• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It says the Super Mario Maker is going to have 99 amiibo costumes.
Rosalina is surely going to be included.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Brawl was already dying before Project M came out.

And if you really know people who traded in Smash Wii U over Suzaku Castle being ported into Brawl, then those people are an isolated case. They are also quite silly, as Suzaku Castle is not a very exceptional stage and I find it hard to believe someone would buy $400 worth of stuff, only to trade it in the next day for $10. You'd have to be incredibly dim to go and do that.
Brawl was still alive...on the casual side. Project M killed off both scenes of Brawl. They said it was worth the $400 gone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Brawl was still alive...on the casual side. Project M killed off both scenes of Brawl. They said it was worth the $400 gone.
Brawl was still alive on the casual side. Most casuals wouldn't ever hear about Project M, let alone understand how to install it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Brawl was still alive on the casual side. Most casuals wouldn't ever hear about Project M, let alone understand how to install it.
And at this point, the fact that Nintendo WFC has discontinued means that you can't do any online matches in Brawl anymore; you can only do competitive matches locally now.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
And at this point, the fact that Nintendo WFC has discontinued means that you can't do any online matches in Brawl anymore; you can only do competitive matches locally now.
Wii games are still playable online if you use the custom servers. I don't know if all Wii games are supported by this custom server. I know that Mario Kart Wii, Mario Strikers Charged, and Brawl are still playable online.

Last edited:

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
This is so beautiful...

I honestly wish we had the Cosmic Spirit as a skin for Rosalina in SSB4. If I ever get back into modding, I'm gonna try to texture mod Rosalina to look like the Cosmic Spirit, but only when it's easier to mod on the Wii U.
I really like how Cosmic Spirit Rosa looks in general and this is amazing and I really^6 like it

I found a good reaction image for us to use.

It's based on official art of Mario:

That's pretty cool. I went ahead and modified it a wee bit to remove some of the barely visible choppiness, and made a smaller more in-line friendly/less laggy version:
edit: these weren't working, see my later post for the images...

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really like how Cosmic Spirit Rosa looks in general and this is amazing and I really^6 like it

That's pretty cool. I went ahead and modified it a wee bit to remove some of the barely visible choppiness, and made a smaller more in-line friendly/less laggy version:

Urgh I don't know if it's my PC, I can't see gif pic on most websites.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Images aren't showing up, pal.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I can't see those images, home boy.

Last edited:

PuzzlerBoy

Smash Rookie
aw geez they showed up just fine for me on the forums... Here they are again with tinypic as host - sorry guys :(

working now?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was able to see one of my own drawings at the Miiverse stage earlier. One of Swiftie★'s drawings made an appearance as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So since we were talking about Smash Wii U mods the other day...

I told you guys. We don't need that long to start feasibly modding the game.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only it were possible to modify Rosalina's animation data. It would be quite nice to make Rosalina smile a lot more often than she does now, while the creepy expressions would only be for whenever she takes any damage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If only it were possible to modify Rosalina's animation data. It would be quite nice to make Rosalina smile a lot more often than she does now, while the creepy expressions would only be for whenever she takes any damage.
Her tumble/shield break/d-tilt expressions are precious.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Uh, I find smiling animations being the most worrying, mostly a matter of her eyes, wich when taken a screenshot of, look like she is staring, mostly because of how slim her iris are. That combination usually means anticipation of what is going to happen, but if there is no clear reason to smile, then the combination usually gets received as psycopathic behavoir.
This is the prime reason for Killager being a thing, it wouldn't be like that if he didn't stare at his opponent with giant void eyes and smiling while the latter gets chopped.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It looks psychopathic but also funny.

For the tumble and shield break animations, I take it as being part of the "she doesn't feel pain" thing Sakurai mentioned.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It looks psychopathic but also funny.

For the tumble and shield break animations, I take it as being part of the "she doesn't feel pain" thing Sakurai mentioned.
When did he mentioned that?

Why would she need to smile more often? Her animations are well like that.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I lost when he said that.
Anyway, I wouldn't expect one to smile with an open mouth to sign that one doesn't feel pain.
And one wouldn't smile at all in those situation if he doesn't in its idle stance, unless he's a masochist and likes getting hurt.
Simply put, if one, via something changes from his natural state into a different state then that something triggered the change, if it wasn't clear.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When did he mentioned that?

Why would she need to smile more often? Her animations are well like that.

"Nonchalant" means to not exhibit pain, anxiety, fear, enthusiasm, etc.

For Rosalina to be "nonchalant" while taking damage would imply she isn't feeling any pain. Which isn't surprising, considering what she is.

Even her Star KO voice clip sounds like her badly acting.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Uh, wasn't her voice ripped off unused Mario Golf clips or something?
Poor acting would be the best scenario, and personally I thought worse considering the person behind voice, but that's me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Uh, wasn't her voice ripped off unused Mario Golf clips or something?
Poor acting would be the best scenario, and personally I thought worse considering the person behind voice, but that's me.
I believe so, but I'm not sure what you're getting at.

What I was meaning to say was that the voice clip seems to intentionally convey a sense of "aaaaah wow guys this totally hurt and i am not faking, great job on taking a stock from me!".

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

"Nonchalant" means to not exhibit pain, anxiety, fear, enthusiasm, etc.

For Rosalina to be "nonchalant" while taking damage would imply she isn't feeling any pain. Which isn't surprising, considering what she is.
I was sure you were talking about that...
From Cambrige dictionary on the Internet: "behaving in a calme manner, often in a way that suggest you are not interested or do not care"
She just isn't the type to make big noises and move a lot when being hurt... Or she perhaps ignore the pain, but she certainly feels it. I would like to agree with you, but the only source I would have is that unofficial guide from Mario Kart 8 (after all there isn't any official guide on it) which says "The guardian of the cosmos is certainly made of star stuff!" which could mean you cannot hurt her because her body almost disappear in strange cosmic things when you try to hit her, but that's all...

Even her Star KO voice clip sounds like her badly acting.
Well, that's a reused voice clip, it wasn't made for the game. Kerri Kane wasn't really good in Mario Kart 7 IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was sure you were talking about that...
From Cambrige dictionary on the Internet: "behaving in a calme manner, often in a way that suggest you are not interested or do not care"
She just isn't the type to make big noises and move a lot when being hurt... Or she perhaps ignore the pain, but she certainly feels it. I would like to agree with you, but the only source I would have is that unofficial guide from Mario Kart 8 (after all there isn't any official guide on it) which says "The guardian of the cosmos is certainly made of star stuff!" which could mean you cannot hurt her because her body almost disappear in strange cosmic things when you try to hit her, but that's all...

Well, that's a reused voice clip, it wasn't made for the game. Kerri Kane wasn't really good in Mario Kart 7 IMO.

No, it means to genuinely not feel it or even care about it.

Again, she's a cosmic goddess. It isn't surprising she wouldn't feel pain. Her animations clearly convey that she is relaxed and sometimes even finds joy in what's going on when she's taking damage.

Also I'm pretty sure the "star stuff" comment was a figure of speech. It's an unofficial source either way.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's funny that when I first heard her voice in Mario Kart 7, she sounded like an all around southern country girl performing at a rodeo or something to me. I didn't know they changed her voice at the time until after a while but at least she still had that lovely echo in her voice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom