• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just Home Run my way through Crazy Orders. Makes the monotony a little less frustrating at least.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just Home Run my way through Crazy Orders. Makes the monotony a little less frustrating at least.
That's exactly how I did it. So far, I currently hold a record of 25 turns with Rosalina.

A little short story to tell. I went back to playing Crazy Orders again earlier in another attempt to break my record again but when I checked my rewards stash, I noticed I got a new Mii headgear so I stopped after 15 turns and challenged Crazy and Master Hand right away. After I beat them with only 11 HP left (I took quite a beating from them trying to get rid of the CPU Nesses) and obtained all of the **** I earned, I was able to finally beat the "Collect all the custom headgear" challenge after such a long time, leaving me with only challenges remaining. I ain't doing that **** again.

Supposedly, I was taking a break from playing Smash to focus mainly on games I've yet to finish but the only reason why I went back to it was to update it to the latest patch. I gotta do that for the 3DS version too.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Regarding Freedom Planet, my favorite character gameplay is probably Carol. That motorbike is tied with the Feather Cape, Curly Brace's Machine Gun, and Hyper Sonic as my favorite power ups in a video game. It just adds awesomeness to the character and takes away nothing.

I also grew accustomed to Milla's gameplay. With all her shortcomings, she has VERY defined strengths (particularly in no-selling Spade and Serpentine).

I haven't played Lilac in a while, but I wished the double Dragon Boost had more use.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Not as stupid as getting killed from her Farore's Wind.

And Crazy Order is pretty...well...crazy with all the random matches and ****. One time, I was getting close to beating it after 30 turns as Rosalina until a big *** Yoshi killed me with his up air. I quit after that.
That sucks. One time, I died from a knee by giant Captain Falcon and that made me set up hammers only along with golden ones, partner up with cpus on 8-man smash, and put his handicap at 30% and gave him hell by beating the s*** out of him with hammers. This is for me to break him until I'm satisfied.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That sucks. One time, I died from a knee by giant Captain Falcon and that made me set up hammers only along with golden ones, partner up with cpus on 8-man smash, and put his handicap at 30% and gave him hell by beating the s*** out of him with hammers. This is for me to break him until I'm satisfied.
Well now that I collecting every Mii headgear (thus breaking the challenge) in the game I have no to go back to playing Crazy Orders again.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Well now that I collecting every Mii headgear (thus breaking the challenge) in the game I have no to go back to playing Crazy Orders again.
I don't like Crazy Orders much, but yeah, at least you can enough equipments for yourself and amiibos to feed so that's something, but not much; As long as you don't get BS on, that is XD I still need to get customs for DLC characters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding Freedom Planet, my favorite character gameplay is probably Carol. That motorbike is tied with the Feather Cape, Curly Brace's Machine Gun, and Hyper Sonic as my favorite power ups in a video game. It just adds awesomeness to the character and takes away nothing.

I also grew accustomed to Milla's gameplay. With all her shortcomings, she has VERY defined strengths (particularly in no-selling Spade and Serpentine).

I haven't played Lilac in a while, but I wished the double Dragon Boost had more use.
Carol is a close second to Lilac but overall she just doesn't have that amazing flow that Lilac can accomplish when you wanna speed through a level (seriously, that stomp move is honestly the real amazing thing about Lilac). And while the motorbike is awesome, there are a few areas in the game where it's more of a hindrance, as it increases Carol's hurtbox and can make getting through tight areas a pain. I do like how it can be used on pressure sensitive buttons though.

As for Milla, I like her just fine, but she's a double edged sword kinda character, and Lilac can take bosses out super quick too when you know what you're doing. And overall, I think the level design accommodates her the least (which is why Aqua Tunnel is the most fun level with her, as it's specifically designed for her and her alone).

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I have all of the Mii hats except for the Regal Crown on the Wii U. Haven't gone back to do 7.0 Classic with everyone yet, but what's weird is the only character I have that qualifies so far who's beaten it on 7.5 is... Sheik. Don't know why, probably my brother or one of his friends since he doesn't even main Sheik.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got all of the hats on both versions a while ago.

I still need to get every custom on Wii U though.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I got all of the hats on both versions a while ago.

I still need to get every custom on Wii U though.
I got them a bit ago. I found that the all star on hard with everyone and 50,000 blocks on trophy rush with the characters who still needed their custom moves (plus beam sword and speed crasher equipment) got them relatively quickly. All I need for the game now is 300,000 G, but spectate is not going in my favor as well as it should.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just get really bad luck with custom moves on Wii U. I keep getting duplicates.

On 3DS, I got them all like a month after the game came out. Hats took much longer though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have all of the Mii hats except for the Regal Crown on the Wii U. Haven't gone back to do 7.0 Classic with everyone yet, but what's weird is the only character I have that qualifies so far who's beaten it on 7.5 is... Sheik. Don't know why, probably my brother or one of his friends since he doesn't even main Sheik.
I pretty much just Golden Hammered that challenge so that I didn't have to monkey around with it. I don't like the idea of playing the higher intensity levels with characters that I don't excel very well with anyway. Of course, I did have to complete solo intensity 8.0 with three different characters to get the two Master Fortress CDs.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, great. Now I'm curious. =/
I'm probably guessing it's partly because Peach doesn't look all that great in most of her game appearances. And of course, there's the fact that she almost always plays the role of the damsel in distress.

But whatever the reason, it's probably none of our business.

I just get really bad luck with custom moves on Wii U. I keep getting duplicates.

On 3DS, I got them all like a month after the game came out. Hats took much longer though.
Have you tried using the Target Blast method? That's how I was able to get the remaining custom special moves on my end.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did a fair bit of Target Blast but I honestly don't notice it being especially good.

My main method of getting customs is through Crazy Orders using the Home Run Bat method. If you go in with the character you want customs for, you have a chance of getting customs for them even if the series icon for your ticket doesn't match (for example, you can still get Rosalina customs if you play as Rosalina, and land on Zelda series tickets all of the time).

Also I sometimes let my Amiibos do it for me, but I feel like they nerfed this method, as they rarely give them to me anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did a fair bit of Target Blast but I honestly don't notice it being especially good.

My main method of getting customs is through Crazy Orders using the Home Run Bat method. If you go in with the character you want customs for, you have a chance of getting customs for them even if the series icon for your ticket doesn't match (for example, you can still get Rosalina customs if you play as Rosalina, and land on Zelda series tickets all of the time).

Also I sometimes let my Amiibos do it for me, but I feel like they nerfed this method, as they rarely give them to me anymore.
That really becomes a lot less effective once you're down to the wire with the missing custom special moves. Target Blast doesn't cost you any gold to play, and gives you better odds of acquiring a specific character's custom special moves if you know how to do the trick right. Sure it's not exactly a fast approach, but it'll do the job if you have the patience.

If anyone is wondering about the Target Blast trick, it basically goes as follows...
  1. Do one full game of Target Blast with character #1.
  2. Return to the character select screen and choose character #2.
  3. On your next Target Blast session, you'll have increased odds of acquiring character #1's custom special moves whenever you hit a target with the wrench icon, until you return back to the character select screen.
    • If you do return to the character select screen, then on your next Target Blast session, your odds of acquiring character #2's custom special moves will increase. This will, however, decrease your odds of acquiring character #1's custom special moves until you use him/her again in Target Blast.
Keep note that this will NOT work on Palutena and the Miis, since their custom special moves are available right off the bat. Likewise, this trick won't do anything for the DLC characters, since they don't have any custom special moves at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That really becomes a lot less effective once you're down to the wire with the missing custom special moves. Target Blast doesn't cost you any gold to play, and gives you better odds of acquiring a specific character's custom special moves if you know how to do the trick right. Sure it's not exactly a fast approach, but it'll do the job if you have the patience.

If anyone is wondering about the Target Blast trick, it basically goes as follows...
  1. Do one full game of Target Blast with character #1.
  2. Return to the character select screen and choose character #2.
  3. On your next Target Blast session, you'll have increased odds of acquiring character #1's custom special moves whenever you hit a target with the wrench icon, until you return back to the character select screen.
    • If you do return to the character select screen, then on your next Target Blast session, your odds of acquiring character #2's custom special moves will increase. This will, however, decrease your odds of acquiring character #1's custom special moves until you use him/her again in Target Blast.
Keep note that this will NOT work on Palutena and the Miis, since their custom special moves are available right off the bat. Likewise, this trick won't do anything for the DLC characters, since they don't have any custom special moves at all.
Eh, that seems too tricky to remember, and seems like it will not help in the long run.

I have over 50 Crazy Orders Passes (from doing literally everything else in the game) and I have plenty of gold (that I also never use) anyway, so the Crazy Orders method works fine for me.

I also play Smash Tour from time to time, I've found it a pretty good method too. Smash Tour also seems to give you lots of Crazy Orders Passes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eh, that seems too tricky to remember, and seems like it will not help in the long run.

I have over 50 Crazy Orders Passes (from doing literally everything else in the game) and I have plenty of gold (that I also never use) anyway, so the Crazy Orders method works fine for me.

I also play Smash Tour from time to time, I've found it a pretty good method too. Smash Tour also seems to give you lots of Crazy Orders Passes.
Do what you feel is best. I will admit that the Target Blast trick isn't exactly fast whenever the custom parts that you'll get can end up being equipment, Mii outfits, or Mii headgear as well, but it might be your last resort if none of the other game modes are doing anything for you.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And the more we talk about that worthless *****, the bitter I become.

Besides, I'd rather talk about Rosalina instead.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

Yup. Lots of gold, equipment, and taking the easy road. The downside is crapping luck, items, and cpus ganging up on you XD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Did I ever mention that she looks more beautiful in white than any of her other colors besides her default?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Peach and Zelda are both characters that are just sort of there for me. Forced by virtue of the fact they have been around since the first games in the series so they have to stick around, but they don't really go through development despite all the years they've been around (Peach because traditional Mario characters don't get much development, Zelda because her character is constantly rebooted because of the reincarnation thing). I at least quite like Zelda in Hyrule Warriors though, and Peach is OK in Super Paper Mario.

Rosalina on the other hand, due to being new, doesn't have to adhere to traditions in her character portrayals. While they have a base for her (motherly, calm, collected, caring, and powerful), they further flesh out and experiment with her character in each game, be it in small bits or big chunks. That's why she's the best female Nintendo character IMO. She isn't too simple, but isn't too complex. She's unfathomably powerful, and has duties of cosmic proportions, but her motherly nature and her tear jerking backstory, as well as her various interests, give her a sense of humanity despite all of that. And since she isn't a cornerstone character like Peach or Zelda, they can develop her character and add on to it meaning Rosalina always offers something fresh for fans and newcomers to appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom