• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

No, it means to genuinely not feel it or even care about it.

Again, she's a cosmic goddess. It isn't surprising she wouldn't feel pain. Her animations clearly convey that she is relaxed and sometimes even finds joy in what's going on when she's taking damage.
Err... A goddess feel pain. Palutena does. Especially when she's freed from the Chaos Kin.

"Carefree attitude, lack of zeal, of vivaciousness", that's the definition I found in my dictionary. But if you like screenshots:
upload_2015-7-31_2-19-34.png

It just means not care about it, and not "not feel".

It's an unofficial source either way.
I said it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was able to see one of my own drawings at the Miiverse stage earlier. One of Swiftie★'s drawings made an appearance as well.

Wow, awesome.

"Nonchalant" means to not exhibit pain, anxiety, fear, enthusiasm, etc.

For Rosalina to be "nonchalant" while taking damage would imply she isn't feeling any pain. Which isn't surprising, considering what she is.

Even her Star KO voice clip sounds like her badly acting.
Oh yeah, this pic, then the time everyone were waiting for a character be confirmed during March. I was amazed when seeing this pic.
And I still find her tumble face expression bit creepy too...

Yeah, but one her KO shriek did feel like she's hurt or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Err... A goddess feel pain. Palutena does. Especially when she's freed from the Chaos Kin.

"Carefree attitude, lack of zeal, of vivaciousness", that's the definition I found in my dictionary. But if you like screenshots:
View attachment 64988

It just means not care about it, and not "not feel".

I said it.
And what defines your dictionary defintions as right and mine as wrong?

The ones I provided are simply more detailed definitions.

And Rosalina is a much more powerful goddess than Palutena. Just because Palutena feels pain, doesn't mean Rosalina can.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

And Rosalina is a much more powerful goddess than Palutena. Just because Palutena feels pain, doesn't mean Rosalina can.
Um... I'm not sure if this really matters. Since we aren't really sure if she does feel pain (Do you remember she has sort of a bubble to protect her in SMG? How can she feel pain if you can't even hit her? I'm guessing that she can already protect herself in Smash, perhaps she just really wants to fight so she just simply turn her bubble shield of LOL). Debatable, but don't over debate...

Rosalina creates a protective bubble around herself to defend against attacks.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Err, you know, even yours said "not care about". It was just an extra I added.
You talk of that like if it was a choice. And you talk of your theory like if it was everyone's opinion. That discussion cannot goes anywhere as we don't don't think the same, as I prefer think she's as powerful as Palutena. Doesn't need to go further if we aren't in the same side on the beginning on something personally.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Err, you know, even yours said "not care about". It was just an extra I added.
You talk of that like if it was a choice. And you talk of your theory like if it was everyone's opinion. That discussion cannot goes anywhere as we don't don't think the same, as I prefer think she's as powerful as Palutena. Doesn't need to go further if we aren't in the same side on the beginning on something personally.
Except this is not a matter of opinion.

Palutena isn't even supposed to be very strong as far as goddesses go. That's why Pit does everything for her.

Also, Palutena literally says in her Smash reveal trailer "I won't hold back from anyone!". Meanwhile, Sakurai made a Miiverse post showing how Rosalina intentionally makes herself lighter for Smash, meaning she is holding back.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Okay, so since I'm a Rosalina main and a Peach main I thought I should share this.
Peach killed Zelda at 0% with the initial hit of her up special. The knockback is insanely high on this move, and pulling it off is relatively easy. I managed to do it myself (even with the 3DS's finicky controls):

Since Zelda is heavier than Rosalina, that makes it easier for Rosalina to get killed a lot earlier. Now, how easy would it be to pull off in a tournament setting? It could vary from easy to hard. It could be very easy if the stage has a low ceiling and platforms, like Halberd, Town and City, Delfino during transitions, etc, because it's not heavily reliant on specific situations. On those types of stages, you could pull it off almost anywhere at anytime because the minute you get the opponent in the air just a little bit (or if they are in the air jumping) Peach gets better positioning automatically. In Smash 4, you generally don't want to be above your opponent.

Now when the up-b kill becomes difficult, it is mainly attributed to the stage being played on, but Peach has a few work arounds for this. Looking at all the legal stages during EVO, every single stage except FD has platforms and Peach can use this to her advantage to get an up-b kill on almost all those stages. Whenever she's on a platform, she can dair to up-b, like in the video above, and even if you DI away, she can float towards you can still up-b at low percents. She can also d-tilt and up-b afterwards if you don't tech. She can also use the first hit of uair and up-b immediately.

Is this as reliable as Mii Brawlers custom up-b Piston Punch aka One Inch Punch (pre-patch)? Not really because nothing will ever compare to the insane knockback that move had back then before it was patched, but as of now Peach's up-b it's almost on par with Roy's broken up-b.

Is this worth getting worked up about and is it a giant threat? No, but it never hurts to be a little informed about something. I will say, both the player's and the opponent's skill does matter in the end, but one has to chose stages wisely. Rosalina can pick stages that help her kill early off the top, but it's also helping Peach as well.

Side note: To be honest, I don't see this happening too much in tournament, but it's still a tool that Peach (and Roy) can use.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Okay, so since I'm a Rosalina main and a Peach main I thought I should share this.
Peach killed Zelda at 0% with the initial hit of her up special. The knockback is insanely high on this move, and pulling it off is relatively easy. I managed to do it myself (even with the 3DS's finicky controls):

Since Zelda is heavier than Rosalina, that makes it easier for Rosalina to get killed a lot earlier. Now, how easy would it be to pull off in a tournament setting? It could vary from easy to hard. It could be very easy if the stage has a low ceiling and platforms, like Halberd, Town and City, Delfino during transitions, etc, because it's not heavily reliant on specific situations. On those types of stages, you could pull it off almost anywhere at anytime because the minute you get the opponent in the air just a little bit (or if they are in the air jumping) Peach gets better positioning automatically. In Smash 4, you generally don't want to be above your opponent.

Now when the up-b kill becomes difficult, it is mainly attributed to the stage being played on, but Peach has a few work arounds for this. Looking at all the legal stages during EVO, every single stage except FD has platforms and Peach can use this to her advantage to get an up-b kill on almost all those stages. Whenever she's on a platform, she can dair to up-b, like in the video above, and even if you DI away, she can float towards you can still up-b at low percents. She can also d-tilt and up-b afterwards if you don't tech. She can also use the first hit of uair and up-b immediately.

Is this as reliable as Mii Brawlers custom up-b Piston Punch aka One Inch Punch (pre-patch)? Not really because nothing will ever compare to the insane knockback that move had back then before it was patched, but as of now Peach's up-b it's almost on par with Roy's broken up-b.

Is this worth getting worked up about and is it a giant threat? No, but it never hurts to be a little informed about something. I will say, both the player's and the opponent's skill does matter in the end, but one has to chose stages wisely. Rosalina can pick stages that help her kill early off the top, but it's also helping Peach as well.

Side note: To be honest, I don't see this happening too much in tournament, but it's still a tool that Peach (and Roy) can use.
I'm not too worried about those, since even without those bugs, Peach and Roy's Up B's are something I know to avoid. They are strong even without it.

EDIT: Smash update is out now!

And it includes balance changes. Post anything different about Rosalina & Luma if you find anything.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm downloading right now on 3DS. Will post anything I notice is different, after I download DLC.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Except this is not a matter of opinion.

Palutena isn't even supposed to be very strong as far as goddesses go. That's why Pit does everything for her.

Also, Palutena literally says in her Smash reveal trailer "I won't hold back from anyone!". Meanwhile, Sakurai made a Miiverse post showing how Rosalina intentionally makes herself lighter for Smash, meaning she is holding back.
And not to mention cancelling her powerful bubble shield lol.
Oh dear... my replays...
Wow, you're downloading already? I'm still trying to get into the eShop on the 3DS.
Tell me if it kills replays or not

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice

I honestly never knew her umbrella was that good. Like I use it for combos and poking people to their deaths when they are at high damage rates(which is really useful because people seem not want dodge it).

Definitely going to look into this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Downloaded DLC now. Will do a quick bit of Rosalina labbing now. Wii U version is still 1.0.9.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I honestly never knew her umbrella was that good. Like I use it for combos and poking people to their deaths when they are at high damage rates(which is really useful because people seem not want dodge it).

Definitely going to look into this.
I had notice Peach's umbrella a knockback when I used to get hit by it...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I could be wrong but I feel like Rosalina's Forward Smash had it's knockback increased a little. Not by much, but Mario looks like he's getting closer to the blast zone on 3DS, which is what I have the update on. Testing on FD on both versions, by the way.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I could be wrong but I feel like Rosalina's Forward Smash had it's knockback increased a little. Not by much, but Mario looks like he's getting closer to the blast zone on 3DS, which is what I have the update on. Testing on FD on both versions, by the way.
Is there going to be Rosalina patch notes thread soon?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is there going to be Rosalina patch notes thread soon?
I wouldn't bother making one until we can clarify changes have been made.

I'm doing this extremely ghetto and quickly, so I can't test everything.

Also U-air seems completely untouched. I'm really happy about that. ZeRo won't be.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wouldn't bother making one until we can clarify changes have been made.

I'm doing this extremely ghetto and quickly, so I can't test everything.

Also U-air seems completely untouched. I'm really happy about that. ZeRo won't be.
And this patch kills replays right?

I really hope Rosalina has buffs, at least minor ones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina really doesn't need buffs. Only thing I would like is a visual indicator of her grab range, but that's just an aesthetic aid I would like.

I'm hoping she remains untouched. I am too tired to continue, but I have checked most of what I could, and nothing is changed for sure. Only suspicion I have is her F-Smash with a slight knockback buff, but again, I'm going extremely ghetto with my testing.

Hopefully you guys can have some more definite testing tomorrow.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina really doesn't need buffs. Only thing I would like is a visual indicator of her grab range, but that's just an aesthetic aid I would like.

I'm hoping she remains untouched. I am too tired to continue, but I have checked most of what I could, and nothing is changed for sure. Only suspicion I have is her F-Smash with a slight knockback buff, but again, I'm going extremely ghetto with my testing.

Hopefully you guys can have some more definite testing tomorrow.
Yeah, I sometimes can't really get her grab range sometimes.

I think I'll update until I finish recording the replays.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is so great on the new stages, lol. So many Luma tricks, especially on Hyrule Castle.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People are actually saying on reddit that Rosalina is unchanged.

Frame data is something we have to rely on data miners for, but knockback, damage output, and attributes seem the same. All of her techs are still in tact too (including the one I am developing and keeping secret for now).

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It would just be nice if Rosalina just shows that nice smile for more animations than just two of her taunts, along with whenever she grabs any ledges.

Adorable smile, true, but when you see Rosalina smiling, something she doesn't do that often, you know it's something special. A well deserved smile, if you prefer.

That unexplainable for me, I hope you got what I mean.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Personally i like Rosalina's usual pokerface.

it's something that she can pull off quite nicely , and makes her stand out as a Mario character.

Her smile in Mario Party 10 artwork is also nice , but i like the MKWii render onwards pose and facial expression , seems iconic now as that's the pose they choose for her in Mario Party and her in-game amiibo , not to mention that render is the one that has been used the most.

This is the best Rosalina:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
One quick thing about Roy's up B: it's not broken.
If that was the case, it would have no counter and no other move would be used in his place.
Shield counters it (as well as not charging smash attacks on thetop platform of Battlefield).
I also thought that this stuff about moves' set knockback was known.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm glad Sakurai decided to leave us alone this time. I was starting to think we were getting Greninja'd. Now if only the same could be said for my poor Replays... Alas, I hardly knew them...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm just happy that there were no nerfs that we know of yet. There's rumors going around of a supposed Luma HP buff, but I'm not sure if it's true.
Check this out:
I'm glad Sakurai decided to leave us alone this time. I was starting to think we were getting Greninja'd. Now if only the same could be said for my poor Replays... Alas, I hardly knew them...
I had just downloaded the update.. sad.. but looking forward to see the changes.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Okay, so my replays are gone...again...huh...
It's sad, but that's what happens whenever updates are also balance patches at the same time. The replays are just coding that replicates a match, which uses a lot less memory than actually making a video file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom