• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I always think ROB is a bad MU for Rosalina, attacks are fast and has annoying projectiles... I yeah, laggy match is annoying. Even though laggy match can't really be an excuse for losing, it just annoying when playing. It was luma that strike ROB on the ledge.
That MU favors Rosalina, but slighty, though. GP are useful against his projectiles as long as you don't get baited for him to punish your end lag. Because of Rob using gyro for edgeguarding because he can use it near the ledge to limit your ledge options(get up and jump, think) for him to either read your roll or you getting off the ledge to attack for spacing. If you know your combos besides out of down-throw and up-throw, then Rob is a easy target for them and getting by your up-airs. Plus, read the air dodge for a up-air if you can because unless he has a gyro and he can drop it under you, then he can't challenge your dangerous up-airs any of his aerials. Jumping over the lasers and gyro may help along with Power-shielding(but Luma will get hit). Up-tile and up-smash as anti-air moves when needed. I think her b-air(or SH) can deal with his n-air along with her forward-smash(but spaced, though), and maybe star-bits. To deal with gyro, dash attack, SH aerial, SH air dodge to catch the gyro, but time it right so you won't get landing lag or try to less. Edge-guarding, B-air and down-air(along with Luma's hitbox) are your to go for gimping. Also, if you have the gyro in your hands, mix up it by z-drop to bait an air-dodge for a gimp or pressure him off-stage with it by limiting his ledge options. Down-smash for a ledge punish(or kill), down-tile, down-air(halo hitbox) to spike Rob down, and angled forward smash for ledgeguarding.
Hope this helps you and if you face Rob, good luck with the advice. Also, I forgot to mention that Rob has trouble landing like Rosalina so mix up your options with SH aerials, up-smash(pivot, also), pivot forward smash, baiting his landings and attacks, and reading the air dodge for a punish.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy If this post doesn't belong here, then I apologize for it. I just want to help him out with the MU.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That 3DS tournament, forgot about who was 2nd place(aswell as most of the people there).
I remember it was Mario. Yeah, I kind of thought it wrong in the first place.
Just Dabuz...
I actually know you the most during that tournament because you use the red color Rosalina.
Not too much, it was customs and custom gear he barley beat me.
Well then I'm looking forward to see you facing with Dabuz gain without customs.
That MU favors Rosalina, but slighty, though. GP are useful against his projectiles as long as you don't get baited for him to punish your end lag. Because of Rob using gyro for edgeguarding because he can use it near the ledge to limit your ledge options(get up and jump, think) for him to either read your roll or you getting off the ledge to attack for spacing. If you know your combos besides out of down-throw and up-throw, then Rob is a easy target for them and getting by your up-airs. Plus, read the air dodge for a up-air if you can because unless he has a gyro and he can drop it under you, then he can't challenge your dangerous up-airs any of his aerials. Jumping over the lasers and gyro may help along with Power-shielding(but Luma will get hit). Up-tile and up-smash as anti-air moves when needed. I think her b-air(or SH) can deal with his n-air along with her forward-smash(but spaced, though), and maybe star-bits. To deal with gyro, dash attack, SH aerial, SH air dodge to catch the gyro, but time it right so you won't get landing lag or try to less. Edge-guarding, B-air and down-air(along with Luma's hitbox) are your to go for gimping. Also, if you have the gyro in your hands, mix up it by z-drop to bait an air-dodge for a gimp or pressure him off-stage with it by limiting his ledge options. Down-smash for a ledge punish(or kill), down-tile, down-air(halo hitbox) to spike Rob down, and angled forward smash for ledgeguarding.
Hope this helps you and if you face Rob, good luck with the advice. Also, I forgot to mention that Rob has trouble landing like Rosalina so mix up your options with SH aerials, up-smash(pivot, also), pivot forward smash, baiting his landings and attacks, and reading the air dodge for a punish.

@ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy If this post doesn't belong here, then I apologize for it. I just want to help him out with the MU.
Thanks for the long tip, you can repost this in the MU thread.

Last edited:

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I actually know you the most during that tournament because you use the red color Rosalina.

Well then I'm looking forward to see you facing with Dabuz gain without customs.
Thanks, yea the Red Rosa is me. I've yet to fight Dabuz without customs still, would be an interesting match imo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thanks, yea the Red Rosa is me. I've yet to fight Dabuz without customs still, would be an interesting match imo.
Nice new avatar pic :)
As you see my sig, I use red Rosa too. I have also seen your recent tournament match, you did great but also has a lot of place to improve if you want to beat Dabuz.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Nice new avatar pic :)
As you see my sig, I use red Rosa too. I have also seen your recent tournament match, you did great but also has a lot of place to improve if you want to beat Dabuz.
Yea, I don't live near anyone in my state really, so the only time I play is during our weeklys or at other tournaments. I think I do pretty well for someone who can never practice, also life is the absolute hardest for me being trans and all. Gotta spend so much money, that's why I couldn't go to The Big House 5. :/

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yea, I don't live near anyone in my state really, so the only time I play is during our weeklys or at other tournaments. I think I do pretty well for someone who can never practice, also life is the absolute hardest for me being trans and all. Gotta spend so much money, that's why I couldn't go to The Big House 5. :/
Ah, same as me. I'm a first year college student/freshmen so I have to focus on my school work rather than playing Smash and make money.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
At least you don't have to spend a bunch of money to be yourself >_>
Be myself? What do you mean? I may have to make money for my living next year. Even right now I want to make money so I can buy my necessities and of course, Nintendo stuff.
I wonder how does Dabuz have the time to play Smash lol. And even so I still see your tournament match sometimes right?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

I found this picture and I thought I share this with you, guys. Why? Because she pretty cool, cute, bloody, and amazing on that artwork with her fire form and red dress.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I found this picture and I thought I share this with you, guys. Why? Because she pretty cool, cute, bloody, and amazing on that artwork with her fire form and red dress.
Nice to see her in red with a pony tail.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The main problem is that all palette swaps have to share the exact same bone structure.
I don't think with the pony tail couldn't hurt, but I don't find it easy, either. They can have Rosalina on her red dress in her pony tail, while the rest of the dresses with her long hair can stay the same; But, I can only dream about it XD

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ponytails for Rosalina and Peach could have worked fine for their fire alts. Female WFT has a ponytail, male WFT doesn't. Female Robin has pigtails, male Robin doesn't.

Really there is no excuse for it. Maybe they just didn't think of it, but there was probably a bit of laziness there or something.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ponytails for Rosalina and Peach could have worked fine for their fire alts. Female WFT has a ponytail, male WFT doesn't. Female Robin has pigtails, male Robin doesn't.

Really there is no excuse for it. Maybe they just didn't think of it, but there was probably a bit of laziness there or something.
Hope they can add it someday...

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Yep.

So now the Smash Bros fighter ballot is really over. Who knows what will we get next as a DLC character.
Might be Wolf, because of the fans' requests. I don't care much for him, though.

However, I hope they bring out a color/alt costume or two for every characters and more themes as DLC.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yep.

So now the Smash Bros fighter ballot is really over. Who knows what will we get next as a DLC character.
It could be a while until we find out the results but I'm definitely hoping for Wolf but I also want to see Snake in as well.

I'm willing to drop Falco just to have Wolf as one of my mains again if he makes it back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have my doubts on Solid Snake, simply because he's Konami's property, and unlike with Brawl, Konami wasn't involved with Smash 4's development.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I highly doubt Snake's coming back, especially with what Konami is going through.

I personally voted for a few characters, but my most recent vote and the one I want the most (Of those who have any chance) is Bandana Waddle Dee. I love the kirby series and more is better, especially an adorable bandana wearing spear master that is Bandana Waddle Dee.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I only did one vote for Wolf.

You sure know how to kill someone's hopes down, do you?
3rd party characters are more difficult to implement, simply because of the licensing issues. You can't just add any 3rd party characters without the permission of the owners after all.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only did one vote for Wolf.

3rd party characters are more difficult to implement, simply because of the licensing issues. You can't just add any 3rd party characters without the permission of the owners after all.
That didn't stop Snake supporters like myself from trying though.

And I also gave my vote to Wolf on the ballot along with Snake.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That didn't stop Snake supporters like myself from trying though.
At this point, all we can do now is have hope.

On a side note, the only other character whom I've had my doubts on is Shantae, simply because of her wardrobe choices. Ironically, her games have an E10+ rating, but when you consider why the Tharja trophy was removed from Smash 3DS, it makes you wonder if Shantae's wardrobe is too revealing as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You sure know how to kill someone's hopes down, do you?
I think Snake still has chance.
At this point, all we can do now is have hope.

On a side note, the only other character whom I've had my doubts on is Shantae, simply because of her wardrobe choices. Ironically, her games have an E10+ rating, but when you consider why the Tharja trophy was removed from Smash 3DS, it makes you wonder if Shantae's wardrobe is too revealing as well.
Yeah, but Smash4 is E10+ too. I personally don't think her outfit would be that too revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom