• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I felt bad for voting because my two most wanted characters (Rosalina and Palutena) were already put in the game. I ended up voting for Wolf like four days ago, the game will never feel complete until he's in (provided they give him a new Final Smash and don't butcher his voice like Fox and Falco). My brother really wants Captain Toad so he has my moral support.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina and Lucina were my most wanted newcomers for Sm4sh and once they were confirmed, I didn't care who else makes the cut. And yeah, they really ****ed Fox and Falco up real bad, especially Fox. I'm hoping they would reuse Wolf's voice clips from Brawl rather than having that British accent from Star Fox 64 3D. The Star Fox series feels like it's being unappreciated around here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I recently was catching up on the Star Fox games but I ended up going over to Kingdom Hearts in the middle of that. I'm almost done with that now (I bought Re:Coded the other day despite watching the HD movie summary, since the game looks fun and it is now that I've started playing it - though I will still revisit KH games before 2.8 comes out next year so I can 100% them and get all of the PSN trophies in them), so I'll try to get back to Star Fox soon.

The only Star Fox games I have left to do are Adventures and Command. I already started the former on my laptop but it wasn't working right so I'll try it on my brother's computer. I also bought Command when it released on the Wii U eShop recently.

Star Fox: Zero was gonna be my big holiday game but Miyamoto changed that by delaying it and now Nintendo AND myself have no truly worthy holiday game on Wii U. I might settle with Zelda: Triforce Heroes, but then Nintendo just announced that that game's online is regional only, and I was really hoping to play online with my friend in New York. Can't do that now though, so the game lost some of it's appeal for me. I would have nobody to play with locally and I honestly don't have any close online friends in Europe or anything.

As far as Fox and Falco go in Smash, I actually like playing as them, but Fox's voice is totally messed up (Falco doesn't sound bad but I do prefer hardcore Brooklyn Falco). Fox and Falco are examples of characters that "Smash kinda spoils" IMO. Or really, the Smash fanbase spoils.

I honestly think the same for Rosalina to be perfectly blunt, but to a much smaller extent, because most of the Smash fanbase seem to have a problem with her to begin with anyway, and I just like her too much outside of Smash anyway.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Rosalina and Lucina were my most wanted newcomers for Sm4sh and once they were confirmed, I didn't care who else makes the cut. And yeah, they really ****ed Fox and Falco up real bad, especially Fox. I'm hoping they would reuse Wolf's voice clips from Brawl rather than having that British accent from Star Fox 64 3D. The Star Fox series feels like it's being unappreciated around here.
Yup and now, Fox is a nerd XD At least Falco's voice is alittle better than Fox's, but still crap compare to Brawl. As for Wolf, I think they will since they did it to Fox and Falco.
Thanks for the long tip, you can repost this in the MU thread.
By the way, I thought about of what you said and I did it on the Rosalina and Rob MU, but with more information to my best ability so check it out if you want more information to use against Rob.

Also, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad . You can check that out as well if you want some more info for your Rosalina on Rob because I saw your video.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I felt bad for voting because my two most wanted characters (Rosalina and Palutena) were already put in the game. I ended up voting for Wolf like four days ago, the game will never feel complete until he's in (provided they give him a new Final Smash and don't butcher his voice like Fox and Falco). My brother really wants Captain Toad so he has my moral support.
I feel that Wolf needs to be back too, we got Lucas, there shouldn't be any more excuse for not putting Wolf in.
And welcome back Krazy4Krash Krazy4Krash , haven't seen you for a while.

By the way, I thought about of what you said and I did it on the Rosalina and Rob MU, but with more information to my best ability so check it out if you want more information to use against Rob.
Thanks, I will check it out soon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shantae's regular outfit isn't that bad IMO. I mean Palutena has visible cleavage in this game, so it's actually not new territory anymore. Granted Shantae is showing a bit more than Palutena, but other than that, Shantae's design is completely safe. Her legs are completely covered and there is nothing wrong with bare arms in most cultures (even Rosalina exposes her shoulders).

Granted I know there are a lot of people who want Shantae in Smash for sex appeal, but I don't think her design is inappropriate. It's definitely not Tharja levels.

Just don't expect Shantae's "Space Princess" outfit as an alt, that's definitely too lewd for Smash, haha.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yup and now, Fox is a nerd XD At least Falco's voice is alittle better than Fox's, but still crap compare to Brawl. As for Wolf, I think they will since they did it to Fox and Falco.
I'd be slightly disappointed if they did **** him up like they did with Fox and Falco, but he would still become one of my mains anyways though I would have to drop Falco to do so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lucas's voice clips never changed, so who's to say that Wolf's voice clips will be reused as well?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Lucas's voice clips never changed, so who's to say that Wolf's voice clips will be reused as well?
I doubt it, but we'll see if Jay Ward that voiced him on Brawl, stays for Smash 4 and Jaz Adams as Wolf's current voice actor, takes the role on Smash 4. If so, then they better not come up with corny lines like with Sonic and Pit. Otherwise, his voice may be worse next to Fox and Sonic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I doubt it, but we'll see if Jay Ward that voiced him on Brawl, stays for Smash 4 and Jaz Adams as Wolf's current voice actor, takes the role on Smash 4. If so, then they better not come up with corny lines like with Sonic and Pit. Otherwise, his voice may be worse next to Fox and Sonic.
What's wrong with Sonic's voice? Roger Craig Smith is a great voice for him.

In Smash 4, they recycled his clips from some recent Sonic games, though the placement is a little odd.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just pray they reuse his Brawl voice clips if they confirm him. I still like playing as Fox despite his terrible voice and Pit sounds like some whiny 10 year-old brat begging for some ice cream (I prefer Dark Pit because he's more mature than him).

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

In Smash 4, they recycled his clips from some recent Sonic games, though the placement is a little odd.
Sorry dude, but I just think that he makes Sonic sound lame and corny so this is just my opinion and I respect your. Jason Griffith at least sounds cooler at Brawl which he should had been in Smash 4 in my opinion; Jason's ok while Ryan Drummond is the best Sonic voice actor in my book

I just pray they reuse his Brawl voice clips if they confirm him. I still like playing as Fox despite his terrible voice and Pit sounds like some whiny 10 year-old brat begging for some ice cream (I prefer Dark Pit because he's more mature than him).
I agree with Pit's voice on Smash 4, but at least his voice is not worse than Fox and Sonic. In Brawl, he sounds better along with Sonic, Fox, and Falco. I hope so too, on Wolf in Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess I'm just saying this because of the fact that Wolf has absolutely no involvement with any of the Orbital Gate Assault secret taunt conversations; this means that you never hear his new voice actor at all in Smash 4. Also, since Lylat Cruise is a past stage, Nintendo can easily reuse all the voice clips for Wolf's secret taunt conversations, along with Wolf's Brawl voice clips, without having to ask anyone to redo them.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I guess I'm just saying this because of the fact that Wolf has absolutely no involvement with any of the Orbital Gate Assault secret taunt conversations; this means that you never hear his new voice actor at all in Smash 4. Also, since Lylat Cruise is a past stage, Nintendo can easily reuse all the voice clips for Wolf's secret taunt conversations, along with Wolf's Brawl voice clips, without having to ask anyone to redo them.
Ummm, Good point. Maybe they use Jay Ward if your prediction is right. Maybe so. But like I said, we'll see what happens if Wolf comes.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Regarding Falco, they actually couldn't get his Assault voice, so they had the ROB64 voice actor imitate him and went a bit overboard with the Brookland Rage.

Regardless I'm actually looking forward to British Wolf voice in the game. I liked how he sounded with that. Also it would be a crime if they didn't put in "you're good, BUT I'M BETTAH!" quote in the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You felt bad just because your two most wanted are already in?

Like you, I also got the two characters I most wanted :rosalina::4greninja: but that didn't stop me for voting, a lot.

On discussion of voices, I think the only character get new lines are those who need them.

Fox and Falco needed them for the new Star Fox easter eggs
Lucario got new lines because of his new final smash
Kirby got them because new hats
Ness got them because of PK Freeze and because he shares the same VA as Kirby
Roy and Mewtwo got them because Sakurai has stated that porting from Melee is difficult as its too outdated
Pit got some for all the new stuff he got
Sonic is a bit of an odd one out but the most likely reason is sega wanting them to use his most recent VA, but the hate for that taunt could be another reason.

pity they couldn't keep him mute, I didn't like his voice in Brawl or here, I actually don't like sonic and that stupid attitude of his.

In other completely unrelated news, I'm looking forward to finally being able to play as Skull Kid in something.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding Falco, they actually couldn't get his Assault voice, so they had the ROB64 voice actor imitate him and went a bit overboard with the Brookland Rage.

Regardless I'm actually looking forward to British Wolf voice in the game. I liked how he sounded with that. Also it would be a crime if they didn't put in "you're good, BUT I'M BETTAH!" quote in the game.
You still can't forget the following quotes...

"We're gonna have fun with this thing."
"What's the matter, scared?"
"Weaklings, the bunch of you!"
"I will be the one to take you down!"
"Play time's over, Star Fox!"

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess my solution would be to make Shantae's outfit less revealing by covering more of her skin.
I think her outfit is fine already.
I'm here all the time, just hardly ever post as I don't often have much to say.
OK... I see...
Well, I do come here all the time as well and I just post things I want to say, but yeah, there are times I just check the thread and not reply.

Yeah, I think his voice made Sonic sound cooler.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I want to spark discussion so I say we talk about this
Wasn't this poster had been talked about after Rosalina was announced?
Well, I really like this post, but I also had thought they could have make it better.

My brother thinks that Fox will feel awkward that he doesn't need an Arwing to fly. Of course I know there are memes that Fox is in a position that can see Rosalina's underskirt, but we all know her underskirt are just galaxies, so no big deal.

I don't live in the region that has club Nintendo, so getting this poster is nearly impossible for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That poster is the first thing I see when I wake up every morning. I have it stuck up on the wall opposite my bed.

Not much to say about it, other than that Fox is staring into Rosalina's cosmos quite intently. He's probably thinking about taking his Arwing inside it to explore....f-f-for research purposes, of course...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got the poster of that right here in a nice looking black frame I bought for it. I look at that at least once every single day.

I'm not sure what to do with the Villager and exotic dancer ones since I was only interested in the Rosie one.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I'm jealous of you folks, our Club Nintendo never got any Smash posters. I'd love the Palutena one too, I'd just have to resort to spending $80 on eBay, which I don't feel like doing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm jealous of you folks, our Club Nintendo never got any Smash posters. I'd love the Palutena one too, I'd just have to resort to spending $80 on eBay, which I don't feel like doing.
They're actually selling those on eBay? Why am I not surprised?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMAG0253.jpg

This is my one. I don't live in the US but my friend who lives in New York got me the posters last Christmas. And the Rosalina Gashapon.

Also while I'm at it, I posted a picture of all the plushies I have on another forum, thought you guys might like it:

IMAG0252.jpg

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So glad I own this poster. I'm seriously lacking Rosalina merch beyond the poster and her amiibo.
That poster is the first thing I see when I wake up every morning. I have it stuck up on the wall opposite my bed.

Not much to say about it, other than that Fox is staring into Rosalina's cosmos quite intently. He's probably thinking about taking his Arwing inside it to explore....f-f-for research purposes, of course...

For Barrel Roll purposes, obviously.
They're actually selling those on eBay? Why am I not surprised?
Because eBay.
View attachment 77093
This is my one. I don't live in the US but my friend who lives in New York got me the posters last Christmas. And the Rosalina Gashapon.

Also while I'm at it, I posted a picture of all the plushies I have on another forum, thought you guys might like it:

View attachment 77094
Cat Rosalina: "Antennae is fun." :3

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
There isn't even Club Nintendo in my country, I can't even buy those online...
Cat Rosalina: "Antennae is fun." :3
I want that Kirby plushie...

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I may get a poster of Rosalina or that one, someday if I feel like it; However, if I have to pick a place to shop online, it will not be eBay XD

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
our boards match up thread is the best on this website by far. We actually have ratios discussions and and organized table of all our match ups. I look at other forums and cant find a thing about more than like 3 other matchups, even other top tiers arent as well developed as us in their mu discussions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The organisation is good here but I find the discussion itself very lacking.

I am also not a fan of the ratio system.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
our boards match up thread is the best on this website by far. We actually have ratios discussions and and organized table of all our match ups. I look at other forums and cant find a thing about more than like 3 other matchups, even other top tiers arent as well developed as us in their mu discussions.
I don't see any organized tables at Charizard's sub-forum.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He's talking about the Rosalina subforum.

Or at least I assume so judging by the fact Rosalina is listed as one of his mains in his little profile thumbnail thingermajigger...
Oh, I just assumed that vegeta18 vegeta18 was referring to Charizard, since he's using a Charizard avatar, and Charizard is set as his Smash 3DS main. My bad.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
my bad, i thought when i said our boards it would indicate i was talking about rosalina, but i see how that could have been really confusing. I was talking about the rosalina forums.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Here's an epic remix of Good Egg Galaxy by GlitchxCity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8jKVYDOwG8

I'm not including the thumbnail just in case there's an issue with it. It's a Rosalina artwork that has been harmlessly featured here, however in the video it does pan downward, and the comment section is lenny face galore. But it's not meant to detract from what a great remix this is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's an epic remix of Good Egg Galaxy by GlitchxCity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8jKVYDOwG8

I'm not including the thumbnail just in case there's an issue with it. It's a Rosalina artwork that has been harmlessly featured here, however in the video it does pan downward, and the comment section is lenny face galore. But it's not meant to detract from what a great remix this is.
Entrancing remix, beautiful art (it's seriously one of my favourite art pieces in general), and a nice visual effect to compliment the art.

Dunno why people are making such a kerfuffle about the image in the comments. I've noticed that people make an especially big kerfuffle if people find Rosalina sexy, more so than they do with other characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom