bit confused with this post......... I thought this guy had already apologized.
The guy in that vid isn't the same guy, but he is referencing/mocking him.
He only apologized in that backhanded sort of way, where its more that they're saying 'sorry but I'm not sorry'.
I actually had a private and civil conversation with him not long ago where I was trying to explain to him why people were so angry at him, but he didn't seem to understand it at all or at least refused to even consider seeing something from another person's point of view.
He also stated that it was 'alright' if I liked Rosalina, but only if I was 'really' a girl, saying that any male who likes Rosalina only likes her for perverted reasons, even saying that my best friend and brother were 'lying' when they said they liked her and not for those reasons..which just reeks of sexism..and against one's own gender even..granted, he'd probably have had a different tune had he known I was a transgender mtf lesbian and lumped me in as a 'pervert' that only likes her for perverted reasons..
I'm not saying this to be insulting or rude, but rather because I truly believe they may be true.
Due to my conversation with him, I think he is either Autistic (like I said, not an insult, I'm actually Autistic myself) since he overreacts over something relatively unimportant and finds nothing wrong with doing so (such as claiming a single character or even fan created content that has no effect on a game or series itself 'ruins' things for him), is overly critical of others, but can't take criticism in his direction or he's actually a sociopath, simply because he doesn't seem to have any ability to sympathize or empathize with other people, being unable (or at least unwilling) to put himself into other people's shoes and only caring about his own beliefs, opinions, and feelings.
I also suspect that he may not care for female characters in general, since he doesn't care for Peach, Lucina, Zerosuit Samus, or Palutena either. Perhaps due to his belief that people only like female characters for perverted reasons.
That said, he also referred to modern Sonic as 'Hentai-quilled Sonic' in our discussion..so perhaps anything he doesn't like he simply justifies by believing its perverted in nature for whatever reason.

I also don't like Bowser Jr. at all..I just do the mature thing and keep it to myself while not flipping out over seeing him appear in games, since I know he has fans...unlike some immature brats (that think they can't be 'immature' just because they believe they're 'very intelligent' when intelligence and maturity aren't the same thing nor related)
He also shown me he did smash a Rosalina amiibo..and claims he had to put the others in storage to avoid doing the same to them...yeah..totally mature...

Last edited:

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
The Mario Party 10 artworks are absolutely amazing. So colorful and filled with emotion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd have to disagree, I think she looked the worst in Mario Kart 7..she didn't seem to have as quality a model as Peach or Daisy..and for whatever reason she had ruby red lipstick.

Inversely, aside from Super Smash Bros, I'd have to say her best looking appearance would have to be in Mario Kart 8.
I guess Mario Kart 7 slipped my mind there.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I guess Mario Kart 7 slipped my mind there.
It was on a handheld, I know they aren't as big as console Mario Kart games.
But yeah, the model was so awful that I couldn't even bring myself to play as her..thank goodness she usually has a stellar model in other games.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
My advice is that why just find a fanart of Peach and Rosalina together as a fanart, that way you don't have to keep switching just because your liking changes from time to time.
I am a bit worried if the ones that I found are too cute or even NSFW cuz I found them with Google...... I'll just leave it in your personal comments.........
I'm quite comfortable with having either character as my avatar. I generally change my avatar a lot of the time to many things, not just Peach and Rosalina. Even if I did find fanart with both characters, I wouldn't keep it for long.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of which, I did recently recolor Rosalina's Mario Party 10 artwork.

This recolor is based on Rosalina's red palette swap.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just won a battle in the most epic way. I used Rosalina and was in the middle of the stage against a Captain Falcon. I used Side Smash to push him out of the stage and immediately sent Luma with Luma Shot to the farthest he could go. Then, Luma Side Smashed Captain Falcon as he tried to return to the stage, and knocked him out. And he was at only 51%! I know it's not that impressive, but it felt SOOOO good!

#RespectTheLuma

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, you really can.
I don't remember. Probably at some point, though I change my avatar fairly often, so who knows.

Nothing really, just decided to.
First I want to say is: kind of awkward that I was advising @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku that she can switch her avatar to Rosalina & Peach fanart. And then now you change it....what a coincidence!
The guy in that vid isn't the same guy, but he is referencing/mocking him.
He only apologized in that backhanded sort of way, where its more that they're saying 'sorry but I'm not sorry'.
I actually had a private and civil conversation with him not long ago where I was trying to explain to him why people were so angry at him, but he didn't seem to understand it at all or at least refused to even consider seeing something from another person's point of view.
I know it is that guy, and I'm glad that he is mocking him.
I was out of Smashboards right after the "Man who bought 100Rosalina amiibos" incident started. When I am back a few days and view the post that I had missed over these weeks of banning, and that's when I saw he has a Smashboards account and many of you guys starting to conflict his words so furious that this thread was even once closed, just CHILL. Even he had done something wrong and stupid, he still apologized anyway,and that he'd show up, or else this incident is going to keep on forever. Also you can't change the way he thinks of Rosalina, there has be be someone who has some weird thoughts, what we can do is just be cool and tolerate it.
He also stated that it was 'alright' if I liked Rosalina, but only if I was 'really' a girl, saying that any male who likes Rosalina only likes her for perverted reasons, even saying that my best friend and brother were 'lying' when they said they liked her and not for those reasons..which just reeks of sexism..and against one's own gender even..granted, he'd probably have had a different tune had he known I was a transgender mtf lesbian and lumped me in as a 'pervert' that only likes her for perverted reasons..
What the hell he means by " if you are "REALLY" a girl"(Uh....speaking of which.......are you?)? This is sort of a gender sterotype that he is putting up.Is it that inappropriate for male gamers to like a female character? It is already common for male gamers to like a female character, and it is our freedom to give our own reasons why we like it. Most of male gamers are generous to give a "White lie" that they like her and not those reasons. While some bad ones on Internet that made many dumb and unspeakable memes just disgusts female gamers.
And "transgender mtf lesbian"? um.............why did he mention this? This is a bit sensitive here, and again I'm confused.
I'm not saying this to be insulting or rude, but rather because I truly believe they may be true.
Due to my conversation with him, I think he is either Autistic (like I said, not an insult, I'm actually Autistic myself) since he overreacts over something relatively unimportant and finds nothing wrong with doing so (such as claiming a single character or even fan created content that has no effect on a game or series itself 'ruins' things for him), is overly critical of others, but can't take criticism in his direction or he's actually a sociopath, simply because he doesn't seem to have any ability to sympathize or empathize with other people, being unable (or at least unwilling) to put himself into other people's shoes and only caring about his own beliefs, opinions, and feelings.
I also suspect that he may not care for female characters in general, since he doesn't care for Peach, Lucina, Zerosuit Samus, or Palutena either. Perhaps due to his belief that people only like female characters for perverted reasons.
That said, he also referred to modern Sonic as 'Hentai-quilled Sonic' in our discussion..so perhaps anything he doesn't like he simply justifies by believing its perverted in nature for whatever reason.
If he is really a person like that, I can simply say that he should stay out of social networks. Or he may ran himself into a lot of trouble.
I remembered a deleted interview that he also mentions that he hates other female characters, why he has to be such a person? This is just a game!

PS: I actually like the artwork of Rosalina of your last avatar. Can you show me the art's link?

I'm quite comfortable with having either character as my avatar. I generally change my avatar a lot of the time to many things, not just Peach and Rosalina. Even if I did find fanart with both characters, I wouldn't keep it for long.
I just think it might be wiser for you to put both Rosalina and Peach in your avatar if you like both of them.
You seems to be the ones who like to change your avatar, then there's nothing that I can do anyway. Have fan with your avatar!:)
Speaking of which, I did recently recolor Rosalina's Mario Party 10 artwork.

This recolor is based on Rosalina's red palette swap.

LOVEIN IT.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So good news, I can confirm I will be getting my Rosalina amiibo. The thing that was going on was that since I bought her along with Shulk, they are waiting to ship them off at the same time.

Still, even though I'm happy to know I will at least be getting her, waiting until February 19th when I see all of you have a Rosalina amiibo is saddening. :(

Oh well. Getting both her and Shulk at the same time is still hype worthy. I just still hope to all the gods of all the video game worlds that they end up being good quality and not some horror version like Rosalina with two heads. >.>

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I agree about those Mario Party 10 Renders, simply amazing. Haven't seen Mario Renders that amazing since like...ever.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So good news, I can confirm I will be getting my Rosalina amiibo. The thing that was going on was that since I bought her along with Shulk, they are waiting to ship them off at the same time.

Still, even though I'm happy to know I will at least be getting her, waiting until February 19th when I see all of you have a Rosalina amiibo is saddening. :(

Oh well. Getting both her and Shulk at the same time is still hype worthy. I just still hope to all the gods of all the video game worlds that they end up being good quality and not some horror version like Rosalina with two heads. >.>
Don't worry again, the weird amiibos are just rare cases. (And if you did got one, keep it, you may get rich)
I'll get a New 3DS XL red version once I got my Chinese New Year money. Then when they have an update that Smash Bros 3DS can use amiibo I'll get a Mario amiibo first.
I agree about those Mario Party 10 Renders, simply amazing. Haven't seen Mario Renders that amazing since like...ever.
It's not surprise that they can make detailed renders these days.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I know it is that guy, and I'm glad that he is mocking him.
I was out of Smashboards right after the "Man who bought 100Rosalina amiibos" incident started. When I am back a few days and view the post that I had missed over these weeks of banning, and that's when I saw he has a Smashboards account and many of you guys starting to conflict his words so furious that this thread was even once closed, just CHILL. Even he had done something wrong and stupid, he still apologized anyway,and that he'd show up, or else this incident is going to keep on forever. Also you can't change the way he thinks of Rosalina, there has be be someone who has some weird thoughts, what we can do is just be cool and tolerate it.
To be fair, I wasn't actually commenting here when that went down.
I wasn't trying to change his opinion on Rosalina, I was trying to get him to understand how other people feel when they see someone using such inflammatory terms towards characters they like and informing him that it would be best to just put up with characters, even if he doesn't like them, or leave the series forever if he can't, since then he and everyone else will be all the happier.
He just didn't care and thinks he's completely and utterly correct and that his opinions are actually facts.
What the hell he means by " if you are "REALLY" a girl"(Uh....speaking of which.......are you?)? This is sort of a gender sterotype that he is putting up.Is it that inappropriate for male gamers to like a female character? It is already common for male gamers to like a female character, and it is our freedom to give our own reasons why we like it. Most of male gamers are generous to give a "White lie" that they like her and not those reasons. While some bad ones on Internet that made many dumb and unspeakable memes just disgusts female gamers.
And "transgender mtf lesbian"? um.............why did he mention this? This is a bit sensitive here, and again I'm confused.
He's implying that I could be lying about my gender and not actually be a girl, one of those Guy In Real Life situations.
He stated that its 'kind of okay' for girls to like Rosalina but all men who like her probably only do for perverted reasons, which is probably his thought processes for any male that likes female characters since my dad is similar and thinks boys should play males and girls should play females.
No, I just mentioned that because while I consider myself a girl, I am genetically male..I'm transgender and a lesbian, male to female.
Granted, with how much he used the F word that is also what Cigarettes are called in the United Kingdom, he probably would count me as 'male'.
If he is really a person like that, I can simply say that he should stay out of social networks. Or he may ran himself into a lot of trouble.
I remembered a deleted interview that he also mentions that he hates other female characters, why he has to be such a person? This is just a game!
I would agree as well, since its also dangerous for him, since some less then sane person may find out where he lives and do something evil to him.
He does..and how he acts is very similar to the creator of Sonichu really.
PS: I actually like the artwork of Rosalina of your last avatar. Can you show me the art's link?
Sure, here you are.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To be fair, I wasn't actually commenting here when that went down.
I wasn't trying to change his opinion on Rosalina, I was trying to get him to understand how other people feel when they see someone using such inflammatory terms towards characters they like and informing him that it would be best to just put up with characters, even if he doesn't like them, or leave the series forever if he can't, since then he and everyone else will be all the happier.
He just didn't care and thinks he's completely and utterly correct and that his opinions are actually facts.
I know that. And just as I mentioned before it is impossible for this kind of person to change his minds. Additionally this kind of person should also avoid online debates like this one. Or else..........

He's implying that I could be lying about my gender and not actually be a girl, one of those Guy In Real Life situations.
He stated that its 'kind of okay' for girls to like Rosalina but all men who like her probably only do for perverted reasons, which is probably his thought processes for any male that likes female characters since my dad is similar and thinks boys should play males and girls should play females.
Again, this gender sterotype, who says males can only like male characters and females can only like female chaacters? It's 21st century already..........
No, I just mentioned that because while I consider myself a girl, I am genetically male..I'm transgender and a lesbian, male to female.
Oh, you are? (Surprised) Now that's rare. But to me in Smash Bros or any kind of its occasions, gender isn't really the big deal. Everyone has their own sexual orientation, so it's okay and quite brave for you to say it out. And even so, I will still refer you a "She". Is that ok?
I would agree as well, since its also dangerous for him, since some less then sane person may find out where he lives and do something evil to him.
Uh, I didn'treally think that far when I said that, I just think that he should avoid online debates.
He does..and how he acts is very similar to the creator of Sonichu really.
What's Sonichu and who's that creator?
Sure, here you are.
I actually found it in Rosalina Artwork thread:facepalm:................... but thanks.
Oh yeah I also want to do one more reply on your last thread:
I also don't like Bowser Jr. at all..I just do the mature thing and keep it to myself while not flipping out over seeing him appear in games, since I know he has fans...unlike some immature brats (that think they can't be 'immature' just because they believe they're 'very intelligent' when intelligence and maturity aren't the same thing nor related)
He also shown me he did smash a Rosalina amiibo..and claims he had to put the others in storage to avoid doing the same to them...yeah..totally mature...
You're awesome @ DevaAshera DevaAshera , finally manage to meet someone who dislike Bowser Jr too. And I got a lot of obvious and strong reasons.Bowser Jr is just waste the roster space because not only he is uncessary,he also made Super Mario series took over 1/7 of the roster, I don't care he is a fan favorite. He is weird to be in Smash, even more weirder than Duck Hunt. And how you react to him is mature indeed.
And WHY DID HE HAD TO SHOW THE WHOLE WORLD WHAT HE HAD DONE TO ROSALINA AMIIBO?! So immature...
And check this out guys, so funny. And nice job for Rosalina.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In terms of Bowser Jr., I still find it disturbing that he had to get stuck with the Koopa Clown Car.

As for the amiibos, I would think that you'd do whatever you can to keep them from being damaged, especially if they become very rare in the future.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In terms of Bowser Jr., I still find it disturbing that he had to get stuck with the Koopa Clown Car.

As for the amiibos, I would think that you'd do whatever you can to keep them from being damaged, especially if they become very rare in the future.
Yeah, just because for the Koopalings.
I don't care if Bowser Jr amiibos will get rare. He will be the last amiibo I get once I got all of other characters amiibos.

Last edited:

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
In terms of the new renders, I'm just glad Nintendo stopped shading with black.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh, you are? (Surprised) Now that's rare. But to me in Smash Bros or any kind of its occasions, gender isn't really the big deal. Everyone has their own sexual orientation, so it's okay and quite brave for you to say it out. And even so, I will still refer you a "She". Is that ok?
Its honestly not as rare as you'd think, we even have several members here like me, though that's their own business so I won't name names, obviously.
Some of us just don't like to bring attention to it out of fear of not being accepted, or worse, ridiculed and made fun of for not being 'normal'.
Thank you, I'm trying to be brave and forward with it, hopefully increasing acceptance of the LGBT community at large, though from what I can tell, most fans of Japanese games like Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, etc are fairly accepting of other types of people that may not be the 'norm'.
And, yes, if you ever encounter someone like me who self-identifies as a female, its always best to refer to her using female pronouns.
Uh, I didn'treally think that far when I said that, I just think that he should avoid online debates.
I know, I'm just saying that there are some crazy people in the world and if you have a lot of people hating you, then your chances of this sort of thing increase.
What's Sonichu and who's that creator?
Its best to just look it up..its beyond crazy and unacceptable in general.
Let me put it like this, he was most recently in the public eye for macing a GameStop employee because they wouldn't let him vandalize a Sonic Boom display because Sonic had blue arms..
You're awesome @ DevaAshera DevaAshera , finally manage to meet someone who dislike Bowser Jr too. And I got a lot of obvious and strong reasons.Bowser Jr is just waste the roster space because not only he is uncessary,he also made Super Mario series took over 1/7 of the roster, I don't care he is a fan favorite. He is weird to be in Smash, even more weirder than Duck Hunt. And how you react to him is mature indeed.
I only dislike Bowser Jr. because I have always seen him as a copy/paste of Baby Bowser and, thus, rather uncreative as a character along with the fact that his existence made Miyamoto retcon the Koopalings to being just Bowser's Henchmen instead of his actual children, which they were even in Japan according to the Japanese manuals for Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World.
In regards to the first point, it just reminds of fan art where Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, and Baby Daisy are depicted as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy's children..sometimes even renamed 'Mario Jr', 'Luigi Jr.', etc and I've just always found such things incredibly lazy.

I actually quite like that they had Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings in the Jr. Clown Car since its not only the only thing Bowser Jr's been depicted fighting in consistently, since he otherwise simply uses some sort of machine but has never actually fought Mario/Luigi on foot, but its also something more creative then I could have seen him ending up as otherwise (namely a 'Toon Link' for Bowser).

You'd be surprised..some people are too immature to react in any way that we'd find rational..

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Its honestly not as rare as you'd think, we even have several members here like me, though that's their own business so I won't name names, obviously.
Some of us just don't like to bring attention to it out of fear of not being accepted, or worse, ridiculed and made fun of for not being 'normal'.
Thank you, I'm trying to be brave and forward with it, hopefully increasing acceptance of the LGBT community at large, though from what I can tell, most fans of Japanese games like Nintendo, Capcom, Square Enix, etc are fairly accepting of other types of people that may not be the 'norm'.
And, yes, if you ever encounter someone like me who self-identifies as a female, its always best to refer to her using female pronouns.
Ok then, it may not be that rare in USA and online community. Here in Asia which is still quite a conservative society, yes, it is rare for seeing transgenders, and so far I have never met one in my real life...........I think.
Of course these game companies should, but like again these are Japanese companies, I hope they can accept more than that. (And sorry.....what's LGBT stands for?)
Yeah, don't think that's it is also rare for a 17 year old high school student from Asia/Taiwan can be so mature, that I won't mock you but instead respecting your identity? I guarantee that most teenagers like me in my country(And their English are too poor to join Smashboards) will think this kind of people like you are weird and disgusting, and worst of all, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED OR EVEN KNOW SMASH BROS!
est to just look it up..its beyond crazy and unacceptable in general.
Let me put it like this, he was most recently in the public eye for macing a GameStop employee because they wouldn't let him vandalize a Sonic Boom display because Sonic had blue arms..
Oh, then I'm not interested in this.......
I only dislike Bowser Jr. because I have always seen him as a copy/paste of Baby Bowser and, thus, rather uncreative as a character along with the fact that his existence made Miyamoto retcon the Koopalings to being just Bowser's Henchmen instead of his actual children, which they were even in Japan according to the Japanese manuals for Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World.
In regards to the first point, it just reminds of fan art where Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, and Baby Daisy are depicted as Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy's children..sometimes even renamed 'Mario Jr', 'Luigi Jr.', etc and I've just always found such things incredibly lazy.
I.....just don't like Bowser Jr. in Smash Bros that's all.......
You'd be surprised..some people are too immature to react in any way that we'd find rational..
"Sigh" ...... yeah...
So I recently performed a glitch and here are the results:

^^ Peach is stuck in that position. Rosalina looks surprised. You can find more in my Miiverse page:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Toadette75/posts
WHAT IN THE WORLD?!
About the last pic : OUCH..

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
I kinda wanna use my purpose avatar, but it feels so mainstream when everyone uses the MP10 art.
I'll stick to my rad kirby avatar for now.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I kinda wanna use my purpose avatar, but it feels so mainstream when everyone uses the MP10 art.
I'll stick to my rad kirby avatar for now.
Depends on you.
Me too, I'll stick to SSB4 Mario until the next Smash Bros Mario artwork reveals.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Ok then, it may not be that rare in USA and online community. Here in Asia which is still quite a conservative society, yes, it is rare for seeing transgenders, and so far I have never met one in my real life...........I think.
The United States is fairly conservative too..its still an uphill battle here as well.
Sometimes transgendered individuals aren't allowed to use either male or female public restrooms, for example, and then there's a ton of hate crimes as well.
And sorry.....what's LGBT stands for?
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender/sexual.
Yeah, don't think that's it is also rare for a 17 year old high school student from Asia/Taiwan can be so mature, that I won't mock you but instead respecting your identity? I guarantee that most teenagers like me in my country(And their English are too poor to join Smashboards) will think this kind of people like you are weird and disgusting, and worst of all, THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED OR EVEN KNOW SMASH BROS!
Most teenagers and even some adults here seem to feel that way as well..usually justifying themselves with Judeo-Christian beliefs yet being okay with other things those same beliefs condemn.
Some even believe in stereotypes that all transgendered people are 'gay' (as in liking their original gender) and that's the only reason they want to change or they feel we're all perverts or even that we're pedophiles (which never quite made sense to me..though they seem to think Gays & Lesbians are as well for whatever reason)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm so happy Rosalina is getting so much recognition recently!
Finally seeing some new blood in the Mario cast.
I know right! Could've said it better myself.
And her being in Smash Bros. is the best thing I've ever seen since the Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat at the NBA Finals some 3 1/2 years ago. xD

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina being in smash bros brings so much potential for her to be in more Mario games.

Hopefully she becomes more involved like Peach and not just the secret character.

Maybe an appearance in spin-offs like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario?...

...Her own spin off game? :3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina being in smash bros brings so much potential for her to be in more Mario games.

Hopefully she becomes more involved like Peach and not just the secret character.

Maybe an appearance in spin-offs like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario?...

...Her own spin off game? :3
Having her own game would be awesome actually. A game which would dig deeper into her background story and such.
Don't know if it'll ever happen but it's still something worth mentioning.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The United States is fairly conservative too..its still an uphill battle here as well.
Sometimes transgendered individuals aren't allowed to use either male or female public restrooms, for example, and then there's a ton of hate crimes as well.
It also depends which states you are too.
In Taiwan there aren't much crimes like this, the worst can be just discrimination.
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender/sexual.
Wow, can't believe there is a community like this, is this community large or average?
Most teenagers and even some adults here seem to feel that way as well..usually justifying themselves with Judeo-Christian beliefs yet being okay with other things those same beliefs condemn.
Some even believe in stereotypes that all transgendered people are 'gay' (as in liking their original gender) and that's the only reason they want to change or they feel we're all perverts or even that we're pedophiles (which never quite made sense to me..though they seem to think Gays & Lesbians are as well for whatever reason)
In Taiwan, most teenagers are just...... childish, lack of profound and mature thinking, and just like to be with friends.
Sterotypes are just sterotypes, I don't buy it. And you regard yourself as lesbian before right?So that means you still like females, it's not that bad. Just like it's ok for you to like Rosalina no matter which gender you are.
Let's just don't get too serious about genders for now. I was just a bit curious. And genders is not a big deal, especially in Smash Bros. There should be no more discrimination whats so ever. Just be what you 're really are.
I'm so happy Rosalina is getting so much recognition recently!
Finally seeing some new blood in the Mario cast.
Hm...yeah, she is.(Aren't you a bit late saying this?)
Yup but Bowser Jr I just think he think he is unnecessary, and a bit irritated to see him in Smash Bros. One new blood and one unnecessary.
When did you become a Rosalina main? When is the first time you post in this thread? If you are a Rosalina fan, join and devote yourself in this thread if you have time!
And your sig looks awesome!
I know right! Could've said it better myself.
And her being in Smash Bros. is the best thing I've ever seen since the Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat at the NBA Finals some 3 1/2 years ago. xD
Her being in Smash Bros is just a dream come true, she was just a character I just hope but didn't really EXPECT to be in Smash Bros. My hope rose up bit when they reveal Super Mario Galaxy stage, but my hope went down again when at the time when SM3DW release, 2013 December Direct just surprised me at that time! It was a dream come true!
And nice metaphor, even though it is unrelated to Smash bros, speaking of NBA my most memorable moments was the Linsanity at that time. In fact me and Jeremy Lin's parents are all from Taiwan.
Having her own game would be awesome actually. A game which would dig deeper into her background story and such.
Don't know if it'll ever happen but it's still something worth mentioning.
It would just be awesome!

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hm...yeah, she is.(Aren't you a bit late saying this?)
Yup but Bowser Jr I just think he think he is unnecessary, and a bit irritated to see him in Smash Bros. One new blood and one unnecessary.
When did you become a Rosalina main? When is the first time you post in this thread? If you are a Rosalina fan, join and devote yourself in this thread if you have time!
And your sig looks awesome!
Thanks.
I'm having trouble deciding between Mega Man or Rosalina as my third main. Either way, my characters consist of Lucina, Lucario, Rosalina, and Mega Man.
Also I like Bowser Jr. a lot actually.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Her being in Smash Bros is just a dream come true, she was just a character I just hope but didn't really EXPECT to be in Smash Bros. My hope rose up bit when they reveal Super Mario Galaxy stage, but my hope went down again when at the time when SM3DW release, 2013 December Direct just surprised me at that time! It was a dream come true!
I literally went crazy when she was confirmed as a newcomer in Smash on that Direct. It was like the greatest moment of my life (which I can now die happily) and I knew back then that she's gonna be my automatic main and the ONLY Mario rep I'll ever play as.

Last edited:
Captain Toad got his own game despite his role being much smaller than Rosalina's in Mario Galaxy AND Mario 3D World. I think Rosalina should get her own game. The question now is what type of genre would it be? Captain Toad was a puzzle platformer. What about Rosalina's game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom