• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Why can't she have them since her born ? I prefer that version, she seems more legitimate for me.
I like to think her mother has too, just because of the stuff Rosalina finds inside the comet, plus it's the chapter just after the Dream.
Exactly.
People rage at and hate Rosalina because she is appearing too much.

Bleep them. That is what we call a ****ing character development.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
If the Japanese are happy with Rosalina's inclusion in games and promotional art with no complaining of her being forced, then Nintendo are happy to keep doing it. Since we all Nintendo listens and caters to them over anyone else in the world.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If the Japanese are happy with Rosalina's inclusion in games and promotional art with no complaining of her being forced, then Nintendo are happy to keep doing it. Since we all Nintendo listens and caters to them over anyone else in the world.
That's right.
And you seemed to be a new user here right? Welcome to this thread!

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
So can you share us your reason of why you like Rosalina?
It was her wonderful voice(Sadly gone) in MKWii that made me start liking her. Then when I got Mario galaxy after, it was her story book that really cemented my love for her. Plus I like how she very tall, calm and elegant.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Welcome to Smashboards MaJoR! Here we talk about anything that relates to Rosalina, or something that's off-topic for once... or duke our texts for death match of debating... I think we all know what I meant here. No offense to anyone though. In fact, I like to grab my popcorn and sit down watching debates.

Hey.

Hey!

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy.

I just got the right idea.

Let's get Japanese people to support SMG3.

Only then Rosalina will take her role again as one of main protagonist.

Let's do it.

On a serious note (That wasn't serious? I spin my brain sometimes), I'm aware of Rosalina being hated so much (In fact. Sm4sh Rosalina's archetype made the hate worse. Poor Dabuz for JUST maining a character), but does the Rosalina hate exceed other characters such as Daisy/Waluigi? I think Rosalina might be hated more than either of them, but I may haven't seen everything.

I just hope Nintendo doesn't drop her.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually the fact that Rosalina like bikes and big vehicles is nothing to do with Prima. Official art depicts her with them, and CPU Rosalina's favour them. Plus, she is shown to be an enthusiastic mechanic in the storybook, so it all ties together.
Ironically, the only non-standard vehicles that a CPU Rosalina will use in Mario Kart 8 are the Pipe Frame and Circuit Special, which are both karts.

we need more like this
Looks rather weird for my tastes. But I guess my take on good Rosalina drawings is a bit different. For some examples...

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Welcome to Smashboards MaJoR! Here we talk about anything that relates to Rosalina, or something that's off-topic for once... or duke our texts for death match of debating... I think we all know what I meant here. No offense to anyone though. In fact, I like to grab my popcorn and sit down watching debates.

Hey.

Hey!

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy.

Let's do it.

On a serious note (That wasn't serious? I spin my brain sometimes), I'm aware of Rosalina being hated so much (In fact. Sm4sh Rosalina's archetype made the hate worse. Poor Dabuz for JUST maining a character), but does the Rosalina hate exceed other characters such as Daisy/Waluigi? I think Rosalina might be hated more than either of them, but I may haven't seen everything.

It's true the hate for Dabuuz is meaningless, but y'know, people...

Ironically, the only non-standard vehicles that a CPU Rosalina will use in Mario Kart 8 are the Pipe Frame and Circuit Special, which are both karts.

Looks rather weird for my tastes. But I guess my take on good Rosalina drawings is a bit different. For some examples...

Those drawings are really good, Rosalina & Luma are so cute.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord

Savin' those images.

It's tue hate for Dabuuz is meaningless, but y'know, people...
People will hate everything.
'I just got killed by a counter! Nerf it!'
'Wow! I got 60% off Luigi's grab because of bad DI and can't camp him out! Nerf him!'
'Lol! I died to Lucario's F-smash at 50% because I let him live to like 150%! Nerf him!'
'Falcon has that speed and power! Nerf it!'
'All Ness does is PK Fire to D-throw to triple F-air! Nerf him!'
'Rosalina is in this game over Daisy/Waluigi/Toad!? CUT HER!'

Sawnds familiar?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

She's uses the Landship as well. And there is official art of her on the Standard Bike.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
'Wow! I got 60% off Luigi's grab because of bad DI and can't camp him out! Nerf him!'
'Lol! I died to Lucario's F-smash at 50% because I let him live to like 150%! Nerf him!'

Sawnds familiar?
The odd part is that it was Diddy Kong who got nerfed the most with each of the balance updates. But that more has to do with how heavily viable he was before the nerfs took effect.

She's uses the Landship as well. And there is official art of her on the Standard Bike.
Rosalina never "ever" uses the Landship on my end. I've only seen the Koopalings and Bowser use it.

Also, I don't remember seeing any artwork of Rosalina using the Standard Bike, though I do know that the box art does have her using the Badwagon.

TriTails

Smash Lord
The odd part is that it was Diddy Kong who got nerfed the most with each of the balance updates. But that more has to do with how heavily viable he was before the nerfs took effect.
Diddy had the OP Hoo Hah. Though, getting hit hard by 2 separate balance updates sure is kind of overblowing it.

BTW guys. Can y'all give critisms?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPSwx_ug

I know I made the outlines... too thick. I also need to work on her face more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina never "ever" uses the Landship on my end. I've only seen the Koopalings and Bowser use it.

Also, I don't remember seeing any artwork of Rosalina using the Standard Bike, though I do know that the box art does have her using the Badwagon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The weird part is that Pink Gold Peach's stamp has her using a kart, while Peach is using a bike. This means that Pink Gold Peach is the only female with a biker suit, who does NOT use it for her stamp; Daisy's stamp has her with her biker suit.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It was her wonderful voice(Sadly gone) in MKWii that made me start liking her. Then when I got Mario galaxy after, it was her story book that really cemented my love for her. Plus I like how she very tall, calm and elegant.
Me too, after I read her storybook. I started to like her too.
Someone colored it too and made it a gif (and he did so with Peach and Daisy too)

Love it!
Savin' those images.

Sawnds familiar?
Yes, yes indeed.

Hey.

Hey!

Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy.

Let's do it.

I don't really think that many people hates Rosalina, Smash scene? Maybe. But they my just hate her because of her OP. While some who has totally ridiculous reason can just be ignored.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The weird part is that Pink Gold Peach's stamp has her using a kart, while Peach is using a bike. This means that Pink Gold Peach is the only female with a biker suit, who does NOT use it for her stamp; Daisy's stamp has her with her biker suit.

it's not weird , why would they want her to use a bike when Peach is already using it?

Since there's barely differences between them , as opposed to Cat Peach , then they will look almost identical in the stamp and they didn't want that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
it's not weird , why would they want her to use a bike when Peach is already using it?

Since there's barely differences between them , as opposed to Cat Peach , then they will look almost identical in the stamp and they didn't want that.
Good point, it will be very hard to tell if they are both in biker suits.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Hey, I wonder if it happens to you too: people switching to the character you're playing at the next match to try to beat you with your own character.
I always laugh at that, because if you both play your main, you obviously know you're own weaknesses, and you easily win against the opponent... I find that pretty immature though.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Hey, I wonder if it happens to you too: people switching to the character you're playing at the next match to try to beat you with your own character.
I always laugh at that, because if you both play your main, you obviously know you're own weaknesses, and you easily win against the opponent... I find that pretty immature though.
Boss is a top-level Luigi player. But he sucks at Luigi dittos. If I'm not mistaken, there's someone who has never used Luigi before yet won against him. And we are talking about someone who constantly places 1st at his weekly tourney and goes back and forth with Seagull Joe.

I suck too. At Luigi dittos at least.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Boss is a top-level Luigi player. But he sucks at Luigi dittos. If I'm not mistaken, there's someone who has never used Luigi before yet won against him. And we are talking about someone who constantly places 1st at his weekly tourney and goes back and forth with Seagull Joe.

Well I don't understand that. Every character I'm good against are pretty easy to use and vice versa.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But since stamps are very simplistic i think it's better the idea of having different vehicles like they did with Peach and PGP
I do still wonder why Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina never received two stamp versions, with the second having them use a kart, instead of a bike.

Lange

Smash Journeyman

Yeah boss is really good probably the best Luigi other than Concon. Nature of dittos is just strange that way. Someone who doesn't have near as much experience with your character can beat you sometimes.

Also Tri you had some nice points earlier about hate and nerfing. Much easier to complain than learn a matchup or adapt. Not saying nerfing isn't legitimately needed sometimes it is, but not on a dime like people say. Rosalina in smash has just become a focal point since the diddy nerds someone has to take the rage I guess. Though I as I was saying earlier it seems to extend beyond smash for the character quite a lot.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think I've ever seen this thread be so empty for quite a while. I guess there just isn't much to talk about today.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I think this thread is dead for a few days. But then I figure out that my notifications are being busted.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Cool. Show it to us here.
I'm not using my computer right now but I will eventually. And how is it that some of you can upload multiple pic while I'm only limited to uploading 3 pics, which is just ****ed up?
Sometimes I think this thread is dead for a few days. But then I figure out that my notifications are being busted.
You wanna talk about a social thread being dead? Go check out the Fox social.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just didn't really have anything to talk about, and I spent the day grinding in Sonic Runners and Hyrule Warriors. Still haven't got my classic child, and I only have until Friday... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom