• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sort of, @ ChikoLad ChikoLad said that her Fsmash has a bit more knockback. But I don't think that's true...

I like how this artist draw Rosalina :) Her drawing style seems to be the reference of HunterXHunter's style. One of my favorite anime, love it.
I said "I think her F-Smash was buffed slightly but I'm probably wrong". I was testing the patch at 3:00am in my time, I never said anything was definite.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So am I here! We joined Smashboards exactly at the same date right? Well... maybe not at the exact time... because I haven't got the trophy points for it yet.
Almost at the exact same time. I joined the day before you did.
Good delayed annyversary, then.
I remember when this thread barely started.
Regarding replays, I just dodged to save them. Made an hard read that with the patch would have come a bakance change.
Feels like it was only yesterday when I came into this thread I call home. :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Almost at the exact same time. I joined the day before you did.

Feels like it was only yesterday when I came into this thread I call home. :)
Yes, I just got the point 16 minutes ago lol.

I really like what you just said. So am I.
My Mario Kart 8 OST has finally arrived.
Oh gosh, I think I will buy this CD too. I'm gonna go check my shopping website right now.

And it seems that in my country Taiwan. If you buy Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS, they will just give you the Smash Bros CD soundtrack along with it, no kidding.
I said "I think her F-Smash was buffed slightly but I'm probably wrong". I was testing the patch at 3:00am in my time, I never said anything was definite.
Yeah, kind of relief that she isn't changed. But also disappointed that she isn't buffed...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In the latest episode of Game Grumps's Super Mario Galaxy play through, Danny and Arin talk about how amazing Rosalina hentai is and Danny looks some up mid-episode and seems to be taken aback by how great the art is and what not.

Arin also calls Rosalina a "galaxy princess".

So expect calling Rosalina a "princess" and raunchy drawings of Rosalina to be like, 10 times more common than they already are.

TriTails

Smash Lord
So I'm for the umpteenth time try to draw in Paint Tool SAI.

Anyone who has experience with it, can any of you give me advice on most outlines? Like, what tool do you use? Pencil or Brush? What is the size? What is the density? I've been struggling with this for quite a while now. Stabilizer is solid S-7.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh both of those things are common as is.

It's just Game Grumps has such a massive influence on internet impressions.

Being a Sonic fan while Game Grumps exists is the worst.
Oh yeah, I've seen people who purposely misname Sonic as "Sanic", which is very stupid if you asked me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You and all the other Sonic fans have no sense of humor, do y'all?
To be fair, seeing "Sanic" makes it seem like Sonic is a heavily insane psychopath. And you know how some people really don't like it when others make their favorite characters be way out of character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Sanic meme is actually quite funny, and harmless. Even the official Sonic social media pages uses it to it's advantage (by the way, you guys should totally follow them).

Arin from Game Grumps just hates Sonic to an unreasonable degree, though. He's almost as bad as mariotehplumber with Rosalina, if not worse. At least 99% of people agree matiotehplumber is an idiot. People actually take Arin seriously and a lot of Game Grumps fans bandwagon with what he says.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes, it just feels good to look back at your past Mario Kart highlight reels. You might just get a shot that you want to save for yourself.

Rosalina always did look cute whenever she uses blue vehicles to (almost) match her dress.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh yeah, I've seen people who purposely misname Sonic as "Sanic", which is very stupid if you asked me.
I found it funny, but I don't take it seriously though.

The Sanic meme is actually quite funny, and harmless. Even the official Sonic social media pages uses it to it's advantage (by the way, you guys should totally follow them).

Arin from Game Grumps just hates Sonic to an unreasonable degree, though. He's almost as bad as mariotehplumber with Rosalina, if not worse. At least 99% of people agree matiotehplumber is an idiot. People actually take Arin seriously and a lot of Game Grumps fans bandwagon with what he says.
Really?
Yes, since mariotehpumber makes very suck videos in nearly all of his Internet lifespan. And got more infamous of the amiibo scalping. And 1% of those some I familiar with their name, thebalishchannel, Abomdosnow, and Ih8heels... I just familiar with them is becasue I got the mocks from the when I criticize MTP...
No wonder why MTP rage in his so-called Nintendo E3 review video about Arin participating NWC, he said also said about Minessota's NWC qualifiers can't participate NWC because of him or something... I don't know..
(I'm not gonna post his video here ever again, it's terrible)
And he even appeared in Johnnumbers twitch livestream before and played MK8 with him (Online). JN didn't really know who MTP is. And one Twitch chat, he still replies to me that he had taken care of me, don't know what does that really means. And sadly seems that some people are looking him normal now when he start doing giveaways. Which I think it's even more stupid if you scalp all thsese amiibos by giveaways and making profit...
I want to learn Rosalina, but I don't know where to start
Use her for a while and see if she suits you. It takes time for you to main her.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I just realised something potentially terrible for Rosalina mains.

The Regular Tourneys in Tourney mode are pretty infamous already for how they are 3 minutes, 2 stock matches. It's terrible and encourages a campy playstyle, especially since when a match times out and both players have the same amount of stock, whoever DEALS the most damage over the ENTIRE match wins, NOT whoever has the LEAST damage on the current stock.

Since the game literally phrases it as "whoever deals the most damage" - wouldn't that count Luma? This basically makes Rosalina bottom tier in regular tourneys, as she can just be camped out and, even if just Luma is taking hits, she will lose in the event of a time out, even if she herself didn't take damage.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's a rather curious question that should be looked at. Maybe go to Training to see if the attacks that you give to the Luma are recognized by the damage system.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That if anything if the balance team cares about that, should only benefit rosalina. As a tournamentplayer i dont care, ffa is not the way to play tournaments an has never been since the only thing it can cause is controversy. Same with how those games are decided, 3 min timer is just so that they mostly will have the replays for those losing wanting to watch the other matches, so atleast i can think it maybe is a decent system for advertising tournaments and maybe making the jump to attend a real one a bit smaller which would always help the scene.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That if anything if the balance team cares about that, should only benefit rosalina. As a tournamentplayer i dont care, ffa is not the way to play tournaments an has never been since the only thing it can cause is controversy. Same with how those games are decided, 3 min timer is just so that they mostly will have the replays for those losing wanting to watch the other matches, so atleast i can think it maybe is a decent system for advertising tournaments and maybe making the jump to attend a real one a bit smaller which would always help the scene.
Regular Tourneys can be 1v1 though, that's the problem. Plus, I don't have a problem using Rosalina in FFAs, she does just fine.

The meta is completely different in these Regular Tourneys though, so it's not good practice for a real Tourney at all.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I know i'm possibly a bit late! What were the changes for Rosalina in this recent patch?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina does pretty okay in online tourneys. In fact, the very first one I played in was actually my first win! :) Not a lot of people can brag about that I assume. It was really tough though. It was 1v1 Custom Glory - Large (Stock).

De proof is in de puddin'.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkUqsl3Yw
Wow amazing! Great job!
Got this tonight , and thought it wsa funny ... because it looks like she it's explaining something really important
It feels like she's trying to say: "Oh well..."

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mario Party 10 it's a really pretty game , at least to take pictures.
This is a graphic example of who is playable in smash and who isn't , lol

And i looove this minigame for some reason

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Just out of simple curiosity, am I the only person who learned to main Rosalina due to being a favorite character in general, but always gets called cheap for "going with the OP top tier character?"

Anyway, I'm loving some of the screenshots you guys are posting. Mind if I share some from some games that I've taken over some time? I love taking pictures in Mario Party 10 and Smash.

EDIT: @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle your last post was your 666th and one of your pictures had quite a lot of lava and fire.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just out of simple curiosity, am I the only person who learned to main Rosalina due to being a favorite character in general, but always gets called cheap for "going with the OP top tier character?"

Anyway, I'm loving some of the screenshots you guys are posting. Mind if I share some from some games that I've taken over some time? I love taking pictures in Mario Party 10 and Smash.

EDIT: @ Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle your last post was your 666th and one of your pictures had quite a lot of lava and fire.
No, you're not the only one. I main Rosalina for the exact same reason as you are, not because she's a "top tier" character or whatever it is they call it. Plus, she's the only Mario rep I'll ever play as.

And feel free to share whatever pics you have.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, you're not the only one. I main Rosalina for the exact same reason as you are, not because she's a "top tier" character or whatever it is they call it. Plus, she's the only Mario rep I'll ever play as.

And feel free to share whatever pics you have.
Same here, I was also surprised that everyone say she was top tier. She is sometimes my second most used character behind Mario, runnerup is Shulk.

Hey @ tsvlink25 tsvlink25 , I think I had ask your 3DS FC before long time ago, do you mind I delete your 3DS FC? Because I'm running out of room.

So what makes you come to this thread @ tsvlink25 tsvlink25 ? Feel free to share anything about Rosalina here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I main Rosalina because she is my favourite Nintendo character. She happened to fit like a glove for me too in terms of how she plays, and her being top tier is merely a cherry on top of an already delicious cake.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I main Rosalina because she is my favourite Nintendo character. She happened to fit like a glove for me too in terms of how she plays, and her being top tier is merely a cherry on top of an already delicious cake.
Well, it did take me a while for me to main her. But after seeing a lot of her videos and MUs, I started to get the hang of her now. Sometimes I even play better when using Rosalina than Mario.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Yea, I get a lot of flak for using Rosie as well (one friend refuses to fight me when I use her). But you know what? I don't care one bit. As long as Rosalina remains an adorable character with a motherly personality who hails from a magnificent game, she'll be my main for years to come.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really get much flak for maining her. I've gotten the odd bit from certain cliques and individuals on Smashboards, and a bit on tumblr, but they are also all random people I have no personal connection to so I don't really care if they are salty because I use an excellent character (in and out of Smash). My personal friends and some Smash acquaintances are perfectly fine with me using her, and see fighting me as good practice, especially since I play differently from the hoards of hyper defensive Rosalina mains, and they say my playstyle is much more engaging to fight than those people.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yea, I get a lot of flak for using Rosie as well (one friend refuses to fight me when I use her). But you know what? I don't care one bit. As long as Rosalina remains an adorable character with a motherly personality who hails from a magnificent game, she'll be my main for years to come.
Flak? How? Now that's a bit absurd if you ask me.
I will actually flak a bit if you use characters like, Robin, Lucario, and Bowser Jr. Although they aren't actually top tiers characters but I just hate to fight with these characters. They are more annoying than Rosalina in my opinion.

I don't really get much flak for maining her. I've gotten the odd bit from certain cliques and individuals on Smashboards, and a bit on tumblr, but they are also all random people I have no personal connection to so I don't really care if they are salty because I use an excellent character (in and out of Smash). My personal friends and some Smash acquaintances are perfectly fine with me using her, and see fighting me as good practice, especially since I play differently from the hoards of hyper defensive Rosalina mains, and they say my playstyle is much more engaging to fight than those people.
Yeah.
I don't really think playstyle matters, I'm personally a defensive Rosalina on the ground, but aggressive on the air. Sometimes I overused Luma and got hit too...

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Um.. ok...:glare:
I am still piss to know that Robin was buffed...
He kinda needed it. Else he'd be down there.

Still kinda baffles me on how they didn't nerf Sheik needles and friggin' reduce her damage AGAIN. Like, her problem was needles, but they nerfed F-air?

They just made it even weaker. Expect more salt because if you are getting outplayed you'll have to be slapped around for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom