• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wish they would've added this YouTube uploader feature before the first balance patch came out...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wish they would've added this YouTube uploader feature before the first balance patch came out...
Sadly, some user has confirmed that the replays that you upload onto YouTube can't be longer than 3 minutes in length, which is a huge downer when you consider that replays can be as long as 10 minutes. But at least it's two minutes longer than the maximum time limit for Mario Kart 8's highlight reels.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

This is really cute.
Wow this gif pic looks amazing! Love to see Rosalina in ponytail!
It's sad, but that's what happens whenever updates are also balance patches at the same time. The replays are just coding that replicates a match, which uses a lot less memory than actually making a video file.
Yeah, even though sometimes I don't have time to look at my replays, some of the replays were pretty amazing.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I once traded a Falcon Punch with a Ryu's U-smash and he barely won the race to the blast zone (AKA he lost).

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once had landed a LM's Side-B off the edge on my last stock and managed to hit Ike out of his Quick Draw, instantly killing him before I myself fall to the blast zone.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once killed a Sheik with a 128% rage with Luigi with U-throw airdodge bait + Rising nado and killed her at like 55%.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once went tryhard on a D3, combing him to like 120% and stupidly dying because I got hit by his Up-B spike when trying to gimp him and die at like 20%.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

Patch 1.1.0 is in my 3DS.

My main Luigi got buffed.

(Near) NO REGRETS!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I once traded a Falcon Punch with a Ryu's U-smash and he barely won the race to the blast zone (AKA he lost).

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once had landed a LM's Side-B off the edge on my last stock and managed to hit Ike out of his Quick Draw, instantly killing him before I myself fall to the blast zone.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once killed a Sheik with a 128% rage with Luigi with U-throw airdodge bait + Rising nado and killed her at like 55%.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

I once went tryhard on a D3, combing him to like 120% and stupidly dying because I got hit by his Up-B spike when trying to gimp him and die at like 20%.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

(Near) NO REGRETS!
I remember I did a Rosalina & Luma combo on Roy.
Saved a reply.
Now it's broken.

I use FLUDD to KO captain Falcon two times, and eventually 4 stocked him.
Saved a replay.
Now it's broken.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It doesn't help knowing that Tourney is an online only game mode. You could do offline Tourney in Brawl, so it's one heck of a downgrade if you asked me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's probably the one let down, but that shouldn't matter for just a silly online tournament between members of this social.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
So we are going free-for-all?
I've never been able to have a match with less than three players(barring normal tourneys, of course).
I wouldn't have too much of a problem nevertheless, if it wasn't that I would most likely find myself alone since in this exact moment in Italy it's 4:00 pm, while in Ireland it's 3:00 pm, in Washington it's 10:00 a.m., in Honolulu 4:00 a.m. and it's 10:00pm in Taiwan. We are kinda scattered among timelines.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So we are going free-for-all?
I've never been able to have a match with less than three players(barring normal tourneys, of course).
I wouldn't have too much of a problem nevertheless, if it wasn't that I would most likely find myself alone since in this exact moment in Italy it's 4:00 pm, while in Ireland it's 3:00 pm, in Washington it's 10:00 a.m., in Honolulu 4:00 a.m. and it's midnight in Taiwan. We are kinda scattered among timelines.
Uh... no, Taiwan is 10:04 pm when I made this post...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Time zones are something we can work out.

I might make a topic for it and then try to round up people and we can all organise a time.

Also the tournament would just be for the purpose of us playing together, we wouldn't have to play as Rosalina or anything. I can't limit it to that even if I want to.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Right now it's 4:15 p.m., Italy is GMT+2 during summertime and GMT+1 in wintertime. I miscalculated because of it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm east cost time right here in the U.S. Like it's 15 minutes until 2:00 p.m. when I made this post.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
The latest update came to me by surprise. I woke up this morning to see that it had already been installed on my Wii U. I'm very glad I recorded all my replays last night, or else I would have lost them forever. I might share a few soon. My condolences to anybody who lost some replays dear to them. Mine weren't that great. Is there any way to opt out of automatic updates to avoid another close call?

If anybody wants some of their replays recorded with a capture card in the future, I'm willing to do it as service for fellow Rosalina mains. The new YouTube upload feature only allows for 3-minute uploads at 30fps, and I can do better than that. :)

Also, a tournament would be fun, I haven't really had the opportunity to try it out yet. Since I'm in Australia my preferred time would be rather awkward compared to most of you guys. I don't expect a word-around but I'll try to participate if it fits.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

Saved a replay.

Now it's broken.

(Near) NO REGRETS!
As Little Mac, I fought a Pac Man who used the third jump of his Trampoline and landed onstage right into a K.O. Uppercut.
Saved a replay.
Now it's broken.

I spiked that same Pac Man user as Rosalina. What makes this one so special is that it was the first time I spiked anyone with her down air.
Saved a replay.
Now it's broken.

I survived at around 150% damage as Rosalina when I killed a Mario with a well timed up air.
Saved a replay.
Now it's broken.

As Little Mac, I killed an Ike trying to counter a K.O. Uppercut leaving himself exposed to it.
Saved a replay.
Now it's broken.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
The rulesets, apparently they're 3 minutes and the winner is decided by how much percent you dealt.
Yep, and you cant hold your own brackettournaments, they are automaticly hosted by nintendos server or something like that. The other tourneys are just ffa too, you cant decide if you want 4 players or 2, and no option for teams at all.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was once fighting this Ganondorf as Rosalina. I was annihilating him, I mean he was absolutely helpless. I had Luma guarding the edge while I took center stage, and I was Wombo Combo-ing him back and forth. I decided to give him a chance and call Luma back, so I got him offstage and didn't send Luma out. He landed exactly the distance away from me as an uncharged Luma Shot, so unable to help myself, I went back on my word and sent him out. Granted, I was feeling particularly cocky that day. By now, he was so used to Luma battering him that he shielded on instinct. I predicted this, and right, immediately, exactly when he dropped his shield, Luma forward smashed him. Needless to say, I two-stocked him.
And now it's gone. Why Sakurai?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The latest update came to me by surprise. I woke up this morning to see that it had already been installed on my Wii U. I'm very glad I recorded all my replays last night, or else I would have lost them forever. I might share a few soon. My condolences to anybody who lost some replays dear to them. Mine weren't that great. Is there any way to opt out of automatic updates to avoid another close call?

If anybody wants some of their replays recorded with a capture card in the future, I'm willing to do it as service for fellow Rosalina mains. The new YouTube upload feature only allows for 3-minute uploads at 30fps, and I can do better than that. :)

Also, a tournament would be fun, I haven't really had the opportunity to try it out yet. Since I'm in Australia my preferred time would be rather awkward compared to most of you guys. I don't expect a word-around but I'll try to participate if it fits.
So does anyone know that Rosalina has any changes or not?
I'm also in Eastern Standard Time. It's 2:00 PM right now.
It's 2:00 AM when you made that post. Our days are upside down!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, Rosalina received no changes. That's why I said I'm glad Sakurai left her alone.
Sort of, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad said that her Fsmash has a bit more knockback. But I don't think that's true...
Really wish there was a easy wat to save 3DS replays. Using my phone just feels so lame lol

Ohh I didn't realize this was animated. It's very adorable now that I see it.
I like how this artist draw Rosalina :) Her drawing style seems to be the reference of HunterXHunter's style. One of my favorite anime, love it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nah, probably just placebo. Her forward smash is unchanged as far as I know. Although it would be nice to have reliable forward smash without Luma.
Agreed.
And hey @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor , I thought you used to be in Mario threads for most of the time. What's the cause for you to come to this thread recently? Mario patch changes thread is the most quiet right? While many other characters are discussing their changes.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Agreed.
And hey @ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor , I thought you used to be in Mario threads for most of the time. What's the cause for you to come to this thread recently? Mario patch changes thread is the most quiet right? While many other characters are discussing their changes.
Yes, the Mario patch thread is rather quiet. I'm not just limited to Mario, you know. Mario is my main man, but I also main Jigglypuff and Rosalina, and second Doc, Luigi, and Roy.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, the Mario patch thread is rather quiet. I'm not just limited to Mario, you know. Mario is my main man, but I also main Jigglypuff and Rosalina, and second Doc, Luigi, and Roy.
Wow, you are like me who is a multi character main as well then lol.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So yesterday was my one year anniversary of when I joined Smashboards. A whole lot has happened since then. How times have changed.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Good delayed annyversary, then.
I remember when this thread barely started.
Regarding replays, I just dodged to save them. Made an hard read that with the patch would have come a bakance change.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So yesterday was my one year anniversary of when I joined Smashboards. A whole lot has happened since then. How times have changed.
So am I here! We joined Smashboards exactly at the same date right? Well... maybe not at the exact time... because I haven't got the trophy points for it yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom