• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god, the game isn't released in the US?
I... don't get it. What took them so much time?
My guess is they wanted to make a bunch of those Yarn Yoshis for the US to go along with the game.

Europe hardly got any of those Amiibos in exchange for an early release of the game.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
My guess is they wanted to make a bunch of those Yarn Yoshis for the US to go along with the game.

Europe hardly got any of those Amiibos in exchange for an early release of the game.
Perhaps. Well, I've heard some Yoshi amiibos got destroyed (not by Nintendo) before even reaching the stores. But it's true that, even without this destruction, there wasn't that much Yoshi amiibos.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Woolly world is really nice, being able to play 2 chars through the whole adventure gives a big different mechanic comparing to other games, its also kinda forgiving in checkpoints which is ok due to how hard it can be playing 2 chars at once :D Fun co-op too, havent 100% it yet but will definitly do that later at some point, have played it through in one sitting with a amiibocharacter though which was very fun and cool(like finding shortcuts exclusive to that).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh my god, the game isn't released in the US?
I... don't get it. What took them so much time?
I have no idea why we had to wait like 5 months while that game came out in other areas like Europe.

EDIT: Good thing I have that game preordered at Best Buy. I'm sure I'll be able to get it on the mail on the day it comes out, unlike GameStop.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I have no idea why we had to wait like 5 months while that game came out in other areas like Europe.

EDIT: Good thing I have that game preordered at Best Buy. I'm sure I'll be able to get it on the mail on the day it comes out, unlike GameStop.
H-H-Hey, for once, Europe got the game before America!

(edit because what I wrote got erased for no reason): Seriously, I really think that concerns the Amiibos.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
H-H-Hey, for once, Europe got the game before America!

(edit because what I wrote got erased for no reason): Seriously, I really think that concerns the Amiibos.
I'm not interested in the Yarn Yoshi amiibo. I only want my amiibo collection from the Smash Bros. line instead.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
How will you know if it sounds like fun if they keep it secret?
Hello guys, I'm back.

Well... it turns out that most of the time was quite fun. Except some activity that we have to walk round the field under scorching sun for two hours.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rayquaza is doing great with Rosalina, better than Dabuz and maybe Acestarthe3rd even

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No, absolutely not, Ray isn't even a top 3 Rosa player yet neither is Ace.
Dabuz plays defensively alot, Ace is really good(and is probably the only Rosa main noone hates and are actually entertained by), and Rayquaza proved himself today. Called an opinion from a reason.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Dabuz plays defensively alot, Ace is really good(and is probably the only Rosa main noone hates and are actually entertained by), and Rayquaza proved himself today. Called an opinion from a reason.
Uh, I guess you've never heard of me, Dabuz Myself and Falln are the top 3 right now. (Only counting US)

Everyone tells me all over that I am the most entertaining Rosalina main to watch cause I'm aggressive. Falln has been 2nd for a while, I've been catching up to him now. Ray doesn't go to nationals so he can't be top 3 yet. Falln and I have constantly gone to big nationals this year and do well at them.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Uh, I guess you've never heard of me, Dabuz Myself and Falln are the top 3 right now. (Only counting US)

Everyone tells me all over that I am the most entertaining Rosalina main to watch cause I'm aggressive. Falln has been 2nd for a while, I've been catching up to him now. Ray doesn't go to nationals so he can't be top 3 yet. Falln and I have constantly gone to big nationals this year and do well at them.
You, never heard of(sorry). I've only heard people call Acestarthe3rd the best and most entertaining Rosalina for how he plays in general. Even heard people call Abadango(understandable in a way)and Smash God(don't know why)top Rosalina mains.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You, never heard of(sorry). I've only heard people call Acestarthe3rd the best and most entertaining Rosalina for how he plays in general. Even heard people call Abadango(understandable in a way)and Smash God(don't know why)top Rosalina mains.
Ace Star just has social media fame honestly, he's not bad though, def not the best. This would be a case of who's more popular.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ace Star just has social media fame honestly, he's not bad though, def not the best. This would be a case of who's more popular.
Ah, makes sense...but he is funny though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as I know, AceStar isn't much of a tournament player, he's more known for his Undefeated For Glory series on YouTube.

I could be wrong though. I know he HAS entered tournaments, but as far as I know he isn't a regular at them.

Speaking of For Glory, I played it for hours today, partly because I ran into two people who had really good connections for the most part, and they were really good players too. This match isn't with one of those, but I felt like uploading it. It was laggy and frustrating which made me get wrecked a lot (it kept dropping inputs), but I still won....in the most disgusting way I possibly could have:

...How did that hit?

I mean I'm not complaining, but it literally just looks like Luma sent a psychokinetic blast through the stage, knocking R.O.B into the bottom of the stage, where he then rebounded. It WAS Luma that hit, but he literally hit through the stage, even though he didn't physically pass through it or anything.

Stromp

Legend
NNID
Stromp
As far as I know, AceStar isn't much of a tournament player, he's more known for his Undefeated For Glory series on YouTube.

I could be wrong though. I know he HAS entered tournaments, but as far as I know he isn't a regular at them.

Speaking of For Glory, I played it for hours today, partly because I ran into two people who had really good connections for the most part, and they were really good players too. This match isn't with one of those, but I felt like uploading it. It was laggy and frustrating which made me get wrecked a lot (it kept dropping inputs), but I still won....in the most disgusting way I possibly could have:

...How did that hit?

I mean I'm not complaining, but it literally just looks like Luma sent a psychokinetic blast through the stage, knocking R.O.B into the bottom of the stage, where he then rebounded. It WAS Luma that hit, but he literally hit through the stage, even though he didn't physically pass through it or anything.
Nice one. I don't understand how it hit either lol

falln

Smash Ace

...How did that hit?

if i had to guess the rob might've gone for the upair which extends his hurtbox and he got intercepted before the uair animation came out

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
if i had to guess the rob might've gone for the upair which extends his hurtbox and he got intercepted before the uair animation came out
I thought about that, but would it really extend that far through the platform? Luma didn't even come close to touching the platform itself. He was tethered to me and I was jumping, so he was "in mid-air".

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rayquaza is doing great with Rosalina, better than Dabuz and maybe Acestarthe3rd even
I would hope to see some match video them? And even better, Rayquaza vs Dabuz, just settle it in Smash.
Rosalina has to be defensive for most of the time (Especially when facing characters that can punish Rosa very easily.). And Ace actually got beaten by Nairo's Rosalina before on his stream one time.
Again, I want videos.
Maybe I should joggle your mind, haven't you seen Super Smash Bros 3DS National Tournament that was officially hosted by Nintendo? The champion was Dabuz and the 2nd place was Xaltis Xaltis , it was probably after that tournament when many people started to think that Rosalina is OP.
I really enjoy his tutorial videos.
I always think ROB is a bad MU for Rosalina, attacks are fast and has annoying projectiles... I yeah, laggy match is annoying. Even though laggy match can't really be an excuse for losing, it just annoying when playing. It was luma that strike ROB on the ledge.
http://www.twitch.tv/TourneyLocator
This win will be so big for Dabuz and Rosalina
What tournament is this?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't normally have trouble with R.O.B but he is one of those characters I specifically find annoying under lag.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't normally have trouble with R.O.B but he is one of those characters I specifically find annoying under lag.
Well, I do. I may have to play against him for most of the time.
The Big House 5
So Dabuz was 3rd place, while Nairo and ZeRo are 2nd and 1st. Not a surprise result.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would hope to see some match video them? And even better, Rayquaza vs Dabuz, just settle it in Smash.

Rosalina has to be defensive for most of the time (Especially when facing characters that can punish Rosa very easily.). And Ace actually got beaten by Nairo's Rosalina before on his stream one time.
Again, I want videos.

Maybe I should joggle your mind, haven't you seen Super Smash Bros 3DS National Tournament that was officially hosted by Nintendo? The champion was Dabuz and the 2nd place was Xaltis Xaltis , it was probably after that tournament when many people started to think that Rosalina is OP.

I really enjoy his tutorial videos.

I always think ROB is a bad MU for Rosalina, attacks are fast and has annoying projectiles... I yeah, laggy match is annoying. Even though laggy match can't really be an excuse for losing, it just annoying when playing. It was luma that strike ROB on the ledge.

What tournament is this?
That 3DS tournament, forgot about who was 2nd place(aswell as most of the people there).

Rayquaza vs Dabuz sounds awesome.

Rosalina can be both defensive and offensive at the same time though...and Nairo is the 2nd best Sm4sh player, so that's to be expected.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
That 3DS tournament, forgot about who was 2nd place(aswell as most of the people there).

Rayquaza vs Dabuz sounds awesome.

Rosalina can be both defensive and offensive at the same time though...and Nairo is the 2nd best Sm4sh player, so that's to be expected.
Just Dabuz...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just Dabuz...
Yeah, I haven't seen the tournament in a long time(I usually watch a tournament once and if I liked some of the matches uploaded, I'll reach them on youtube).

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Nairo had the SET ADVANTAGE against Zero, yet he completely wasted it horsing around with Robin and MK; is this was a friendlies match or something of the sort I wouldn't complain, but it was the GRAND FINALS in a heavily-promoted major Smash4 tournament. I'm almost thinking Nairo threw the whole thing....

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nairo had the SET ADVANTAGE against Zero, yet he completely wasted it horsing around with Robin and MK; is this was a friendlies match or something of the sort I wouldn't complain, but it was the GRAND FINALS in a heavily-promoted major Smash4 tournament. I'm almost thinking Nairo threw the whole thing....
Nairo said he did I to make the game fair.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As a Sonic main though, I was happy to see Seagul Joe take a set from ZeRo.

While I main Rosalina and use her a bit more than Sonic (my second main - Rosalina, Sonic, and Mario would be my tournament characters when I start going), I've always enjoyed Sonic's big tournament endeavours more, for the most part.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Nintendo sponsored one at Nintendo World?
Believe so. Been so long since it happened(back when Rosalina was the best character), now she has the most amount of nerfs in the game(17)and people still want her nerfed

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Believe so. Been so long since it happened(back when Rosalina was the best character), now she has the most amount of nerfs in the game(17)and people still want her nerfed
Oh okay, cause I was gonna say I was the 2nd Rosalina in that tournament that got 3rd. I lost to Dabuz in Winner Semis in the ditto.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh okay, cause I was gonna say I was the 2nd Rosalina in that tournament that got 3rd. I lost to Dabuz in Winner Semis in the ditto.
Ah, must've been hard to keep up with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom