• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have her, but I wouldn't mind another to keep in box, and another to make a custom with.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I have her, but I wouldn't mind another to keep in box, and another to make a custom with.
Hm... I might buy another Mario to keep in box too then.
I will try to et Rosalina first, and then Dark Pit if lucky, if not, I will just get other amiibos then. I have the store where I had been has still has Rosalina. Last time I went there, she was still on the shelf, but I was 100 NT$ short... so I didn't get her...

Here are amiibo price in my country.
400~450NT$ amiibos: Ones that are very common. Like Super Mario amiibo, Lugi amiibo etc. I got Super Luigi amiibo for only 400NT$
500~600NT$: Amiibos that were once rare but recently restock, like Sonic Villager, Megaman, and Rosalina etc. 550NT$ is really the standard price for semi common amiibos here.
700~1000NT$: Recent amiibos are mostly around 770 NT$. I was going to get Dark Pit when he had ust came out and he was 770NT$. Amiibos around this price are the rare or popular amiibos.
1000NT$~: Amiibos that are extremly rare that it's nearly impossible get it from retail. Like Marth, Captain Falcon, and Shulk. Gold and Silver Mario amiibos are around this price too.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hey! Seeing as the actual Skype thread is kinda dead, I was just wondering if I could join the Skype group? New to her and I know I have a lot to learn. My username is AlacionK. Cheers!

Cree

Smash Cadet
NNID
NL-Michi
3DS FC
4613-9307-3814
My local Smyths Toystore FINALLY has Rosalina Amiibos in stock, as do many other stores in Ireland.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/...endo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-rosalina/

I'm tempted to walk down just to see the stock and take a picture. It's pretty amazing that a local place actually has her now.

Huehuehue~

It seems my luck and hope has surpassed the odds, mhm? My dream to own 9 Rosalina Amiibo preferably bought at retail price may be possible. I might as well buy the paint ahead of time and practice a bit. Heh, could even paint my Peach Amiibo to see how it goes beforehand. Thanks for the update, I saw a tweet a while ago stating the import of 32k Rosalina Amiibo which I immediately doubted. 32k is far too big of a number for something previously scarce. Ah, imagine if Nintendo realizes that Rosalina has a dedicated fan-base and begins to manufacture her Amiibo like they do to Mario, Link, Peach, etc. I mean, I certainly believe Rosalina should have more priority than Peach. Something like that could even edge on another SMG with her being playable?

And to the outfit topic that fluttered by, I like seeing her in different outfits. She looks good in like, everything. So seeing her in an actual game with her own unique outfits would be just lovely. It does not matter if it's only a slight modification. I just really, really, do not want a recolor. I would be heartbroken to see that happen to a character with so much personality and a deep background. Peach is a cookie cutout of a damsel in distress while Daisy is a substitute for said cutout. Rosalina should never receive recolors of their outfits. It even makes sense for those 2 to have matching outfits. Rosalina? They can't even argue that.

That's the end of my post: I struck gold with the imports of Rosalina Amiibo, and she is still gorgeous in many kinds of outfits.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Considering that Rosalina levitates, she could still get away with wearing her high heels while playing tennis. It might not seem proper, but we've seen the White Mage play basketball while wearing pumps, instead of sports sneakers.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This should basically be Rosalina's Tennis outfit.
Looks awesome.
Huehuehue~

It seems my luck and hope has surpassed the odds, mhm? My dream to own 9 Rosalina Amiibo preferably bought at retail price may be possible. I might as well buy the paint ahead of time and practice a bit. Heh, could even paint my Peach Amiibo to see how it goes beforehand. Thanks for the update, I saw a tweet a while ago stating the import of 32k Rosalina Amiibo which I immediately doubted. 32k is far too big of a number for something previously scarce. Ah, imagine if Nintendo realizes that Rosalina has a dedicated fan-base and begins to manufacture her Amiibo like they do to Mario, Link, Peach, etc. I mean, I certainly believe Rosalina should have more priority than Peach. Something like that could even edge on another SMG with her being playable?

And to the outfit topic that fluttered by, I like seeing her in different outfits. She looks good in like, everything. So seeing her in an actual game with her own unique outfits would be just lovely. It does not matter if it's only a slight modification. I just really, really, do not want a recolor. I would be heartbroken to see that happen to a character with so much personality and a deep background. Peach is a cookie cutout of a damsel in distress while Daisy is a substitute for said cutout. Rosalina should never receive recolors of their outfits. It even makes sense for those 2 to have matching outfits. Rosalina? They can't even argue that.

That's the end of my post: I struck gold with the imports of Rosalina Amiibo, and she is still gorgeous in many kinds of outfits.
It's gonna take me almost forever to get a Rosalina amiibo... I hope I can get my money soon...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huehuehue~

Wait, you live in Ireland?

Also her online stock at Smyths has been updated yet again. It's great to finally see some Rosalina's come in. Seriously hope they last until I can get some money, so I can pick up two (one to keep in box, one to make a custom with).

Out of curiosity, where does the artwork in your avatar come from? I know it's based off of a Stamp in 3D World, but I've never seen that cleaner version of it.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Umm... So I just found this recently on tumblr... Showed up on my dashboard.

http://botanicsage.tumblr.com/post/123062174997/akairiot-ssb4-summer-munchies-icons-feel-free

Some are pretty lewd... Apparently these are icons too (included in the link).
Ah, Akairiot. Always goes above and beyond to make the girls look cute... and lewd at the same time.
-A grown up female Villager eating some chocolate ice cream.
-The stripper sticking her icicle in her boobs like a *****.
-***** licking a lollipop like a *****.
-Wii Fit Trainer feelin' the burn with a banana in her mouth.
-...I have no idea what Lucina is eating. Makes her look like a spoiled kid.
-Samus gets drunk under the sun.
-Robin eating a donut while waitin' for someone to pat her on her head.
-Rosalina looks just as graceful enjoying her icicle.
-Zelda looks like she's telling someone to "get lost" while enjoying her strawberry ice cream.

Overall, the stripper and Peach are still ****** while the rest of them shines ever so bright.
I take it that you don't like Palutena or Peach. I don't like Peach either, but I do like Palutena. I personally find her pretty cool and funny (although I'm terrible playing as her in Smash) and I think people exaggerate when they find Palutena too talkative or annoying. But that's just my opinion. Preferences and whatever, what'll ya do?
I remember I got Mario popsicle a long time ago when I was in USA, his nose was made of blue gumball...

It looks similar to this, I don't really remember what did Mario popsicle had look like, but I did remember his nose was blue.
From that angle, it looks like the back of a red Yoshi's head.
Oh yes please. This pretty much gives her the best of both. A unique design, faithfulness to her character, homage to her original outfit, and a very fitting outfit that lets her show off her legs.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I need to see those amazing fit legs bare:

A video by ZeRo on how to fight Rosalina & Luma:
What do you guys think?
Eeeeeeh, it's mostly elementary stuff in this video. Like, this is only really gonna help beginners or people who seriously just haven't ran into any Rosalina players before. Still nice that it's there.

I would say one or two of the later points are kind of misinformation, though. Like how he says Rosalina is "limited" when she is against the edge of the stage. He assumes a defensive Rosalina there, which I guess is expected since he mostly just fights Dabuz. Rosalina isn't actually very limited in that position at all, though, in fact, it can be extremely advantageous depending on who she is against and how she uses it. For example, she can perform "Pivot Boosted" Luma attacks, which she can only do in this position.

And while I mostly agree that you should never challenge her U-air, I think there are exceptions, and he forgot to mention that. Some characters, like Link, Toon Link, Bowser, and Yoshi have fast moves involving hurtling towards the ground, and it's worth learning how to catch a Rosalina player out with those, as they can beat her U-air if you time it right. Pac-Man can also just drop a fire hydrant which can smack right into her (and if she is jumping up too high, it WILL KO her too if she is at a decent percent), and I think in some situations, Pac-Man can direct his Side B into her (since he gains invulnerability once he eats the Power Pellet).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing Rosalina wear a shorter dress would be nice, especially if it means seeing her high heels more frequently.

For those who didn't see it several pages back, I did have my own impression on what Rosalina's sports-themed outfit would be like.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I hope they put some creativity in Rosalina's outfit for Tennis and Olympics if she is in.

All of these options remind me of Peach and Daisy in N64 , just choppin off half of their dresses doesn't make an outfit (in this case too , choppin' off Rosalina's dress to make an excuse to show her legs doesn't make an outfit and less if she still has heels)

Nintendo finally came to their sences , gave Peach a Proper Short Dress and Daisy had shorts .

And then they had fun swapping their outfits , giving Peach shorts too and Daisy also had an option for a short dress.

I hope they don't go with the ''easy'' way as many pictures show around , as it will either look like a lazy and unconfortable outfit or a straight copy from White Mage's.

My best bet is that , in Tennis , Rosalina WON'T HAVE an special outfit since they would just make her float so it's unnecesary because she wouldn't be running.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah I think that if anything, much like with Mario Golf, Rosalina will probably maintain her signature dress for Mario Tennis, all thanks to her levitation powers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But that's no fun! :c

I hope Luma returns in that game also. Luma needs to be a standalone character in more spin-offs, and in Mario Kart.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
But that's no fun! :c

I hope Luma returns in that game also. Luma needs to be a standalone character in more spin-offs, and in Mario Kart.
Well , we can assume that both can be playable considering that Mario Tennis always works with ''Pairs'' for doubles.

Mario has Luigi , Peach has Daisy , Wario Has Waluigi , And so on.

Rosalina will probably have Luma as a partner .

On the other hand , they can also make her appear alone , since they cut Birdo in Mario Power Tennis , leaving Yoshi without a solid partner... So they can cut Luma and let Rosalina take on.

50/50 chances for anything , and that being said , i just hope she is in the game somehow.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A video by ZeRo on how to fight Rosalina & Luma:
What do you guys think?
I think it's okay, there are many other videos about how to deal with Rosalina too. But like they say: Saying is always easier than done. Rosalina will still be a hard opponent.
In the end, it feels like ZeRo is trying to tell us that only ZSS,Sheik, and Diddy Kong can deal with Rosalina...

That would break the sacred myth for me.
Showing her legs... maybe...
https://twitter.com/trintran/status/617001138672406528

MY BOY BILL GONNA BE REPPING MAH BAE

MY BOY BILL TEACHIN' THESE NAYSAYERS THE BIBLE OF ROSALINA (AND YOSHI)
Please Bill, don't pick Rosalina unless you are good with her. You were great in Smash 3DS National Tournament last year. But hope you don't lose again with Rosalina.
Ah, Akairiot. Always goes above and beyond to make the girls look cute... and lewd at the same time.

I take it that you don't like Palutena or Peach. I don't like Peach either, but I do like Palutena. I personally find her pretty cool and funny (although I'm terrible playing as her in Smash) and I think people exaggerate when they find Palutena too talkative or annoying. But that's just my opinion. Preferences and whatever, what'll ya do?

From that angle, it looks like the back of a red Yoshi's head.

Oh yes please. This pretty much gives her the best of both. A unique design, faithfulness to her character, homage to her original outfit, and a very fitting outfit that lets her show off her legs.
I still wonder why my Mario popsicle's nose was blue...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ZeRo isn't saying that only those three can deal with Rosalina, since he's blatantly said that Diddy and ZSS struggle against her, and Sheik is either even, or has a slight disadvantage against her.

IMO the best characters to use against Rosalina are Shulk and Pac-Man.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
ZeRo isn't saying that only those three can deal with Rosalina, since he's blatantly said that Diddy and ZSS struggle against her, and Sheik is either even, or has a slight disadvantage against her.

It's true Shulk could be really hard to face against, however, I don't see why Pac-Man... Could you explain me why ?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Shulk and Pacman? I think Rosalia is good to team up with Shulk in my opinion.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's true Shulk could be really hard to face against, however, I don't see why Pac-Man... Could you explain me why ?
I'm not saying "OMG SHULK AND PAC-MAN DECIMATE ROSALINA", but they are the best characters to use against her IMO by virtue of the fact that pretty much every other character in the roster is either A) completely shut down by her, or B) they may not be completely shut down, but they have no particular counter or escape from Rosalina's most deadly options, such as U-air.

Shulk is pretty much the perfect match for Rosalina since he has a weapon that outranges Rosalina regardless of whether or not Luma is present, and due to his Buster and Speed Arts, he can combo her pretty well despite her "anti-combo" light weight. He pretty much wins neutral, though Rosalina has the advantage in the air and definitely off-stage. It's kind of difficult to get him into those positions though, and you are reliant on slipping Luma into his "blind spots" (Shulk's will mostly be using their N-air and F-air against you at ground level due to the auto cancel frames on those moves, leaving very few opportunities to counter him. The moves have distinct blind spots, though, albeit they are hard for Rosalina to take advantage of). However, with customs on, Rosalina wins the MU very easily, as her customs fix all of the problems she otherwise has in neutral, and Shulk's customs are flat out bad and gimmicky so he's best just keeping his defaults for the most part. I also think it isn't as hard for Rosalina if platforms are present, as it gives Rosalina more openings to catch Shulk out on.

Pac-Man is a decent character to use against Rosalina IMO because he is the only other character in the game that can rival Rosalina's superb stage control. He has many different projectiles to play with that are hard to read, and he can place hydrants and trampolines about the stage, and even get around with the Power Pellet, which gives him invulnerability once he actually consumes the pellet itself. He also is the only character with an EASY answer to Rosalina's U-air. If Rosalina attempts to get him with U-air, most of the time he can answer that by simply throwing down a hyrdrant, which pushes him up slightly, out of harms way, and goes through Rosalina's U-air. If the Rosalina player is foolish enough to try this while near the top of the screen, this is guaranteed to KO her from as early as like 40%-50%. Rosalina CAN potentially fake Pac-Man out by baiting the hyrdrant and then GP'ing it close enough to him so that it hits him, and KOs him if the percent his high enough, but it only really works if the Pac-Man isn't prepared for it. With that in mind, Pac-Man is the only character that can safely avoid being juggled by Rosalina with a near completely consistent rate. Once again, however, Pac-Man does not fare as well with customs on, and I think Rosalina has an advantage even with defaults on any stage that isn't FD/Omega.

So yeah, while these characters are far from impossible for Rosalina to face and Rosalina still arguably has an advantage against them, they are not MUs she can take lightly, and you have to know what you are doing to face good Pac-Man players and Shulk players.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm not saying "OMG SHULK AND PAC-MAN DECIMATE ROSALINA", but they are the best characters to use against her IMO by virtue of the fact that pretty much every other character in the roster is either A) completely shut down by her, or B) they may not be completely shut down, but they have no particular counter or escape from Rosalina's most deadly options, such as U-air.

Shulk is pretty much the perfect match for Rosalina since he has a weapon that outranges Rosalina regardless of whether or not Luma is present, and due to his Buster and Speed Arts, he can combo her pretty well despite her "anti-combo" light weight. He pretty much wins neutral, though Rosalina has the advantage in the air and definitely off-stage. It's kind of difficult to get him into those positions though, and you are reliant on slipping Luma into his "blind spots" (Shulk's will mostly be using their N-air and F-air against you at ground level due to the auto cancel frames on those moves, leaving very few opportunities to counter him. The moves have distinct blind spots, though, albeit they are hard for Rosalina to take advantage of). However, with customs on, Rosalina wins the MU very easily, as her customs fix all of the problems she otherwise has in neutral, and Shulk's customs are flat out bad and gimmicky so he's best just keeping his defaults for the most part. I also think it isn't as hard for Rosalina if platforms are present, as it gives Rosalina more openings to catch Shulk out on.

Pac-Man is a decent character to use against Rosalina IMO because he is the only other character in the game that can rival Rosalina's superb stage control. He has many different projectiles to play with that are hard to read, and he can place hydrants and trampolines about the stage, and even get around with the Power Pellet, which gives him invulnerability once he actually consumes the pellet itself. He also is the only character with an EASY answer to Rosalina's U-air. If Rosalina attempts to get him with U-air, most of the time he can answer that by simply throwing down a hyrdrant, which pushes him up slightly, out of harms way, and goes through Rosalina's U-air. If the Rosalina player is foolish enough to try this while near the top of the screen, this is guaranteed to KO her from as early as like 40%-50%. Rosalina CAN potentially fake Pac-Man out by baiting the hyrdrant and then GP'ing it close enough to him so that it hits him, and KOs him if the percent his high enough, but it only really works if the Pac-Man isn't prepared for it. With that in mind, Pac-Man is the only character that can safely avoid being juggled by Rosalina with a near completely consistent rate. Once again, however, Pac-Man does not fare as well with customs on, and I think Rosalina has an advantage even with defaults on any stage that isn't FD/Omega.

So yeah, while these characters are far from impossible for Rosalina to face and Rosalina still arguably has an advantage against them, they are not MUs she can take lightly, and you have to know what you are doing to face good Pac-Man players and Shulk players.
I really hope there will be a good Shulk pro someday being famous in the Smash competitive scene. So far Shulk is very rare to appear in Smash tournaments. Pacman has to be Abadango from Japan. I remember Dabuz beat over Abadango in the last match only with percentages, not really KOed him. So I think Abadango will a next potential Smash pro to beat Dabuz's Rosalina. Shulk, we'll just wait and see. I found myself becoming more and more flexible with Shulk, but can't really count as "mastered" him, I still can't use MALLC properly...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think it has to do with how quick PAC-MAN is able to throw his Bonus Fruit. If he uses it real close to Rosalina, there's almost no time for her to react to it. Likewise, the Fire Hydrant gets thrown quite fast too, and as sonicbrawler182 pointed out, it can counter Rosalina's u-air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom