• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thanks.
I'm having trouble deciding between Mega Man or Rosalina as my third main. Either way, my characters consist of Lucina, Lucario, Rosalina, and Mega Man.
Also I like Bowser Jr. a lot actually.
For me, Mega Man and Lucina are Rosie's backups. She also has Link and Ike as well. lol

Captain Toad got his own game despite his role being much smaller than Rosalina's in Mario Galaxy AND Mario 3D World. I think Rosalina should get her own game. The question now is what type of genre would it be? Captain Toad was a puzzle platformer. What about Rosalina's game?
Something other than a platformer type of game would be nice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Captain Toad got his own game despite his role being much smaller than Rosalina's in Mario Galaxy AND Mario 3D World. I think Rosalina should get her own game. The question now is what type of genre would it be? Captain Toad was a puzzle platformer. What about Rosalina's game?

*shot*

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a similar case to the first Yoshi game, in which the game is still branded as the same series and genre as the source material, but doesn't star Mario at all. Call it "Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rosalina's Story" or something. Would be similar to the first game in a lot of ways, but also does it's own thing with new mechanics and such.

Though what I would like most is for a Rosalina game/series to be a mix between a spectacle fighter/hack and slash, and an open ended adventure. That sounds strange at first, since spectacle fighters are usually associated with extreme violence or tongue-in-cheek characters, but I think Rosalina could work for the genre because she is already this all-powerful character anyway, so she could certainly work in a spectacle fighter. However, that doesn't mean I want her to change personality for it. The game could still be kid friendly, and she would fight with a really elegant and graceful style rather than looking super aggressive like Kratos, or hyper-sexualised like Bayonetta. Think something like how Fi fights in Hyrule Warriors - she's mowing down hoards of enemies, but doesn't look at all aggressive despite that. I imagine Rosalina could come off similarly in an action/spectacle-adventure game.

...Actually, have any of you ever played Gravity Rush for the PS Vita? Now that I think of it, something similar to that would be perfect for a Rosalina game. It perfectly describes what I'm talking about.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I literally went crazy when she was confirmed as a newcomer in Smash on that Direct. It was like the greatest moment of my life (which I can now die happily) and I knew back then that she's gonna be my automatic main and the ONLY Mario rep I'll ever play as.
And I actually had never watched Nintendo Direct live until the Nintendo 2014 E3 Digital Event cuz at that time I don't have any gadget besides a 3DS XL, so I never get a chance to see her being revealed live. I got a tablet that is also an electronic dictionary, with Wi-fi I can finally feel the live reaction.
I'm trying to main her but I am still a bit nervous of using her............ not to mention that Mario is a character that I have the most confidence to use with.
Thanks.
I'm having trouble deciding between Mega Man or Rosalina as my third main. Either way, my characters consist of Lucina, Lucario, Rosalina, and Mega Man.
Also I like Bowser Jr. a lot actually.
Oh................not surprised. I still respect but I still don't like him for both personal and obvious reasons hope you understand.

*shot*

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind a similar case to the first Yoshi game, in which the game is still branded as the same series and genre as the source material, but doesn't star Mario at all. Call it "Super Mario Galaxy 3: Rosalina's Story" or something. Would be similar to the first game in a lot of ways, but also does it's own thing with new mechanics and such.

Though what I would like most is for a Rosalina game/series to be a mix between a spectacle fighter/hack and slash, and an open ended adventure. That sounds strange at first, since spectacle fighters are usually associated with extreme violence or tongue-in-cheek characters, but I think Rosalina could work for the genre because she is already this all-powerful character anyway, so she could certainly work in a spectacle fighter. However, that doesn't mean I want her to change personality for it. The game could still be kid friendly, and she would fight with a really elegant and graceful style rather than looking super aggressive like Kratos, or hyper-sexualised like Bayonetta. Think something like how Fi fights in Hyrule Warriors - she's mowing down hoards of enemies, but doesn't look at all aggressive despite that. I imagine Rosalina could come off similarly in an action/spectacle-adventure game.

...Actually, have any of you ever played Gravity Rush for the PS Vita? Now that I think of it, something similar to that would be perfect for a Rosalina game. It perfectly describes what I'm talking about.

I'm really looking forward to that, it will be a new genre to Super Mario series.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina being in smash bros brings so much potential for her to be in more Mario games.

Hopefully she becomes more involved like Peach and not just the secret character.

Maybe an appearance in spin-offs like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario?...

...Her own spin off game? :3
Maybe even a series of short 12-minute TV episodes (much like with the Super Mario World TV series)? The episodes could focus on the lifestyles that Rosalina and her Lumas have. For some examples...
  1. The Lumas try to make a cake for Rosalina, but they mess up and leave the kitchen messy.
  2. Rosalina and the Lumas have a picnic at the Beach Bowl Galaxy, and a couple Lumas decide to play around with the penguins.
  3. Rosalina and her Lumas try to help an orphanage by selling Star Bit cupcakes to the Mushroom Kingdom residents. They make enough to save the orphanage, but the demand for the cupcakes still ends up being massive, requiring them to make a simple factory to continue their cupcake business.
  4. Rosalina reads bedtime stories to the Lumas, but one Luma gets very scared whenever she mentions any monsters in her stories.
  5. Rosalina and a single Luma head to the laundromat to do some laundry. While Rosalina keeps track of her laundry, her Luma decides to play around with the other children, but the antics that they cause lead to trouble with the grown-ups.
  6. Rosalina attends a beauty contest, and the Lumas try to help her out. In the end, Rosalina wins the contest, but her beauty causes a lot of the male spectators (Toads, Koopa Troopas, etc.) to become heavily infatuated.
  7. Rosalina and a Luma travel to Isle Delfino so that they can relax. This is a four-part episode.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think that Rosalina would be perfect for an RPG. She could level up alongside her Lumas in a Super Mario RPG-styled game or something like that.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
If Rosalina would have her own game, it NEEDS to be story driven. She'd be the only exception in the Mario universe because she's really the only character who had deep story elements. Miyamoto doesn't put story first when making games (especially Mario games), but Rosalina would be the best option when making a story-driven game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Miyamoto doesn't put story first when making games (especially Mario games).
And that's why we don't let him touch it. Let be it be Yoshiaki Koizumi heading the project, he created Rosalina.

Fun fact, Miyamoto actually admitted to basically trying to sabotage Rosalina's character. He didn't want her to have such a big role or be a main character (she was going to be a "one galaxy" character, like the Honey Queen), and he wanted her to look far more generic and Peach-alike.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Like others have said, story driven fits her well enough, so RPG isn't totally out of the question. Though with both Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series that is a bit pushing it. Unless of course we are talking non-turn base which would probably be interesting.

I think a strategy game could potentially work. I don't think the mario series has really dabble in that genre. Now that we have the canon of the Lumas willing to fight for her, that could totally make for a Luma army type deal.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad idea seems pretty cool as well.

D

Deleted member

My suggestion would be that, at first, while you get to know her, don't pay attention to Luma. Focus on Rosalina only so you get used to her attacks' speed, knockback, range, damage, and stuff. You'll be more aware of her attributes overall: running speed, falling speed, grab game, throws (Back Throw is specially good if the opponent is over 90% and you're near the edge), etc. Her jab game is also very good.

After you know how Rosalina plays, you can start playing around with Luma, and do the same you did with Rosalina. Luma is very strong, and obviously not as complex as Rosalina.

That is the way I learned how to play as her. She looks like a complex character, but she isn't really thaaaat hard to master. It just takes time and dedication. Feel free to ask us Rosalina mains for any tips if you want to know more :)
Thank you C3CC and everyone else that replied to me. I don't know what it is, but I feel that if I get to know how to play RoseLuma more effectively than I can now, she'll probably be the best of the characters that I play. That being said, I think I'm gonna go forward with the decision of dropping one of my mains (King Dedede) and putting time into learning her. I mainly have trouble with things such as her weird recovery (I nearly always SD when I'm far from the stage because of how awkward her recovery is, lol?), trapping people with her Up-air like I've seen some people do, and having her and Luma work together to rack up damage, just to name a few problems. She also feels really slow/floaty, or so I think compared to my other two mains at least, who are Meta Knight and Greninja. I was hoping one of you really good RoseLuma mains can play me and teach me some things I don't know how to do, or I can mimic what you do. I have a Skype I can talk to people through or you can PM me on here. Whatever the case though, I'll be sticking around here and reading up on useful information, so you guys can consider me a new member to the family. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Rosalina would have her own game, it NEEDS to be story driven. She'd be the only exception in the Mario universe because she's really the only character who had deep story elements. Miyamoto doesn't put story first when making games (especially Mario games), but Rosalina would be the best option when making a story-driven game.
If the gamehas story in it, we might know almost everything about Rosalina. And I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
And that's why we don't let him touch it. Let be it be Yoshiaki Koizumi heading the project, he created Rosalina.

Fun fact, Miyamoto actually admitted to basically trying to sabotage Rosalina's character. He didn't want her to have such a big role or be a main character (she was going to be a "one galaxy" character, like the Honey Queen), and he wanted her to look far more generic and Peach-alike.
Yeah, and most of us don't really like Rosalina's old concept look.
And if Yoshiaki didn't make her storybook, Rosalina might not have a high status in Mario Series and many fans to this day,and probably won't be even in Smash Bros.
Like others have said, story driven fits her well enough, so RPG isn't totally out of the question. Though with both Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi series that is a bit pushing it. Unless of course we are talking non-turn base which would probably be interesting.

I think a strategy game could potentially work. I don't think the mario series has really dabble in that genre. Now that we have the canon of the Lumas willing to fight for her, that could totally make for a Luma army type deal.

@ ChikoLad ChikoLad idea seems pretty cool as well.
I think his idea is pretty cool too, even though I haven't seen that video yet.
Thank you C3CC and everyone else that replied to me. I don't know what it is, but I feel that if I get to know how to play RoseLuma more effectively than I can now, she'll probably be the best of the characters that I play. That being said, I think I'm gonna go forward with the decision of dropping one of my mains (King Dedede) and putting time into learning her. I mainly have trouble with things such as her weird recovery (I nearly always SD when I'm far from the stage because of how awkward her recovery is, lol?), trapping people with her Up-air like I've seen some people do, and having her and Luma work together to rack up damage, just to name a few problems. She also feels really slow/floaty, or so I think compared to my other two mains at least, who are Meta Knight and Greninja. I was hoping one of you really good RoseLuma mains can play me and teach me some things I don't know how to do, or I can mimic what you do. I have a Skype I can talk to people through or you can PM me on here. Whatever the case though, I'll be sticking around here and reading up on useful information, so you guys can consider me a new member to the family. :)
Welcome! You can you share anything about Rosalina if you have truble using her.
She is quite a tricky character to use at first, but go watch some of Rosalina's competitive combo videos, and you'll get the hang of it!

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hail from the Ganon boards, Rosalinas.

The Ganons are discussing our MU with Rosa. I'm trying to get more information about the MU. That being said, I'd like to fight some of your best! It would have to be on 3DS though, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hail from the Ganon boards, Rosalinas.

The Ganons are discussing our MU with Rosa. I'm trying to get more information about the MU. That being said, I'd like to fight some of your best! It would have to be on 3DS though, unfortunately.
In a few more days, the Rosalina Match-Up Analysis thread will be analyzing Ganondorf. So if you're lacking any contributions from the Rosalina players at the Ganondorf sub-forum, you can always come to us once Ganondorf's discussion period starts.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's the newest tier list posted in imgur:

Guess the top tiers still remains the same.

Like I said

Shulk > Mega Man
Ike at low tier
Donkey Kong and Meta Knight at low tier

All these do not make any sense. Just ignore that tier list. Shulk at 15 doesn't make sense either (Because I'm thinking 16-20)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like I said

Shulk > Mega Man
Ike at low tier
Donkey Kong and Meta Knight at low tier

All these do not make any sense. Just ignore that tier list. Shulk at 15 doesn't make sense either (Because I'm thinking 16-20)
Yeah, this is actually just a temporary tier list which only represents this year February. Don't take it as a solid tier list, but still I think the top tier is quite legit, the problems are the middle tiers.
Here is the source where I found it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2urxmx/official_rsmashbros_tier_list_results_feb_2015/
And the video about it:

Recently again I would like to share this video of Trailer Drake about Nintendo's lack supplies products, especially the ones that are limited, exclusive, and hot, that's why he actually talked about Rosalina & Luma amiibo, and then. (And he seems to hold Rosalina & Luma in most of the video........................)
I know that USA has a huge amount when it comes to purchasing games, in Asia,and most part of the world, Rosalina is not exclusive in any specific store. Here's a dialogue that I came up to compare:
In USA:Consumer 1: (In Target)Hey I want to purchase a Rosalina & Luma amiibo, do you have any?
Clerk:Uh.....sorry, we're all out, how about you wait for three months and see how it goes........
In Japan:
Consumer 2: (In any game store) Hey I want to purchase a Rosalina & Luma amiibo, do you have any?
Clerk: Oh OK, do you want a Marth amiibo along with that too?

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord

Really? Where did you read that? :o That bast---...

He ruined the original Paper Mario: Sticker Star concept too. It was originally going to be much like the masterpiece that is Thousand-Year Door and then he said that the development team had to start from zero because he didn't like it. And now we got that piece of crap game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Really? Where did you read that? :o That bast---...

He ruined the original Paper Mario: Sticker Star concept too. It was originally going to be much like the masterpiece that is Thousand-Year Door and then he said that the development team had to start from zero because he didn't like it. And now we got that piece of crap game.
He said so himself, in the Iwata Asks for 3D World. Just search that up and go to the "Time Solves All Things" section (that title is in reference to Miyamoto's initial distaste of Rosalina).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
If Rosalina had her own game, I'd like to see a mix between Platformer/Action Adventure.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If Rosalina had her own game, I'd like to see a mix between Platformer/Action Adventure.
Go check @ ChikoLad ChikoLad idea, it's quite great.
And heck with discussing the genre of the game, what do you think when will they announce the game? Do you think this year or maybe next year's E3? Or even until Nintendo announce a new hardsware? Maybe 2017 (Rosalina's 10th anniversary)?

D

Deleted member

Any of you guys online right now and want to play me so I can learn? :)

Edit: Meant Wii U, I don't play my 3DS version anymore haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Any of you guys online right now and want to play me so I can learn? :)
My circle pad is going to wear off and jams if I move too much, and my FC is full, and no Wii U. Sorry.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
We could play anytime if you want. I'm not really good, though.
My circle pad is about to wear off, but maybe I can try for a bit few matches, and if the battle gets too laggy then I'll quit. How about that? @ Tino Tino ?
By the way............I had 100 FC already, but now I have a dilemma of should I delete some? And how can I invite some folks if I really want to fight with them? Should I send them conversations or just make a thread?
And check out this Rosalina amiibo training video! Do you really have to use Rosalina to make her stronger?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My circle pad is about to wear off, but maybe I can try for a bit few matches, and if the battle gets too laggy then I'll quit. How about that? @ Tino Tino ?
By the way............I had 100 FC already, but now I have a dilemma of should I delete some? And how can I invite some folks if I really want to fight with them? Should I send them conversations or just make a thread?
And check out this Rosalina amiibo training video! Do you really have to use Rosalina to make her stronger?
It's tough when you have to delete someone just to make room for a new one but it's entirely up to you.
And I don't know if you really have to or not. I mean, I didn't use Link to train my Link amiibo. I'm gonna give that a try to experience on my own once I get my own Rosalina amiibo delivered in the mail Monday.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We could play anytime if you want. I'm not really good, though.
It's OK, I'm not really good at this game yet either. I will be online later tonight and we can play!

Anyone here have a Rosalina Amiibo yet? Gonna try to get my hands on one and customize her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's OK, I'm not really good at this game yet either. I will be online later tonight and we can play!

Anyone here have a Rosalina Amiibo yet? Gonna try to get my hands on one and customize her.
I'll try if I don't end up going to sleep...and I just got mines today! xD
I thought it wouldn't get here until Monday but who gives a ****! Plan to start training her later if I get the chance.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still waiting on mine. If she isn't here on Monday, I will contact Amazon about it. She shouldn't be taking this long.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Although I'm still waiting for the one I preordered from Play-Asia.com. Wonder what's taking them so damn long?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I heard Play-Asia is really slow with shipping, wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. So wait, you're getting two of them Tino? :surprised:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I heard Play-Asia is really slow with shipping, wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. So wait, you're getting two of them Tino? :surprised:
Hell yeah, baby! :pimp:
That one will be for Mario Party 10. I originally planned to get that one just for display.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you need a second one for Mario Party, you'd be better off waiting until the Super Mario version of Rosalina comes out.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's tough when you have to delete someone just to make room for a new one but it's entirely up to you.
And I don't know if you really have to or not. I mean, I didn't use Link to train my Link amiibo. I'm gonna give that a try to experience on my own once I get my own Rosalina amiibo delivered in the mail Monday.
Perhaps I'll delete ones that I don't often play with, but the fact is is, I seldom play with my friends! I guess I'll just stay like this for now.

OOOOOOOOH MAMA
OMG

Oh really? Then how will you customize her? How about cosmic Rosalina?

D

Deleted member

Perhaps I'll delete ones that I don't often play with, but the fact is is, I seldom play with my friends! I guess I'll just stay like this for now.

OMG

Oh really? Then how will you customize her? How about cosmic Rosalina?
Well, I use the fire (red) Rosalina alt costume in Smash 4 so I will try making her red and Luma black with light blue eyes. I hope I don't mess her up since I've never done something like that before, but others on Reddit that have done it say it's easy to do, so why not try it? :)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I use the fire (red) Rosalina alt costume in Smash 4 so I will try making her red and Luma black with light blue eyes. I hope I don't mess her up since I've never done something like that before, but others on Reddit that have done it say it's easy to do, so why not try it? :)
Well, better need a second Rosalina amiibo if you messed up.
And a bit out there but there's something that really bothers me.
I want to download Smash Bros videos either on Youtube or any other websites by just using my mobile Chrome into my tablet, before the recent update I can just download it by press and hold on the video until the "Download video" appears, but now it doesn't. Any more methods that can download videos in Chrome without using any apps?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Rosalina thought that she was big and tall. With that ratchet crown and the outdated emo look but that didn't stop Zelda

The next day she woke up looking like a ****** thanks to Zelda's magic. Now she is known as midgetina.

I declare this as the new OP of this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom