• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think Greninja sucks. Casually it was today when I decided to beat the challenge where I have to beat Crazy Orders in 10 turns with Greninja.

... I ended up using a hammer after the fifth try because I couldn't get past Turn 5-6.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Greninja sucks. Casually it was today when I decided to beat the challenge where I have to beat Crazy Orders in 10 turns with Greninja.

... I ended up using a hammer after the fifth try because I couldn't get past Turn 5-6.
I've had that same problem myself, but I eventually pulled off that challenge after a couple tries. Crazy Orders is quite random with its ticket choices, so it's often going to be harder to survive for certain characters. Of course, Home-Run Bat and First Striker equipment can help any projectile user handle Crazy Orders better; it's the most efficient way to complete 20 turns as Mario.

At least for Rosalina, Crazy Orders isn't too rough for her, though once you get to turn 14, things can turn ugly if you get any bad tickets.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I've tried Crazy Orders with Rosalina and I think I got to turn 12, but I SD'd by accident using the Launch Star (so hard to aim >_<).

Also, I'm thinking of switching my Wii U main to Rosalina & Luma since I'm not having much success as Peach (that's not saying that I'm bad with her though). I feel that I can approach much safer with Rosalina than I do with Petch, but I do find myself having a harder time having to KO opponents with Rosie than with Peach. I'm not sure which to place as my 1st main since they both suit my playstyle.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I got up to 16, and without my Luma

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Then I guess the Super Mario Wiki is quite slow with staying up to date with such news, though it did get down when Europe got them.
If you want Amiibo news, you should keep an eye on /r/amiibo.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/

EDIT: Just saw this on /r/amiibo:

Mine had 40 and sold out in like 15 minutes. The other Target across town had 20 and sold out quickly (according to the woman who came to the one I was at to hunt and miss).
Be QUICK if you want her, everyone is after her.

Last edited:

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Tried target at opening time, No dice, people lined up at 6AM. They only had 24 though so, I can't really blame anything but the amount stocked.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I got VERY lucky at my local Target store today. Almost every new amiibo was out of stock, except for one Bowser amiibo. I decided to buy it, and mentioned to a staff member that the new amiibos were selling like hotcakes. The staff member then mentioned about the Rosalina amiibo, and I told her that I was hoping to buy her. The store actually had one more Rosalina amiibo left, so I got her, AND Bowser. That sure was a lucky break for me.

And for proof...

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I actually got mine today near my local Target and there were only 16 (4 in each box). Thank goodness I was there on time since some guys were there. I'm pretty sure everyone that was outside the store (including me) was able to get one.

Here's what I wrote in my Miiverse post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHighRDovA

"
Unfortunately, Rosa Luma has failed. She wasn't even able to take a single stock of mine, even though she reached level 50 in less than 2 hours. However, she did learn to use items early on, and even after all this time she still knows. She also knows how to swim, even though she was afraid at first and I taught her at a high level. She learned well, but I know she can do better."

I also decided to rename her to Shirocca.

My friend I and drove to target and got there at 7. I guess it should be expected (El Paso is a pretty slow city when it comes to things like this), but we were the only ones there for a half-hour.

I almost feel bad but nah

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Copy-paste of a post I made elsewhere, but:

I finished watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood recently.

You guys think Rosalina looks like Elsa and Peach? Think again.

Blue clothes? Check.
Blonde hair over the right eye? Check.
Voluptuous lips? Check.
Large ears? Check.
Tough ladies who look after people less capable than them? Check.
Bone-chilling death glares? Check.

Yep, Olivier Armstrong is Militaristic Rosalina, and Rosalina is Magical Space Goddess Olivier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Copy-paste of a post I made elsewhere, but:

I finished watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood recently.

You guys think Rosalina looks like Elsa and Peach? Think again.

Blue clothes? Check.
Blonde hair over the right eye? Check.
Voluptuous lips? Check.
Large ears? Check.
Tough ladies who look after people less capable than them? Check.
Bone-chilling death glares? Check.

Yep, Olivier Armstrong is Militaristic Rosalina, and Rosalina is Magical Space Goddess Olivier.
I read the manga, but those two are nothing alike when it comes to personality.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I read the manga, but those two are nothing alike when it comes to personality.
They have their similarities. Both of them greatly understand compassion and loss, and both of them look after a group of males that are less competent than them (Briggs Soldiers for Olivier, Lumas for Rosalina). Both are also commonly referred to as tough and cool.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Best I've done with Rosalina in Crazy Orders is 12 turns.

How is Rosalina doing in Apex 2015? I want her to win that thing.

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa I'm so jealous.

Missed my chance to ever get a rosalina amiibo. gg please re nintendo.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

First Rosalina custom. Simple, but effective!
It looks even better than the original! How did you attach the string to Luma? With super glue? Can you show the back of it?

Also, I got my brother the Link amiibo he wanted, but I would've preferred to get the Toon Link amiibo (I promised him Link, so I had to get it anyways).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It looks even better than the original! How did you attach the string to Luma? With super glue? Can you show the back of it?

Also, I got my brother the Link amiibo he wanted, but I would've preferred to get the Toon Link amiibo (I promised him Link, so I had to get it anyways).
I didn't make that. I saw it on /r/amiibo.

Also Rosalina isn't being restocked at Target. So y'all get her while ye can.

Last edited:

Sup3rn00b

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sup3rn00b
3DS FC
4398-9309-7838
Also Rosalina isn't being restocked at Target. So y'all get her while ye can.
I don't understand.
Why does nintendo do this.
"Here have like 8 amiibos per store. No restocks. Target only. Final destination."

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't understand.
Why does nintendo do this.
"Here have like 8 amiibos per store. No restocks. Target only. Final destination."
You'll have to wait for the Super Mario series amiibo to feature Rosalina. She'll probably be a regular amiibo to purchase. She works with Super Smash Bros. too.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How did all of you get those Rosalina amiibos? D :

I still haven't gotten mine and I pre-ordered it.

:sadsheep:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
If that's true, then I definitely am a lucky bird. I wish that I could show a photo of my amiibo collection, but my camera is quite old, and not really able to take good pictures very well.
You should probably do it anyways if you got the chance. You never know when it might brake down since it's old.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've just been using my phone (HTC One) for my photos.

However, I do have a professional camera. Will use it for the Rosalina pics tomorrow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a photo of my amiibo party. Again, the quality isn't that great, but it's the best that I could do.

That quality seems fine to me, especially for collection display purposes.

Also Rosalina is the second most trending thing on Twitter right now. That makes me sooooooo happy.

---------

GIMME

Last edited:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice

I pulled off getting the Amiibo, and that's my dumb cat behind it.
I got to Target at 7:00 AM, and waited till ten minutes before opening hours. Luckily, there were 8 of us waiting and 16 in stock, so everything worked out there. Strangely they only had 2 Toon Links...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Outside of the last Bowser and Rosalina amiibo copies that I've bought, I didn't see any of the other wave 3 amiibo figurines at my Target store; no Sheik, no Ike, no Toon Link, and no Dedede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom