• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The quickness isn't the problem with the Bonus Fruit, it's the unpredictability of many of them, and in the hands of a Pac-Man who knows how to re-use the same object multiple times, it can be quite troublesome.

EDIT: So the front page article has a translation of Sakurai's original PowerPoint presentation for the proposal of Smash 4, which he made right after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished. As you can see, the first slide involving a new character idea, was about Rosalina!

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
EDIT: So the front page article has a translation of Sakurai's original PowerPoint presentation for the proposal of Smash 4, which he made right after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished. As you can see, the first slide involving a new character idea, was about Rosalina!

I was going to post this, and I don't know about you guys, but I found this really comforting. Admittedly, I didn't consider Rosalina as a contender for being playable for some time; however, it's extremely pleasant to see that Sakurai was so on-point with her as early as the first few months of 2012. At that point in time, Rosalina had only appeared in both the Galaxy games and was playable in the two latest Mario Kart titles.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The quickness isn't the problem with the Bonus Fruit, it's the unpredictability of many of them, and in the hands of a Pac-Man who knows how to re-use the same object multiple times, it can be quite troublesome.

Is really "princess" written in the page or that's the translator idea to put that... I don't like it a lot...
By the way, what means "zero-g motif" ?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is really "princess" written in the page or that's the translator idea to put that... I don't like it a lot...
By the way, what means "zero-g motif" ?
I asked about that in the comments, haven't got an answer though.

It doesn't matter either way, as Sakurai, technically, is just a fan of the character, not anyone officially related. You can even see that he wasn't sure about where she came from (he doesn't seem sure about the fact she comes from another planet). It's not the first time he's made a mistake about the character.

And evidently, even if it was him who said it, he didn't make any reference to this in-game, so if he did make the mistake there, someone obviously corrected him.

If it was just a translator addition, then yeah, it was just another misinformed fan.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I asked about that in the comments, haven't got an answer though.

It doesn't matter either way, as Sakurai, technically, is just a fan of the character, not anyone officially related. You can even see that he wasn't sure about where she came from (he doesn't seem sure about the fact she comes from another planet). It's not the first time he's made a mistake about the character.

And evidently, even if it was him who said it, he didn't make any reference to this in-game, so if he did make the mistake there, someone obviously corrected him.

If it was just a translator addition, then yeah, it was just another misinformed fan.
True true, but I always feel sceptic about that... Even Miyamoto in an interview before SMG release says you would encounter a strange princess with stars entities...
That was before the release of the game, and in the game there was no information about any royalties but there's always someone in the backstage to say that.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Finally , i was able to put the Rosalina statue in the Daisy Circuit Texture hack! All thanks to a helpful MKWii.com user

I Chose my pose carefully , and it turned out really good! and i edited her face expression because by default she doesn't have that one.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
True true, but I always feel sceptic about that... Even Miyamoto in an interview before SMG release says you would encounter a strange princess with stars entities...
That was before the release of the game, and in the game there was no information about any royalties but there's always someone in the backstage to say that.
People keep saying "this source and that source said it" but I never see any of this no matter where I look.

Even so Miyamoto didn't even make the character and was known to have a grudge against her so I honestly wouldn't believe it anyway.

And at the end of the day, even if it was officially her title all of a sudden, I wouldn't care, because informed characterisation means nothing to me. It's the same reason I don't consider Daisy a tomboy.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Even so Miyamoto didn't even make the character and was known to have a grudge against her so I honestly wouldn't believe it anyway.
Techinically incorrect. Miyamoto was not sure about The depth they gave to Rosalina because Her backstory , he didn't want the backstory , but obviously planned the character to be in the game anyway , just with an even smaller role.

If he had a ''grudge'' againts the character itself , i highly doubt she would even made it outside Galaxy in MKWii as Rosalina was planned for it even before Galaxy was released.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Techinically incorrect. Miyamoto was not sure about The depth they gave to Rosalina because Her backstory , he didn't want the backstory , but obviously planned the character to be in the game anyway , just with an even smaller role.

If he had a ''grudge'' againts the character itself , i highly doubt she would even made it outside Galaxy in MKWii as Rosalina was planned for it even before Galaxy was released.
Actually that's not the case, Miyamoto outright said he didn't like the character at all at first in a 3D World interview (the Iwata Asks). He thought there was no point in there being a second main female character.

Yoshiaki Koizumi was the one who created her, and Miyamoto didn't want her to be a main character. Miyamoto's compromise was to make her a one level character, but he changed his mind when Koizumi presented the storybook.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually that's not the case, Miyamoto outright said he didn't like the character at all at first in a 3D World interview (the Iwata Asks). He thought there was no point in there being a second main female character.

Yoshiaki Koizumi was the one who created her, and Miyamoto didn't want her to be a main character. Miyamoto's compromise was to make her a one level character, but he changed his mind when Koizumi presented the storybook.
Yes , but how come , waaay back in 2008 , the character broke the barrier and appeared in MKWii?

I don't think they would just throw her in there as Rosalina is not a lazy reskin (Dry Bowser) or a WTF character (Baby Daisy)

She wasn't even popular to have that as an excuse to appear in the game . They certainly can say they don't like her , but not holding a ''grudge'' as they gave her the first push by making her playable so soon

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes , but how come , waaay back in 2008 , the character broke the barrier and appeared in MKWii?

I don't think they would just throw her in there as Rosalina is not a lazy reskin (Dry Bowser) or a WTF character (Baby Daisy)

She wasn't even popular to have that as an excuse to appear in the game . They certainly can say they don't like her , but not holding a ''grudge'' as they gave her the first push by making her playable so soon
Because Miyamoto let go of his grudge before Galaxy was finished. Again, in the Iwata Asks interview for 3D World, he talks about all of this. He says Rosalina was "all of a sudden showing up in Mario Kart like it was a normal thing".

It's entirely possible she was added really late into development.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Because Miyamoto let go of his grudge before Galaxy was finished. Again, in the Iwata Asks interview for 3D World, he talks about all of this. He says Rosalina was "all of a sudden showing up in Mario Kart like it was a normal thing".

It's entirely possible she was added really late into development.
Well that's true.

A hint of it could be the fact that , while Dry Bowser is technically the ''last'' character in MKWii , in the character Files , the RS or Rosetta files are always placed last , so it can be that she was added later.

However , the fact that Mercedes Rose recorded Rosalina's voice for Galaxy and MKWii at the same time in one take (which means it was before Galaxy was even released) , makes it evident that she was planned for Both games since the beggining , and not a last minute addition. So in the end she was gonna be in the game either way.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well that's true.

A hint of it could be the fact that , while Dry Bowser is technically the ''last'' character in MKWii , in the character Files , the RS or Rosetta files are always placed last , so it can be that she was added later.

However , the fact that Mercedes Rose recorded Rosalina's voice for Galaxy and MKWii at the same time in one take (which means it was before Galaxy was even released) , makes it evident that she was planned for Both games since the beggining , and not a last minute addition. So in the end she was gonna be in the game either way.
Actually, when voice actors are recording lines, a lot of lines go unused so it's entirely possible Mercedes just recorded for Galaxy, and some other lines were saved for MKWii. Or maybe they had her record MKWii lines in the event they decided to put Rosalina in the game at the last minute. We know stuff like this happened with Kerri Kane all over the place.

Keep in mind that even in Smash, Bowser Jr, as unique as he is, almost didn't make it in. I wouldn't be surprised if they just about got Rosalina into MKWii. Then again, MK characters are much easier to make than Smash characters. And also, Rosalina would have inevitably got into at least one spin off game, since Miyamoto probably only meant big, main series games when saying she was originally a one game character. Everyone gets into Mario Kart, it's not exactly a high honour.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
People keep saying "this source and that source said it" but I never see any of this no matter where I look.

And at the end of the day, even if it was officially her title all of a sudden, I wouldn't care, because informed characterisation means nothing to me. It's the same reason I don't consider Daisy a tomboy.
I wouldn't say a grudge too. He shows her no understanding, he doesn't understand why she's there "cause there's already Peach" (he really has a problem with characters that are different of Mario brothers, Peach, and the Bowser family... I wonder how he accepts the story of the spin-offs games, especially RPG...)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually, when voice actors are recording lines, a lot of lines go unused so it's entirely possible Mercedes just recorded for Galaxy, and some other lines were saved for MKWii. Or maybe they had her record MKWii lines in the event they decided to put Rosalina in the game at the last minute. We know stuff like this happened with Kerri Kane all over the place.

Keep in mind that even in Smash, Bowser Jr, as unique as he is, almost didn't make it in. I wouldn't be surprised if they just about got Rosalina into MKWii. Then again, MK characters are much easier to make than Smash characters. And also, Rosalina would have inevitably got into at least one spin off game, since Miyamoto probably only meant big, main series games when saying she was originally a one game character. Everyone gets into Mario Kart, it's not exactly a high honour.
Not quite.

Mercedes stated that she recorded only once , and not only that , why would they want her to record lines like :

''Whooooo'''
''Yahoooo''
''Yeah , We Win!''' , or ''Ok We Win!''
''Alright , not bad'' , ''Oh well , next time''
etc...

Those lines are way too SPECIFIC and don't fit in Galaxy at all , to be ''unused'' .

Like ''Hey Mercedes , we want you to record specific lines like you are in a racing game but we aren't gonna use them ....''

yeah , not buying it.

In the case of Kerri is the same. None of Rosalina's K.O sounds are reused (only the star KO) from MK7, and they are are waaay to specific , and as Kerri stated she recorded lots because she was asked to , which means they were gonna use her as Rosalina's voice for Smash since day 1 and not Laura Faye Smith's.

I wouldn't say a grudge too. He shows her no understanding, he doesn't understand why she's there "cause there's already Peach" (he really has a problem with characters that are different of Mario brothers, Peach, and the Bowser family... I wonder how he accepts the story of the spin-offs games, especially RPG...)
Probably because he holds tight to the characters he actually created. The ones created by others doesn't recive much of his attention apparently.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not quite.

Mercedes stated that she recorded only once , and not only that , why would they want her to record lines like :

''Whooooo'''
''Yahoooo''
etc...

Those lines are way too SPECIFIC and don't fit in Galaxy at all , to be ''unused'' .

Like ''Hey Mercedes , we want you to record specific lines like you are in a racing game but we aren't gonna use them ....''

yeah , not buying it.

In the case of Kerri is the same. None of Rosalina's K.O sounds are reused (only the star KO) from MK7, and they are are waaay to specific , and as Kerri stated she recorded lots because she was asked to , which means they were gonna use her as Rosalina's voice for Smash since day 1 and not Laura Faye Smith's.

Probably because he holds tight to the characters he actually created. The ones created by others doesn't recive much of his attention apparently.
My second point still stands though - maybe Rosalina being in the MK game was not finalised while Mercedes recorded for Galaxy, but they recorded voice clips for it just in case the idea went through.

Also nothing about Kerri's "new lines" is that specific. They are all just generic grunts. I don't think Kerri recorded specifically for MK7, I think they just knew Rosalina was gonna be in more games going forward, so they recorded a bunch of lines that could be swapped in and out of various games going forward.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Not quite.

''Whooooo'''
''Yahoooo''
etc...

yeah , not buying it.

We won't point out anyone : Daisy and Waluigi. :smirk:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was going to post this, and I don't know about you guys, but I found this really comforting. Admittedly, I didn't consider Rosalina as a contender for being playable for some time; however, it's extremely pleasant to see that Sakurai was so on-point with her as early as the first few months of 2012. At that point in time, Rosalina had only appeared in both the Galaxy games and was playable in the two latest Mario Kart titles.
Before they revealed Mario Galaxy stage, I first thought that Rosalina in Smash was nearly impossible, but still adding Rosalina was a very good choice in my opinion because she is really the only Mario character that is worth being Smash because she is unique, not just because of fan's demand like Bowser Jr.
There are times that I was disappointed of Sakurai's choice, like not making story mode cutscenes, adding Lucario, Bowser Jr, Dr.Mario in Smash.

I'm not sure if her was really having a grudge against her... perhaps he wasn't sure if he thinks Rosalina was really a character worth to be in many Mario games... but that's just me.
Exactly , but Rosalina can pass through because she is popular , and that's her true source for being common in recent games.
Yep, but as recently we see on the web, after her confirmation in Smash, it's kind of odd that people are actually starting to show some negative view of her, complaining that she being in too many Mario games, or some even thought Waluigi deserves to be in Smash in Rosalina. Was it because that Rosalina's high tier in Smash that had cause this kind of thing? I know there are a few Rosalina haters already, but just don't know why there are really a number of them staring to criticize of her being in too many Mario games.
However, we can forget about those who has stupid reasons of hating her, these idiots doesn't count.

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Before they revealed Mario Galaxy stage, I first thought that Rosalina in Smash was nearly impossible, but still adding Rosalina was a very good choice in my opinion because she is really the only Mario character that is worth being Smash because she is unique, not just because of fan's demand like Bowser Jr.
There are times that I was disappointed of Sakurai's choice, like not making story mode cutscenes, adding Lucario, Bowser Jr, Dr.Mario in Smash.

I'm not sure if her was really having a grudge against her... perhaps he wasn't sure if he thinks Rosalina was really a character worth to be in many Mario games... but that's just me.

Yep, but as recently we see on the web, after her confirmation in Smash, it's kind of odd that people are actually starting to show some negative view of her, complaining that she being in too many Mario games, or some even thought Waluigi deserves to be in Smash in Rosalina. Was it because that Rosalina's high tier in Smash that had cause this kind of thing? I know there are a few Rosalina haters already, but just don't know why there are really a number of them staring to criticize of her being in too many Mario games.
However, we can forget about those who has stupid reasons of hating her, these idiots doesn't count.
I think it's mainly because most people think that just because a character has existed for longer, they deserve special treatment. I don't know much about Waluigi or Daisy, but from what I've seen he's just some fraudulent crook version of Luigi that is far uglier than him, and Daisy just seems like a really loud, short tempered, obnoxious tomboy that always yells no matter what the situation. Yet people prefer those 2 characters over one that actually isn't a copy of another character, has a touching backstory and nice personality

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it's mainly because most people think that just because a character has existed for longer, they deserve special treatment. I don't know much about Waluigi or Daisy, but from what I've seen he's just some fraudulent crook version of Luigi that is far uglier than him, and Daisy just seems like a really loud, short tempered, obnoxious tomboy that always yells no matter what the situation. Yet people prefer those 2 characters over one that actually isn't a copy of another character, has a touching backstory and nice personality
Yeah, so that's why I was disappointed that Bowser Jr was in Smash, and he was going to get cut i nthe first place.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
On the personality thing, if we do consider the spin-offs non-canon, then they don't have any personality, and Waluigi wouldn't even exist.
Well, I don't think we could describe them like that, but it's true the new argument is "(s)he was there before, (s)he deserves better !" (if that was the case, Pauline would be Nintendo's female mascot).

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
On the personality thing, if we do consider the spin-offs non-canon, then they don't have any personality, and Waluigi wouldn't even exist.
Well, I don't think we could describe them like that, but it's true the new argument is "(s)he was there before, (s)he deserves better !" (if that was the case, Pauline would be Nintendo's female mascot).
And even so, I will still think Rosalina is the only Mario character that deserves to be in Smash for now. And let's hope she can still return to Smash5 if there are. She has nearly no reason of being cut.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Is there a spin off of Daisy and Waluigi? If so please tell me what the games were called so I can play them, also if there are spin offs for those characters isn't it rather strange no one ever talks about it? Or at least no one I know talk about a Daisy/Waluigi game but I do hear many talk about SMG games and Rosalina outside of this site and IRL.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People started hating on Rosalina when she got into 3D World, and later Smash, because she was apparently being "treated too well". Then they started even complaining about her being in MK8, even though that's completely normal because A) anyone gets into Mario Kart, and B) Rosalina had already been in 3 Mario Kart games before (the third being Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, where she was added as DLC).

These guys are ignoring the fact that Yoshi started off as a non-mandatory power-up and went on to start his very own series of games a year later, and even got added to the first Smash Bros as his own franchise.

Similar thing happened with Wario too.

Compare that to Rosalina who was actually considered a genuine milestone in the Mario universe and kickstarted a storytelling technique in video games, and has been insanely popular since her inception, yet took a bit of a break for a few years, and even though she's almost a decade old, has not even appeared in 20 games.

And people try to say she's "forced".

Is there a spin off of Daisy and Waluigi? If so please tell me what the games were called so I can play them, also if there are spin offs for those characters isn't it rather strange no one ever talks about it? Or at least no one I know talk about a Daisy/Waluigi game but I do hear many talk about SMG games and Rosalina outside of this site and IRL.
Daisy originated in Super Mario Land where she was literally just a replacement for Peach.

Waluigi was actually the main villain of Mario Dance Dance Revolution (I may have got that title wrong), and Next Level Games give Waluigi special treatment in Mario Strikers by giving him some standout animations, because they really like him (and have hinted that they at one point worked on an ultimately cancelled spin-off game for him), but other than that, he hasn't got much going for him. He was cut from Mario Kart 7 because he was considered low priority and they had time constraints.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
No, I was saying they only appear in spin-offs games, except Daisy who needed to be rescued in Super Mario Land.

And even so, I will still think Rosalina is the only Mario character that deserves to be in Smash for now. And let's hope she can still return to Smash5 if there are. She has nearly no reason of being cut.
Arf, if the NX can't support them like the 3DS and Ice Climbers...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, I was saying they only appear in spin-offs games, except Daisy who needed to be rescued in Super Mario Land.

Arf, if the NX can't support them like the 3DS and Ice Climbers...
Why can't the NX support? LOL

People started hating on Rosalina when she got into 3D World, and later Smash, because she was apparently being "treated too well". Then they started even complaining about her being in MK8, even though that's completely normal because A) anyone gets into Mario Kart, and B) Rosalina had already been in 3 Mario Kart games before (the third being Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, where she was added as DLC).

These guys are ignoring the fact that Yoshi started off as a non-mandatory power-up and went on to start his very own series of games a year later, and even got added to the first Smash Bros as his own franchise.

Similar thing happened with Wario too.

Compare that to Rosalina who was actually considered a genuine milestone in the Mario universe and kickstarted a storytelling technique in video games, and has been insanely popular since her inception, yet took a bit of a break for a few years, and even though she's almost a decade old, has not even appeared in 20 games.

And people try to say she's "forced".

Daisy originated in Super Mario Land where she was literally just a replacement for Peach.

Waluigi was actually the main villain of Mario Dance Dance Revolution (I may have got that title wrong), and Next Level Games give Waluigi special treatment in Mario Strikers by giving him some standout animations, because they really like him (and have hinted that they at one point worked on an ultimately cancelled spin-off game for him), but other than that, he hasn't got much going for him. He was cut from Mario Kart 7 because he was considered low priority and they had time constraints.
I think some people might complain about you A)... Diddy Kong didn't make it into MK...sad...

"Forced"? What do they mean forced? It's Nintendo's own decision. Speaking of which, I really dislike the idea of fans cancelling Metroid Prime:FF. Just because this new Metroid game wasn't appealing to most people doesn't mean you guys need to cancel it. First time fans trying to take down an upcoming game just doesn't feel right.
Let's just hope this won't happen to Rosalina if she is going to have her own game... could it happen that next time a new Smash character reveal, if it wasn't a fan requested character, will there be a massive campaign of trying to take down this character? Hope not.

I really hope she won't be DLC in future games... it will be very cruel of her being DLC in my opinion.
Whoops DD post, help here @Mario & Sonic Guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore. I'm too lazy too read. Can someone tell me what's going on in here?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't even know what's going on in this thread anymore. I'm too lazy too read. Can someone tell me what's going on in here?
Um... Sakurai had made a book about his development of Smash4, here were some concept pics of the game. And most things are actually the ones we have already know. And on part actually mentions Rosalina. That makes us discussing about her role in Mario games once more.

Even more back, we were talking about her possible sport outfit.

Do you have anything to share with us?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , as usual , i'm completely against the hate for Waluigi and Daisy.

They may not be the most important characters in the franchise (friendly reminder that Rosalina isn't either) but they are really nice to have around and add diversity since they have tons of personality and unique features that make them stand out somehow , especially Daisy , who never misses a ''Select your player'' game that everybody has played and is never called ''Orange Peach'' by young children as opposed to the ''Blue Peach'' or ''Peach'' term used for Rosie .

In the end we should respect what everybody likes , since i find ironic how a fanbase complaints about hate , when they also hate on others.

I'm glad i'm one of the very very very few people around this thread that it's happy with Peach , Daisy , Rosalina , Waluigi , Birdo , etc in the same picture.

they are just characters in the end , so ''hate'' is pointless to the extreme of being petty and ridiculous.

My 2 cents.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Well , as usual , i'm completely against the hate for Waluigi and Daisy.

They may not be the most important characters in the franchise (friendly reminder that Rosalina isn't either) but they are really nice to have around and add diversity since they have tons of personality and unique features that make them stand out somehow , especially Daisy , who never misses a ''Select your player'' game that everybody has played and is never called ''Orange Peach'' by young children as opposed to the ''Blue Peach'' or ''Peach'' term used for Rosie .

In the end we should respect what everybody likes , since i find ironic how a fanbase complaints about hate , when they also hate on others.

I'm glad i'm one of the very very very few people around this thread that it's happy with Peach , Daisy , Rosalina , Waluigi , Birdo , etc in the same picture.

they are just characters in the end , so ''hate'' is pointless to the extreme of being petty and ridiculous.

My 2 cents.
I don't get where you got that someone is hating, the post I made was my opinion on the 2 characters and i pointed out stuff i don't like about them, never did i or anyone else (to my knowledge) use the word hate towards Daisy or Waluigi, but I just don't find them interesting in the slightest. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't care for Rosalina and that's fine but I don't think that any one can deny the fact she has more going for her than Daisy or Waluigi do.

EDIT: My other issue with characters within the Mario Universe is that so many of them can only be taken at face value and nothing more, there's nothing deep about them other than whats on the surface and i feel like that's something really important characters should have.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Daisy is called "Peach clone" of the time.

Blue Peach isn't even something fans call her, it's an insult from forum ****posters.

Nobody was hating on these characters anyway...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't get where you got that someone is hating, the post I made was my opinion on the 2 characters and i pointed out stuff i don't like about them, never did i or anyone else (to my knowledge) use the word hate towards Daisy or Waluigi, but I just don't find them interesting in the slightest. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't care for Rosalina and that's fine but I don't think that any one can deny the fact she has more going for her than Daisy or Waluigi do.

EDIT: My other issue with characters within the Mario Universe is that so many of them can only be taken at face value and nothing more, there's nothing deep about them other than whats on the surface and i feel like that's something really important characters should have.
Fans yes ,but sadly everything else is untouched at the moment.

One the most important things , Rosalina's backstory , isn't strong anymore with the developers being nonchalant and never wanting to touch it , even going so far and creating Baby Rosalina.

Rosalina still inspires me , with her presence , but the initial Strong portrayal was dropped after 3DWorld.

Rosalina to me , gives me more of a Happy vibe , like the one i feel for Peach , rather than the Cool and Fierce vibe back then.

Not that it's bad , but i totally lost interest to her ''depth'' since it's almost non-existent nowdays.

Daisy is called "Peach clone" of the time.

Blue Peach isn't even something fans call her, it's an insult from forum ****posters.

Nobody was hating on these characters anyway...
Lies.

Young children and people that are not hardcore fans can spot Daisy easily and tell her apart from Peach.

Orange Peach is a hateful term used by the harcore and never by casuals

However , go and show a picture of Rosie to someone that knows Mario but is not a fan.

like 80% will say thats PEACH , i have done it and i wasn't dissapointed by the obvious results.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, here's an opinion of mines: I don't like Daisy but I hate Waluigi just as much as I hate Peach.

Anyways, what I've missed in here? I don't feel like going back and forth through pages to see what was going on here.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
Fans yes ,but sadly everything else is untouched at the moment.

One the most important things , Rosalina's backstory , isn't strong anymore with the developers being nonchalant and never wanting to touch it , even going so far and creating Baby Rosalina.

Rosalina still inspires me , with her presence , but the initial Strong portrayal was dropped after 3DWorld.

Rosalina to me , gives me more of a Happy vibe , like the one i feel for Peach , rather than the Cool and Fierce vibe back then.

Not that it's bad , but i totally lost interest to her ''depth'' since it's almost non-existent nowdays.

Lies.

Young children and people that are not hardcore fans can spot Daisy easily and tell her apart from Peach.

Orange Peach is a hateful term used by the harcore and never by casuals

However , go and show a picture of Rosie to someone that knows Mario but is not a fan.

like 80% will say thats PEACH , i have done it and i wasn't dissapointed by the obvious results.
"One the most important things , Rosalina's backstory , isn't strong anymore with the developers being nonchalant and never wanting to touch it , even going so far and creating Baby Rosalina.

Not that it's bad , but i totally lost interest to her ''depth'' since it's almost non-existent nowdays."

I feel this is terrible reasoning because everyone is pretty much lacking depth in 3D world not just Rosalina. They also made baby characters for Peach Daisy Mario Luigi yet its bad they did for Rosa? how does this make sense? Also I have yet to hear anyone refer to Rosalina as Peach unless they were hating on Rosalina but that's a given

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We're not getting into your mindless accusations again, Swiftie. You've been proven wrong before, I'm not doing it again.

I swear your opinion on Rosalina is schizophrenic. One minute you love her, the next you talk about her like she's the anti-Christ and that her fans are evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom