• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Entrancing remix, beautiful art (it's seriously one of my favourite art pieces in general), and a nice visual effect to compliment the art.

Dunno why people are making such a kerfuffle about the image in the comments. I've noticed that people make an especially big kerfuffle if people find Rosalina sexy, more so than they do with other characters.
I don't get it either.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was browsing 4chan (I tend to put in "rosalina 4chan" into Google sometimes to see the stuff ****posters say about Rosalina but sometimes you actually find cool art and stuff), and I found a cool little Rosalina themed forum game you guys might like. However, the original image contains a description and because it's 4chan, it uses a lot of random swearing in the description. Also misinterprets the ending of Galaxy as Lumas sacrificing themselves as most people do. So I will post only the necessary part of the image and then give you guys the game with a context that's more appropriate and true to the original game.

--------------------

OH NO!

The universe has gone into a chaotic state and is about to implode and won't survive, so Rosalina has to reset it again! Except this time, video game developers won't exist in the next universe, so there can be no more new video games for a whole cosmic cycle!

You are one of Rosalina's baby Lumas, and hearing that news made you sad, but just before she resets the universe, she informs you that there is still time to check the contents of, and grab one box of video games, that you can keep with you while she protects you. Not all hope is lost!

However, you have a few restrictions to work under/things to keep in mind:

-You were always a disorganised, messy Luma, who never even tidied his room. As such, your boxes of video games are all completely random assortments. You don't even have your Mario Party games sorted together! And since you are a sm0l, baby Luma, your boxes of video games were all very small, only containing 4 games each (when it comes to games with large cartridges and packaging, like an N64 or SNES game, you don't have the original packaging, just the cartridge - the boxes you are using were mostly designed to carry for DVD case style boxes, but you can just about squeeze in, say, a GBA box and an N64 cart, and two Wii games, for example - and no, you don't have time to remove small carts or discs in the original packaging - not with those stubby little Luma arms!). The boxes are also scattered all around the nearby space right now and are floating away, so you don't have the time nor the capability to catch and carry around multiple boxes. You make a dash to one box, check what's inside, then go back to Rosalina. The rest are taken.

-Since you were a baby Luma that was still very young, you were only ever allowed to play games suitable for kids. You had a preference for Mario games, so all of your games are Mario games. The other Lumas had different preferences, so they are all busy trying to preserve their stuff, and don't have time to help you, nor would they be too interested in Mario games. As such, you get no help here. You just get the one box you pick.

-You don't have to worry about the consoles, as Rosalina loves you SO much, that she's travelling to another dimension where there exists the "Ultimate Nintendo Gamesphere 20XX", a Nintendo system that plays literally every Nintendo game ever released, even arcade games, so she is going to buy one for you. However, this is also the reason why she can't just gather everything up for you. So she can't help you retrieve all of the boxes as she is getting you a game system that will play the four games you end up with. She'll only be gone a few seconds from your perspective, and she will re-appear where she was speaking to you. As soon as she re-appears, she is resetting everything, so once again, you REALLY only have time for one box, otherwise you risk getting none of them.

-You don't have to worry about your box being destroyed. Rosalina has casted a spell on you that will preserve any inanimate objects you are hugging onto once she resets the universe. However, it has to be a literal hug, and you are only big enough to hug onto one box at a time.

-The games you pick won't inspire anyone to make video games or anything in the new cosmic cycle. Picking the box with Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example, does not result in someone in the new universe making a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

-Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart 8, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are not in any of the boxes. This is because a cosmic anomaly caused one of your boxes, containing these four games, to turn into a mystery box. Lots of different Mario games are cycling in and out of existence inside this. However, once you open it, the four games that were in it at the time, are stuck that way and won't shift again. It's the only way to get these four critically acclaimed, classic (or "classic to be" with MK8), and fan favourite games, so if you want them, you have to gamble with the mystery box! (Out of context - use this randomiser if you want to play with the mystery box idea, and include as many Mario games as you can, even ones on the list. The first 4 games you get on the list are the ones you get to keep in the reset).

So with that arbitrary but amusing Rosalina themed context out of the way...PICK A BOX!

Also if anyone can find a simple, non formatted list of all Mario games, that would be perfect, so people can just copy it into the randomiser.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was browsing 4chan (I tend to put in "rosalina 4chan" into Google sometimes to see the stuff ****posters say about Rosalina but sometimes you actually find cool art and stuff), and I found a cool little Rosalina themed forum game you guys might like. However, the original image contains a description and because it's 4chan, it uses a lot of random swearing in the description. Also misinterprets the ending of Galaxy as Lumas sacrificing themselves as most people do. So I will post only the necessary part of the image and then give you guys the game with a context that's more appropriate and true to the original game.

--------------------

OH NO!

The universe has gone into a chaotic state and is about to implode and won't survive, so Rosalina has to reset it again! Except this time, video game developers won't exist in the next universe, so there can be no more new video games for a whole cosmic cycle!

You are one of Rosalina's baby Lumas, and hearing that news made you sad, but just before she resets the universe, she informs you that there is still time to check the contents of, and grab one box of video games, that you can keep with you while she protects you. Not all hope is lost!

-You were always a disorganised, messy Luma, who never even tidied his room. As such, your boxes of video games are all completely random assortments. You don't even have your Mario Party games sorted together! And since you are a sm0l, baby Luma, your boxes of video games were all very small, only containing 4 games each (when it comes to games with large cartridges and packaging, like an N64 or SNES game, you don't have the original packaging, just the cartridge - the boxes you are using were mostly designed to carry for DVD case style boxes, but you can just about squeeze in, say, a GBA box and an N64 cart, and two Wii games, for example - and no, you don't have time to remove small carts or discs in the original packaging - not with those stubby little Luma arms!). The boxes are also scattered all around the nearby space right now and are floating away, so you don't have the time nor the capability to catch and carry around multiple boxes. You make a dash to one box, check what's inside, then go back to Rosalina. The rest are taken.

-Since you were a baby Luma that was still very young, you were only ever allowed to play games suitable for kids. You had a preference for Mario games, so all of your games are Mario games. The other Lumas had different preferences, so they are all busy trying to preserve their stuff, and don't have time to help you, nor would they be too interested in Mario games. As such, you get no help here. You just get the one box you pick.

-You don't have to worry about the consoles, as Rosalina loves you SO much, that she's travelling to another dimension where there exists the "Ultimate Nintendo Gamesphere 20XX", a Nintendo system that plays literally every Nintendo game ever released, even arcade games, so she is going to buy one for you. However, this is also the reason why she can't just gather everything up for you. So she can't help you retrieve all of the boxes as she is getting you a game system that will play the four games you end up with. She'll only be gone a few seconds from your perspective, and she will re-appear where she was speaking to you. As soon as she re-appears, she is resetting everything, so once again, you REALLY only have time for one box, otherwise you risk getting none of them.

-You don't have to worry about your box being destroyed. Rosalina has casted a spell on you that will preserve any inanimate objects you are hugging onto once she resets the universe. However, it has to be a literal hug, and you are only big enough to hug onto one box at a time.

-The games you pick won't inspire anyone to make video games or anything in the new cosmic cycle. Picking the box with Super Mario Galaxy 2, for example, does not result in someone in the new universe making a Super Mario Galaxy 3.

-Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart 8, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are not in any of the boxes. This is because a cosmic anomaly caused one of your boxes, containing these four games, to turn into a mystery box. Lots of different Mario games are cycling in and out of existence inside this. However, once you open it, the four games that were in it at the time, are stuck that way and won't shift again. It's the only way to get these four critically acclaimed, classic (or "classic to be" with MK8), and fan favourite games, so if you want them, you have to gamble with the mystery box! (Out of context - use this randomiser if you want to play with the mystery box idea, and include as many Mario games as you can, even ones on the list. The first 4 games you get on the list are the ones you get to keep in the reset).

So with that arbitrary but amusing Rosalina themed context out of the way...PICK A BOX!

Also if anyone can find a simple, non formatted list of all Mario games, that would be perfect, so people can just copy it into the randomiser.
I kind of don't get it...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Neither do I. Well, actually I didn't bother reading the whole thing because reading a long wall of text always turns out to be pretty boring as hell. No offense, Aaron. Is there a shorter version of that ****?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just pick one of the box numbers from the image.

Geez, it isn't that hard. :p

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just pick one of the box numbers from the image.

Geez, it isn't that hard. :p
That's easy for you to say, smart***.

Anyways, I'll just go with 13 because it has one of my all time favorite Mario games ever.

I still don't get the purpose of this **** though.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

--------------------

OH NO!

You're confusing me and just made it difficult for me to choose XD

Can we at least pick two boxes?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

--------------------

OH NO!

Remind me again why the Lumas didn't sacrifice themselves? It's been a while since I played Galaxy.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Remind me again why the Lumas didn't sacrifice themselves? It's been a while since I played Galaxy.
The one piece of evidence towards the assertion, Young Master Luma, whom everyone assumes sacrificed himself to help save the universe with other Lumas, doesn't actually die or turn into a galaxy or anything. He lived on. And in the ending for Galaxy 2, Rosalina remarks that she got separated from him when you re-unite him with her (which we saw in the 120 Star Ending in Galaxy), which shows that she never expected him to die or change form.

People seem to miss this very simple and obvious detail and assume the Lumas sacrificed themselves, but that isn't the case. The universe reset was just a Rosalina thing.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hey party people. School is finally slowing down and smash has my interest again. Rosalina is also still my main of course. Checking to see how you guys been. It's been like 70 pages since I was last here so I don't know whats happened and stuff.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey party people. School is finally slowing down and smash has my interest again. Rosalina is also still my main of course. Checking to see how you guys been. It's been like 70 pages since I was last here so I don't know whats happened and stuff.
It sure has been a long ass while. What's crackin'?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welcome back.

Lots of random miscellaneous stuff has happened so I dunno what specifically to mention. :V

But I found this art on tumblr and thought you guys might like it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
It sure has been a long *** while. What's crackin'?
Krackens. As in I've been playing Splatoon. But mostly I was trying to figure how I was going to survive AP Calculus. Luckily, I started figuring things out, and so I'm passing with a goodish score. Nothing amazing though.

Been playing whatever new games I could. Tried to play Puzzles and Dragons: Mario Edition, but I couldn't get into it much. So no Rosalina for me.

Mario maker is also fun. When I last left it before Calculus began killing me, I was making a Rosalina and Olimar level about space adventures.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of Mario Maker, I uploaded my latest level today.

It was my friend's birthday and while I plan to get him a gift with money, it isn't out yet. I wanted to draw something for him, but my mouse broke. So instead, I made a Mario Maker level themed around some of his favourite characters.

Course ID: (236F-0000-0096-A36A)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Welcome back.

Lots of random miscellaneous stuff has happened so I dunno what specifically to mention. :V

But I found this art on tumblr and thought you guys might like it.

It would've been a whole lot better without Peach in it. Why not Zelda or even Lucina?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I need to get back into Mario Maker and finish my Space like level. I actually got over 50 stars a while back so I can upload more levels.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't touched Mario Maker in weeks mostly because I wanted to focus on playing the 6 or so games I've yet to finish.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I still have a backlog, but I'm getting better at handling that kind of stuff. I'm more inclined to play the games I get now. Like I said, I at least tried Puzzles and Dragons.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still have a backlog, but I'm getting better at handling that kind of stuff. I'm more inclined to play the games I get now. Like I said, I at least tried Puzzles and Dragons.
I gave up on playing that **** because it was hard as **** I couldn't get passed World 3. So I started playing other games instead...on the Wii U that is.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I gave up on it because I wasn't getting any other monsters besides Goombas and Koopas. I don't know if there is a special item that helped with that, but I wasn't waiting to find out.

I'm currently playing Freedom Planet.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Batman: Arkham City is a game I'm currently playing. I got this last week but it wasn't until today that I started on it because I was still finishing up Lego City: Undercover, which I finished yesterday finally. That's one game down and a couple of more to go.

**** man, Smash Bros. has been getting in the damn way these days I've fallen behind on those other games.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm currently playing Freedom Planet.
omg someone besides me that actually plays this

I love that game so much. Got it on Steam a while ago and I tend to go back to it every now and then.

I'll get the Wii U version when it comes out over here to support the developer, but I'm really waiting on the Milla story DLC, and the Torque and Spade DLC before I get back into it again. I've already finished Lilac and Carol's stories, and done a bunch of achievements and what not.

In terms of what I'm playing, it's mostly been Kingdom Hearts. I'm playing Re: coded currently, and will probably go back and forth 100%'ing the other games and getting their PSN trophies. Also, I started playing my copy of Skylanders Giants recently (bought it a few weeks ago but was saving it until after I finished catching up on KH storywise). I'm surprisingly actually enjoying it, though I'm glad I waited until the Starter Kit was €10 to buy a Skylanders game. I bought a Spyro figure too as Spyro was my first favourite video game franchise and so he's near and dear to my heart. The Starter Pack also had Cynder in it (another Spyro character) from the get go so I didn't even have to look for her. I'd honestly dig a Nintendo game like this using Amiibos.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
omg someone besides me that actually plays this

I love that game so much. Got it on Steam a while ago and I tend to go back to it every now and then.

I'll get the Wii U version when it comes out over here to support the developer, but I'm really waiting on the Milla story DLC, and the Torque and Spade DLC before I get back into it again. I've already finished Lilac and Carol's stories, and done a bunch of achievements and what not.
I got the wii u version. It is very fun! Lots of fast paced action and I like the characters. If there are two things I don't like about it:
1. The enemies attacks feel a little cheap at times
2. The game doesn't tell you anything. I had to look up what each shield does. Not to mention, I didn't even know Lilac could do punches and kicks until after I beat her story. I thought she could only Cyclone and Dragon Boosts.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Isn't there a little controls section? I know the Wii U demo had one.

But eh, part of the appeal of Freedom Planet is that it's...well, it gives you a lot of freedom. It's like an old school Sonic game or a Mega Man X game in that it doesn't tell you how to do anything, but you come to obstacles and you just sort of figure them out. And it just rewards you for trying different things, even as simple as messing with the buttons. Like, Lilac has a stomp move and an uppercut move (down + attack in mid-air on the ground, and up + attack on the ground), and both of those are really powerful on enemies and bosses when you know how to use them. The stomp is also great for speedrunning, as it gives you a huge boost of speed if you land it on a slope.

In terms of the gameplay, I don't have many problems with it. I have a few issues with the story and some characters but even then I still like the story.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Isn't there a little controls section? I know the Wii U demo had one.
Not that I know of, there wasn't even an electronic manuel.

I can certainly understand the feeling of figuring things out for yourself, but something as simple as what power ups do and controls should have some screen I can access to get the basics down I feel

Favorite character? Playable wise, Lilac, but I like Neera as an NPC as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Playable wise Lilac is also my favourite (I'm a huge Sonic fan and she's basically the Sonic of the group in terms of how she plays), but in terms of characterisation, I like Carol and Torque the most. Also Brevon and Serpentine make for awesome villains.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Welcome back, you have been into Splatoon right? I had saw you been active on Squidboards.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm so glad Freedom Planet finally released on Wii U, but I can't afford it currently. I've already spent so much when I preordered Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash, Yoshi's Wooly World, Shovel Knight the Wii U physical copy, Rodea the Sky Soldier, and Xenoblade Chronicles X. In the mean time, I'm looking to get another job as soon as possible to recoup my losses. No more amiibo for me for a while either.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I hate Peach with a passion. Always have been, always will.
Same with Zelda. I hated her in smash 4 because the a.l. and amiibo p***ing me off. Plus one time on crazy orders, I died from the f***ing lighting kick when Zelda was giant which made me angry and hated her even more.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Same with Zelda. I hated her in smash 4 because the a.l. and amiibo p***ing me off. Plus one time on crazy orders, I died from the f***ing lighting kick when Zelda was giant which made me angry and hated her even more.
Not as stupid as getting killed from her Farore's Wind.

And Crazy Order is pretty...well...crazy with all the random matches and ****. One time, I was getting close to beating it after 30 turns as Rosalina until a big ass Yoshi killed me with his up air. I quit after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom