• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If only I could replace all the dealers on the streets with this guy.

RE4 cosplay if you haven't noticed :D
I just noticed your using a Shadbase pic as your profile pic. Never thought I'd see Shad and Smashboards together(in a way).

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I wish I had a Little Mac amiibo right now. Did they even restocked him here in the U.S.?
I wish. The lowest ebay price right now is $26.37. Still more than double retail. Maybe tonight I'll dream about the US getting a major restock where I can access all the amiibo I don't have yet in stores. But I know that won't actually happen. Prove me wrong, Nintendo.
If only I could replace all the dealers on the streets with this guy.

RE4 cosplay if you haven't noticed :D
Got some rare things on sale, stranger!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Even thought Mario Party went to hell real fast right after DS , I can 100% confirm that At least 10 is like 10% better than 9 , game that ended the Good series for me.

Anyway , some screenshots that i liked

I think this is going to be my default CPU Team , i just can't get enough of Waluigi/Daisy/Wario in the same game , it's just hilarious.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Even thought Mario Party went to hell real fast right after DS , I can 100% confirm that At least 10 is like 10% better than 9 , game that ended the Good series for me.

Anyway , some screenshots that i liked

I think this is going to be my default CPU Team , i just can't get enough of Waluigi/Daisy/Wario in the same game , it's just hilarious.
Um... I think you accidentally DD post the same post...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The Mario Party series went downhill starting with the eighth game in the series. No longer has that same nostalgic feeling that Mario Party 2 and even 3 had.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Mario Party series went downhill starting with the eighth game in the series. No longer has that same nostalgic feeling that Mario Party 2 and even 3 had.
I have never play any MP games lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly think MP10 is perfectly fine.

Also that Amiibo dealer is wearing Rosalina over his crotch. :p

TriTails

Smash Lord
I think people underrate ZeRo's character picking. He himself said that at the GF of EVO that 'he wanted to prove you don't need Sheik to beat Sheik'. He also said that 'Diddy Kong is his favourite character, so even if he was nerfed he will still use him'. Note he used Diddy to beat Mr. R's Sheik.

Had ZeRo not took any interests on Diddy, he would've dropped him right after the nerf, but he didn't even though he has the best Sheik in the world. He play to win after all.

Me? Sucked or not, ruined or not, nerf or buff, I'll still main the green plumber.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think people underrate ZeRo's character picking. He himself said that at the GF of EVO that 'he wanted to prove you don't need Sheik to beat Sheik'. He also said that 'Diddy Kong is his favourite character, so even if he was nerfed he will still use him'. Note he used Diddy to beat Mr. R's Sheik.

Had ZeRo not took any interests on Diddy, he would've dropped him right after the nerf, but he didn't even though he has the best Sheik in the world. He play to win after all.

Me? Sucked or not, ruined or not, nerf or buff, I'll still main the green plumber.
We're talking more about the fact ZeRo doesn't remotely care about any of his mains outside of Smash.

Diddy is his "favourite character" only because he's so accustomed to playing as him at this point, that the Diddy meta is ingrained into him. Even if Diddy is nerfed, there's no point in dropping him, since he's been using Diddy so long, meaning he's had the most practice with him. And he only ever picked up Diddy to begin with because of his perceived top tier status.

Looking at who he mains between games, there is no real consistency, other than the fact it's always a high/top tier character, who is rush down, campy, or both.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have never play any MP games lol.
Good thing you didn't get Mario Party 10. That game is just horrible, in my opinion.

i find that hard to believe about ZeRo. But then again, why the **** do I care?

And by the way, 3,000 posts and counting as I am now a Smash Master. So here's a random pic I would like to share.
I dubbed thee "ROSALINA AND THA CAPCOM BOYZ"

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Good thing you didn't get Mario Party 10. That game is just horrible, in my opinion.

i find that hard to believe about ZeRo. But then again, why the **** do I care?

And by the way, 3,000 posts and counting as I am now a Smash Master. So here's a random pic I would like to share.
I dubbed thee "ROSALINA AND THA CAPCOM BOYZ"

Yeah, glad I don't lol.

Congrats!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Monster tires aren't that good, are they?
The Monster and Hot Monster have the lowest stat total in Mario Kart 8, with their only pros being weight and traction. However, traction is an expendable stat for most tracks.

Ground Speed: 0
Water Speed: -0.5
Air Speed: -0.5
Anti-Gravity Speed: 0
Acceleration: -0.5
Weight: +0.5
Ground Handling: -0.75
Water Handling: -0.75
Air Handling: -0.75
Anti-Gravity Handling: -0.75
Traction: +0.75
Mini-Turbo: 0

You can pretty much get the same weight boost with the Metal and Gold Tires, along with a positive boost for most of the speed stats; water speed is still hindered, but is slightly better than what the Monster and Hot Monster have.

:rosalina:: "I don't like any of you people..."
A smile can make all the difference sometimes.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The Monster and Hot Monster have the lowest stat total in Mario Kart 8, with their only pros being weight and traction. However, traction is an expendable stat for most tracks.

Ground Speed: 0
Water Speed: -0.5
Air Speed: -0.5
Anti-Gravity Speed: 0
Acceleration: -0.5
Weight: +0.5
Ground Handling: -0.75
Water Handling: -0.75
Air Handling: -0.75
Anti-Gravity Handling: -0.75
Traction: +0.75
Mini-Turbo: 0

You can pretty much get the same weight boost with the Metal and Gold Tires, along with a positive boost for most of the speed stats; water speed is still hindered, but is slightly better than what the Monster and Hot Monster have.

A smile can make all the difference sometimes.

Where did that Rosalina pic come from? Rarely see her smile.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm curious; if I wanted to put screenshots I took on my Wii U and put them on my PC for wallpaper purposes I'd just need a flash drive, right?
If you have an SD card that you save your screenshots to on the Wii U, take it out of the Wii U while it isn't in use and insert it into you computer's SD card slot (if you don't have one, you will have to buy an SD card USB adapter), and go to the DCIM folder. That folder will contain all of your screenshots, inside sub folders that have 100 screenshots each.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

I don't care what tiers say, Luigi is still boss even in Smash 64.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I'm just going to be honest here, 64 Luigi was a bottom tier trash that is basically an inferior Mario.

Slowest dash speed. Slowest airspeed. Laggy projectile, situational Up-B, Down-B that don't kill early unless it's the last hit, laggy aerials despite airspeed. Weaker than Mario, trash dash attack, lowest traction, and... urgh.

I don't play 64 competitively, but his weaknesses are mighty consumer of his viability.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I'm curious; if I wanted to put screenshots I took on my Wii U and put them on my PC for wallpaper purposes I'd just need a flash drive, right?
Here is a method using a Google account if you have one. The post is aimed towards Hyrule Warriors but it works for all instances in Wii U games where you can open the internet browser. You could also go to any image hosting website on your Wii U such as Imgur or Photobucket and upload screenshots that way to access on your computer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got it to work with the Imgur method. Thanks for the help! =D
Just so you know, if you want the best quality images, you should do the "insert SD card into computer" method. It's the only method that retains their original resolution. Uploading them to image hosting sites from the Wii U will always compress them to a lower resolution.

I don't know if someone else knows this , but Mercedes Rose actually Reacted to Iwata's death...

https://twitter.com/girlactor/status/620841630640181248
Now that's pretty nice.

But damn, is the princess misconception that badly spread?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just so you know, if you want the best quality images, you should do the "insert SD card into computer" method. It's the only method that retains their original resolution. Uploading them to image hosting sites from the Wii U will always compress them to a lower resolution.

Now that's pretty nice.

But damn, is the princess misconception that badly spread?
Both Mercedes and Kerri like to call her that , i wouldn't blame them though , i'm positive they love Rosalina but i bet they are not hardcore fans that read every single detail and care about such things like Princess or Not Princess , so no worries.
Glad she reacted and still cares , though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't doubt that any of Rosalina's voice actresses love the character, it's more that I can see fans using them as "evidence" when they refer to her as a princess, which I can see getting annoying down the line.

Unless they worked personally and closely with the dev team (which really only happens in Western games, specifically indie titles), then voice actors are not really a good reference. Especially in a series like Mario, where there really isn't a lot of voice acting to be done.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This is so beautiful...

I honestly wish we had the Cosmic Spirit as a skin for Rosalina in SSB4. If I ever get back into modding, I'm gonna try to texture mod Rosalina to look like the Cosmic Spirit, but only when it's easier to mod on the Wii U.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Why are you so damn sensitive about this princess thing?
I understand him. I also really don't like when she's called princess. In my opinion, it's a title in the Marioverse really childish and girlish (especially because of Peach), the opposite of Rosalina. That doesn't fit her majestic and wise attitude. But maybe sonicbrawler182 has a different view on that.

And I want Mercedes Rose back!
Knowing Laura Faye Smith isn't sure to keep the role, I wonder who will voice her next. If Miss Laura is still in the next Mario Tennis, I would like her to have the echo effect. Why doesn't she have the echo effect like Misses Kerri and Mercedes?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I understand him. I also really don't like when she's called princess. In my opinion, it's a title in the Marioverse really childish and girlish (especially because of Peach), the opposite of Rosalina. That doesn't fit her majestic and wise attitude. But maybe sonicbrawler182 has a different view on that.

Knowing Laura Faye Smith isn't sure to keep the role, I wonder who will voice her next. If Miss Laura is still in the next Mario Tennis, I would like her to have the echo effect. Why doesn't she have the echo effect like Misses Kerri and Mercedes?
When did Laura announced that she is not keeping the role?

I'd rather have her be the permanent Rosalina rather than chaging to a new one since i already got used to her voice ; And i don't mind that they go back to Kerri every now and then but it's kinda bad because Rosalina then will lack consistency in her voice.

If anything Laura Faye Smith has returned everytime Rosalina has new speech lines , and now they choose to reuse her voice in Mario Party and Puzzle and Dragons rather than going back to Kerri like in Smash. I believe Nintendo finally settled it and stayed with her.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!

ZeRo was not the first person to beat Mr R with diddy and he may not be the last. I think everyone heavily exaggerated the nerfs to diddy kong as he is still a top tier character, and the nerfs only made it a bit harder to kill with him, his frame data and items along with his up b is still godlike

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That's what I don't understand. Mercedes and Kerri made Rosalina sound like a genuine enchantress or goddess with the echo in her voice being one of the main reasons. Laura only made Rosalina sound like "Space Peach" without the echo, which is completely unacceptable. I would love it if they bring back Mercedes or even Kerri to voice the character again.
Still, it just feels nice if Rosalina does smile. It'll at least let people know that she's a nice and caring individual.

This is more like it right here, although I do like that pic of yours.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is so beautiful...

I honestly wish we had the Cosmic Spirit as a skin for Rosalina in SSB4. If I ever get back into modding, I'm gonna try to texture mod Rosalina to look like the Cosmic Spirit, but only when it's easier to mod on the Wii U.
I don't think modding will happen on Wii U until after the NX is released.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is so beautiful...

Yeah, I remember a lot of you guys hoping for this as alt costume in SSB4.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ZeRo was not the first person to beat Mr R with diddy and he may not be the last. I think everyone heavily exaggerated the nerfs to diddy kong as he is still a top tier character, and the nerfs only made it a bit harder to kill with him, his frame data and items along with his up b is still godlike
His frame data was heavily nerfed though. That's part of why he isn't top tier anymore. Actual top tiers like Sheik and Rosalina walk all over him now (especially Rosalina, since she has a counter to his bananas).

To me, it's just that it's flat out wrong and I don't like misinformation being spread like wildfire. Even if Nintendo announced tomorrow that she is a princess, I still wouldn't buy that, because you can't just call a character something without them fitting the definition. Rosalina simply isn't a princess, she doesn't fit the dictionary definition of the word. It baffles me that people can't see that, it's like "princess" equals "crown and a dress of some kind" (Rosalina's dress isn't even very regal, it's more like a modest nightgown a normal person would wear).

And in general, Rosalina is one of the most misinterpreted characters in video game history, because the Mario/Nintendo fanbase aren't very good at story/character interpretation.

That's what I don't understand. Mercedes and Kerri made Rosalina sound like a genuine enchantress or goddess with the echo in her voice being one of the main reasons. Laura only made Rosalina sound like "Space Peach" without the echo, which is completely unacceptable. I would love it if they bring back Mercedes or even Kerri to voice the character again.

This is more like it right here, although I do like that pic of yours.

Laura and Mercedes literally sound almost indistinguishable if you give Laura an echo. And whether or not she has an echo is not her decision, so you can't blame her if you don't like how she has no echo.

I don't think modding will happen on Wii U until after the NX is released.
Wii U modding has already begun. Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Lost World have already seen whole level mods.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom