• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
His frame data was heavily nerfed though. That's part of why he isn't top tier anymore. Actual top tiers like Sheik and Rosalina walk all over him now (especially Rosalina, since she has a counter to his bananas).

To me, it's just that it's flat out wrong and I don't like misinformation being spread like wildfire. Even if Nintendo announced tomorrow that she is a princess, I still wouldn't buy that, because you can't just call a character something without them fitting the definition. Rosalina simply isn't a princess, she doesn't fit the dictionary definition of the word. It baffles me that people can't see that, it's like "princess" equals "crown and a dress of some kind" (Rosalina's dress isn't even very regal, it's more like a modest nightgown a normal person would wear).

And in general, Rosalina is one of the most misinterpreted characters in video game history, because the Mario/Nintendo fanbase aren't very good at story/character interpretation.

Laura and Mercedes literally sound almost indistinguishable if you give Laura an echo. And whether or not she has an echo is not her decision, so you can't blame her if you don't like how she has no echo.

Wii U modding has already begun. Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost World have already seen whole level mods.
It's really odd to hear that Rosalina is one of the most interpreted characters when is the first Mario character to have a backround story . In the video game history? Not sure about that.
There has to be something that misinterpreted them, but just what is it? Nearly most people will think that she is a princess, but after looking at her story, she really isn't.

Really? I haven't really seen MK8 mod. Is it still in progress?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
To me, it's just that it's flat out wrong and I don't like misinformation being spread like wildfire. Even if Nintendo announced tomorrow that she is a princess, I still wouldn't buy that, because you can't just call a character something without them fitting the definition. Rosalina simply isn't a princess, she doesn't fit the dictionary definition of the word. It baffles me that people can't see that, it's like "princess" equals "crown and a dress of some kind" (Rosalina's dress isn't even very regal, it's more like a modest nightgown a normal person would wear).

And in general, Rosalina is one of the most misinterpreted characters in video game history, because the Mario/Nintendo fanbase aren't very good at story/character interpretation.

Laura and Mercedes literally sound almost indistinguishable if you give Laura an echo. And whether or not she has an echo is not her decision, so you can't blame her if you don't like how she has no echo.
This is soooooo wrong in sooooo many levels , but i won't argue against it. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is soooooo wrong i sooooo many levels , but i won't argue against it. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
Yeah, but it's always weird when most people think like that. And it will be more awful if Nintendo even confirms it, even though it won't likely happen.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
This is so beautiful...

I honestly wish we had the Cosmic Spirit as a skin for Rosalina in SSB4. If I ever get back into modding, I'm gonna try to texture mod Rosalina to look like the Cosmic Spirit, but only when it's easier to mod on the Wii U.
NOT gonna lie, I got a stright scare because that skin reminded me of Alpha-152 from DOA. And well, the beating I recived from her...... *shivers*

But yes, the skin does look very lovely.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
When did Laura announced that she is not keeping the role?

I'd rather have her be the permanent Rosalina rather than chaging to a new one since i already got used to her voice ; And i don't mind that they go back to Kerri every now and then but it's kinda bad because Rosalina then will lack consistency in her voice.

If anything Laura Faye Smith has returned everytime Rosalina has new speech lines , and now they choose to reuse her voice in Mario Party and Puzzle and Dragons rather than going back to Kerri like in Smash. I believe Nintendo finally settled it and stayed with her.
Oh yeah, sorry, I swapped Mercedes' and Laura's words. Or I don't know where I got that... Sorry again.

Well, I'm not sure I want her being Rosalina's permanent voice. Maybe someone who has another style which could fit Rosalina, or just someone who looks like Mercedes' voice. Someone better than Kerri and Laura (yeah because I assume Mercedes will be true Rosalina's voice forever).

That's what I don't understand. Mercedes and Kerri made Rosalina sound like a genuine enchantress or goddess with the echo in her voice being one of the main reasons. Laura only made Rosalina sound like "Space Peach" without the echo, which is completely unacceptable. I would love it if they bring back Mercedes or even Kerri to voice the character again.

This is more like it right here, although I do like that pic of yours.

I wouldn't say Space Peach, but it's true she sounds more energic, and with that, girly. If it as only energic, that could be well.
But you know, Miyamoto has a problem with Rosalina... She was given a big past and that was feelable (does that word exist?) in her voice and attitude. Except Miyamoto just doesn't like that and so removed it from her voice and attitude. I mean, except MG:WT, no Mario games had Kerri nor Mercedes in it, recently. It's maybe also because she has a too much different personality from the other Mario characters, and he maybe wanted to delete that contrast and simplify the character.

That pic is really adorable :3

Well, the "royalty" of her parents is unknown, she "could" be a princess if we do know how her parents were in the social heriarchy, but for now, and maybe forever, her statue is unknown.

I don't find that at all... But hey, I don't blame her, I blame the fact she doesn't have echo, I know Laura didn't choose that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is soooooo wrong i sooooo many levels , but i won't argue against it. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.
I mean, it was you who provided the comparison. And sure enough, they sounded very similar.

Laura overdid it a bit in MP10, but as far as 3D World and MK8 voice clips go, she was very similar to Mercedes, minus the echo.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I mean, it was you who provided the comparison. And sure enough, they sounded very similar.

Laura overdid it a bit in MP10, but as far as 3D World and MK8 voice clips go, she was very similar to Mercedes, minus the echo.
I mean , i don't want to go againts you or be rude to you , don't take my previous post that way.

But , i'll try to explain:

I agree with you to some extend when it comes to the Princess , not Princess part. I believe Rosalina is better just as ''Rosalina'' and not ''Princess Rosalina'' because of everything you said.

Now when it comes to voices , I'm 100% sure that all 3 actresses sound different from each other , from the pitch and tone of their voices to the way they pronounce words (''Alrighhhht!'')

But while Laura's voice can suit Rosalina just fine , it does in her own unique way and it doesn't resemble Mercedes nor Kerri at all. Meanwhile i think most of us can agree that Kerri is closer to Mercedes Tone.

Also the echo effect does not affect the pitch of your voice , Mercedes voice sounds just like it does with or without the echo ; Same with Laura and Kerri, based on recordings or interviews and videos from each of them.

Laura Faye Smith , has in fact one of the most unique voices (as Rosalina) i'm hearing in Nintendo games , as she is easily spotted and she is not mistaken as Mercedes , and that's just fine .

In other words , Laura doesn't sound like Mercedes at all , and that's fine since she adds her own touch to the character she voices. I would also say she has a really good take on actual speeches for Rosalina , ''That's Better!'' comes to my mind.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wii U modding has already begun. Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost World have already seen whole level mods.
Smash in this situation would take a long time to be modded, plus Sakurai would probably be disappointed in people modding in the first place. Also, those games have been out for over a year, so it'd easier to lack them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This is so beautiful...

I honestly wish we had the Cosmic Spirit as a skin for Rosalina in SSB4. If I ever get back into modding, I'm gonna try to texture mod Rosalina to look like the Cosmic Spirit, but only when it's easier to mod on the Wii U.
They should've given her the Little Mac treatment with the Cosmic Spirt alt. Having 8 different alt colors and 8 for her Cosmic Spirit alt would've been awesome.
Laura and Mercedes literally sound almost indistinguishable if you give Laura an echo. And whether or not she has an echo is not her decision, so you can't blame her if you don't like how she has no echo..
I'd be fine if they give Laura the echo and make her act exactly how Mercedes did. Other than that, I ain't buying it.

@ Killo89 Killo89 Thank you. I took that pic not too long ago.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
They should've given her the Little Mac treatment with the Cosmic Spirt alt. Having 8 different alt colors and 8 for her Cosmic Spirit alt would've been awesome.

I'd be fine if they give Laura the echo and make her act exactly how Mercedes did. Other than that, I ain't buying it.
Whoops, my message got erased. So, I was meaning:

Well, that would be hard to have eight alt colors for the Cosmic Spirit...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Smash in this situation would take a long time to be modded, plus Sakurai would probably be disappointed in people modding in the first place. Also, those games have been out for over a year, so it'd easier to lack them.
Smash 4 isn't that new either.

And if people have the enthusiasm like in Brawl and Project M then Mods are gonna come for sure . Besides i believe Smash is one of the games people would really be excited to mod and edit , like they did with the previous game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Smash 4 isn't that new either.

And if people have the enthusiasm like in Brawl and Project M then Mods are gonna come for sure . Besides i believe Smash is one of the games people would really be excited to mod and edit , like they did with the previous game.
Compared to MK8 and all the other fighting games that were at EVO(except MKX), it's still pretty young. Considering the NX is starting to be guaranteed to release next year, people would most likely try to mod on the NX cause it's new, making more problems. Also, people can try to mod all they want, Sakurai probably would be disappointed in even trying to please people. Someone made a mod of Suzaku Castle a day after Ryu was officially announced.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually NX hasn't even been revealed in any kind of way , it was just announced and probably we won't hear anything until next year.

They Wii U still has at least 1 year left , so don't expect NX to be ''released'' next year , it's so unlikely.

Also , to be honest , i have mixed opinions about what Sakurai thinks of mods , since most of them are for fun and are harmless like Shirma was saying about the Cosmic Spirit possible skin.

If anything , mods like that make the game way more re-playable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean , i don't want to go againts you or be rude to you , don't take my previous post that way.

But , i'll try to explain:

I agree with you to some extend when it comes to the Princess , not Princess part. I believe Rosalina is better just as ''Rosalina'' and not ''Princess Rosalina'' because of everything you said.

Now when it comes to voices , I'm 100% sure that all 3 actresses sound different from each other , from the pitch and tone of their voices to the way they pronounce words (''Alrighhhht!'')

But while Laura's voice can suit Rosalina just fine , it does in her own unique way and it doesn't resemble Mercedes nor Kerri at all. Meanwhile i think most of us can agree that Kerri is closer to Mercedes Tone.

Also the echo effect does not affect the pitch of your voice , Mercedes voice sounds just like it does with or without the echo ; Same with Laura and Kerri, based on recordings or interviews and videos from each of them.

Laura Faye Smith , has in fact one of the most unique voices (as Rosalina) i'm hearing in Nintendo games , as she is easily spotted and she is not mistaken as Mercedes , and that's just fine .

In other words , Laura doesn't sound like Mercedes at all , and that's fine since she adds her own touch to the character she voices. I would also say she has a really good take on actual speeches for Rosalina , ''That's Better!'' comes to my mind.
Mercedes and Laura sound different contextually, as the context of their roles was different (except in Mario Kart in which case I think they sound very similar even there, just Laura makes her sound like a bit more of an "action girl", while Mercedes sounded a little bit calmer because Rosalina is often talking to the Luma rather than making solo taunts or celebrations). But in terms of the overall idea and vibes, the tone and pitch of their voice - yes, they are pretty much very similar in how they make the character sound. Give Laura an echo, and it becomes near indistinguishable. Both of them make her sound like a mature, sometimes even sexy woman, with a lot of grace, and make her assertive or gentle depending on the situation.

This contrasts with Kerri, who, at least in Smash, sounds more cutesy with a touch of action girl vibes (and then there is that "Mm-hmm" which is admittedly pretty sexy).

I think all of them sound fine regardless (except for Kerri's earlier work, and Laura's sometimes over the top voice clips in Mario Party 10), and do a good job of voicing the character. I just don't think Mercedes and Laura sound all that different. They have small, subtle differences, yes, but the difference between Mercedes and Laura as Rosalina is equivalent to the difference between Dan Green and Travis Willingham as Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic.

....Modding isn't a time thing. How old or new the game is has little relevance. It's all to do with how it's built.

As an example, Sonic Lost World was modded pretty quickly because it uses the same engine as Sonic Generations, with a lot of the same file structure. Sonic Generations had been cracked wide open very quickly when it was released due to being on PC and due to the game's file structure being very clean, organised, and easy to understand. This led to a particular member of the Sonic Retro community developing a level creation tool for Sonic Generations. However, since Lost World uses the same file types and what not as Generations, the level creator for Generations could easily facilitate Lost World modding, with modified version of the program to account for the objects and mechanics unique to Lost World.

Actually NX hasn't even been revealed in any kind of way , it was just announced and probably we won't hear anything until next year.

They Wii U still has at least 1 year left , so don't expect NX to be ''released'' next year , it's so unlikely.

Also , to be honest , i have mixed opinions about what Sakurai thinks of mods , since most of them are for fun and are harmless like Shirma was saying about the Cosmic Spirit possible skin.

If anything , mods like that make the game way more re-playable.
Actually, Square Enix just announced Dragon Quest XI, for PS4, 3DS, and Nintendo NX. The game is slated to come out in 2016, meaning the NX would have to be out by then.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually, Square Enix just announced Dragon Quest XI, for PS4, 3DS, and Nintendo NX. The game is slated to come out in 2016, meaning the NX would have to be out by then.
Different versions can have different release dates. Doesn't change the fact that NX is in an unknown status at the moment , opposed to the PS4 for example.

But, they are dropping the Wii U so soon? what a shame.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Mercedes and Laura sound different contextually, as the context of their roles was different (except in Mario Kart in which case I think they sound very similar even there, just Laura makes her sound like a bit more of an "action girl", while Mercedes sounded a little bit calmer because Rosalina is often talking to the Luma rather than making solo taunts or celebrations). But in terms of the overall idea and vibes, the tone and pitch of their voice - yes, they are pretty much very similar in how they make the character sound. Give Laura an echo, and it becomes near indistinguishable. Both of them make her sound like a mature, sometimes even sexy woman, with a lot of grace, and make her assertive or gentle depending on the situation.

This contrasts with Kerri, who, at least in Smash, sounds more cutesy with a touch of action girl vibes (and then there is that "Mm-hmm" which is admittedly pretty sexy).

I think all of them sound fine regardless (except for Kerri's earlier work, and Laura's sometimes over the top voice clips in Mario Party 10), and do a good job of voicing the character. I just don't think Mercedes and Laura sound all that different. They have small, subtle differences, yes, but the difference between Mercedes and Laura as Rosalina is equivalent to the difference between Dan Green and Travis Willingham as Knuckles the Echidna from Sonic.

....Modding isn't a time thing. How old or new the game is has little relevance. It's all to do with how it's built.

As an example, Sonic Lost World was modded pretty quickly because it uses the same engine as Sonic Generations, with a lot of the same file structure. Sonic Generations had been cracked wide open very quickly when it was released due to being on PC and due to the game's file structure being very clean, organised, and easy to understand. This led to a particular member of the Sonic Retro community developing a level creation tool for Sonic Generations. However, since Lost World uses the same file types and what not as Generations, the level creator for Generations could easily facilitate Lost World modding, with modified version of the program to account for the objects and mechanics unique to Lost World.

Even though very unlikely, maybe they might delay the game on NX.... I know it's totally impossible, but who knows?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Different versions can have different release dates. Doesn't change the fact that NX is in an unknown status at the moment , opposed to the PS4 for example.

Of course, but right now, it seems like their plan is for all versions to come out next year.

Also Nintendo have said the Wii U won't be completely dropped as soon as NX comes out. They made that mistake with the Wii.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
It's true it's really soon, I wonder how they'll keep the Wii U alive as they said while the NX is released. Would it mean no longer retrocompatibility? It's true it's a bit generalization, but that's why I still have my Gamecube while my Wii is out.
And if there's retrocompatibility, I wonder if they'll add Wii U and Wii compatibility.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Of course, but right now, it seems like their plan is for all versions to come out next year.

Also Nintendo have said the Wii U won't be completely dropped as soon as NX comes out. They made that mistake with the Wii.
I wouldn't say it was a mistake considering the Wii was super Succesful and it's games can still be played on the Wii U.

i don't know , i just feel there's some serious lack of Mario games that area actually good for the WIi U. Tennis is coming but i want Soccer and Baseball too , and another Main Mario game.

And Maybe Mario Party 11 , that goes back to the old gameplay.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't say it was a mistake considering the Wii was super Succesful and it's games can still be played on the Wii U.

i don't know , i just feel there's some serious lack of Mario games that area actually good for the WIi U. Tennis is coming but i want Soccer and Baseball too , and another Main Mario game.

I was probably unclear, but what I meant when I said "mistake", was that Nintendo completely dropped the Wii as soon as the Wii U came out. I think that was a mistake, as they made no effort to ease people into the Wii U. They pretty much expected Wii owners to automatically want a Wii U.

As for Mario games, I think the Wii U has some good ones. 3D World is brilliant and is about as good as the Galaxy games IMO, NSMBU was a love letter to fans of Super Mario World, MK8 was a huge success for Nintendo, and I honestly like Mario Party 10. And Super Mario Maker looks fantastic. And if it counts, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was a lovely breathe of fresh air.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

PC has always been easy to hack games on. Nintendo home consoles take people forever to hack, handheld not so much.

Not gonna lie, kinda thought everyone knew about the Dragon Quest thing on NX. I don't think Mario Party will ever be like it's glory days unless Hudson ever came back to Nintendo(but the day they escape Konami is the day Snake escapes with them).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
PC has always been easy to hack games on. Nintendo home consoles take people forever to hack, handheld not so much.

Not gonna lie, kinda thought everyone knew about the Dragon Quest thing on NX. I don't think Mario Party will ever be like it's glory days unless Hudson ever came back to Nintendo(but the day they escape Konami is the day Snake escapes with them).
Did you not read any of what I just said?

The Wii U has been hacked, people are just keeping tight lipped about it since the console is kind of struggling and has a bigger emphasis on online play.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The Wii U has been hacked, people are just keeping tight lipped about it since the console is kind of struggling and has a bigger emphasis on online play.
Hacked? Really? Even so wouldn't there be any consequences? Like you can't play online? I know that Splatoon did get hacked.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was probably unclear, but what I meant when I said "mistake", was that Nintendo completely dropped the Wii as soon as the Wii U came out. I think that was a mistake, as they made no effort to ease people into the Wii U. They pretty much expected Wii owners to automatically want a Wii U.

As for Mario games, I think the Wii U has some good ones. 3D World is brilliant and is about as good as the Galaxy games IMO, NSMBU was a love letter to fans of Super Mario World, MK8 was a huge success for Nintendo, and I honestly like Mario Party 10. And Super Mario Maker looks fantastic. And if it counts, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was a lovely breathe of fresh air.
3D World is one of the best 3D Mario games I played. MarioKar

Yes I did, but that doesn't mean PC isn't easier to hack. Like I said, Smash U is still young while MK8 isnt, and people will most likely stop trying when the NX comes out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
3D World is one of the best 3D Mario games I played. MarioKar

Yes I did, but that doesn't mean PC isn't easier to hack. Like I said, Smash U is still young while MK8 isnt, and people will most likely stop trying when the NX comes out.
But that isn't an issue. The Wii U has already been hacked.

People could realistically hack Smash Wii U right now, and people have probably started (model dumping has definitely already started). But frankly, nobody wants mods for the game right now. We are still getting new content and balance updates from the official dev team, so mods are not necessary for the game right now.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But that isn't an issue. The Wii U has already been hacked.

People could realistically hack Smash Wii U right now, and people have probably started (model dumping has definitely already started). But frankly, nobody wants mods for the game right now. We are still getting new content and balance updates from the official dev team, so mods are not necessary for the game right now.
Either Brawl or Project M already had a Suzaku Castle stage modded literally an hour after Ryu was officially announced, and Smash U doesn't need to be affected by it. By the time dlc for Smash is over, NX will probably take over.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Either Brawl or Project M already had a Suzaku Castle stage modded literally an hour after Ryu was officially announced, and Smash U doesn't need to be affected by it. By the time dlc for Smash is over, NX will probably take over.
I don't see how that has anything to do with what I just said.

People don't want mods right now FOR Smash Wii U because we are still getting new content officially. There is no point in making and releasing mods for the game while it's still in it's prime.

Back porting stuff into Brawl and Project M is fine, though, as it doesn't effect Smash Wii U.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't see how that has anything to do with what I just said.

People don't want mods right now FOR Smash Wii U because we are still getting new content officially. There is no point in making and releasing mods for the game while it's still in it's prime.

Back porting stuff into Brawl and Project M is fine, though, as it doesn't effect Smash Wii U.
Suzaku Castle is a Smash 4 stage, modded onto either Brawl or Project M. Considering it was packaged with Ryu(who is a hype character), it affects Smash Wii U.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
One thing I will say about some Wii U game mods is that the methods to do simple things, like texture hacks, can be very tedious. Mario Kart 8 for example can be modded using a tool that works exclusively over the network. Problem with that is that it takes FOREVER to load a lot of modified files.

This simple texture hack took a lot of time to load, so playing this online is just impractical in its current state. Most likely scenario is that you'll disconnect for taking forever to load. If it ever manages to load, it'd be extremely laggy since the the textures are constantly getting stream to the Wii U over the network.

Yeah, especially for Splatoon, one made different ink colors, and even made Octolings playable.
I hope that an official update allows for Octolings to be playable, but it's only wishful thinking to me. The person who modded Splatoon thinks that the Octolings will be playable in the future, so let's see if she's right.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Suzaku Castle is a Smash 4 stage, modded onto either Brawl or Project M. Considering it was packaged with Ryu(who is a hype character), it affects Smash Wii U.
No it doesn't, because Smash 4 is a completely different game with characters, modes, mechanics, etc, that those older games don't have.

People ported tons of old Sonic levels into Sonic Generations, but that didn't effect how people played those games, or the PC re-release of Sonic Adventure 2, which came after Generations. It's the same deal here. Backporting stages into Brawl is very easy to do and doesn't effect Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
One thing I will say about some Wii U game mods is that the methods to do simple things, like texture hacks, can be very tedious. Mario Kart 8 for example can be modded using a tool that works exclusively over the network. Problem with that is that it takes FOREVER to load a lot of modified files.

This simple texture hack took a lot of time to load, so playing this online is just impractical in its current state. Most likely scenario is that you'll disconnect for taking forever to load. If it ever manages to load, it'd be extremely laggy since the the textures are constantly getting stream to the Wii U over the network.

I hope that an official update allows for Octolings to be playable, but it's only wishful thinking to me. The person who modded Splatoon thinks that the Octolings will be playable in the future, so let's see if she's right.
It will be awesome to see Octolings palyble.

Wait the person who mod Splatoon is a she? Are you sure?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No it doesn't, because Smash 4 is a completely different game with characters, modes, mechanics, etc, that those older games don't have.

People ported tons of old Sonic levels into Sonic Generations, but that didn't effect how people played those games, or the PC re-release of Sonic Adventure 2, which came after Generations. It's the same deal here. Backporting stages into Brawl is very easy to do and doesn't effect Smash Wii U.
It really does. When Project M happened, Brawl pretty much died quicker than a black guy in a scary movie(why I don't know). There's people I know who traded in Smash 4 just because Suzaku Castle was modded(they even wasted $400 getting the game, dlc, Gamecube Adapter, and a Wii U just to trade it in a day later at some pawnshop. Only got $10 bucks

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
It will be awesome to see Octolings palyble.

Wait the person who mod Splatoon is a she? Are you sure?
Edited to make my comment flow better. Was really choppy at first.

That person likes to go by she/her. She actually follows me on Squidboards, gives me likes, replies to me (plus YouTube replies too), does really incredible stuff with Splatoon, and is even working on a map editor for making custom maps! She really deserves a lot of credit for what she does. She even helped me out with some music I was trying to get from Splatoon for the music thread on Squidboards!

Such an amazing person. :)

Old comment:
That person likes to go by she/her. She actually follows me on Squidboards, gives me likes, and replies to me (plus YouTube replies too). She does really incredible stuff with Splatoon. She's even working on a map editor for making custom maps! She really deserves a lot of credit for what she does. She even helped me out with some music I was trying to get from Splatoon for the music thread on Squidboards!

She's a really good person. :)

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That person likes to go by she/her. She actually follows me on Squidboards, gives me likes, and replies to me (plus YouTube replies too). She does really incredible stuff with Splatoon. She's even working on a map editor for making custom maps! She really deserves a lot of credit for what she does. She even helped me out with some music I was trying to get from Splatoon for the music thread on Squidboards!

Ok , i can't be the only person who found funny that you used ''She'' a lot of times , so casually while replying to that particular post . lol

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ok , i can't be the only person who found funny that you used ''She'' a lot of times , so casually while replying to that particular post . lol
lol yeah. It's kinda funny. :) Before I posted it, I was like "There are too many she's. I gotta shorten it or make it better", but I was really lazy and chose to leave it like that. Plus, there are too many periods. I don't know if I'll edit it. :p Should I?

Ah, never mind. I edited it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Yeah, it's great that you actually have interact with her a lot! Hope she continues to make more impressive mods!
I did follow her on Squidboards recently.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It really does. When Project M happened, Brawl pretty much died quicker than a black guy in a scary movie(why I don't know). There's people I know who traded in Smash 4 just because Suzaku Castle was modded(they even wasted $400 getting the game, dlc, Gamecube Adapter, and a Wii U just to trade it in a day later at some pawnshop. Only got $10 bucks
Brawl was already dying before Project M came out.

And if you really know people who traded in Smash Wii U over Suzaku Castle being ported into Brawl, then those people are an isolated case. They are also quite silly, as Suzaku Castle is not a very exceptional stage and I find it hard to believe someone would buy $400 worth of stuff, only to trade it in the next day for $10. You'd have to be incredibly dim to go and do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom