• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't mind Sheik right now. I keep saying it, but buff lower tiers properly before even thinking about nerfing higher tiers.

When I say properly buff characters, I mean fix blatant problems they have, not just randomly increase the damage on a certain move or whatever. An example of this that actually happened was how Meta Knight's hitboxes didn't match the visual effects for his moves, which made it genuinely difficult to be accurate with his moves. The latest patch fixed that, however.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I don't mind Sheik right now. I keep saying it, but buff lower tiers properly before even thinking about nerfing higher tiers.

When I say properly buff characters, I mean fix blatant problems they have, not just randomly increase the damage on a certain move or whatever. An example of this that actually happened was how Meta Knight's hitboxes didn't match the visual effects for his moves, which made it genuinely difficult to be accurate with his moves. The latest patch fixed that, however.
Sometimes, you just gotta nerf the top tiers for the game to be more balanced IMO.

Let's say Ganon struggles against Sheik, mainly because of needles walling him out. Buffing Ganon to allow him to deal with needles might fix his problem, but the 'fixing' might destroy the low/mid/high tiers. Like, give him better speed. Can you imagine Ganon with actual speed? It'd be obnoxious, and buffing Ganon doesn't help other characters. Instead, they'll just be destroyed by the King of Evil.

It's not just Ganon, EVERYONE maybe except Rosa struggles with Sheik's needles. Nerfing her one move could help the game to be more balanced, because then she will no longer invalidates characters.

But for most part, I agree. It's just buffing low tiers doesn't guarantee them doing well against the top tiers. Sometimes, it's just better to nerf some of the top tiers so the game can be easier to handle. I can't imagine them buffing low tiers so they can deal with Sheik's needles instead of just nerfing the needles and be done with it. They do the same thing, but the former is significantly harder and more time consuming, and low tiers might as well obliterate other characters. Nerfing the needles help Sheik so she can still be viable, but not going as far as invalidating characters.

IMO, just give needles fixed knockback and they're good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sometimes, you just gotta nerf the top tiers for the game to be more balanced IMO.

Let's say Ganon struggles against Sheik, mainly because of needles walling him out. Buffing Ganon to allow him to deal with needles might fix his problem, but the 'fixing' might destroy the low/mid/high tiers. Like, give him better speed. Can you imagine Ganon with actual speed? It'd be obnoxious, and buffing Ganon doesn't help other characters. Instead, they'll just be destroyed by the King of Evil.

It's not just Ganon, EVERYONE maybe except Rosa struggles with Sheik's needles. Nerfing her one move could help the game to be more balanced, because then she will no longer invalidates characters.

But for most part, I agree. It's just buffing low tiers doesn't guarantee them doing well against the top tiers. Sometimes, it's just better to nerf some of the top tiers so the game can be easier to handle. I can't imagine them buffing low tiers so they can deal with Sheik's needles instead of just nerfing the needles and be done with it. They do the same thing, but the former is significantly harder and more time consuming, and low tiers might as well obliterate other characters. Nerfing the needles help Sheik so she can still be viable, but not going as far as invalidating characters.

IMO, just give needles fixed knockback and they're good.
Just nerfing Sheik's needles though, without buffing low tiers, only fixes problems characters have against that ONE move.

My point is more in relation to some very obvious flaws characters have, such as the Meta Knight example. Those need to be fixed first, as they give characters problems against the ENTIRE roster. Another example was Charizard before recent patches. His Down and Up Throws felt completely wrong before the patch.

In fact, while I think Rosalina is fine as is, one slight buff I want for her is to simply give her grab animations a visual effect to better indicate what counts as catching them - her grab is a force choke kinda thing so her grab range isn't at where her hand are, and the way she just flops her hand makes it difficult to get grabs in under pressure. If I could see where my grab range was, I would be fine with it. I don't have this problem with most characters because they actually physically grab the opponent and so I just look at where their hands go, but this doesn't seem to work for Rosalina - it's an obvious flaw in the design of the move.

That being said, if I was designing the game, I probably wouldn't give Sheik's needles knockback at all, as it literally makes no sense for needles to make someone go flying. This would probably fix most people's gripe with the move too. However, I just think the Smash 4 community is too reliant on patches when they can't beat a character. So for now, I just want obvious design flaws or things that don't make sense, fixed.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He kinda needed it. Else he'd be down there.

Still kinda baffles me on how they didn't nerf Sheik needles and friggin' reduce her damage AGAIN. Like, her problem was needles, but they nerfed F-air?

They just made it even weaker. Expect more salt because if you are getting outplayed you'll have to be slapped around for more.
They also buffed Diddy too.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm always for buffing up low tier characters. Going the route of nerfing top tiers / high tiers can be a little negative in my eyes, especially when people ONLY take that approach. I think people should think of buffs before nerfs.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Same here, I was also surprised that everyone say she was top tier. She is sometimes my second most used character behind Mario, runnerup is Shulk.

Hey @ tsvlink25 tsvlink25 , I think I had ask your 3DS FC before long time ago, do you mind I delete your 3DS FC? Because I'm running out of room.

So what makes you come to this thread @ tsvlink25 tsvlink25 ? Feel free to share anything about Rosalina here.
Yeah, that's fine lol. Well, I kinda went inactive for a while, but decided to come back, and since Rosalina is one of my mains, I wanted to join in on discussions about my favorite Nintendo character :rosalina:

I really love how photogenic Rosalina is in Smash.

Viewtiful Rain

Smash Cadet
NNID
RainAensland
3DS FC
4253-4551-9145
Just out of simple curiosity, am I the only person who learned to main Rosalina due to being a favorite character in general, but always gets called cheap for "going with the OP top tier character?"

Anyway, I'm loving some of the screenshots you guys are posting. Mind if I share some from some games that I've taken over some time? I love taking pictures in Mario Party 10 and Smash.

EDIT: @Swiftie_Muggle your last post was your 666th and one of your pictures had quite a lot of lava and fire.
I'm just curious about Rosalina because her playstyle is different. There's always people who will be salty; me included but they have to get good otherwise it's all fair in Smash. Anyway, Rosalina is a character that everyone thought would be a clone of peach and surprised everybody. I kind of got tired with the rest of the Mario characters except for Peach and Bowser honestly. Although, Bowser Jr and the Koopalings are fun to play though at least for me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah, that's fine lol. Well, I kinda went inactive for a while, but decided to come back, and since Rosalina is one of my mains, I wanted to join in on discussions about my favorite Nintendo character :rosalina:

I know right. Depending on my mood, I would spend the whole 3 hours playing as Rosalina and taking some nice pics of her myself. I have a couple of them and I do plan to take some more sometime.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Ok , I will delete you from my 3DS FC list then.
Wow, nice pics.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have a huge imgur album of all of my Smash Wii U/3DS screenshots.

90% of them feature Rosalina, probably.

May as well post a few:

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm a little worried in the Smash community because of how people are making little progress towards expanding or revising the stage list. Is the current stage list fine? Yes. Can keeping it the same stale the metagame? Yes it can. What this makes think is that the only way (or main way) the current meta will progress is through balance patches. That in turn can make me worry about Rosalina & Luma and what'll happen to them in the future. Will they get nerfs or buffs? Maybe. I can only hope for the best in the future.

Side note: I won't be here as often because
I'm currently being threatened to be kicked out of my home by a family member. If I rarely come anymore in the future, chances are that I've been kicked out. I wish you all an early farewell if it happens.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a pretty large snapshot collection myself in my Photobucket account. Over 200 Smash 3DS snapshots, and over 1000 Smash Wii U snapshots right now.

Portions of them do focus on Rosalina.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm a little worried in the Smash community because of how people are making little progress towards expanding or revising the stage list. Is the current stage list fine? Yes. Can keeping it the same stale the metagame? Yes it can. What this makes think is that the only way (or main way) the current meta will progress is through balance patches. That in turn can make me worry about Rosalina & Luma and what'll happen to them in the future. Will they get nerfs or buffs? Maybe. I can only hope for the best in the future.

I'm currently being threatened to be kicked out of my home by a family member. If I rarely come anymore in the future, chances are that I've been kicked out. I wish you all an early farewell if it happens.
Why are they trying to kick you out of your house? Did you do something wrong?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I think the Smash 4 community has a problem with letting the meta stagnate in general. Although stages aren't my top concern personally right now, I would also like to see the list expanded.

If you want someone to talk to, I'm willing to listen through your preferred method of contact. I was kicked out of my house twice in the past. One was along with other members of my family, completely unwillingly, the second was just me, though I wanted to leave anyway.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I'm pretty sure the stages are fine cuz there's omega stages already. I really hope they can add more new and old stages, so far, the DLC stages are mostly N64 stages. I hope they can bring back Melee stages that everyone like but never came back.

And geez, in my opinion, I don't really think balance patches really helps anything besides killing replays, even though Rosalina, Sheik, and Diddy were nerfed during the past patches, they are still being considered as top tier characters. I think this patch is rpetty fine because tehy buffed a lot of mid tier and low tier characters, even though Diddy was actually buffed in this patch too. I'm pretty sure Rosalina will fine over the next updates to come. This is the first balance patch that Rosalina has no changes. And maybe never will. And even she did have nerfs, they can't nerf her too significantly, can they?

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that, it's really terrible to kick out of your house by a family member, but what about your parents? Won't they help you? And please, I hope you can still come back even though you aren't active in the future. Anyway, I can only wish you good luck and hope for the best.
And this also reminds me of my dad saying that I have to be on my own as soon as I graduate college. This makes me worried about my future too....
I have a pretty large snapshot collection myself in my Photobucket account. Over 200 Smash 3DS snapshots, and over 1000 Smash Wii U snapshots right now.

Portions of them do focus on Rosalina.
Speakinf of 1000, I had just complete playing 1000 3DS smash matches yesterday.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Kicked out? Why? And if you got kicked out, where are you going to live?

I wish you luck on your future. I just hope you can still meet us.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

:(Really sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well for you in the future.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Why are they trying to kick you out of your house? Did you do something wrong?
I haven't been kicked out, yet, but I do feel like it's my own fault for getting myself in that situation.

If you want someone to talk to, I'm willing to listen through your preferred method of contact. I was kicked out of my house twice in the past. One was along with other members of my family, completely unwillingly, the second was just me, though I wanted to leave anyway.
Thank you for your kindness. I'm not usually the kind of person who ever reaches out for help (in fact I usually hide my distress from others), but thank you for being so open and caring towards me. However, I don't know if talking to you will help since I'm pretty sure that I will be kicked out sooner or later, but I guess it's worth trying. I don't know when I'll reply back.

Oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that, it's really terrible to kick out of your house by a family member, but what about your parents? Won't they help you? And please, I hope you can still come back even though you aren't active in the future. Anyway, I can only wish you good luck and hope for the best.
And this also reminds me of my dad saying that I have to be on my own as soon as I graduate college. This makes me worried about my future too....
Well the thing is... It's my parent who's considering kicking me out the house, but thank you for wishing me the best. Don't be too worried about the future, you'll be okay. I believe in you. :)

Kicked out? Why? And if you got kicked out, where are you going to live?

I wish you luck on your future. I just hope you can still meet us.
If I get kicked out, I'm not sure where I'll live to be honest! He he.. I feel like laughing it off and maintaining my positive attitude, but I know I can't be like that forever when the fear of being kicked out is looming over me...

:(
Really sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well for you in the future.
Thank you. I'll try to be okay.

Anyways, you guys shouldn't worry too much about me (I hope I haven't made any of you guys extremely worried). It's just an unfortunate series of events that I let get entirely out of control, but I've always been in situations like that in the past and I've usually adapted pretty okay to those situations. I don't know how bad my problem will get, but I'll try my best to get through it.

Please, don't be too worried for my sake. I like to see you all being lively in here and getting along (even if there are arguments from time to time). I'll get through this, one way or another!

EDIT: I'm going to bed. So I won't have time to see you guys until tomorrow, late in the afternoon. Goodnight.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I haven't been kicked out, yet, but I do feel like it's my own fault for getting myself in that situation.

Thank you for your kindness. I'm not usually the kind of person who ever reaches out for help (in fact I usually hide my distress from others), but thank you for being so open and caring towards me. However, I don't know if talking to you will help since I'm pretty sure that I will be kicked out sooner or later, but I guess it's worth trying. I don't know when I'll reply back.

Well the thing is... It's my parent who's considering kicking me out the house, but thank you for wishing me the best. Don't be too worried about the future, you'll be okay. I believe in you. :)

If I get kicked out, I'm not sure where I'll live to be honest! He he.. I feel like laughing it off and maintaining my positive attitude, but I know I can't be like that forever when the fear of being kicked out is looming over me...

Thank you. I'll try to be okay.

Anyways, you guys shouldn't worry too much about me (I hope I haven't made any of you guys extremely worried). It's just an unfortunate series of events that I let get entirely out of control, but I've always been in situations like that in the past and I've usually adapted pretty okay to those situations. I don't know how bad my problem will get, but I'll try my best to get through it.

Please, don't be too worried for my sake. I like to see you all being lively in here and getting along (even if there are arguments from time to time). I'll get through this, one way or another!

EDIT: I'm going to bed. So I won't have time to see you guys until tomorrow, late in the afternoon. Goodnight.
OMG, why did they wanted to kick you out? That's really not good.
OK, take care then. And thank you :)

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I hope you'll be okay, @ Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku

Also, have some more Rosalina pictures~

I think the rest of these are really graceful and are some of my favorites

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Thanks! I'll post some more tomorrow--I've got a lot :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Getting kicked out by your own parents? That's quite harsh if you asked me, but I guess I wouldn't know, since my own parents have always allowed me to stay with them.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Getting kicked out by your own parents? That's quite harsh if you asked me, but I guess I wouldn't know, since my own parents have always allowed me to stay with them.
My dad is a realistic person, he wants me to live out in the society once I graduated from college, I need to look for a job, buy house and then even more... he doesn't want me to be like my sister who still lives in my parents house even though she's already over 20, she still makes money by selling cosplay clothes online, but she's just stays in her room and use PC for almost a whole day. And don't eat at the proper time.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still trying to leave the nest myself and get my own place. I just did two years in college, though I didn't pass the second year as it was horribly conceived and I had some health problems too.

All summer I've been job hunting, and had no luck until last Monday. I applied for a job online and the very next day was called back for an interview. That day was also, ironically, the day I was to get my first social welfare payment (I applied for it early in the summer as a back up). Which I did go down for, and got almost a grand just from that, as I apparently had a lot of backdated payments I wasn't informed of. I also got about €700 not too long beforehand from the last of my college grant. And then I did the interview on Saturday and it went pretty well (they said it would only be 15-20 minutes, but they kept me for 30 minutes - which is generally a good sign they are interested). I should be finding out if I got the job tomorrow, and I will also be going back for another social welfare payment (if I don't get the job then I will be going down every Tuesday for one until I find one).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My parents would never kick me out of our house because, even though I do plan to move out someday to look for my own condo to live in, they still need me more than I need them. I mean my dad has been through a whole lot being the only member of our family to have a job and it's been very hard for him. After I lost my previous job due to my supervisor over there accusing me of slacking off, I've struggled for a year and a half looking for a new job without any progress whatsoever. My mom could not get a job herself because she lost her green card somehow and, therefore, she's not authorized to work here. She's been a house mom ever since we moved in here from Texas. My sister was still studying during the hard times until she finished and started looking for a job herself. So as you can tell, my parents have been through hard times back and forth they don't have it in them to kick me out no matter what because they not only need me to help them but also they love me so deeply and I love them, too.

A few years has passed and we became stronger than we have ever been in a long time. I finally got a job which I still work at that same warehouse to this day, even though it sucks ass over there. My sister also works at that same place as I am but she's day shift while I work night shift and we got additional support from her fiancée who also works there also day shift. If it's anything I've learned from our past struggles, it's to stay positive even through hard times.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku
Like the others said, I hope you the best on your problem. I hope maybe somehow that your family and you can be one again. As having a family that is against each other is bad enough as it is.

If not, I just hope you have a place to stay. Whenever I go to school, I always see people sleeping outside. Quite a sad sight. It would be terrible to think that one of would have to go through that.

Same here.
They allow me stay as long I'm going to college. Quite the blessing

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just wanted to say that I'm starting to get into the editing side of creating the showcase video for my new tech I've been working on.

I still have not got all of the footage I need and I have been theory crafting more ways to use it, which I will test when I get a chance.

There is a chance I may not release the video until I start entering tournaments, where I can use it there and maybe include the footage. But I am working on it.

I probably will try to refrain from mentioning it in the future, but I just wanted to mention it this one time to clarify that I'm not bluffing and I am hard at work on it as best as I can and whenever I can. I just have a lot of responsibilities on my plate (as you may have guessed from my previous posts about my personal life).

I am also using this tech video as a chance to hone my video editing skills (and in the process trying to make the video look kinda fancy and what not), as I may consider trying to do regular YouTube uploads, with Smash being a focus. So do keep in mind that also has to do with how long this is taking me. I will likely also go for commentary and subtitles as people suggested. I also have a lot of clips I will have to go through (as you can see below), with more yet to be recorded.

I also have a family I have to often deal with and makes me have to compromise things like this a lot, since I barely get a chance to get on the Wii U lately.

Also a friend of mine is on the verge of releasing his first music album. He had me listen to it as an early preview, to try find things for him to work on and improve. I really like the album, so I have decided to use his tracks for most of the video, when I get to adding music (which will more than likely be at the latter end of production). Although it's unlikely I will be releasing the video in time for it, I can't release the video before that album releases either way, as I will need the final versions of his tracks, and I intend to plug the album at the end of the video.

I apologise if people are sick of hearing me bring this up (and I will try not to until I am closer to completing the video), but rest assured, I am NOT bluffing and I AM working on it. It's just gonna take time, both for me to discover everything the tech has to offer, and to complete the video. And I likely won't be able to enter any tournaments for a while.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me.
Sonicbrawler182, Did you ever get around to releasing that super secret Rosalina tactic? I remember everyone was talking about it but I never saw it. I probably just missed it.

I wish waluigi was in this pic instead.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That reminds me.
Sonicbrawler182, Did you ever get around to releasing that super secret Rosalina tactic? I remember everyone was talking about it but I never saw it. I probably just missed it.

I wish waluigi was in this pic instead.
No, that's what my previous post was about. I am working on the video for it.

...Also Rosalina's waist is oddly thin in that picture. :p

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just wanted to say that I'm starting to get into the editing side of creating the showcase video for my new tech I've been working on.

I still have not got all of the footage I need and I have been theory crafting more ways to use it, which I will test when I get a chance.

There is a chance I may not release the video until I start entering tournaments, where I can use it there and maybe include the footage. But I am working on it.

I probably will try to refrain from mentioning it in the future, but I just wanted to mention it this one time to clarify that I'm not bluffing and I am hard at work on it as best as I can and whenever I can. I just have a lot of responsibilities on my plate (as you may have guessed from my previous posts about my personal life).

I am also using this tech video as a chance to hone my video editing skills (and in the process trying to make the video look kinda fancy and what not), as I may consider trying to do regular YouTube uploads, with Smash being a focus. So do keep in mind that also has to do with how long this is taking me. I will likely also go for commentary and subtitles as people suggested. I also have a lot of clips I will have to go through (as you can see below), with more yet to be recorded.

I also have a family I have to often deal with and makes me have to compromise things like this a lot, since I barely get a chance to get on the Wii U lately.

Also a friend of mine is on the verge of releasing his first music album. He had me listen to it as an early preview, to try find things for him to work on and improve. I really like the album, so I have decided to use his tracks for most of the video, when I get to adding music (which will more than likely be at the latter end of production). Although it's unlikely I will be releasing the video in time for it, I can't release the video before that album releases either way, as I will need the final versions of his tracks, and I intend to plug the album at the end of the video.

I apologise if people are sick of hearing me bring this up (and I will try not to until I am closer to completing the video), but rest assured, I am NOT bluffing and I AM working on it. It's just gonna take time, both for me to discover everything the tech has to offer, and to complete the video. And I likely won't be able to enter any tournaments for a while.

Take your time making that video, we all hope it can be done as complete as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom