• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Gosh, how in the world does that video thumbnail count as inappropriate content? I know there were some artwork in that thumbnail sure looks a bit inappropriate but can't believe that will give me a warning.
I would say post the link, next time because others may think its inappropriate.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I got a care package today.

The Rosalina shirt had a REALLY strong smell of vinegar coming off it for some reason, though...it's kinda died down since I've started wearing it though.

Also my Rosalina collection is complete now I guess!

Also, Mini-miibo:

So where can I get this package? Also I LOVE that shirt~! <3

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hiya, galactic mothers and cosmic children!

The Pit / Dark Pit board has decided to redo the Rosalina matchup discssuon, so we need your feedback!

Click here to fly waaaay over to Skyworld!

Just a heads-up: if you see the big soul-eating abomination in outer space, you've gone too far.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Gosh, how in the world does that video thumbnail count as inappropriate content? I know there were some artwork in that thumbnail sure looks a bit inappropriate but can't believe that will give me a warning.
Did you even looked at the thumbnail before posting that video?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The Pit / Dark Pit board has decided to redo the Rosalina matchup discssuon, so we need your feedback!

Just a heads-up: if you see the big soul-eating abomination in outer space, you've gone too far.
Not sure if the new patch will effect the MU discussion or not...
Did you even looked at the thumbnail before posting that video?
I didn't know it was that inappropriate.

And nice new sig!

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not sure if the new patch will effect the MU discussion or not...
From my understanding, Pit / Dark Pit didn't change.

Rosalina had some buffs on her customs, but nothing substantial to her default kit.

I don't think it makes a big difference.

Either way, if you want to get involved in the discussion, go right ahead and comment!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

You are aware that Pit and Dark Pit are separated at Rosalina's sub-forum, right? Because the two aren't completely alike in the moveset department, just be aware that any feedback that you receive might be for one fighter, but not the other.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You are aware that Pit and Dark Pit are separated at Rosalina's sub-forum, right? Because the two aren't completely alike in the moveset department, just be aware that any feedback that you receive might be for one fighter, but not the other.
I know.

We take that into account if it's relevant.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Literally the only differences between the two for Rosalina that are worth mentioning are that Vani-...I mean, Dark Pit's forward tilt won't KO Rosalina or Luma as early, and Side B should mostly focus on Rosalina with Pit, and on Luma with Dark Pit.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Okay, this morning I saw a video about sexiest Nintendo characters, I was completely not surprised that Rosalina made in to this list,however Nathaniel actually describe Rosalina quite well in this video. But No 1 could be quite surprising.
And gosh, did I mention this videos thumbnail is even a bit too suggestive that it gave me warning? The thumbnail already spoil some of the characters that made on to this list though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJWI0W5Oq94

Moderator Edit: The video has an image that's too suggestive for the SmashBoards. As a result, it has been removed.

User Edit: Personally think this kind of action is a bit overwhelmed, but still, I will repost the video then. But just post the link.
Interesting video. Obviously Rosalina is too low on the list in my opinion. I mean, everything about her is just beautiful. I propose that Rosalicious be a thing now.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...Huh-oh, what? Sorry, I got uh, *cough* distracted. Anyway, I'm honestly happy that we have more added DLC beyond Mario Maker, especially the Pirate Ship stage returning because I know many people wanted that to return. Also, here's another gorgeous Rosalina pic. It looks similar to sakimichan's, but it's still great.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Interesting video. Obviously Rosalina is too low on the list in my opinion. I mean, everything about her is just beautiful. I propose that Rosalicious be a thing now.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
...Huh-oh, what? Sorry, I got uh, *cough* distracted. Anyway, I'm honestly happy that we have more added DLC beyond Mario Maker, especially the Pirate Ship stage returning because I know many people wanted that to return. Also, here's another gorgeous Rosalina pic. It looks similar to sakimichan's, but it's still great.
I will say she is beautiful and gorgeous in every way. I wouldn't call it "sexy". I ain't right for me to refer to a female video game character as sexy.
And I'm already having a field day with the Mario Maker stage on the 3DS version. I'm gonna update the Wii U version as well after I eat my morning breakfast.
And OMG. That pic is not just gorgeous, it's beautiful.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will say she is beautiful and gorgeous in every way. I wouldn't call it "sexy". I ain't right for me to call a female video game character sexy.
I agree.
And I'm already having a field day with the Mario Maker stage on the 3DS version. I'm gonna update the Wii U version as well after I eat my morning breakfast.
There's no Wifi in my room, I could go to the first floor of my dorm and get Wifi, but it requires password that can only be get from the counter.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
From my understanding, Pit / Dark Pit didn't change.

Rosalina had some buffs on her customs, but nothing substantial to her default kit.

I don't think it makes a big difference.

Either way, if you want to get involved in the discussion, go right ahead and comment!
What
what what what
Buffs on her customs? Sounds great to me!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The first ever balance patch did actually make a change to Guardian Luma. You used to be able to use it to extend your jump height, but you can't anymore.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The first ever balance patch did actually make a change to Guardian Luma. You used to be able to use it to extend your jump height, but you can't anymore.
Oh great. Now they touch her, too? I have lost more respect for the community, now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a universal nerf to everyone. Ledge get up attacks now do less shield damage.

A rather random thing, but yeah.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Literally the only differences between the two for Rosalina that are worth mentioning are that Vani-...I mean, Dark Pit's forward tilt won't KO Rosalina or Luma as early, and Side B should mostly focus on Rosalina with Pit, and on Luma with Dark Pit.
Pit's arrows can snipe Rosie, while Pitoo's can't.

Just a tiny detail that may or may not be useful. :3

What
what what what
Buffs on her customs? Sounds great to me!
Tiny buffs, I think it tweaked some damage here and there?

Either way, it's good news for Rosie fans!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pit's arrows can snipe Rosie, while Pitoo's can't.

Just a tiny detail that may or may not be useful. :3
That's not all that viable since Luma often gets in the way, she can GP it, and a lot of her moves will just cancel out the arrows (if not dodge them). So I didn't bother mentioning it.

It's a difference but it means virtually nothing in this MU.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tiny buffs, I think it tweaked some damage here and there?

Either way, it's good news for Rosie fans!
Guardian Luma actually got a major change in that it now only has a single hitbox which deals 5% damage, and its knockback is stronger as well. Before the update, you couldn't KO Mario with Guardian Luma until his current damage goes over 290%, AND you hit with the 5% damage hitbox. Now, Mario gets KO'd by Guardian Luma when his current damage hits 269% at most Smash 3DS Omega Form stages.

As for Smash Wii U, it seems that Mario gets KO'd by Guardian Luma once his current damage hits 253%, but I have yet to actually test this in Smash Wii U, since I only saw this occur at the 3DS version of the Omega Form Super Mario Maker stage.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That's not all that viable since Luma often gets in the way, she can GP it, and a lot of her moves will just cancel out the arrows (if not dodge them). So I didn't bother mentioning it.

It's a difference but it means virtually nothing in this MU.
That's fair. I'm just saying it's a difference. :3

Guardian Luma actually got a major change in that it now only has a single hitbox which deals 5% damage, and its knockback is stronger as well. Before the update, you couldn't KO Mario with Guardian Luma until his current damage goes over 290%, AND you hit with the 5% damage hitbox. Now, Mario gets KO'd by Guardian Luma when his current damage hits 269% at most Smash 3DS Omega Form stages.

As for Smash Wii U, it seems that Mario gets KO'd by Guardian Luma once his current damage hits 253%, but I have yet to actually test this in Smash Wii U, since I only saw this occur at the 3DS version of the Omega Form Super Mario Maker stage.
Hey, that's pretty cool!

Good time to be a Rosie player, eh~?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Rosalina changes are neat, but she didn't need the changes she got. Guardian Luma was already a very good move. Not that I don't appreciate it being buffed, but it was unnecessary and will just fuel the Rosalina hate fire.

I just want them to fix her grabs, and if any one move needs a buff, it's her Catch & Release custom. It's easily her worst move and has little viability in competitive play.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Rosalina changes are neat, but she didn't need the changes she got. Guardian Luma was already a very good move. Not that I don't appreciate it being buffed, but it was unnecessary and will just fuel the Rosalina hate fire.

I just want them to fix her grabs, and if any one move needs a buff, it's her Catch & Release custom. It's easily her worst move and has little viability in competitive play.
The changes to Guardian Luma won't change anything if you're not allowed to use customizations anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What's wrong with her grabs? They seem fine to me.
Their range is inconsistent with the animation, and they act quirky with certain characters.

At the very least, I'd just like a visual indicator of where her grab range is. That way, I don't get frustrated when it looks like she totally should have connected, but she doesn't, and I can practice and master it. As it is now, I still to this day cannot get her grabs in with consistency. Rosalina, Mewtwo, and Palutena are the only characters where I have this problem, and it's because they all have weird "force choke" grabs.

The problem isn't that her grab range is too small - I have grabbed people from really far away before, and I know her pivot grab range is exceptional - but it seems terribly inconsistent. I did a study on it and it definitely has inconsistencies with the animation, making it hard to practice accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom